Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
cmffy6I.png

É D E L I E M A R I A E L I S A B E T H D E L A M O R A

"There is beauty in being kind."
C H A R A C T E R N A M E

First Name and Meaning: Édelie, English and can mean "having high principles" or "good"
Middle Name and Meaning: Maria Elisabeth, Maria comes from her paternal grandmother and is the Latin form of Mary. It has religious assocations and also means "of the sea." Elisabeth is her maternal grandmother's name and means "God in abundance."
Last Name and Meaning: De la Mora, Spanish for "of the mulberry"

S U R F A C E D E T A I L S

Birthday:
May 23, 2036
Birth Location: Seville, Spain
Nationality/Ethnicity: Spanish and French
Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic
Zodiac Sign: Gemini, "Expressive and quick-witted, Gemini represents two different personalities in one and you will never be sure which one you will face. They are sociable, communicative and ready for fun, with a tendency to suddenly get serious, thoughtful and restless. They are fascinated with the world itself, extremely curious, with a constant feeling that there is not enough time to experience everything they want to see."
Element Sign: Air, "connecting all aspects of the mind, it is ruled by Mercury, the planet that represents communication, writing, and movement. People born under this Sun sign often have a feeling that their other half is missing, so they are forever seeking new friends, mentors, colleagues and people to talk to."
Celtic Tree Symbol: Hawthorn - the Illusionist, "Just like Gemini in western astrology, the Hawthorn from the Celtic tree astrology isn’t all that it appears to be. Their exterior world can be completely different from the inner landscape and they can show a new side to you each day. If you hang out with Hawthorn signs too often, you’ll see that they put the term “never judge a book by its cover” to the test. They have this never-dyingcreative flame, always full of energy and curiosity. This sign from the Celtic horoscope can adapt to any situation and can be both a good listener and give inspiring speeches. A good match for this shapeshifter can be the Ash or Rowan sign."
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual. She came out at thirteen to her family. Her mother's parents have a hard time with it because they are very religious.
Blood Status: Mixed Blood
Nickname: Her grandmother (Nee Nee), calls her button.

A P P E A R A N C E

Play-by: Naya Rivera
Hair: Long, dark brown. It has a natural wave to it, but she keeps it straightened.
Eyes: Large, brown
Skintone: Édelie's spanish hertiage shows in her skin and features. She tends to be more of an olive skin tan and then warmer in the winter months.
Body: Édelie has a naturally slender build, but she does work out to keep her appearance to her liking. She doesn't have much muscle mass and has a slighty curvy figure.
Current Height: 5'6"
Dominant Hand: Right
Distinguishing Features: None
Aesthetic Style: Édelie has a very classic and clean cut fashion style. She likes to keep up with the trends but also doesn't stray to far from what has worked through the decades. She tends to wear heels and dresses when not in robes, favoring tight or 50s flare style. She will wear pants for working out and such, but she doesn't find it to be appropriate every day wear.
Tattoos: None
Piercings: Édelie has her ears pierced and got a belly button piercing the summer before her sixth year of school.
Surgeries: None
Allergies: None known
Pinterest Board:
x

P E R S O N A L I T Y

5 words to describe your character: Gentle, musical, considerate, encouraging, attentive
Best Traits: Édelie is the mom friend for everyone and genuinely cares. She wants people to feel included and doesn't tend to be mean or rude unless it's warranted, usually in defense of someone else.
Worst Traits: Édelie has a hard time standing up for herself as well as saying no. She takes on too much because she's a people pleaser.
Secrets: None
Fears: Édelie is afraid of letting down those around her and not living up to her family's expectations.
Likes: Music, bullet journaling, painting, swings, historical tours
Dislikes: The sound of chairs scraping on the floor, birds
Pet Peeves: People who shush when they want someone to be quiet
Special Skills: She can play three songs on the piano with her hands behind her back.
Hobbies: Advanced piano player, moderate level clarinet and viola skills, scrapbooking, cloud gazing, star tipping
Morning or Night Person: Morning
Favorites:

• Food: Her abuela's tamales
  • Ice Cream Flavor: Pistachio
  • Candy: Skittles
  • Beverage: Iced tea with two lemons
  • Music genre: Classical and golden age musical theatre
  • Book/Magazine: Eat, Pray, Love/Witch Weekly
  • Sport: Quidditch and figure skating
  • Game: Cornhole
  • Movie/TV Show: Grey's Anatomy

M A G I C A L B R E A K D O W N

School:
Beauxbatons, Class of 2054
Wand: Curved 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Wood Information: "A Laurel wand suits one who pursues glory. Though rumoured to be unable to perform a dishonourable action, Laurel wands are formidable foes and expect their owners to never stop in their pursuit of bigger and better things."
Core Information: "The animal is known for its healing qualities and unbridled beauty, so it is no surprise that wands with unicorn hair are particularly successful at performing healing spells. Wands with this core bond with their first caster, making wands with this core not good as hand-me-downs. These wands are useful with charms and transfigurations."
Patronus: Monarch Butterfly
Boggart: -
Mirror of Erised: -
Educational Goals: Édelie hopes to do well in her final classes but specifically wants to succeed in Transfiguration and History of Magic.
Magical Aspirations: Édelie would like to work as a private music teacher for students and potentially be a professor at a wizardry school for something arts or history related.
OWLS:

• Transfiguration - A
  • Charms - E
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts - A
  • Herbology - E
  • Astronomy - A
  • Potions - A
  • History of Magic - O
  • Divination - A
  • Muggle Studies - E
  • Arithmancy - E
H I S T O R Y O V E R V I E W

Édelie is the second daughter of Luis de la Mora and Emilie Labossiere. She, her parents, and her four siblings haved lived in Seville, Spain but currently reside in Nantes, France. She is the fourth of five children and spends a lot of time looking up to her successful siblings. Family is very important in the De la Mora household, and she spends most of her time outside of school on family vacations and watching her many nieces, nephews, and cousins. Luis works for the French Department of Mysteries, and Emilie is an aurologist. They raised their children in a very traditional and religious household but have toned down over the years. They expect all their children to uphold the family name, including being married before having children (which hasn't quite been the case for their family). They split their time between their houses in Spain and France and have recently begun traveling to New Zealand for large group gatherings.

F A M I L Y R E L A T I O N S H I P S

* extended family tree can be found here
CpT7.gif

Name: Luis de la Mora
Relation to Édelie: Father
Birthdate: October 27, 2002
Magical Status: Half-blood
Death Date:
Important Notes: Works for the Department of Mysteries (French). Parents are Diego and Maria de la Mora. Diego is a wizard, and Maria is a muggle. Married in 2022.
tumblr_p7o4ecSWyJ1ttr4rno2_250.gifv

Name: Emilie Labossiere de la Mora
Relation to Édelie: Mother
Birthdate: February 14, 2000
Magical Status: Mixed Blood
Death Date:
Important Notes: Works as an aurologist. French. Related to the Chatelains distantly. Parents are Paul and Elisabeth Labossiere. Married in 2022.
4bdc9a7bd2f84ca7e92550fa4c28ae11.gif

Name: Alexandre Paul de la Mora
Relation to Édelie: Brother
Birthdate: December 25, 2027
Death Date:
Important Notes: Married with 2 children. Works as a court scribe and lives in Spain.
BGca.gif

Name: Hugo de la Mora
Relation to Édelie: Brother
Birthdate: January 13, 2031
Death Date:
Important Notes: Engaged, 1 child, and works as an auror in the UK.
giphy.gif

Name: Amara de la Mora
Relation to Édelie: Sister
Birthdate: May 5, 2034
Death Date:
Important Notes: Owns a magical plant nursery in France where she lives with her boyfriend and identical twin daughters.
giphy.gif

Name: Paula de la Mora
Relation to Édelie: Sister
Birthdate: June 29, 2039
Death Date:
Important Notes: Attend Beauxbatons

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back