Beginning to Feel Like Home

Greg would jump at every stinging kiss. They jolted him far more than the prolonged pressure of the now blood-soaked towel and the occasional roughness that he knew was necessary. Every time she kissed one of the claw and bite marks he would shiver in both pleasure and pain, a feeling that confused and thrilled him. He had never met another like Adrianna before, who could do so much harm and yet kept him hanging on.

He could sense her want for him, and she would had to be both blind and stupid to not know that he was feeling the same way. Why was she holding back? Is she still afraid of hurting me? he thought, conflicted. Every time she kissed him he would lean in to deepen it, but she would turn back to her task after a moment.There was nothing more Greg wanted than to immerse himself in the softness of her skin, but he too was holding back, and not just for the pain he still felt. She must be feeling terrible right now, he thought. I can't be selfish at a time like this.

He kissed her lips slowly, prolonging the moment before answering. "I love you, too." Unable to suffer the tension anymore, he leaned in again and kissed her more urgently, telling her what he needed without words. Don't be afraid of hurting me...

Adrianna returned the kiss just as urgently. She wrapped her arms around him, holding him close as she kissed him. Though heated, her movements were still tender. She smiled as she kissed him, grateful that she didn't kill him. For the time being she let those thought be swept from her mind, her thoughts focused on their love.

The Dark Before Dawn
Few hours later

She stirred, after their love making Adrianna had fallen asleep in the water for a short time. She lifted her head, checking on Greg to see if he was healing. The herbs she had picked had definately done the job right. Around his wounds the skin was puckered and pink. She sighed, her thoughts returning to her not being able to control herself. She hoped she would still be able to use her animagus with out that happening again. Greg had said it was best to starve an addiction but Adrianna wasn't sure she could go more than a day with out using her animagus. It had only been a few hours and already she was feeling the itch under her skin.

Greg stirred, rippling the water around him and feeling the heat wash back happily. The herbs had worked wonders on him, and he shrugged his shoulders a few times to loosen the knots in his neck. The relief was total.

He heard her sigh, and the sound evoked an instantaneous reaction of worry in him. He longed to say something to comfort, but there was no denying that she was feeling the effects of the change again. What was he to say to that? Am I meant to watch her suffer as the urge tries to consume her again? A more permanent solution would have to be reached. Avoiding her during the times she spent in leopard form would be pointless; Adrianna used to spend the majority of the day in that form. He might as well stay away from her altogether if he tried that.

Yet suddenly, an idea formed in his mind that was entirely plausible yet so difficult to accomplish that it might not even be worth it. If she couldn't fight the change, Greg was left vulnerable as a human. But if he was no longer human... he put it to the side for now, and floated closer to Adrianna comfortingly. In the meantime, he should take care of her as she was.

"Would 'ye like to get somethin' to eat?" Hopefully other than me, he joked to himself with a smile.

Adrianna looked up with a guilty smile when he asked her if she would like something to eat. That rabbit had not been the only thing she had killed. Two deer and a snake join it in her stomach. She just sweetly tilted her head, swirling her finger on his bare chest. "No thank you love, I've already had my fill." She licked her lips before pushing the satisfying kills out of her mind, refusing to let that itch turn into anything more than a minor irritation.

She stretched out her legs, her slim form a silhouette beneath the steam covered water. She sighed in contentment then leaned over to kiss his cheek. Her skin had started to wrinkle so she decided it was time to get out. Calling a towel to her she wrapped around herself as she rose out of the water and stepped onto the heated stone floor. She held out a large black towel for Gregory. "We can go sit in the kitchen and talk? I haven't had my tea yet." She really wanted something that might relieve the urges she was feeling.

Greg felt the need to bury his head into his hands as she moved about the water. Even now she still gave him strange tingles down his spines after being completely satiated like that. Pink cheeked, he stared up at the ceiling, blushing all the more as she kissed his cheek and feeling her hands on his chest. Eventually he managed to stand and took the towel from her gratefully.

"Tea sounds nice. But the part goblin still has to eat," he smiled at her as he too exited the hot tub. Just to confirm, his stomach growled on cue. Greg realised that he hadn't eaten all day and not since yesterday evening. At this rate he would be losing the weight that he had managed to put back on since his decline a few weeks ago. He moved towards the bedroom to hunt for something suitable to wear since his shirt was a mess. It seemed that he would be going through a lot of clothing while he was with Adrianna. In the end his loose dark pants were fine, but he managed to find a pale blue shirt that he threw on without a second thought.

Moving into the kitchen, off he went to find ingredients for a light stir fry for himself but leaned over the counter to ask Adrianna what tea she would like first.

Adrianna had already started a tea, something to help calm and protect her from her urges. She didn't know if it would help Gregory any, but she knew it couldn't hurt. First she added Catnip, her favorite for its sweet and almost minty taste, to promote Love and happiness. Then she added Henna for Healing, the black tea a sharp contrast to the green tea Catnip. Then she measured out the smallest amount of Black Hellebore, normally a poison, in small amounts it can be used for inner protection. Then she added another green tea, Echinacea, to help strengthen the magic.

It didn't take long for the tea to brew, and when it was finished the air was filled with a cool, sweet, and pungent smell. She poured a small cup for Gregory and herself. Taking a sip she wrinkled her nose at the underlying taste of the Black Hellebore. Recovering she gave him a reasuring smile. "I promise its not too bad. So what is on the menu tonight?" She looked out the window to see the sun rising. "Or morning rather."

"Thanks!" he said, accepting the cup from her gratefully. Somehow the heat was helping the small twinges of pain that he felt every time he moved with the splintered rib. It was only a hairline crack, and Gregory didn't think too much of it for now, thinking it was just the bruise that gave him pain. Cautiously he took a sip so as to not burn his tounge, but he tilted his head to one side at the taste. "Curious," he commented. "But not half bad."

"I was thinking of a stir fry. Strange time to eat one I know, but I'm suddenly in the mood for vegetables." Seeing as they were the only things that hadn't spoiled since the shopping fiasco. They really ought to plan a bit more instead of just falling to the floor and making love. Then again, he wasn't complaining.

Greg ate more vegetables than anything else, although he ate regular chicken and fish. Beef was only occasional, and pork and lamb weren't touched at all. He had never even tried duck or venison. Perhaps it was just his tastes, but there was always an underlying reluctance to eat animal. Now if he was going to do what he was planning on, meat would probably become a larger part of his diet.

Adrianna nodded when he commented on the tea. The catnip had started to give her a giddy sensation, of course it effected her differently than a normal person. She smiled, and in the back of her mind she could feel the beast's tail flicking with pleasure. For now the tea was helping. She curled her hands around the cup and breathed deep, then gazed over at Gregory. "Sounds fine hun."

Truthfully the thought of a stir fry turned her stomach, but she nodded with a happy expression on her face. She kept her tea close at hand. She really abhorred the smell of vegetables, but she loved Greg and was willing to deal with it. She greedy delight she thought back to one of the deer she had eaten, a ten point buck with massive hind quarters. She licked her lips as she thought back to biting into its neck, and quickly jerking, cutting off its life. Then she snapped her attention back to Greg, a look of guilt on her face. She took another sip of her tea.

Adrianna's eyes were far away, and she licked her lips again. Usually Greg knew this either to be a sign of her wanting him, or wanting meat. Seeing as they were about to eat (or at least he was), he sighed and lay his hand on hers. "Why don't you go hunting," he told her softly with a smile. "I'll stay out of your way this time." It probably wasn't healthy for her to be eating meat constantly, nor to give into the urges to change, but truth to be told Greg was a bit wary of her. Even a little frightened. Every time the look came into her eye now, the hair on his arms raised and the adrenaline rushed as though it was preceding an attack. It was probably safer to just let her be for now.

In the meantime, he had turned away to being pulling out all sorts of greens that they had stacked away some time ago in the large fridge. Greg could feel her guilty eyes looking at him, so he looked up and smiled to reassure her. "Go on,"

Adrianna stood up, the beast had heard that, and now there was no way she could deny a change. She quickly moved to him, pulling him close and at the same time slipping her wand into his back pocket. She hugged him tight and kissed him deeply, trying to press as much love as possible into her kiss. Inside that was all she could think. 'Oh how I love this man.' Finally she stepped away and moved for the door.

The breeze was cool against her skin. Hairs raised in anticipation. She crouched down and started the flow of magic, letting it reach each body part before allowing the change to manifest. She felt the fur tear out of her skin, rising to its inch long thickness. Her Bones slipped into their new positions with ease. The change was becoming easier each time. After only a moment it was over.

She rose her head, her eyes seeking prey. She could hear birds flutter in the distance. Slowly she padded further, then looked back to the window. She could see Gregory there. The human inside was happy to see he was inside, but didn't feel like she wanted to kill him. Of course, the beast hadn't tasted blood yet. Turning back to the woods she scanned it quickly then stepped though some nearby bushes, barely making more than a small rustle. After moving a few meters away from the house she caught the scent of a small animal. She followed it aways before going in for the kill. Inching forward she sprung, it was quick, and soon she was feasting on rich, blood filled meat.

Even from inside, Greg's ears picked up the snapping of bones and the little squeak as another creature's life was ended. In response, he only began to slice vegetables more vigorously than before till he nicked his thumb. Scowling, Greg remembered that if he was out there himself it could have been a lot worse. Far from thinking that she would hold back this time, he was certain that the beast was gaining a stronger hold on her. One day the human in her would not be able to reign it in.

He had never heard of such lengths being gone to within the animagus community. To be that immersed, one would have to spend almost every waking moment in their animagus form. How could she have survived like that? What would have happened if he hadn't come along? Furiously dicing a carrot, Gregory piled the mound of vegetables into a large fry pan that he had found and let the vegetables sit for a few minutes.

Nervous, he moved towards the door and looked out to see if he could spot Adrianna in amongst the trees.

After two more kills she tracked back to her mansion. She could still see Gregory cooking. She sat outside, cleaning herself, occasionally looking up to see if she could catch his eye. It took her a long time to clean all the blood off of her muzzle and fur, but once it was she entered the house. Her blood lust was satited, and she was as tame as a house cat.

She lifted her head at Gregory as she stepped into the kitchen, then plopped down in the corner where there were pillows. She had pillows in at least one corner in every room of the mansion. She licked her paws some more, then laid out lazily. For the moment she wanted to stay in her snow leopard form, but she would change back in an instant if he asked her too. Her stomach was full, and she was happy.

Despite the tension in his own blood, Gregory smiled to see how relaxed she was. Like I thought, best to just leave her for now... With one last toss of the pan, the meal was done. Rather than spoon it on to a plate, Greg pulled out a bowl from the cupboard and a fork from the drawer. He made his made over to the lazily stretching leopard and sunk down to lie in her soft fur. Every now and then he would take a bite of chicken or bok choy as they lay together with his curly hair messed into her fur.

Greg leaned up to press a small kiss to her cheek, smelling the blood on her breath. He was undeterred by the scent but relaxed back again. This is how things would be if she remained on her current course. There was a jolt of worry through him as he envisioned a future where she could not change back at all, but forced it from him. If worst comes to worst, I have a solution for that also.

Suddenly he also remembered something else that had happened the day before. "Oh, Adrianna. I forgot to mention that I invited a friend of mine over for dinner this evening. Would 'ye mind if she came over? I'd be cooking, of course."

Adrianna's claws extended, and ripped at the pillow in front of her. Not out of anger, but out of fear. Quickly she activated her change, and painfully made her way back to human. The down side, it was getting harder to change back each time. Soon she was in her human form, with Greg's head laying on her stomach. She turned to look at him. Worry and strain evident on her face. "Who?"

She swallowed hard. She hated when people came to her house. People couldn't be trusted. They lie, steal, and bring problems with them she didn't want. Some humans could even lead to her death, showing her father just where she was hiding. She swallowed again, trying not to think of what would happen if her father found her. She tried to smile, to show Greg she wasn't angry, but a smile just wouldn't come.

Greg's head fell back as she changed swiftly from leopard to human. Almost spilling the leftover stir fry, he fumbled and scrambled up before his head hit the ground. "Whoops." He could tell by her face that this was disturbing news for her. Why was she so frightened of strangers? "Her name is Calixa," he obliged her. "I met her in the market place after I got lost. She's very nice," he added reassuringly, knowing it wouldn't help either which way. All this worrying that he was doing for Adrianna was starting to wear him out.

He wanted to kiss her fears away, but there wasn't much point in the end. When she was in human form it was easier to comfort her, and he drew her into a relaxing hug that was slightly protective as well. Even though Calixa was as much a threat as one of the rabbits that Adrianna had eaten earlier that day, he still felt greatly indebted to Adrianna and very much in love. She would not be harmed while in his care.

Adrianna let out a huge sigh, and snuggled into Greg's arms. She really didn't trust people, and frankly, she didn't trust Greg's judgement in people either. He was so innocent, it was hard to believe if he could see the evil in some people. She wanted him to have friends, just not in her house. Still, she felt safe, and after a moment nodded. She leaned up to look at him, making sure he could see the stern look in her eyes.

She had to lay down the rules. "First off, she is to agree she wont tell any one where we live. I don't want her in any of the wings. Lets limit it to only social areas like the sitting room and the dinning room." She sighed, feeling bad for being so rough on him. "And if I don't like her, she doesn't come back. Okay. I don't like having strangers in my home." She sighed again, she didn't want to hurt Greg or be mad at him. "Next time, tell me before something like this."

Greg widened his blue eyes and nodded mutely. There had to be a deeper reason to her intense mistrust of strangers before she even met them, but sure enough he wasn't game to try and find out why. She seemed so firm about this! Once again, he felt it best to leave this matter alone. At least he wasn't being forced to cancel the dinner.

Adrianna was right in thinking that he was too innocent to believe the worst in people straight off. Perhaps this was mellowed somewhat by the fact that even rude or unpleasant people seemed to soften in Gregory's presence. Adrianna had been stand-offish when he first met her, and he had accidentally ran into Calixa which was how they met. Calixa had been rather grumpy, but warmed up quickly to his apologies, smiles and blushing. He hadn't met many horrid people because most people found it hard to be horrid in his presence.

"I will," he said meekly. Today seemed the day for epiphanies, for he remembered another one of his ideas from before. Since they were a bit more relaxed now, he could run it by her. "Ye know," he began cautiously. "I was thinking it might be a good idea to ... see if I could become an animagus."

A look of shock covered her face, then she smoothed it away into indifference. She hoped he hadn't seen it. She knew it wouldn't be good for Greg to become an animagus. Though deep inside the beast purred, wanting a companion, wanting her true mate. She couldn't help thinking about what it would be like to curl up with an animagus Greg. To sleep in a dark cave with him, after eating and mating. She could feel an ache raise up in her chest.

Immediately she regretted thinking about it. The yearning in her heart would not stop. She wanted it desperately, she didn't want to be alone anymore. She knew, deep in her mind, that something like that would hurt Greg. He was so full of life, human life. She couldn't ask him to take that away. She swallowed hard and shook her head, not allowing herself to speak, for fear she would ask him too.

While Adrianna was thinking about what it would be like to be mating partners, Greg was thinking on an entirely different line. When she was in beast form, she was becoming more and more dangerous to other people and she descended into instinct. If he could become a creature as large and powerful as she was, he would be able to protect himself and anyone else who was in danger.

Yet he too felt the growing need to share more than just her human life. If, just sometimes, he could roam with with her by his side without fear, somehow Greg felt that they would connect on a deeper level. He wouldn't give up his life as a human for anything, but it felt to him like he was missing out on something important.

"I wouldn't be in animagus form as much as you are," he explained to her. "But... I don't want anything to happen to me again like that, and..." He didn't know how to express his need to be with her even as a snow leopard. "It's important to me. I want us to..." said Greg, not knowing how to finish.

"But... I don't want anything to happen to me again like that, and..."

That was all she needed to hear. 'He is doing this out of fear, my dear. He doesn't love you, he is afraid of you, But I'm not my wife. Come back to papa.' She shivered as she heard His voice in the back of her head. That creepy crawl spread over her skin. Her hands clenched and her hard nails dug into the wood floor beneath them. She could feel tears, but pushed them back down.

Quickly she stood up, not wanting to hear anymore. "I'm going to go take a shower." She declared as she left the room. She hadn't bothered to hear the rest of what he had to say, nor did she want to. All she could think about was how much she scared him. 'Enough for him to want to change who he is my dear.' That voice slithered yet again through her mind. She lashed out at a nearby wall, her nails turning into claws and digging deep into the oak. Five large scores were left in her wake, spanning three feet. It was all she could do to keep herself from screaming aloud at the voice.

Then she was gone, stalking out of the room as though something was out to get her. Greg hadn't managed to say those last all important words that would have made the difference between acceptance and rejection. He had felt her shiver at something he had not caused. He had heard her nails bite into the floor, and now the splintering of wood far away in the hall as claws were dragged along the wall. Greg could not contain himself.

It was too much to see her shake in fear like that again!

He didn't leave room for breath, pushing off the wall to sprint down the hallway as Adrianna moved towards the bathroom. In seconds he was in front of her, and his hand flashed out to block her path, slamming into the wall and making the house shake. He could feel his palm bend and snap the oak planks to plunge through, but he didn't move.

"I am not him."
he told her, voice burning like the morning sun that was on his back. Greg was not looking at her but glaring daggers into the carpet. His arm was shaking slightly as he pulled it out of the hole he had created and lowered it slowly to his side.

As soon as his hand slammed into the wall she sunk back. Her right leg went back, heal pointed outwards in a perfect son chin stance. It was second nature for her. When she was with Dragos and his family he had taught her to fight. She adapted quickly. Her hands went out to protect herself. Soon she realized that he wasn't going to attack her, but kept her arms up just in case.

She looked up at him with wary eyes. Fear, hatred, rejection, and love were waring inside of her and for a moment she stayed silent. That voice was coaxing her in the back of her mind, telling her to attack. She hung her head and sighed. The world she spoke were ones she had spoke often, every time she used and slept with a man. They had been words of power for her back then, but now they felt hallow. "Men are all the same."

Greg's anger was already short-lived in normal circumstances, but her next words sucked the wind out of him faster than he had expected. His breathing and stance softened, and he risked coming closer till they were almost chest to chest. "Hear me out," he told her gently as his hand came up to touch her cheek, then her hair. "I am willing to give up my body to make us happy and to stay with you forever... but what I really want is the opportunity to see things through your eyes. To share an experiences with you that I wouldn't have dreamt of otherwise." Greg leaned forward and kissed her forehead tenderly.

"I don't just want to protect myself. I want to protect you. Will you allow me this?"

It tore at him that she had misunderstood him so. The fury was still there but as he had done before, he pushed it into the back of his mind to keep it there. He wasn't angry with her - he was angry with the person who had done this to her. One day he will pay, thought Greg as he was forced to push back the menace once more. But this isn't the time.

Adrianna sighed, letting him step closer, letting him touch her, kiss her. Her heart wanted so badly to believe him. She knew he would need a teacher if he did decide to do this, and she didn't know if she could explain or teach it to him. She whimpered slightly, another cat mannerism. Stepping into his arms she decided to trust him. She held him to her tight, afraid to let go. In a small voice she said, "I don't want you to turn out like me."

She felt like a weak child again, seeking the protection of someone stronger than her. She sighed, tilting her head up to kiss his jaw. She followed it to his lips and gave him a long kiss while she thought about how wonderful it would be for him to be with her in that way. She whimpered again, snuggling against him. What ever he chose, she knew she would stand beside him. She loved him too much to do anything else.

She didn't turn away, and Greg knew that she was listening. His heart gave a pang as she told him that she didn't want him to turn out like her. But you are so beautiful... he thought to himself with an ache deep in his chest. But if that's what she wants... "Then I won't." he promised her with his arms around her in an almost cradle-like fashion. Greg felt weak at the knees when she kissed him, and followed it with a deep kiss of his own.

"Besides," he said after a few more bone-tingling kisses. "I trust you. If I'm losing something in myself, you will bring me back; just like I will with you." He heard her whimper, and drew her closer until they were pressed tightly together, enveloping her in his arms once more. "I love you," he told her, closing his eyes in contentment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back