Being myself

Detrick chuckled lightly at Steph's reaction to his tattoos, if he knew people would react to them like this he might have showed them more often, then again who would he show them too? He let her pull his arm closer to him and let it sit on her lap. He wasn't sure why he was acting like this, he never talked to people, let alone girls. And anyone he did talk to he didn't show them his tattoos, they were kept secret , jut between him and the person who did them, and well now Steph.

He felt her finger trace the tattoo on his chest just like she had with the tattoos on his arm. He had that weird sessenion again, he didn't know what it was, it was something he never felt before. It made him feel sick but in a good way. If that was even possible? He felt her hand linger on his chest and her other hand was still on his arm, which for some reason still remained on her lap. He had never had much contact with girls before so all this in one go he felt in over his head.

When she complimented his tattoos again, "Thanks." he said bringing his free hand up to hers. He entwined his fingers in hers and brought both hands to his lap. He felt a small silence as he looked into her eyes. The feeling in the pit of his stomach was growing stronger and stronger and he felt his heart racing. What was wrong with him? Despite feeling like he was going to be sick he felt very at ease, something he never felt around people outside of his family. "You're a strange girl Steph." he said shaking his head, trying to figure out wht it was about her that was making him feel like this.

Steph watched him laugh, and she smiled.

Steph grinned when Detrick thanked her for complimenting his tattoos. She felt his fingers twist with hers, her stomach twisted like it had earlier, it was not uncomfortable, she quite liked the odd sensation.
She let him pull her hand to his lap.
As he looked into her eyes, she felt her heart melt. She couldnt understand why she felt like this, he was a stranger, they had only just met. But there was something, Steph didnt know what it was, but it was something.

[/color
Your're a strange girl Steph.
Steph laughed, "Thanks," She said, a smile on her face. She felt the urge to kiss him, looking down slightly, she was deep in thought, she didnt have a clue what was making her feel like this.
"Detrick.." She almost whispered, Steph didnt know what she planned to say to him, she just felt she should say something..

Detrick lauged as Steph thanked him for calling him strange. He rolled his eyes, he was right with his assumption, she was strange. "You see, most girls don't like being called strange do they?" he asked, he had to be sure. He didn't know girls all that well, OK frankly he didn't know them at all apart from the ones in his family and they definately didn't like to be called strange.

Detrick waited for Steph to say something after she said his name, but nothing. "Steph...." he said placing his finger under her chin and lifted her face up so he could look into her eyes. What was coming over him? He had an overwhelming urge to kiss her? That couldn't be right he had just met her. It would be wrong, but he didn't care he wanted to, no he needed to do it. He pulled her face closer to his, wondering if she would let him kiss her.

Steph laughed, "Im not 'most girls'" She stated simply, it was the truth, she was far from your average 14 year old.

Steph..
When Detrick spoke her name, the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. She smiled softly, letting him lift her face up slightly, Steph stared into Detricks eyes. She slowly moved her face closer to Detricks, her head tilting, her lips slightly parted..

Detrick chuckled, I'm not most girls Detrick couldn't agree more with that statement. He had never met any girl like Steph before, certainly not one that made him feel the way he felt now. Nothing had ever made him feel like this, it was the best feeling in the world in his opinion.

Detrick saw Steph move her face closer to his, he felt a jolt in his stomach, she wanted it too? She must have or she would have pulled away already as the were so close he could feel her breath on him, his nose was filled by her whole scent that send his heart racing, faster than he thought possible. With one last look at her he pulled her that final inch until their lips locked.

Detrick moved his hand away from her chin and creased her cheek with it pulling her all the closer, but it wasn't good enough as he got into the kiss he wanted her more, he was hungry for her. He became aware of his hand which was still sitting on her lap, he moved it up to her waist and pulled her whole body towards him. What had come over him? It was as if her breath was his and without it he would die. How was it possible to feel like this about someone he just met? He didn't care, there was no going back now and he wouldn't have it any other way.

Steph eyes closed as their lips met. She felt him pull her closer, she let him, her body leaning on his as they kissed.

Both her hands were around his neck, pulling herself toward him. His hand on her waist.

She kissed him passionatly, more passionatly than she had kissed anyone else. Steph didnt understand what was happening, she had only just met Detrick, but she was loving every minute of it.

Steph didnt want to stop, but she had to breathe. Slowly she pulled away, planting soft, quick kisses on his lips.
When they had broke apart, she grinned at him. Letting him know that was one of the best things that had happened to her, and that it wasnt over yet.

Detrick felt Steph get into the kiss as she placed her hands around his neck. Detrick felt her breaking moving away and even though he didn't want it too end he knew they more needed air but that didn't stop them giving little kisses. He had never been so happy in his life, he couldn't stop smiling, he never smiled so much in his life.

He felt like he should apologise for being so forward with her but the simple fact of the matter was he wasn't sorry for what he did at all, he had enjoyed it far too much to be sorry for his actions. He smiled at her, despite the silence he felt more comfortable than he ever had. "Bet you didn't expect that when you woke up this morning?" he asked playfully.

Steph watched him, the grin wide on her face.

Bet you didn't expect that when you woke up this morning?[/i]
Steph chuckled, "No, I really didnt." She told him, "But Im glad it happened," She added, reaching up and stroking Detricks face softly, and quickly.

Detrick chuckled along with Steph, "Same here." he said, the smile remaining on his face. He felt Steph stroke his face, he leaned his face into her palm bringing his hand up to hers he entwined his fingers in hers. The feeling he had as she touched him was still there but has eased now but he was still enjoying her touch. He laughed to himself, everything had changed and it was all because of her. "I know I've only known you a few minutes, but I like you Steph." he said, wondering how she was react to this, mabe he had pushed it too far now.

Steph smiled softly as their fingers entwined again. She loved how it felt, she loved how happy she had become in a very short time, and she loved how his fingers fit perfectly with hers.

Steph watched him, it seemed like forever ago she had asked to draw him, the awkwardness of the meeting had gone, everything was perfect.

I know I've only known you a few minutes, but I like you Steph.
Stephs heart skipped a beat, "To be honest, I feel exactly the same. Detrick, I dont know what it is. I dont usually fall for strangers, well I guess your not a stranger anymore. I dont think ive ever felt this way about someone before."

Steph looked down, sqeezing Detricks hand. She wasnt sure what he would say to that, but it was all the truth. Everything. When she had been out with James, she was so young. And when she thought she liked Aiden, she was a mess.

Detrick held his breath as he waited for Steph to say something, anything about what he just said. Sure she had kissed his, pretty passionatly too, but maybe that's all it was for her, just a moment of passion and nothing else. When she began to talk his smile, if at all possible, grew wider. "You do?" he asked happily. "Steph I've never felt like this before, ever! To be perfectly honest you're one of the very few people who talk to me." he admitted, a bit ashamed of the fact that he was a bit of a loner, but if this was what happened to every person he talked too he never would have met Steph and right now he couldn't imagine her not being in his world.

Steph smiled at him, nodding. "Of course,"

Her eyes lit up as he told her he had never felt this way before.
"Detrick, I.." She closed her eyes, taking a deep breathe before opening them again. "Thank you, thank you for making me feel this way.."

Steph was so glad she was here, with Detrick, she was so glad that what just happened, happened. She really needed something to give her hope that she could be happy again. She hadnt exactly had the greatest past, and everything was wrong for her. But by meeting Detrick, it seemed like a weight had been lifted, she was happy. Her smile wasnt fake, like usual. And she felt wanted, like someone actually wanted her.

Detrick felt his heart skip as Steph confirmed that she liked him in return. He couldn't believe how his life had been changed in a matter of minutes by her, by one of the most perfect girls he had ever met. He looked down at her as she began to talk, a small grimance on his face as she stopped. His smile reappeared when she finished her sentence.

"No Steph, thank you. Thank you for giving me the best feeling in the world. Honestly, words can't describe how happy I am right now." he said finding it hard to remain calm as he give her a lasting kiss and pulling in her in for a hug, holding her in his arms, even think felt right.

Steph smiled, she had smiled more in the time she had spent with Detrick than she had in months.
No Steph, thank you. Thank you for giving me the best feeling in the world. Honestly, words can't describe how happy I am right now

Steph kissed him back, trying to show him how happy she was right now. When the kiss ended, she was in his arms, tears filled her eyes, tears of happiness. She didnt bother wiping them, she just wanted to cherish the moment.

As they hugged Detrick had to see her face again, it was one of the most beautiful things, no the most beautiful thing he had even seen, how could he not want to look at it again. When he broke apart from the hug he looked into her eyes to see tears. Did he do something wrong? "Steph are you alright?" he asked with a concerned voice as he moved his hand up to her cheek to whip away a stray tear.

Steph are you alright?
The hug was over, Detrick was now looking at her, concern obvious in his voice. "Im more than alright!" She told him, grinning through the tears, she felt silly now.
"Just shut up and hold me," She grinned, falling back into his arms.

Detrick was clearly confused by Steph saying she was more than alright yet she was crying. When she told him to hold he happily obliged. Holding her in his arms he leaned back against the tree so Steph's head was lying on the nape of his neck, "Strange girl." he said laughing with a roll of his eyes. "And I wouldn't have it any other way." he said kissing the top of head.

Steph closed her eyes, breathing in his scent. She went by what had happened in her mind, smiling to herself.

Strange girl, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Steph opened her eyes as he kissed the top of her head. She reached up, kissing his cheek softly. "Thank you," She said quietly.

Detrick laughed as Steph thanked him for calling her a strange girl. Detrick relaxed as he seated with Steph in his arms. Everything had moved so fast he didn't even have time for it all to register properly. Now that the excitment had died but cooled off slightly he thought back to just a little over an hour ago. He was sitting in the exact same spot, sulking as usual, it seemed it was all he ever did. But from the moment Steph walked into his life everything had changed, for the better.

He replayed everything in his mind, he had hoped he hadn't been too forward, he couldn't imagine his life without Steph now and he had ruined anything by moving so quickly he would never forgive himself. He knew all he wanted was Steph so he sat up again looked at her smiling, as if he had always done it, "Steph," he started off, he wasn't sure if this was a given but he had to be sure, "Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked straight, knowing if he took it slowly he would stutter and he would hate to act like a fool in front of her.

Steph sat, warm in Detricks arms, a happy look on her face.

Steph, will you be my girlfriend?

Steph sat up quickly, looking at Detrick, a grin on her face. "Of course!" She said happily, kissing him softly. She didnt care she had only known him a short time, she didnt care she didnt know everything about him. She was happy, happier than she had been in a while, all because of Detrick.

Detrick bit his lip as Steph sat up and looked at him. Had he pushed his luck? Had he ruined whatever chances he had with Steph? When he saw the grin on her face he returned it and awaited her answer. When she said 'of course' he returned her kiss. It wasn't like their first one, but must more soft but with equal passion. Breaking away, only for a moment he said, "Thank you." he eyes dancing at her sight, and leaned into the kiss again.

"Anytime," Steph said to him, before returning the kiss.

She was so happy, there was something about Detrick that had set alight something inside of her, she wasnt sure what it was. But whatever it was, made her happier than she had ever been.

As their lips moved together, she smiled.

Detrick couldn't stop smiling, even when he was kissing, he was just so happy. He opened his eyes slightly to look down at Steph, she was smiling too. Detrick laughed a bit as he closed his eyes again. Not only had he never been this happy before but he had never smiled as much, laughed as much, enjoyed someones company as much. What was with this girl, that had only been in his life a short time but made it feel like forever.

Pulling away only ever so slightly he looked down at her, "You know we're going to have to go in eventually." Despite how much he wanted to stay here forever he knew it wasn't possible, cerfew was slowly creeping up and they would get into trouble and he didn't want Steph to get into trouble because of him.

Steph felt Detrick smile in their kiss, this made her smile more.

She groaned as Detrick said they would have to go in eventually, "I dont want to go in," She said, it sounded a little childish, "I want to stay here, with you, forever." She almost whispered, leaning her body into his. It was getting dark, and it was colder. She shivered a little, as she spoke. "I dont want to leave you."

Even though they had only met a few hours ago, Steph felt as though if she left his arms, the world would end. The happiness would stop.

Detrick felt Steph shiver as she refused to go in. Shaking his head at her childish way he lifted his jacket that was lying on the ground beside him and put it round her. "You will have me, forever. But I'd prefer if my girlfriend didn't frezze to death in the process." he said rubbing her arms lightly so she wouldn't be so cold, a small smirk as he called her his girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back