Beginning to Feel Like Home

Gregory White

The gate creaked open in the cool silence of the afternoon as Greg stepped onto the path. He was heavily laden with shopping but eager to be through the door. Somehow it felt wrong to be out of Adrianna’s presence for so long. He had gotten lost (twice), but the second time he was fortunately rescued by a woman similar to his own age who knew the area. Calixa... thought Gregory, determined to remember her name and to thank her again later on.

Technically he had only met Adrianna four days ago, but the thought of her fulfilling that promise of locking him up in the bedroom for a few days didn’t have him blushing half as much. If anything, he was just as eager to spend more time with her. It was curious; never before had he learned so much about one person in so little an amount of time. He was so open hearted towards her, and he couldn’t hide the open thrill of her touch and how her smile made him flush with pleasure. He really was fortunate. So he reached the door in record time and knocked softly, waiting for an answer and to see her face again.

The scent of air, clean, untouched. Her cave was cool and dark. She stretched her long sueweny muscles, sore from her hunt. Lifting her head she looked toward the mouth of her cave, which was in her very large back yard. A dark pool of water was about a foot away from her, the water cleaned from an underground sea. She stood and walked over to it, taking deep laps of the cold water. As she did so it washed the blood of her most resent kill off her fur.

Lifting her head she cocked her ear. In the distance she could hear the sound of flesh hitting wood. She sprinted for the mansion, choosing to go around front. Soon her heightened sense of smell caught the scent of someone who had become dear to her. 'Gregory.' Her human side smiled behind the fur. She quickened her pace, and stopped just before the front yard. She walked out at a normal pace, her graceful tail trailing out behind her. With her snow leopard eyes each feature of him was more distinct, more handsome. She huffed, an attempt to get his attention.

He had already heard her coming from when her padded feet hits the damp leaves of the undergrowth. He turned and watched her enter the yard in a slow, easy lope that only served to quicken his heart. This moment reminded him vaguely of her approach and transformation when she saved him. Her leopard form had picked him up like a rag doll and pulled him weightlessly into the house without a sign of fatigue. But then, he was much thinner then.

Over time he had put the meat back onto his bones, though still fine figured like the rest of his family. Gregory had been as weak as a day old kitten, but now his strength had returned. This was saying something. His goblin blood, though flowing only thinly through him as he was of average height, had made him much stronger than someone of his thin stance ought to have been. To those who had an eye for it, he also has slightly upturning ears that heard more than normal humans and a keen sense of smell. So he was not at all surprised by Adrianna's approach.

He knelt politely to greet her face on and, with instinctive animal etiquette, reached out a hand for her to sniff. Of course, Greg went red. She's a human, you dolt. Gregory leaned forward and pressed his cheek into her white furry one, which was his way of greeting her affectionately. "Hallo, love." he said softly, placing the bags of shopping down without a sound.

A deep rumble ripped through her, resembling a purr. She pressed her face against him, her damp nose gliding against him as she pulled away. She closed her eyes, something she wouldn't do around any one else, and concentrated her magic. She felt her bones slip, her skin melt, her fur evaporate, and soon she could stand up on her hind legs. He statue grew till her senses dulled, and her skin felt cold.

She stepped forward, slipping her arms around his waist. She nudged her nose below his jaw line, a cat mannerism. She smiled, something that seamed to be happening more and more often. She in-haled, a sweet scent that always seamed to melt her heart. 'Hmmm, what would Darian think if he saw me now?' She thought to herself. She leaned out so she could look him in the face. "Hey, I see you've quiet a load with you." She held out an arm.

"Hm?" replied Greg vaguely. He has been momentarily intoxicated by her affection and was staring with a dreamy look into her hair. Her smell was maddeningly good. Eventually he blinked after a moments silence and turned his head to look at her. "Er, sorry, what was that?" Yep. He was pink.

Eventually, subconscious memory caught up with him and gave him a punch on the nose. "Oh! No, it's all good," he grinned as he hauled the enormous bags over one shoulder. In the same movement he swapped the other bags to that same arm and took Adrianna around the waist cheekily. Without waiting for protest, he hauled her over his shoulder with perfect control and trundled off towards the door in an easy lope. Gregory was stifling his laughter into the bags as he carried her to the door and turned around so she could open it from over his shoulder.

He pressed his lips shut tight, trying not to spoil the joke by collapsing with chuckles and mischief.

Adrianna smiled at his dazed appearance. She placed a kiss on his cheek before he gained his stay. She was surprised that he could lift so much, being that four days ago he was week with fatigue and hunger. It was easy to see that the elements had taken a toll on his body.It warmed her heart that she had been able to help him. In a way he was helping her too. Thawing her heart that had lain dormant through many years of strife.

To her displeasure he also had enough strength to pick her up as well. This marveled her as well as pissed her off. She huffed, her legs automatically folding up to keep her skirt from exposing her lack of clothing beneath. He turned so that she faced the door, rolling her eyes she suppressed a grin and opened the door. Sighing she tried to make her voice light hearted, after all she did enjoy him so much. What harm could a little fun be. "Alright superman. I think I can walk." She added a giggle at the end.

Gregory blushed but smiled as he set her down. "Yeah, I know, most people don't like to be picked up. But everyone's got to be a kid sometimes!" Which was another what of saying that he was the one being the kid. Turning, he realised that he had abandoned the shopping as well as setting her down without realising it. Even as they watched, a trail of yolk had begun to seep out of one bag, and he knew he was in trouble.

"Bugger," said Greg in both a mix of annoyance and sheepishness. To embarrassed to look at her, he simply hauled the bags up again and trundled into the kitchen, still flaming red. "What have 'ye been up to?" he asked to turn her attention from the not-altogether unbroken shopping.

Adrianna smirked. She had to admit he was very kiddish sometimes but is was one of the many things she liked about him. She grimmanced when she saw the egg yoke creep on to her maple floors. She sighed and followed him to the kitchen, not wanting to make things bad for him. She smiled, slipping one arm around his waist. His cheek were bright red and warm when she pressed her lips against them. "I think I'm falling for you Mister nice guy."

She had meant it to sound like a joke but it sounded so sincere. She really did feel like that. Then she blushed, only slightly, but it was still a blush. She turned away to hide it, staying silent.

Gregory smiled as she kissed his cheek so sweetly, and he turned to say something but was stopped in his tracks.

"I think I'm falling for you Mister nice guy."

"I - oh ..." he said, without thinking. That wasn't necessarily true though. He had been thinking. For the first words that jumped to his lips were 'I love you,'. But he couldn't say that, never! At this stage in their relationship, it was really too soon to shock someone by saying the words that he had only ever said to family and a few close friends. Adrianna ... what was she doing to him? In fact, he had even shocked himself more by thinking it so swiftly.

Silently Greg forced himself to relax, stunned by the forwardness in his mind. "Yes," he replied softly and slowly, begging the words he could not say not to slip out. "I feel the same way." He turned her blushing cheeks towards him with the utmost tender move, and kissed her.

But this time, I love you reached his lips without ever uttering a word.

Adrianna felt herself melt into Greg's arms. She sighed against his lips, loving how he made her feel. Deep in her throat she felt a purr start. She really felt like she was starting to fall in love. 'Starting? Hunny your already head over heels.' She thought to herself.Her head started to spin and she leaned against him for support, breaking their kiss so she could lay her head against his chest. She sighed, wrapping her arms around him. "I'm so glad you came to me."

The words slipped out before she could stop them. Her cheeks blushed even more, she could feel the heat all the way to her neck. SHe buried her face against him, inhaling his sweet scent."

Greg's heart was thumping and he bit his lip to quell it. He felt as though he would spontaneously combust if she spoke another word from those heavenly lips. But she told him how glad she was that he came to her, and he could not force it down any longer. His head dropped onto her shoulder and he pressed his lips into her neck, physically stopping himself from speaking. Don't ruin this before it has started.

"Ye're driving me insane," mumbled Greg into her shoulder, lips ghosting over her smooth skin. His English accent became more pronounced in the haze of bliss.

Soon he managed to lift his head to kiss her lips again, just once. "I am going to stay here with you," Greg said. "I am going to take care of you," he voice lowering to almost a whisper. He kissed her once more. "Trust in me."

Adrianna shuddered against the feel of his lips on her skin. Closed her eyes against his kiss. Listened to the words flowing from his mouth. She wanted so badly to believe him. She wanted nothing more to take that leap of faith. She could feel that wall though, the one that had always been there, the one constructed by her father.

' "You are mine, Adrianna. My wife, forever. You will never find love for you belong to me." A hand stroked her long blonde hair. "You will bare me the children you took from me, the day you killed my wife. You are mine, Adrianna. You are mine." '

She shuddered for a moment, her knees growing weak, she broke into tear. "Oh Gregory. I'm so scared He'll come for me. I'm so afraid." She cried harder, she didn't want him to get hurt. She truly did love him.

He felt her tremble, and suddenly he too was afraid. For there was a familiar moment that he had only seen once before in her where the kindness and joy was stripped away to reveal the devastation that the monster had left behind. His heart thumped in terror, though not in fear for himself but for her. She would not let him in.

Gregory's fragile nature had never had him encounter a situation like this. His confidence in his own strength to save her was splintering at the edges, and in a desperate plea to hang on he clasped her to him so that the strength in his arms could encompass her in his heart's absence. He was torn.

But without realising it, Greg had surpassed something just as Adrianna was held back. The need to protect her was greater than the fear of his failure. If it took one more moment, or a hundred years more, he would stay till her fear was gone."Like I said," he responded softly without knowledge of him even speaking the words. "Trust in me. I am stronger than your fear," and his touch became more gentle, his kiss lighter and comforting.

But secretly, in the back of his mind, a terrible anger grew which he suppressed and hid. If he ever saw her father, there would be reckoning.

Adrianna felt her fear lock away when she heard his strength. Her trembling stop and she kissed back softly. Her arms encircled him, draping over his shoulders. She leaned against him more, her kiss becoming more passionate. Her mind was spinning and she felt as giddy as a school girl. She couldn't believe she had really found some one to love. In the back of her mind she could feel His laughter, but she was able to shut it out.

Adrianna pulled away, her eyes alight, her face flushed, and her breath short. "You'll really stay with me? You promise?" She needed so badly to hear it.

"For as long as you need me," he replied, a little abashed at how serious he had become. But his heart was warmed by her passionate kisses. She was alright, for now. It was only now that he realised that he had a more 'pressing' problem to deal with. Greg was more than a little aroused at her ministrations, and if the pink cheeks and kiss-swollen lips hadn't given it away already, his shifting from side to side certainly would.

"The shopping needs to be put away,"
he pointed out, but yet he couldn't figure out which problem to deal with first. The meat would spoil if left out for any longer.

Please don't notice please don't notice please don't notice ...

She leaned back and blinked, as if she were waking from a dream. She didn't even look at the groceries before mumbling an answer. "I guess we should put them away." She could barely hear herself say it, all she could think about was how much she wanted him. Her body felt like it was on fire. She chewed on her lip, looking up at him, wanting to know if he wanted her too.

She leaned up, and kissed him softly on his lips. Her hand ran along his chest, wrapped around his waist, and pulled him closer. She smile against his lips, the animal inside grinning. A purr started again, though it was louder than she would have liked it. Personally, she didn't like her purr, but then it wasn't something she couldn't help. Most men couldn't make her purr anyway. Though Gregory seemed to have no problem. She leaned in more as she kissed him.

Greg let out a huff similar to the one that she had made in snow leopard form. "Stuff the shopping," he decided out loud and took her in his arms passionately. If he had been holding the shopping at the time, he would have dropped it. This situation reminded him of the abandonment when they had first kissed - their first time together. The only difference was that there were hints of reverence and exploration in their movements of before. Both so gentle and yet fired. This time, it was all instinct.

He locked lips with her even as he drew her closer to him. Somehow they had sunk to the floor in the throws of passion, and questing hands slid up her back, underneath her clothes. Gregory was truly intoxicated by this woman. If she had asked him to leap a chasm, wrestle a giant or taunt a hippogryph, he would have.

"I love you," he whispered involuntarily, and there it was. The secret was out.

She felt so caught up in all the sensations he gave her. It was all she good to keep herself from taking him where they stood, or laid. She didn't realize that they were already on the ground. She could get enough of his touch, his scent, his passion. All of it blinded her. IN her ear she heard him whisper and felt her heart swell. She said it back with out hesitation. "I love you too Greg."

She could tell she meant it, not like before when she fained love for her father, or when she toyed with a passing partner. She really did love him, and she wanted him to stay. She locked her lips over his, pulling him close, not caring where they were. She touched and tasted for a moment before pulling away. "Take me to my bedroom?" It came out a question, she wasn't sure if they would make it that far.

"Yes," he answered breathlessly. Oh Merlin, said Greg as he ached with longing. She loves me ... "Thank you," he said out loud, not realising that he had said it. He was thanking her with every fiber of his being, and it was no wonder that the gratitude had reached his lips. She loves me ...
He took her around the waist with the utmost of care and slid her up against his till they were standing. The feel of skin on skin had him shivering, and her took her up into his arms once more. Before they knew it, they were in each others arms and being carried away in the silken sheets in the cool of the evening. This time though, he told her that he loved her again, so that she would never forget how much she was adored.

When day turns to night
Some time later

He had fallen asleep briefly, exhausted from his day out and their rough passion, but now he was fully awake, his eyes roaming her lovely form. Then, with a jolt, he remembered something that stunned him once more. Greg lay back onto the pillows, cheeks pink with revelation.

Adrianna laid silently in the bed, Greg's warm body beside her, and pretended to be asleep. It wasn't so much as she was trying to fool him as she wanted to think. It felt nice, having him beside her, as she looked back on the passion they had shared. She had never experienced something like that before, but come to think of it she had never had any one love her before. 'Love.' She thought to herself and smiled. 'He loves me.'

Unable to keep still any longer she opened her eyes. Lifting up she looked over at him. Even after love making he still looked amazing. Adrianna could only imagine how she looked, her skin flushed and sweaty. She gave him a kiss on the cheek. He throat was soar from their love making so she had to speak softly. "Hey love."

He jumped endearingly as he was shaken out of reverie. It was a most pleasant interruption though, as he felt her soft lips on his cheek. "Sorry, lovely. Zoned out." With gentle hands he drew her on top of him so that she was lying on his chest. Every time they abandoned themselves like this, it seemed that it just got better and better. Adrianna really was driving him insane; she was so beautiful. It made him wonder what he had done to deserve such a goddess.

"You know," he mused as he stroked her hair that fell onto his chest. "I just realised that you were - " Greg paused as he re-thought it, and re-thought it again. "No, I was right. You were basically my first partner. Sort of." Naively, he didn't realise that some men might consider that embarrassing or even shameful, having only two partners before. But Greg's partnering was exclusive and very personal; only those he trusted with his life would share his bed.

That other person didn't count. Their time together had been in a whole new league of different.

Adrianna closed her eyes as he stroked her hair. being in his arms felt so wonderful. It was so calming just to rest and listen to the sound of their breathing. She looked up when he started to talk, his voice itself entrancing her. She felt her leopard inside move, as it often did at the sound of his voice. Just something about him stirred her up, in a good way. She thought it was cute the way he thought about what he was trying to say.

It made her feel bad that she had been his first partner when before him Adrianna had slept with many men. Including Him. She sighed then lifted on eyebrow. "What do you mean basically?"

"Well," Greg blushed a deeper red then he had before. "There was another time with someone else, but that was completely different." His embarrassment meant that it hadn't just been teenage fooling around. In fact, it had only been a month and a half earlier. But in the way that actually counted, he had been a virgin before meeting Adrianna.

"I should really have gotten out more," he told her sheepishly. "But as it is ..." the hand that was stroking her hair fell to her back, tracing the perfect skin above her tail bone that he knew was a sensitive spot. "I need never think about anyone else again,"

I've got you, he said to himself.

Adrianna smiled as he touched her, hitting her sensitive spot causing her to arch her back and giggled. Her skin burst out in goose flesh. She leaned in to kiss him then quickly stood up. "We forgot to put away the groceries." She hit her forehead with palm, she could smell the rotting meat from the bed. She sighed and leapt out of the bed, her form resembling here snow leopard form.

She smiled at him while she slid into her silk robe, leaving it open enough that he could just barely peek at her body. "We better go see the damage."

"Aw bugger," said Greg, exasperated. He lifted his nose into the air and inhaled. By the smell of it, the only meat worth eating was the fish that had been frozen. It had basically been thawing whilst everything else was rotting. "Sorry, carnivore" he chuckled as he looked over to Adrianna. He then wished that he hadn't as he caught a flash of skin and a bit more as she changed. Greg swallowed and looked away, trying not to crawl over and attack her again.

Eventually he found his underwear and trousers, which had somehow found their way stuffed under the mattress. His shirt was a lost cause, and since he had to shower eventually, he left it be.

Together they moved out to the hallway where the abandoned shopping lay forlornly on its side, scattered across the floor. Dairy was entirely out of the question it seemed. As far as Greg could remember, Adrianna had a well stocked meat freezer, so they should still be alright in terms of food. Just to confirm that sentiment, his stomach growled loudly. He gave her a look of amusement before proceeding to clean up the damage done by the egg yolk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back