Befriending over Breakfast

Ann de Clare

• witty • genuine • urbane •
OOC First Name
Milan
Wand
Curly 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Laurel Wand with Veela Hair Core
Ann woke up quite early, which she usually did. The entire girls dormitory was still asleep. The night before she and Sarah had decided to have breakfast together. Instead of waking Sarah up so early, she wrote a note which she put on top of Sarah’s trunk. “Good morning sleepyhead, I’ve already gone down to the great hall for breakfast. Meet me at our house table whenever you’ve woken up. I will wait there. -Ann,” the letter read.

Ann dressed into a house sweater and a plain black pants before heading down. When she reached the great hall it was almost completely empty, except for the house elves who were readying the tables for the hundred of students who would hungrily feast upon all the delicious food the kitchen elves had made. She sat herself down somewhere in the middle of her house table.

She poured herself a fresh pumpkin juice with a splash of orange juice in it. Just as she put down the jar an owl came flying in through the highest open window close to the ceiling of the great hall. In it’s paws it held the Daily Prophet. The bird landed right next to her on the wooden bench and dropped the newspaper. Ann gave it a few knuts, which the bird somehow counted and put in his beak, before flying off. She unrolled the newspaper, took a sip from her drink, and started to scan the front page.

Sarah wakes up a little later than normal however there are still girls sleeping in the dormitory. She goes over to her trunk to grab some clothes and sees a note left on it. "Who's Ann?" Memories from yesterday come flooding in and a smile appears on her face. "Right, Ann" This wasnt the first time Sarah forgot something very important. She has the memory of a goldfish.

Sarah grabbed a skirt and a sweater before heading on down into the grand hall. She went over to the Ravenclaw table. But, she couldn't find Ann anywhere! Sarah then noticed a girl put down her newspaper to reveal Ann's face. A huge smile grew on Sarah's face as she ran over to Ann. Sarah then took a seat infront of her, and grabbed a cup on Pumkin juice.

"Hey!" Sarah said startling Ann a little while Sarah grabbed a lot of food. "The food here's great! Don't you think?" Sarah said while she enjoyed her pancakes. "Sorry I'm late by the way. I promise I'm not normally this late. It's just yesterday we were up so long."
Sarah said while scratching the back of her head in embarrassment.

Ann looked up from her newspaper. A big smile appeared on her face. “Good morning,” she said to Sarah. “Had a good night of sleep?” Ann followed Sarah’s lead and also filled her plate with some food. “The food is amazing,” she replied. “But I don’t understand how seventh years who graduate aren’t rolling out of this hall with their diploma’s. The food is way too jummy,” she said while chuckling.

Ann laughed. “
Oh don’t worry. I was peacefully reading, so I didn’t even mind that you were a bit late.” She eyed the rest of the hall, which by now was completely packed with student and professors enjoying their breakfast. “What are your plans for today?” she asked Sarah while Ann took a huge bite from a blueberry muffin.

"Eh, it was okay... I had too much on my mind to be able to sleep properly..." Sarah replied continuing to eat more food. "Well I'm, I don't really have plans... Aside from attending classes of course." Sarah said while examining her old and broken watch. She dropped her knife and fork and started tapping on the watch ''Is it really 9 o'clock? Or is this olld and rusty thing just acting up again?" she asked "Maybe I'll learn a spell today that'll help me fix it." Sarah said shrugging it off. "Anyway! Anything new from my... 1 hour of absence" Sarah asked with a little laugh...

O.O.C
"ps. Sorry for the late reply didn't get the notification ;-;"

Ah, same for me. After class I might go to the library to quickly grab a few books, before heading back to the great hall for lunch,” she said. Ann took the last sip from her pumpkin and orange juice mix and poured herself another glass. She was also sure to grab another blueberry muffin, because they were way too delicious.

Time is flying by. We should be getting to class in an hour, but first I’ll eat a bit more,” Ann said while grinning. “You didn’t really miss anything. I was simply reading my newspaper before you got in. And not much is happening in the world right now,” Ann said. She took another sip from her glass and looked up to the ceiling. At the very moment hundreds of owls cams pouring in with the post. Ann her bird also came flying in and dropped a letter on her plate. Ann gave her owl a small bite from her muffin, before it flew off again. “I always love it when the post arrives,” she said while looking up at Sarah.

Sarah looked up to the hundreds of birds that were flying above her knowing that she won't receive any letter she just looked over at the newspaper Ann had been reading "Do you mind if I borrow this?" Sarah said before taking the newspaper and examining it. She learned so many new terms from the wizarding world and yet there were so many things she still didn't understand. "What's a dementor?" The term itself wasn't on the paper but she heard her parents talk about it before she left.

Yea.. yea.. just grab it,” Ann said mindlessly while her focus was more on the letter than on Sarah. She immediately recognised the handwriting as that of her grandmother. Ann started the open it while looking back up at Sarah. “Awful things, that is what they are,” she began. “These things suck every happy memory out of you, so be sure to stay away from them at whatever cost.

Ann opened the letter and read the pleasantries her grandmother was known for. Whenever she wrote Ann she would always be so formal and elegant, like the woman she was, while face to face her facade would sometimes shatter and the two of them could laugh for hours. But whenever someone entered the room, her grandmother – the grande dame – was ever as formal. Ann was sure to write a reply, which she wanted to let her owl deliver this afternoon.

Sarah looked at Ann's letter then at her smile before looking back at her newspaper... Memories of her family came flooding in and just how much she missed them. But her family however, don't understand the fact that owls can deliver messages. So Sarah won't be receiving any letters...

She gave back the newspaper to Ann,
"Thanks..." And grabbed a raspberry muffin. "Unrelated Question, but do you like Quidditch?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back