Good evening, good evening. Welcome to the bi-weekly update. If you are like me and have been busy the last couple of weeks over the easter break, here is your one-stop catch-up. If you used the time off to catch up on HNZ, here is a summary of what happened.

Week Six
Can you believe it, it's week six. Soon it will be study break and exams (other than the lucky ducks in fifth and seventh years who get the semester off, at least until the long necked turtle of next semester comes around to grab them). so it is time to swat down and catch up on all those classes that you have procrastinated to put your house first. As of right now, Gryffindor has a top position. but will they be able to hold onto it until the end of the semester?
Reminder to professors. if you are struggling with posting or marking, now is a good time to reach out to site staff so we can give you a hand.

Halloween
The feast may be over, and the decorations may be bundled up in some professor's office, or maybe the house elves have a secret hiding place. But the fun isn't quite over. It is my honour to announce the costume contest winners.
Best Overall - Rosie Archer as a Sunset. 🌄
Best Magically Enhanced - Ngawaiata Martin as a Ghost 👻
Most Scary - Marley Owens-Lee as a Possessed Doll 🎎
Best Group/Couple - Anisha and Raafe Khatri as Princess Peach and Rainbow Road 👸 🌈
Most Ridiculous - Naveen Khatri as a Teabag 🫖
Most Traditional Halloween - Valerius Bianchi as Venetian Masquerader 🎭
congratulations to the winners. your points have been awarded.

Meetings
There is a bit going on around the school, so here is the extracurricular fortnight round-up. Some have been up for a while, but here is the compilation all in one space. If I have missed anything, let me know.
Club leaders, a reminder that we are careening towards the end of the semester, so if you want a meeting, there isn't much time left.
Formal(ish) meetings
  • Professors and staff meeting: here
  • prefects meeting: here
Clubs
  • CAC: Trying something new
  • Accio: Remember submissions are due early next semester.
  • HM: Members have been busy preparing the next newsletter. Members, please keep an eye on the area and note the submission date
House meetings

Spotlight
This month, we are shining the spotlight on Verity's Character, Teddy Pirrip. A well-deserved selection and a fun character. You can find the full announcement and congratulate Verity here.

Eggs and rabbits and easter hunters
It seemed that over Easter, we had a visit from Easter Bilby, and so began the great HNZ Easter hunt.
Thank you, and congratulations to Verity for her effort in collecting the Easter eggs. Thank you to our runners-up, Kris and Mia. A shout-out and thank you to Marijke and Ghost for their help with the event

Accio
I touched on it before, but here is your official reminder that the images are due early next semester. Get them in now before it is a last-minute image scramble

• A Coffee for a Badge?: June is visiting Angel with an present, to flatter him and making sure she shows her interest in an prefect badge. Working on building up an good relationship with her head of house. Two people who aren't afraid to show how glad they are with themselves connect.

• Exams
  • Yule Ball
  • Holiday Break
  • Birthday Celebrations
  • Lots of Plot Highlights

Thank you for joining me on this rollercoaster of a BWU. Sorry for all the spiralling through the topics.
Stay safe, stay warm, stay hydrated. And for anyone who is celebrating in the coming days, Happy Eid

Mia :mia:
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks for posting, Mia.

Archived

It's time for some new news, so we're archiving this to get it out of the way.

Please make sure to check out the news and updates section for the most up to date site news. If you have any questions about this piece of news, please reach out to an administrator.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back