Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Édelie was quite stunned that she had been chosen as captain for the next year. She had heard Mualla was busy, but having only been on the team for a year, she wasn't quite sure how her new role would be received. Having made her way down to the pitch, she was surprised to see so many faces, many of which she didn't know. It was her last year at school, and she wanted to make an impact. It might just be through Quidditch.

"Hi everyone! I'm Édelie, this year's captain and one of the chasers," she started, putting on a big smile in attempt to hide her nervousness. "I can't wait to see your skills up in the air today. I just ask that you be safe and respectful of your fellow players." The new captain mounted her broom, hovering over the pitch. "Right. So, say your name and the position or positions you're trying out for. And then show me what you got."

PositionPlayers
SeekerOPEN
Keeper@Aramis Faroe
Beater@Élise Moreau
Beater@Mualla Avar
ChaserÉdelie de la Mora (Captain)
Chaser@Daithi Dawley
Chaser@Gabrielle Perrault
AlternatesOPEN

ooc.png
Out of Character:
Firstly, returning players are guaranteed their current spots as long as they post attendance in this thread before the try-outs are over. If you were an alternate on last year's team, you must try out again.

First years must PM me before posting. First years will only be approved to try-out if there are not enough older students to join the team.

Quidditch is definitely a time commitment, so please consider that before trying out. I'm excited to see the results!

harry potter GIF

Gemma was still annoyed about how quickly their game against Hogwarts had gone. She had finally gotten a chance to play at it was over too quickly. But she was ready to face the new year and try out again. She wasn't about to lose her spot even as an alternate. "I'm Gemma and I'm trying out for beater." she said sweetly when it was time for try outs to begin, feeling a bit silly introducing herself when she had been on the team last year. "Again." she added for good measure before kicking off, bat in hand. She felt comfortable in the air and quickly found a bludger an sent it sailing towards one of her teammates. It was a while before she spotted another one and managed to block it before the bludger could hit someone else. But the shot went wide after she hit it and went off in the direction of nothing, instead of at anyone else. The rest of try outs went by with little excitement. She did her best and felt the familiar ache in her arm by the end of it. Gemma thought she did good job and hoped she get a chance to prove herself again.

Leaning on his broom nonchalantly as Édelie started practice, Aramis was pretty content that she was their new captain. Their game last year had ended pretty abruptly, but Aramis hadn't really felt it had punctured his desire to play at all. He gave Édelie a thumbs up as she directed them to begin, flying up to guard the hoops for awhile. It was a bit harder to relax like he usually did in practice with new faces wanting to try out, but Aramis did his best to field the various score attempts, shaking out his arms warily once try-outs were over.

Amelie was excited for try outs again this year, and had decided to make a play for the seeker. She wasn't expecting to get it, hoping though that she could at least be an alternate. She smiled at the people she knew, smiling brightly at the captain when it was her turn to speak. "My name is Amelie Derouin and I'm actually trying for the position of Seeker today," she announced. She had trained for several positions, but this one seemed to have a slightly better chance of getting her onto the team. She took off in the air with the others, immediately setting to work. Amelie's speed had improved since last year, as had her agility on the broom. She managed to catch the snitch really rather quickly, showing it happily to the captain before releasing it again. By the end of try outs, she'd managed to catch the snitch three more times, and she felt pleased with how she had done. As she set down on the ground again, she knew that no matter what happened she was just glad she'd tried again.

Gaby was excited for another year of quidditch, being able to play again. Even more so because their last game had ended before it had even truly started. She gave Édelie a happy wave when she reached the pitch, quite proud of her friend having been appointed their new captain. She pushed off into the air when tryouts had officially started, hoovering around a bit to see if anyone was trying out for chaser so she could possibly help them by passing around a bit.

Ares had been a little bummed that he didn't make a full position on the team last year, especially after the effort he put in, but nonetheless he would try again. The boy had enjoyed being an alternate, despite that also meaning he didn't get to do much, but it had been good to just sit back and watch the game in the front seat. But he really wanted to be out there himself. He came to the quidditch pitch more determined than ever, hoping that he could have a chance at this. The boy gathered around with the other people that were trying out and listened as the captain gave her usual briefing. They were all then told to line up and say their name and desired position before heading off into the skies, and Ares did so, balling his hands into a fist to stop them from shaking. "My name is Ares Kuya-Tine and I am trying out for chaser." he told the captain. He then gripped his broom tightly and mounted it off into the sky.

Ares made sure to stay alert as the quaffle was passed to him. He raced off as fast as he could towards the left side of the pitch, hoping that he could make it successfully. He managed to dodge a few bludgers on the way, which definitely kept him on his toes. He aimed for the middle hoop this time after tricking the keeper into thinking he was aiming for the left one, and he watched as it went straight through. Tricking people into thinking the quaffle was going in another direction was a skill he had only picked up recently, and it definitely worked every time. The boy then waited for the quaffle to be thrown in his direction again and he did not hesitate in heading for the hoops yet again, just flying as fast as he could towards them. He made a few more shots and dodged a few more bludgers and by the end of it he was really knackered. Ares nodded a thanks to the captain at the end of the tryouts before heading back.

Hugo was nervous and excited about tryouts this year. He had been an alternate for two years now, and now his position was finally free. But after losing the match last time, would they pick him? He hoped so, as he'd been on the team for a long time and had been waiting for this. But what if Édelie just decided he wasn't good enough because Slytherin had won last time? Nevermind that he'd won a match for them too recently against Ilvermorny. Still, he felt a little nervous as he saw another girl go for seeker.

He waited impatiently, and when he could go he stepped forward. "I'm Hugo De Rosier, and I'm going for seeker, again. I played two games for the team last year, if you recall" He said with a grin. He then got on his broom and kicked off into the air. He flew up and searched for the snitch, flying in different directions and dodging bludgers and other players. It took a little while, but eventually he found the snitch and caught it. He grinned. "YES!" He said, holding it up. He then touched down again, grinning. He hoped he'd be on the team again.

Élise had her own spot in the team. She had tried hard for it and she received it last year. It had been great and in the mean time she had bonded with the team and met so many nice people. She loved Quidditch and hoped that they could secure another win. Ilvermorny was easy, the Hogwarts team was way harder. Élise arrived on the pitch and greeted everyone she wished good luck to the new players and rose up in the air. She was going to shoot some bludgers to see if the new players could handle a couple of hits.

Édelie was glad to see most of her teammates return for tryouts and gave a wave to Amelie as she took the sky, rather impressed by her skills. Maybe their impromptu practice session had paid off, or maybe the girl just had natural talent. Some of the students were rather sassy when it came to comebacks, and took notes on her clipboard about their skills in the sky, feeling confident that she could put together a decent team this year. Her hope was that they could beat the Americans and the Kiwis when the time came. As she continued watching the tryouts, she felt her stomach grumble and wished she had brought some snacks.

OOCOut of Character:
Last call for quidditch tryouts! They will close in 24 hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back