Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Alexis was finally settled on the farthest bed that she requested after being told to stop playing for Ravenclaw. That was because she was hit thrice by bludgers. The game was never that intense before and Alexis never minded being pressured into getting chased by those hard headed balls. However, this time, the fifth year was distracted and Quidditch normally helped her focus. How could she focus when the source of her distraction was also playing for the team? Quidditch was supposed to be their thing and with the two of them not in good terms, Alexis started doing her part of avoiding the boy, amidst her wanting to get things better between them. Joshua was avoiding her and she did not even think he would play that day.

Alexis snuggled her head into the pillow as she grimaced at the soreness she felt on her arm and leg. The pain intensified after she arrived at the hospital wing. She had taken aspirin for the pain but all she wanted was to rest. She closed her eyes trying to sleep through but her mind was on the game and her ears were straining to hear the match or cheers.

It finally came to an end, Slytherin had defeated them. It didn't register quickly enough when it happened, it took the cheers and crowding of Slytherins students around their players for him to get they had lost the match. Honestly, he was silently happy that it was over. The game had gone for long enough and they've lost a lot of players to the hospital wing. Joshua took his time to change into his regular clothes and send the borrowed broomstick back to the school's shed. Joshua decided on his way up to the towers that he would visit the others and Alexis.

He reached the entrance of the wing and quietly greeted the others as they were resting. He didn't have the guts to tell them that they've lost the game. However, if they can hear all the noise and celebration from outside then they were already informed. Joshua stepped over to Alexis' bed, seeing that her eyes were closed. He didn't know if he should disturb her from sleeping or come back later. He sighs, sitting down a cushioned chair that was station beside her bed. He closed his eyes for a bit, he was tired too.

Alexis faintly heard the cheers from the pitch. She had also been awakened by the sounds of players being sent after her. Her heart sank when she saw that they were her teammates. With the cheers, she knew they lost. She could not do about it but to be happy for Slytherin. After all, both houses shared their fair number of injured players. She wanted to get up and see how they were doing but she was still exhausted from the hit she had received. Shortly, when the cheers died down, she relaxed again and drifted to sleep. It was not long in slumber when she felt presence beside her. She waited to feel if it would go away, maybe the nurse or somebody else. It still lingered. She opened her eyes to see Joshua, already in his regular clothes, with eyes closed. Smiling softly, she reached for his hand all the while whispering his name. "Josh...", sounding relieved to see her best friend visit her.

Joshua opened his eyes, feeling a gentle touch and his name being called out. "Hey...," Joshua sat up more alert, shaking away his exhaustion. He stretched out his arms and legs for extra measure, getting the kinks out of his muscles. "H-how...," he started off to stay and stopped hearing himself stutter. Joshua took a minute to compose himself well and tried again. "How are you feeling? I suppose I don't have to tell you that we lost," Joshua slips that in quietly so the others wouldn't hear. He positive they were aware of the outcome of the match, but, just in case. The brown-eyed boy gaze fell down to his fingers, he didn't know what to say to his best friend. He wanted to tell her that he was sorry for the way that he behaved and all, it would be a start and the right thing to do. He wasn't too sure if this was the right time or the fact he was here to check up on her would be sufficient enough. Joshua waited, the timing was everything. He was slightly obsessed with timing and when it was appropriate to say something.

Alexis smiled at his gentle voice. To hear her best friend's voice and felt his presence was more than what she could ask for that time. Sure, she was hoping Xavier would be there but she did not want to worry the Hufflepuff. Besides, the hand she was holding right now belong to her best friend, so it was a win-win for her. She wanted to chuckle at his stutter but proud to see him control it. She nodded at the sad news of their defeat, "I heard. I'm feeling better now. Just sore from the bruises.", she replied, trying to sit up but failed as she winced from the pain. Her right arm could not hold her weight yet and it hurt when she tried to move it, hence, she failed to sit upright. "I'm happy...", she started, all the while struggling to get up from the bed."I'm happy that you came, you know.", she finished, looking at him with a soft smile.

Joshua squeezed the hand she held gently, it was a comforting squeeze. The one his little sister or tia would give him when his head was out of sorts. Joshua always found solace with them and Alexis, now it was the time he returns that gesture. "Please, relax Alexis," he tells her, worried that if she moved anymore she would amplify and worsen the pain. He didn't want to be the cause of her pain, never. Physical or emotional. Joshua smiles back warily, she gives him too much credit. He should've talked to her before this happened. It shouldn't have come down to quidditch injuries for him to show that he still very much cared and cherish their friendship. But what can he say? Joshua nodded with his head bowed, "Yeah, me too," lowly he spoke.

Alexis sighed as she let herself rest against the pillow. Looking at Joshua, she could see the worry on his face. She knew that they were both thinking about what happened to them after the last match. The injuries she had were nothing compared to the pain of not being with her best friend. Squeezing his hand, she smiled at his response. "I just... I just thought that you would not come, you know. Well, at least not for me. After what happened.", she said in a soft voice. She became teary-eyed again just remembering it.

As soon as Xavier saw how many times Alexis had been hit by those bludgers, he had been horrified. He knew Quidditch was a dangerous sport, which was why he didn’t join in the first place, well that and he didn’t really like the idea. He wasn’t sporty enough to risk injuries like these. It had been a tough game for sure. When the game was over, Xavier hurried to the hospital wing, wanting more than anything for his girlfriend to be okay. A sight when he entered however made him stop in his tracks.

Someone seemed to have gotten to her first. Xavier didn’t know much about this boy, in fact he was confused because he thought Alexis wasn’t speaking to him anymore. But now a slight jealousy emerged and in the back of his mind a tiny voice warned him that maybe there was more to that friendship than he realised or cared to admit. She wouldn’t betray him like that, would she? They couldn’t possibly be more than just friends, right? The puff slowly walked over to the pair, and tried to ignore the hand holding. He didn’t even look at his girlfriend’s supposed best friend. "Hey Alexis. Those were some nasty hits you took there. You okay?" he asked, an edge in his voice. He tried to sound much gentler like he usually did.

She couldn't be more wrong, he would always try to come even when his head was plagued with doubts. Like right now, with very little to say, he just hopes his presence there was sufficient enough until he finds the right words to say to make things okay again. Joshua shook his head and squeezed her dainty hand once more. He needed to say something, anything to correct his wrong. He needed to say anything to make it right again. Luck wasn't entirely on his side as he ran out of time and was interrupted by Xavier. Joshua released her hand, peering up at the boy from where he sat. Joshua felt his muscles tense up and ride up to his back, he had no qualms with Xavier but he did antagonize their relationship after their last match. "I should go...Alexis," Joshua turn back to his frail best friend. He didn't want to leave just yet without fixing this, but, this unwelcome vibe manifests the moment Xavier stepped a foot in the wing. Either he left or something might disrupt the peace. He needed to put a check on his emotions and be more reasonable about his actions.

Alexis could not erase the smile on her face despite the pain she was in. Although she was already on the mend, she was still sore from the hits. Looking at Josh, he seemed to be struggling for words, however, a movement from the direction made her look toward it. The figure approaching her bed made the Ravenclaw smile brighter. Unconsciously, she let go of Joshua's hand and reached out for Xavier's, giving it a squeeze as a way of reassurance. "Hey, love.", she greeted softly, a slight sign of tiredness in her voice. "Sorry, you have to see that. I'll live.", she jokingly answered. She knew that her boyfriend was worried whenever she had a match. She turned back to Joshua when he said that he would go. "Do you have to?", she asked, sounding worried. They weren't able to discuss what happened between yet and for her, there was no problem with Xav and Josh being in the same room.

Xavier almost felt bad that he didn’t even greet Joshua, after all, he wasn’t usually cold and impolite, rather the opposite, but for some reason he just felt slightly jealous of the tight relationship between his girlfriend and her best friend. Of course, rationally, deep down he was aware that Joshua knew Alexis first but that did not stop Xavier from wishing for a split second that he was her best friend and boyfriend all at once. The hufflepuff forced himself not to say anything rude and instead smiled softly at his girlfriend, chuckling at her words. "I know you will, you’re strong," he said with a wink. Joshua seemed to have taken a hint as he was about to leave, but then he heard the worry in A’s voice and he couldn’t possibly be the downer of the group, he didn’t want to be seen as the bad guy. He sighed inwardly. "Oh, um, actually, you should stay a bit longer. I think Alexis might need us both here right now," he said to Joshua, maybe he could get to know him a little and judge less harshly.

Joshua declined to stay longer, "Actually, I'm tired...really tired," Joshua stood up from his chair. He would speak to his best friend again when she was out of the hospital wing and in the comfort of the towers. Joshua wanted to apologize and make this right again without a set of extra ears around. And, Xavier came off a little disingenuous to him or he was overthinking it. Joshua nods a quick thanks to Xavier and wished them both a goodnight. "Take it easy and I'll see you back in the common room," he offered a wary smile to Alexis then made a quick exit from the hospital wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back