Begin Again

Faxen Lowart-Kozlova

OOC First Name
Kait
Sexual Orientation
Dymetris ❤
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Boots crunched leaves as Faxen Lowart walked along the cobblestone path away from her shop. It had been a slow day for business and the weather was just too tempting to stay indoors. It was early autumn in New Zealand which was a time Faxen had always found incredible beautiful. The leaves were beginning to change into all sorts of reds, oranges, and yellows. A crispness had appeared in the air though it was not yet freezing outdoors. A chapter of her life had closed only a year ago when she had graduated from Hogwarts New Zealand. While the brunette treasured her time there and the memories she had made, she could not say that she would go back. Faxen had experienced some of her darkest days after losing Dymetris. She had been devastated all winter as she drank heavily to ease the pain, one-night stands and shameless flirting. Faxen could now admit that it was her fault, and she could also admit that it was still a good decision to not marry him. As winter came to a close, she had been able to begin again. She had purchased Quality Quidditch Supplies and spent her days there selling brooms and such. Faxen spent her nights working on her musical career by writing songs or playing shows. The former Gryffindor girl was happy once more. She had friends and people who cared about her who had helped her see that there was more to her life than Dymetris.

Spring and summer had been enjoyable as she spent time with Jeremy and Enzo, both of whom had a key role in helping Faxen along her way back to herself. She would be forever grateful to them both, more than they could possibly know. She had been one bad decision away from ruining her life. The brunette girl smiled as she took a seat overlooking the beach. She knew that this year would be much better than the last. Faxen was optimistic that time would only bring better things with its passing. The aspiring musician sat with her guitar on her lap. She had her notepad next to her as she tried to work on a song she wanted to show her manager next week. Faxen worked on the chord progression. Something had not been sounding just right. She wanted to see if she could fix it before asking Enzo's opinion. He would help her if she needed it.

Sara felt odd. She should be in school right now. Well, she felt like she should. It was so strange, being out here, on her own. She was at home with her family at the moment, but she spent a lot of time elsewhere. She'd apparated here, the streets were beautiful, but it was still warmer here than England hence why she was wearing shorts. She was planning on buying an apartment soon, she had some money. She could afford a nice lifestyle, because of her parents. She wanted to make her own money though, eventually. She still wanted to apply to be an auror, but she knew she wouldn't get in, so she was waiting, to give herself some time to get used to the fact that her future was sealed now. Well, it was sealed in the fact that she wasn't going to be what she wanted. It was soul-destroying. She strolled along the harbour, looking out on the water. She loved water. It was beautiful, with leaves floating on the surface. It was amazing. She enjoyed being like this recently, just alone, calm, not having to thin too much. She was going out a lot recently, she'd started drinking, and found she liked it. It let her forget sometimes, forget about the rut she was in. She couldn't picture a way out.

She spotted a girl down by the water, on a bench, playing guitar. She strolled down toward her, perhaps she was a busker? She fished in her pocket, looking for a few notes, in case she had something out for passers by to throw money in. As she came closer, she stopped fishing. She recongised the girl, and she wasn't a busker. She was almost beside the girl now. As she came to be in front of her, Sara coughed; "Hi, um-I think we went to school together-Faxen right? I'm Sara." she smiled, she knew this girl. Her friend Tara had dated Dymetris Kozlov when they were much younger, and Faxen had dated him more recently. She didn't know if they were still together or what, so she didn't want to broach the topic and make things awkward.

Faxen was frowning as she tried to work out the progression of the chords. It just wasn't perfect yet. She was still frowning when she heard a voice behind her. Faxen turned to see a girl she recognized from school. She was a year younger and in a different house, but she had seen the girl around school even if they had never really had a conversation. The brunette smiled as the girl, Sara, remembered Faxen's name and introduced herself. "Yes, of course! You graduated this year, right?" she said in a friendly voice. She remembered Sara's name right before she spoke it.

Faxen scooted over on the bench, allowing room for Sara to sit down. "Please, sit down." she said. The former Gryffindor really didn't have all that many friends who were girls. "Sorry. I was working on a song." she said as she put the guitar back in its case so that they could talk. "So, any big plans now that you graduated?" Faxen asked. Many seventh years left school with big dreams. Some came true; others did not. Faxen had a year of heartbreak and depression that she was just now getting over. She had spent her year partying and drinking as she tried to move on from her first love though she still couldn't admit that she didn't love him anymore. He didn't plague her every thought anymore, so that was an improvement. However, Faxen had also become the shopkeeper of Quality Quidditch Supplies, and she was working on her first recording contract.

Sara grinned as the older girl recognised her. She had a tendency to prefer the company of older people to younger; excluding children. She'd always adored children. "Yeah, just a few months ago. It feels weird." she admitted, laughing at her own emotion. "I do miss Hogwarts." she smiled, folding her arms across her chest. Faxen hadn't changed a whole lot, otherwise Sara probably wouldn't have recognised her but even a year out, had given her a sort of.... Grow upness. The thought of having that aura about herself both pleased, and terrified Sara. She didn't know how to be an adult.

She took the seat offered to her, her cardigan was hanging open, and she contemplated closing it, but she wasn't particularly cold, so he simply sat. "Are you living around here now?" she asked, it'd be nice, living around the harbour. It was a lovely little place, Sara had always loved the sea. Perhaps she could live here when she was older. "You're a musician? That's so cool, my sister's interested in working in music." The entire family loved music, though Kate was the only one Sara thought would try to make it. "Writing your own music though... that is a talent in itself. How's it going?" she smiled, looking at Faxen's guitar. Sara could play some guitar, but she'd always wished she were better. It was a great instrument. She paused before answering. "I don't know, I think I'll apply to be an auror at some stage, but I don't think I'll get it, I jut don't want to be wondering 'What if?' in ten years time. At the moment, I'm just having fun, going to parties, being a general disgrace to the family and whatnot." she replied, winking as she finished the sentence with a laugh. It was good to be talking to someone familiar, even if she didn't know Faxen very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back