Being myself

Detrick Klein

Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Black Laurel Ward 141/2" with an Essence of Basilisk Fang
Detrick walked out of the big oak doors of Drumstrang. He kept his head down so no one would see him, not that it would matter anyway, no one knew him. Under his big fur coat was his journal and a muggle pen, he was getting no privacy inside the castle so he decided to go outside for a change. After walking for a few minutes he decided he was far enough away from the main area of the castle and sat under a random tree.

Taking out his journal he opened up at the last page he had been writing in. After reading over what he had wrote he brought his pen to his lips and wondered what he should write next. "Stupid people made me loose my train of thought." he muttered to himself. Humming the tune he had made so far to accompany the words in front of him he started to write.

Steph had been wandering the grounds with her sketch pad, even though it was so cold out here nothing could stop her drawing. She pulled her hood up as she got further away from the castle.

As Steph neared her destination, a tree that she had been coming to ever since she transferred, she saw an older boy sitting under it. When she got close enough, she saw he was quite good looking.
"Urm, Hey." She said, when she was standing over him. She sat next to him, "You dont mind if I draw you?" She asked, pulling a pencil out of her pocket. Opening her sketch pad.

Detrick continued to write in his journal tapping the book with his pen to the beat he imagined his song would suit. He was still undecided about it yet but he was invisioning a slow rock song, one of his fortes.

He heard a voice over him. Was someone talking to him? He turned his head to see a younger girl sitting down beside him. He turned rigid, someone was talking to him, this never happened before. "Hi." he said quietly.

He turned his head again and brought his attention to his journal trying to get back into his train of thought. What did she just ask? he thought to himself at the girls words. "Wh...why do you want to draw me?" he asked completely confused.

Steph smiled at the boy, he seemed shy, like he never spoke to people.
"Im Steph," She introduced herself.

Wh...why do you want to draw me?

"I dont know, you just seem.." Steph stopped, looking at him, "I dont know, It just came out." She admitted, she really did want to draw him, but if he felt uncomfortable with it, she wouldnt.

"Detrick." he replied with a lopsided smile, he didn't know how to act around people, for the most part, especially girls. The only girls he could talk to were ones in his family.

He listened to Steph talk, he let out a light chuckle as she seemed a bit lost for words, rolling his eyes he let them drop back down to his journal. "Sure. Go for it." he said with a smile.

Steph smiled, "Nice to meet you Detrick." Her eyes dropping to the empty page in her lap.

The sound of Detrick laughing slightly made Steph smile,

Sure. Go for it.
Steph grinned, she put her pencil to the sketchpad, and started to draw him, she pulled out various pencils for shading, her eyes darting back and forth, from the page, to his face.

As she work, she spoke, "What year are you in?" She asked, studying his hair.

Detrick nodded his head lightly, "Likewise." He said with a cocky smile. Well it was, it nice to meet anyone for that matter, he didn't even know anyone is his year.

Detrick felt Stephy's eyes on him, it was a strange feeling, that someone was studying him, it was unnerving, he wasn't able to concentrate on his song. He was glad, for once, that someone was talking to him when he was working on his song, his brain was fried recently. "Um, I'm in fifth year. What year are you in Steph?" he asked with a smile, closing over his journal.

Steph tilted her head to the right a little, looking up at Detrick, then adding a little detail to her drawing. Smiling softly.

Um, I'm in fifth year. What year are you in Steph?
"Im a third year," She replied, looking up quickly so her hood fell down and her bright orange hair fell to her shoulders. She smiled at Detrick, before looking back at her drawing again.

Detrick nodded his head lightly, she looked young, but not young enough to be a third year. For a moment he thought she might have been a fourth year in which case she would know his sister. She was much more popular than he was, he wouldn't be surprised if they knew each other anyway.

Detrick tried to get a look as Stephs notepad to see if he could catch a glimpse of what she was drawing but his eyes were distracted by a sudden flash of color. Looking up he saw Stephs hair was bright orange, "Wow. Interesting umm..choice of hair color." he said looking at it, impressed.

Steph was now drawing Detricks shirt, she decided not to add too much detail. She ran her hand through her hair as he said:

Wow. Interesting umm..choice of hair color
She smiled, looking up at Detrick, "Urm yeah. I think it makes me different." She explained, looking down at her work again. "I like it,"

[color=#00]Detrick nodded in agreement, "It definately makes you look different." he said with a small laugh. "I..in a good way." he added quickly, mentally slapping himself. They was a reason he never talked to people, espcially girls.

It is very nice. I normally go pure black myself, but sometimes I'd put the odd blue dye in there too." he said with a small laugh, not sure why he just told a complete stranger that he dyed his hair, then again the same stranger was drawing him, so he figured it couldn't be all that bad.

Steph grinned, she liked being called different.

She stopped drawing, and looked at Detrick, really looked at him. She stared at his face, and then looked into his eyes, looking for detail to add to her almost finished drawing. When he told her about his hair she smiled, "Its nice, I like your hair." She told him, hoping this wouldnt make him feel uncomfortable, it was the truth, she really did like his hair.

Detrick refrained from lowering his head as he knew he would have to keep it up for Steph to be able to draw him. He found it strange constantly looking at the third year girl, but even stranger, he didn't mind. He chuckled awkwardly at her comment about his hair, he scratched the back of his head and said, "Umm..thanks." no one had even complimented him on his hair before.

He watched Steph as she added details to his picture, her eyes constantly dropping and lifting off the page, sometimes meeting his. And one stage their eyes locked, for quite a bit, Detrick looked into her bright brown eyes, and noticed that she had a few freckles. "You have lovely eyes." he commented before he could stop himself.

POSTING AS STEPH.

Steph smiled, keeping her eyes on her work, she was just finishing off, adding a few shadows here and there.

Her eyes flicked up, with the intention of dropping again, but her eyes locked onto Detricks again.

You have lovely eyes.
Steph grinned, her stomach twisted slightly. "Thank you," She said, blushing as she looked back down. She never blushed, never.

"Almost done," She said, as she added the final piece of detail to his eyes. She looked up, smiling.

Detrick saw Stephs cheeks changing colour, was she blushing? Why was she blusing? Girls were a complete mystery to Detrick, he seriously needed to ask Seraphina some questions, but he found it even more weird talking to his younger sister about girls. "You're welcome?" he said back, not sure if you even reply to things like that.

When she said she was nearly done he asked, "So can I see it yet?" interested in how it turned out.

Steph smiled, "Sure,"

She pushed the sketchbook into Detricks hands, chewing her lip, wondering what he would say. Steph was quite a good drawer, but maybe Detrick had seen better drawings, but it was too late now.

Pete_Wentz_by_pixxels.jpg

Detrick smiled a crooked smile as he took Stephs notepad into his hands. He looked down at the page in awe. It was turely amazing, true he had nothing to compare it too but he was sure that anothers wouldn't be able to compare to it. "Steph, it....it's amazing." he said, still in shock about it. "You are really really talented." he said with a smile.

Steph watched Detrick, anxious to know what he thought.

Steph, it....it's amazing

Steph sighed in relief, "Thank you Detrick," A small grin reached her face, she was so happy he thought it was okay, happier than she should of been when a stranger liked her art.

Detrick give a light scoff, "Well it's true." After one last look at the picture he set it down on his lap. "So Steph, what other talents have you got?" he asked, intrigued to learn more about her.

Steph smiled, pushing her hair out of her face. "Singing, playing the guitar, writing, anything artistic. I wouldnt call them talents, just interests." She explained, she didnt want Detrick to think her big headed, because she wasnt. Steph didnt think she was the best drawer, or the best singer.
"What about you? Tell me about yourself."

Detrick listened to Steph talk about her interests. He may have already been smiling but his smile grew bigger. When she asked him to talk about himself gave a little shrug. "Well...pretty much everything you just said." he replied with an awakward laugh, ruffling the back of his hair. "I mean, I love singing, playing the guitar, writing; but only songs and I'm not artsy, but I do like art."

He said looking round making sure no teachers were about. When he was sure the coast was clear he pulled his left arm out of his coat and pulled up his shirt sleeve revealing a number of tattoos. Very few people knew he had these, and he knew he would be in big trouble at school for having them, so he always made sure they were covered.

Steph smiled, she was really glad they had something in common.
She watched him look around, she did too, wondering what he was looking for. When he had stopped, she watched him slowly pull his sleeve up. Steph gasped quietly, so quietly she was sure he didnt hear.

"Wow," She whispered, taking hold of his arm. Her finger traced each tattoo. She looked up at him, her grin wide. "They are amazing! Have you got anymore?"

So so so sorry, but I was just so tired

Detrick felt Stephs hands take hold of his arm which caused him to get goosebumps at the touch of her hand. He felt her finger trace along his tattoos, it was a strange sensation, one he never had before because no one, no girl, had ever touched him before, besides his mother, he couldn't explain it but he knew it was nice.

He smiled down at Steph as complimented them, "Thanks, they were my design but it was all down to the man who put them there, he does great work." When she asked if he had anymore he nodded lightly and undid the first few buttons of his shirt to show the one he had across his chest.

Steph smiled at him, "They're amazing designs Detrick." She told him, placing his arm on her crossed leg, so she could examine the tattoos.

When he nodded to tell her that he had more she grinned, watching him unbutton his shirt. She reached her hand out, before hesitating slightly, wondering if he would feel uncomfortable if she touched the tattoos on his chest.
Smiling at him, her finger touched his chest, tracing the tattoo like she had on his arm. "These are awesome," She said, her hand still on his chest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back