Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Tomas 🦁
Wand
11' Mayhaw Wood with Core of Wampus Cat Hair
Wendy felt all Hollywood-ish glam with the new dress her grandmother sent her way along with tips and tricks on how she should wear the dress. She would’ve worn her hair up in a stylish bun, but Tracy Bell recommended Wendy wore her hair down in waves and curls. Wendy assumed her grandmother thought her granddaughter had access to a hair salon or dresser. Wendy did the best her mayhaw wand could do for her and did the rest by hand. When she was Yule Ball ready, Wendy went downstairs following the music playing in the air. Wendy appears by the entrance looking in, this was her second of third Yule Ball? The muggleborn can’t quite remember, the years have been spinning faster than she could blink. Wendy grabs parts of her dress and wanders in to join the festivities.

It was odd knowing that this would be his last ever Yule Ball at the castle but Tomas was also glad that it was. He had never really gotten over his homesickness, and being back at the New Zealand branch did nothing to lessen that. Still, that did not mean that he should stay behind in the common room while everyone else was down in the great hall having the time of their lives. Dressed in a suit and a tie, the seventh year made his way down to the great hall, hoping that he would come across a familiar face with whom he could spend the evening together. Leaving the school for two years didn't do his friendships any good, which ultimately left him all alone at the school - funnily enough, he did not even mind being alone that much with the NEWTs coming up and professors already nagging about how important these were. Once Tomas arrived he almost immediately went for one of the three food tables. Ever the clumsy kid that he was, however, he managed to trip over his own feet and bump into someone unknown to the boy.

In all the excitement rush to get to the fun, Wendy found herself innocently bumping into a tall, lanky boy with the wildest, tamest curls she ever did see. “Whoops,” Wendy says with a humble laugh. “My bad, I was either going for the dance floor or get something to snack on. Whichever call to my attention first,” the Hufflepuff smiles up at the teen. Was it weird that she was explaining herself as if she owed it to him? Wendy didn’t think so, especially in a crowded hall. Someone was rushing to get to somewhere, they weren’t the only ones. Wendy took a better look at the teen, beyond the wild curls that veiled parts of his face. “Hey, you were on the Gyrffindor’s quidditch team once, right? You were the seeker if I’m not mistaken,” Wendy faintly remembers seeing him out on the pitch practicing or playing a game. She wasn’t so sure, it might have been him. "I'm Wendy, I play as an alternative for the past couple of years for Hufflepuff."

He was about ready to apologise to the girl for bumping into her when she did it for him. Momentarily confused because Tomas was pretty sure that he should be the one saying sorry, the boy smiled at what she said, agreeing with her that it must have been difficult as both were equally as fun. ''I hope that I did not ruin your dress or anything?'' he asked while giving her a once-over. She looked rather nice so it would be a shame if he ruined anything just because he couldn't avoid tripping over his own feet. ''I was a couple of years ago, yeah,'' the Gryffindor replied, finding it funny that she still remembered. His Quidditch career at the castle ended quite abruptly when he left to be educated at the other Hogwarts. He had played in two games during his time as Seeker for the Gryffindor team, in which he managed to catch the tiny golden ball and secure a win for the team and spend a night in the hospital wing for being hit with those pesky bludgers three times. He still hadn't spoken much to the team once he returned to the castle, with the exception being Syrus but he had graduated last year. He was simply too embarrassed and filled with guilt to talk to any of them. ''That's awesome, do you like the position?'' he didn't but then again no one would after being hit with bludgers. ''Oh, and I am Tomas,'' the boy added with a smile, extending his hand out to her.

Wendy waves her hand dismissing him, “No, you’re all good. Though, I should be more careful. My grandmother sent me this exquisite dress. One little wave of my wand and it’ll be brand new again if something were to happen. Right,” She checks herself once over. Everything was in place, except for a few loose curls getting in the way of her enjoying the wintery scenery around them. Wendy gently pushed back on them to set them behind one of her ears. “Ha, I was right,” the Hufflepuff gave herself kudos for actually remembering. It was kinda hard to forget when you’re always benched watching the games and waiting for your chance to come before they call you in to play. She had enough of the bench and for once would like to be officially on the team like her old friends. “I’ll like it when I get to actually play, did you see how fast that first game ended? It was so fast, and it was my first time getting out there,” Wendy sighs, she still holding onto hope that she’ll get to play a game. “Tomas,” Wendy shook his hand, repeating his name with a friendly smile on her face. “Are you waiting for someone? If not, would you like to hang out?” Wendy asked in her effort to make a new friend and possible dance partner if he agreed.

Tomas was relieved to hear that everything was still fine and that nothing had been ruined by his clumsiness. He wouldn't have known what to do otherwise so was equally as relieved to hear that she knew a spell that would fix any damages - he probably would have known the same spell if he ever paid attention in his classes. He chuckled at her reaction to guessing that he had been Seeker for the Gryffindor Quidditch team correctly and thought that it was rather silly that she was happy about it. He couldn't remember if he had ever seen her out there but as it had been three years ago since he last saw or participated in a match... Of course, the Gryffindor did see her fly during the match against Ravenclaw not too long ago, but April had caught the snitch before the match could actually unfold. ''It was crazy how fast April managed to snatch it out of the air,'' Tomas replied, clearly still rather impressed by it. ''I'm sure you'll have another go though!'' With the season just having started, who knows what might happen throughout the year. He smiled back at Wendy when they shook hands. ''I'm not. I was actually going to eat my way through the night and then head back upstairs,'' the boy answered, laughing softly at his own remark. ''So yes, I would like to hang out for a bit,'' he added. He did not expect to find someone to hang out with so was more than happy to spend the evening with Wendy.

Wendy nods, “I know right,” Wendy agrees with his comment on April. “I was like, can a girl play?! No, she did good,” Wendy laughs, overall she was happy to see Hufflepuff take a win. It’s been tough seeing them lose every year from the wooden surface that she sat on and cheered them on. “She threw a party right after, it was fun to celebrate something else that wasn’t house cup related,” they can go a year without winning the house cup. Seriously, another house needed to step their game up and win the damn thing. “I sure hope so!” She crossing all fingers and toes if it were possible. Wendy wanted to experience playing a game and maybe once she plays this high will go away. Wendy would know what it’s like playing quidditch and she can move onto something else that’s equally as satisfying and less dangerous. “No offense but that sounds whack,” Wendy teased him. “Alright, cool!” Wendy grabs the boy by the arm, pulling him onto the dance floor. “I’ve been dying to dance and you’re stuck with me.”

Her comment confirmed to him that it was Hufflepuff who had been winning the house cup for the past few years, which did not surprise him at all since they were the most hard-working people at the school. ''Don't get your hopes up, though, you haven't played against Gryffindor yet,'' the boy said, grinning slightly as he teased Wendy. He didn't know much of the current team but back when Marisol and Lizzy were captains, they had been playing fairly well. Tomas snorted at Wendy's remark and rolled his eyes playfully. It honestly didn't sound that whack to him. What was not to like about his plan? A little surprised when she grabbed his arm and started pulling him onto the dance floor, the Gryffindor smiled nervously. He wasn't a very good dancer, he was tall and lanky and dancing did nothing to improve his stature - the only dance move he was reasonably good at was the robot for that exact reason. ''If you don't mind being embarrassed, sure,'' the boy replied before moving to the beat awkwardly. He just hoped that no one would be taking pictures of this.

Wendy pokes her tongue out in jest, rolling her brown eyes. “Gryffindor hasn’t been the same since Lizzie left. Also, your seeker can probably use your help. She seems to have a hard time focusing with that thing on her head,” Wendy giggles, resuming their friendly banter. She had nothing against Willow personally, Wendy snapped at her once for something silly at this point. It didn’t matter now, it was history. Wendy drags him out to the dance floor in which they were currently playing a classic. “I love this song! Nonsense, you’ll do great! Just feel the music, feel the beat. It’s mad chill,” Wendy encouraged her lanky, tall partner for the evening. She was tall too, it didn’t stop her dancing as she had the legs and rhythm for it.“Have fun with it!”

Tomas looked affronted by her remark and said, ''I'm sure we'll crush your team into teeny, tiny bits.'' He burrowed his frow at the song that was playing, remembering that his Dad used to listen to this particular artist when he was Tomas' ages. ''Jeez how old is this music?'' Tomas exclaimed, raising his voice because the music was getting louder. Wendy's choice of words was peculiar but he had do admit that the beat of the song was rather chill. If only his dance moves were as chill. Feeling uncomfortable with whatever movement he was doing at the moment, the Gryffindor decided that it was time already for the one dance move he did know, the robot. He didn't think that it was such a good song to do this particular dance move on but he was determined to make it work for the girl's sake.

Wendy held back from laughing, feeling herself grin instead. She likes to portray she wasn’t that competitive, except that would be a lie as she did like basketball. She has been a huge fan of New York’s Knicks since like forever. Nobody gets to say anything bad about the Knicks in front of Wendy. “We’ll see about that!” Wendy shots back, liking this twist in the event. It’s not every day she gets to be all-in-your face about a sport she hardly ever gets to play. So, maybe she should stop arrogantly boasting as if their team had a chance of winning the quidditch title this year. They did have a higher chance than Ravenclaw, that much already is in the bag for them. “What, you don’t like Drake?” Wendy did the old Kiki, do you love me dance. She had to stop to laugh at Tomas, “If this song is old, those dance moves are ancient!” Wendy steps beside him and starts mimicking the robot, becoming stiff as she mainly moves her arms.

Tomas couldn't explain why but his competitive side started to show itself again the moment they started talking about Quidditch. Perhaps the boy still liked it a lot more than he cared to admit. He did not know how old the robot was but Tomas liked to think that he reinvented the dance move by adding his own little twists and turns to it. Well, his Dad did, but without his help it woukd have still been that ancient dance move. Visibly happy when Wendy moved beside him to do the robot together with him, he thought that so far it was all going rather well. He was glad that she didn't force him into dancing like how some of the other students around them did, as he would just feel awkward and uncomfortable doing that. No, instead the Gryffindor's slow and steady movement did the trick. He laughed while watching Wendy mimics a robot and said, "At least these are some killer dance moves." turning his body around to the girl, ticking his arms and torso like they're being controlled by clogs.

Wendy did that for a while, like Tomas she would add her own tricks to the old dance. It was easy for her considering her background in the music industry. There not a dance studio Wendy hadn’t visited that actively was in business in the state of New York. Wendy holds back from going full turbo, she reminded by the scene that this was no dance studio and grandma Tracy Bell wasn’t watching her from the sideline perform. Wendy turns at some point, her legs spread out in the opposite direction. A tear went traveling up one side of her dress causing Wendy to jump quickly on her feet. “Shoot! There goes the dress,” the delicate fabric couldn’t withstand the split. Wendy blushed, nervously laughing down at her wardrobe malfunction. “I think that’s enough dancing for me tonight, my bad Tomas.”

He watched in awe and surprise as she performed the split right there on the dance floor. It was rather daring, even for him, and definitely not something he would imitate doing anytime soon. It was when he heard the ripping of the fabric that he knew that the dancing would most likely come to an end. ''I didn't know robots could do the split?'' the boy said after he made sure that she was fine. A little sad however that they would not be able to resume their dancing, the boy was having fun doing the robot with her, Tomas shook his head in a joking manner. ''I guess we'll have to switch back to the original plan of stuffing ourselves with food and returning to the dormitories then,'' the Gryffindor said with a smirk.

Wendy shook her curls, “Maybe a flexible robot?” She jokes. Wendy was finally having a blast at a school dance and then this happens. She should have known better than to do a split on this very expensive, glamorous dress her grandmother gifted her. “What, you're giving up on me now?” Wendy bends over to tie the split side of the dress together, she’ll try to fix it later with a spell. If she was desperate, she can always ask one of their professors to work their magic. Surely, there was nothing to worry herself over by something that can be quickly fixed with a wave of a wand. “You do have a great idea, let’s get something to eat, come on,” the teen grabs his hand and pulled him over to the snack table. Wendy picked out a cupcake from the spread, going for something safe as she wasn’t too trusting of wizarding desserts. The taste of an earthworm bean haunts her occasionally, she avoids all desserts made by magic as much as possible. Wendy licks the icing off the cupcake, “Are you having a good time?”

He was happy that she decided to go along with his idea to raid the food table for the time being as he was starving for food. Together with Wendy, he walked over to the nearest tables. There was so much to choose from that it almost became impossible to make a decision on with what he would stuff himself full. Upon seeing a bowl filled with toffees, however, the Gryffindor's mind was easily made up. Grabbing a handful of them, the boy began to unwrap the first one and put it into his mouth. ''I do,'' he said, nodding his head while doing so. He was already having a lot more fun than he'd originally thought he would have. ''What about you? Apart from ripping your dress that is.''

Wendy beamed happily, nodding. “I am, thanks for sticking around,” she pokes her elbow out, nudging him playfully while getting icing on her lips. She quickly licked it away, spreading the icing all over the top of the cupcake. “I probably would’ve been so bored if you didn’t agree to stay,” the Hufflepuff tells him, kind of wishing she had done more in her previous years at this school. She was worried about getting her and her grandmother expose all these years and it never happened. MACUSA weren’t lying when they promise to keep her muggle life separate from magic. They kept their word to the fullest. “Thanks for that,” Wendy picks out another cupcake, one swirly icing and gave it to him."Here, a cupcake as a token of my appreciation."

He smiled at Wendy when she nudged him. It was nice to have someone to spend the evening with, he would have gone back up to the dormitory by now with his pockets filled with whatever he wanted if he hadn't bumped into her. ''I'd be cocky about it but it also prevented me from getting bored, so thank you as well,'' the Gryffindor told the girl, taking the cupcake from her and giving her a handful of toffees in return. ''I guess this is my token of appreciation then,'' he added with a grin before taking a bite out of the cupcake she just handed him. ''So are you going back home for the holidays, or are you staying at Hogwarts?''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back