Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Cypress/Ebony Mix 14" Core of Basilisk Fang; Black Walnut/Maple 12 3/4" Essense of Silver Thistle
Well, looks like it is my turn to make one of these, so get prepared for your Scrooge-like Global Mod to give you all of the exciting updates that we have! There are so many, so sit back. (I wonder why I am stuck with the ones that have a million updates haha! xD )
End of Y16
Seems just like yesterday that we had Y16 up and going, and now it is coming to an end. It almost sucks, doesn't it? Not really, with sorting ahead, awesome plots that will make you laugh, cry and maybe even throw a keyboard or two. So make sure to wrap up any plots for Y16,and get prepared for the classes that rest ahead. Keep in mind that the schedule has changed, and all of the grades have been issued out. So say goodbye to Y16, it is soo yesterday now.
Also, there is the lovely feast that happens at the end of the year, so be sure to get in there and read! Oh, and post.

Graduation
Congratulations to the graduates of Y16, or 2032! They have been added to our oh so lovely graduation dates. If you have a character that has recently graduated, just throw the staff a PM and we will add you of course. If you have a graduate, please post in the forum! And if you have been invited, you are welcome to post there too! Be sure to get to it quickly, it will be closing on Monday, tomorrow for us, and that is when the group there will be promoted to their requested group, or member if they did not choose.

Accio!
Accio! is finished and ready to be released! Your wait for the Superlative winners are over! If you were looking forward to seeing who won what that is. The cover has an amazing affect to it, and you will be sure to love what you see.

Quidditch Cup
Surprisingly enough, the ones with the 'bad attitudes' and will 'use any means to get what they want' (Slytherins of course) managed to win the Quidditch Cup! Perhaps Isabella Dragonov's competitive nature helped them achieve their goal! Or they were too afraid, whichever was the case. But congrats to Slytherin for winning the Quidditch Cup!

House Cup
So surprise here on who won the house cup. Gryffindor! They win again with a solid lead, with Slytherin not too far behind them. This is their second year in a roll! Coincidentally the one that earned the most points for their house was not a Gryffindor. So come on, Slytherin and Hufflepuff, it has been ages since you won a house cup, so get to work for Y17!

Prefects and Head People
Huh, well, this might be one of my favorite parts of the update, announcing the prefects and head people! So give a hand to the following people who deserved it![ul][li]Isaia Romanes</LI>
[li]Kate Moon
[li]Giselle Varius
[li]Jennette Jenkins
[li]Auden Lefevre
[li]Proserpina Laurent
[li]Oliver Cade Halliwell
[li]Star Moon
[li]Justin Kuya
[li]Artemis Jackson[/li][/ul]

Sorting and Transfers for Y17: Opened
Would you look at that? It is the Sorting Hat, ready to sort a hundred or so first years! If you have an urge to make a first year, we encourage you to make one to get sorted! The more work the sorting hat has to do, the better! :r After all, this school wouldn't be much without the first years to pick on play with. Of course, if you want someone older, there is the chance of getting a transfer. Only half are accepted, so if you get denied, make sure you have a back up plan. If you are looking for information on sorting, just pop in here and if you are looking for information based on transferring, come here.
Secret Santa: Is Coming to Town
Deadlines for Secret Santa has ended, so if you missed out, there is always next year! Pat is getting everything together, and make sure to keep an eye out for the jolly bearded Irish (wo)man to come to town and deliver the gifts! Just in case you don't know, Pat is Irish, and is portraying Santa Claus. xD For those with busy, busy lives, Pat may have given them until Christmas Eve to finish them up. So, make sure yours is finished and hope that the person you are giving to loves your gift!

Shopkeeper Applications: Closed sans One
The shop applications are now closed, and we will be hiring shortly. Wait, there is still one more shop that needs an applicant! Quality Quidditch Supplies is still looking for an owner. So if you have a character that would love to run a shop and is a big fan of Quidditch that doesn't go professional, come here to apply!

Professor Applications: Opened
We need some dedicated people to come and fill in the professor slots. This requires you to be online a lot to do the work for the professor, but it isn't so hard (I've been a professor since 2008 and I can tell you it isn't hard work once you get used to it). We are hiring for Herbology (years 1-4), Charms (years 1-4) and Muggle Studies (years 5-7). So if you believe that you can fill in the spot, we encourage you to come here to find which one you want, and apply!

Last Bi-Weekly Update for the Year
This is the last Bi-Weekly Update that you will get for the rest of the year. There's not much of it yet, but there will be a break for the staff to enjoy the holidays when it comes to posting up updates. So don't fret, they will continue next year. ^_^

Character Spotlight
Looks like the spotlight for December is none other than the lovely Nicole, or Andrea Kelize! Her biography and development impressed the staff and we believed that she would be a good role model for the newer people to develop their characters. So thank you, Nicole, for a lovely character! I won't hold it against her for being Gryffindor, I promise. :r xD I'm kidding, but you can lurk the official announcement here.

Graphics Competition: Conclusion
After some time, the graphics competition comes to a close! A big hang goes to Liam and Mia's combined entry for winning the most votes! Nick's entry was not too far behind, with it lacking two votes of a tie. We will be seeing them soon in our avatar gallery! ^_^ So thank you for your creativity and artwork, guys!

Applications: Slowing Down
They are being processed, so those that have applications waiting, please bear with the Administrators right now. There is sorting taking place, and not only that, the holidays are upon us as well. They are getting processed, but the waiting time might be a bit longer. So don't you kids worry about a thing!
[ul][li]Getting Closer
After first bumping into Tybalt, Kate has taken it upon herself to see if there is a real like between Stefan and Tybalt. In her letters to Stefan she asks for anything that could help her figure out if the two are related. After rooting around his house Stefan sends her a picture of his parents when they are younger. Kate arranges to meet Tybalt to see if he recognizes Stefan's parents.
[li]Union of Eternal Love
After an extended engagement, Landon and Lucy finally decide it's time to tie the knot once and for all. The whole family come to watch as their heartwarming love story hits the very peak of adorkableness.
[/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Classes!
[li]New Shopkeepers and Professors
[li]Christmas!
[li]New Year!
[li]Amazing plots!
<LI>[li]Nick singing? :r Haha I kid. Really: Updates coming back![/li][/ul]Questions? Comments? Wishes for the new year? Or resolutions we know we won't do, post them here!

~ Kaitlyn
(On behalf of HNZ Site Staff)

Great update. congratulations to everyone who got promoted and everyone who graduated.
have a merry christmas

Awesome updates Kaitlyn! \
Lots of cool stuff going on!

Great update I agree Nick must sing now!

Wait something was forgotten!
:santa:
tumblr_inline_mffaxo8Vux1qkq3qm.jpg

Much better now xD
Hehe good job sweets!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back