OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Mallory
Just in time before the students were not allowed out of the castle anymore, Atkin just got back to the common room from his afternoon run. He went to his dormitory to change into his hoodie and came back down to the common room to lounge by the fireplace. The common room was strangely quiet as students were still in the great hall while others were holed up in the library and student lounge. Not him, he preferred the comfort of his House. Shifting his position, his thoughts wandered to the kiss he shared with Aliviah a few days back. He still could not get it off his mind that his friend actually kissed him back. The Gryffindor was already sure that he was smiling like an idiot already. His eyes were fixated in the vast common room without really focusing on something. This made him not notice that he was not alone in the room anymore.

Aliviah was into studying. Next year would be their OWLs and it was less for them to meet and do fun stuff. When she was struggling for her life a few days back, she thought of her family and schooling. All her work would be trashed. She vowed to keep her grades up and also have fun at the same time with the people she loved. When she thought about love, Atkin came into mind and whenever he came into her mind, she lets out a big sigh. Aliviah thought it was enough of studying for the day and would check out a few books to read when she gets back to her dormitory.

Securing her books with a hug, the Gryffindor girl journey back to her common room. It was surprising that it was quiet, only to stumble upon a very funny looking Atkin. Aliviah furrowed her eyebrows with curiosity. The dark haired girl swept the common room for people and there was none. It was only him and her. "Who are you fantasizing now?" Aliviah asked as she approached and sat on Atkin's stomach. He has endurance to withstand Aliviah's weight, at least that's what she thinks.

A sweet scent followed by a weight on his stomach cut Atkin's air supply. With a groan although he could endure the pressure,he looked up to see the girl he was just thinking of. Aliviah on top of him,asking about who he was fantasizing, made him chuckle. He would give anything just to see her reaction if he told him. Placing his arm aroundher lap,he shifted into a sitting position which caused her to end up on his lap instead of stomach."Hey love.",he was just too happy to be with her that he called her with an endearment. He even added a kiss on her cheek on a whim. It was when he leaned back on the couch that he realized what he just did. "If I say it's you,would you be honored?",he asked teasingly although the truth was already there,hidden somewhere. He was almost sure that should Aliviah placed a hand on his chest,she could feel his heart hammering already both because of the girl's closeness and his question.

The dark haired Gryffindor yelp at what Atkin did next. She wasn't expecting it but at the same time, Aliviah's stomach tingling at the sensation. "Hey, handsome." She made the same comeback. Although, Atkin was getting weird every day. The reason why deep inside, she's always in a furrowed mood with him. But a kiss on the cheek was all it have taken her to freeze. She was silent, still sitting on his lap like she was his girlfriend. Aliviah wasn't deaf though, she could hear the next question Atkin asked her. The Gryffindor was now thinking that this crush or something wasn't one sided after all, or she was hallucinating. Either way, it'll never happen.

Realizing her closeness with her best friend, she stood from his lap quickly and sat opposite him on the coffee table. Aliviah placed her books atop the coffee table beside her. "Bee, you need to find you a girlfriend because fantasizing will only lead to something you'll regret." She gave an advice with a roll of her eyes. She was pushing herself to be martyr but deep inside she would want to jump on him right now and return that kiss. "And no, I'm not going to be honored to be fantasized by my best friend because that's just ... ewwie." Aliviah was almost into tears, her masking it will only make her depressed more. She pursed her lips with a smile, Aliviah was out of a subject matter to change the topic and yet she wanted to know more.

Moving from the coffee table back to the couch with Atkin, although not on his lap, she wanted to play a game to mask her intent questions. "Truth or dare?" Aliviah Waldorf will regret playing this game but she's treading water on this one.

Atkin laughed at Aliviah's reaction. It was so endearing that he could not help but shortly tickle her side. "So, you admit that I am handsome.",he jokingly said. Deep down, he was flattered. He was just Atkin Grayveson. Chase was more popular than him. He observed the girl's face as he noticed her still at the kiss that he placed on his cheek. She found Ali's reactions interesting and it fueled his desire to make advances with her. He started listening to Lucca about confessing to Aliviah. He was about to lean back to kiss her again when the Gryffindor moved away from him. Relaxing on the couch,he placed his hands behind his head as he regarded Aliviah with a deep look. "Hey,come back here.I need my love.", he pleaded dramatically. He watched her place her books on the coffee table. This was one of the many things he admired of her. How she prioritized her studies but still made time for them, her friends.

Taking in Aliviah's questions, Atkin acted horrified. "Hello, no. Who I fantasize was something I will never regret.",he said with conviction. He did not know if this was the adrenaline he still had from the run that made him be bold and says those words. He looked at her when she said those words. He did not know what to think but somehow guessed that she looked rather hurt, or was it his imagination? A look of hurt passed his face when he heard Alivia felt disgusted by the thought of being fantasized by him. But the pursed smile brought hope in his heart. "Why would it be ewwie?", his fingers in the air making quotation marks on the last word,"It's not like I would seduce you. I would shower you with love though.", he added boldly.

Aliviah was back beside him on the couch, although he preferred her on his lap. When Aliviah proposed the game, Atkin smiled. "This will be fun.",a twinkle on his eyes. He leaned his face closer to hers. So close that they would look like they were kissing from afar. "Dare.", a challenge look on his face. He would never back down whatever this girl would throw at him.

Aliviah rolled her eyes at Atkin's dramatic innuendos. Although, her furrowed emotion toward him was slowly revealing on her face when he picked 'Dare' as his challenge. Aliviah wasn't ready for that, she was into the truth, to more about his relationships. But in a vague kind of way. Nevertheless, she smiled sweetly on him while thinking of something for a challenge.

The Gryffindor girl played with her cheeks, filling it with air and deflating it. Until a bold decision to just do it, he won't do it eventually. "Okay, I don't know what you and Lucca are hiding from me but I think it's a girl." Aliviah's round eye narrowed playfully. "I dare you to find that girl and give her a kiss. Oh, but wait, not just a kiss but a passionate one. I'm game if she's in another house we can call for her" She have the dare and all she need to do was sit back and enjoy the game.

Atkin's smile faltered upon hearing Aliviah's dare. He did not have any problem doing it because it was so darn easy. He did not need to search for the girl because she was already in front of him. However,it was too soon for Ali to know. Yes,he planned on telling her today but not this early. He would like to tease her more. If Lucca was here,he would just tell Atkin to kiss another girl but the Gryffindor did not want to.

An idea came to Atkin."Alright then.",grabbing Aliviah's hand,he pulled her outside of their house and made their way to the dungeons. His plan was to lead Aliviah to think that there was indeed a girl and she was in the Slytherin's house. He had a hunch that his girl was referring to Em. Ember was pretty and fun but she was not Ali."Come on,beautiful. You will love to meet her.",he said as he looked back to see the Gryffindor's reaction.

The dark haired girl was surprised and hurt at the same time that Atkin really has a girl that he likes and it seems that she was in another house as well. His strong hand grab her fragile one, and hauled her out of the Gryffindor common room. Aliviah blushed when he called her beautiful and looked away from him. If sh could be honest, she'll be okay if she knows the girl. Aliviah has great sportsmanship and she will accept her defeat. But her crush and love for Atkin will still be there. "Atkin, just tell me who it is and I'll revoke the dare." Her heart was beating so fast. What if he does it. Kiss the girl in front of me? She asked herself. Aliviah was scared that she might breakdown there and then. The Gryffindor girl pulled the Gryffindor boy to a stop, her face painted with worry. "Atkin ..." She keeps opening her mouth but nothing was coming out. Not even words or letters. "Let's just forget the dare. I'm hungry, you want to eat in the kitchen?" Aliviah tried to divert everything that has happened to something more interesting, like eating.

Satisfaction was eveident when Atkin saw her blush at the mention of Alivia being beautiful.They were already at the dungeons and Slytherin house was just at the end of the corridor.Aliviah asked him for the name and promised to cancel the dare. Atkin acted deaf and continued pulling Aliviah with him."Why?This will be fun.",he egged on although he felt bad for doing this to her. The Gryffindor had a feeling that she liked him too.

Suddenly,Aliviah pulled him to a stop.Small she may be but he was gentle and always gave in to her requests. He turned to look at her at the mention of his name. His brows creased with worry upon looking at her struggle for words."What is it,Ali?",he started to ask when she said that they would just forget about the dare. Atkin considered it but would not let this chance to pass. "Okay.But I get to dare you still.Then,we can go raid the kitchen.",he said confidently.

She nodded when he agreed that they'll go to the kitchen after her own dare because she stopped Atkin's. Aliviah was relief because she's more of a dare person than tell the truth. They were in the dungeons and realized that Lucca and Ember's house was on that level. The Gryffindor girl hit Atkin's arm playfully, "Slytherin. She's in Slytherin house. Kin, I could have nagged Em if she knows anything." A heart string tug her heart. Aliviah looked around the dungeon hallway, people are seem aloft at that moment and was good for a dare session.

"So, what's the dare? It better not be simple because you know me. Im up for any challenge." She asked Atkin as she wiggled her eyebrows at him. Masking her hurt emotion. She was beginning to be good at it, maybe she can be an actress on Hollywood. "Oh, and mum asked if you wanted to stay at the house this summer. Annual beach party again." Every year, the Waldorf's have what they call a beach party every summer. It consist of Aliviah's family members and friends. Last year all three of her friends came but maybe this year would only be Atkin.

Atkin smiled at Aliviah's nod. She would be in for a shock. In a good way,he hoped. He laced his fingers with hers as they ambled toward a secluded corner almost close to Lucca and Em's house. His girl seemed to know this too since she already commented about it. He almost laughed when she concluded that the 'girl' was a Slytherin.Shaking his head,he leaned against the wall sideways facing Ali. He was still holding her hand,his thumb rubbing her soft skin slowly."Like Em and Luc will tell you.", he smirked.

Atkin considered her words as he was finalizing the dare in his mind.He was studying her face,trying to get a reading on how she was feeling about all that transpired until this point.Ali then mentioned summer at their house."I'm going.With you together.Like directly from here,I mean.",he said casually,squeezing her hand. Aliviah did not need to tell him. Her mother already knew that young Grayveson would rather spend summer with Aliviah than be stuck at his house.

He had decided. Looking at Aliviah,"Now...about that dare.",he suddenly tugged the girl toward her. He wound his arm around her slender waist.Looking down at Aliviah,he leaned down closer to her face and in a deep,husky voice,he said,"Kiss me,Ali.Kiss me like you mean it.",never breaking his gaze on her.Atkin could not let the day end without telling her.

Aliviah shooked her head with a smile on her lips. True, her other friends would side with Atkin rather than her. She's the sweetheart of the group and they like torturing her. Of course, Atkin would agree to come to her house this summer. Her mum was somewhat in love with her so called favourite son. But that thought was brought aside when the Gryffindor boy took her somewhere only a few traffic of people can get into. She was beginning to get nervous, what if the dare consist of spiders and bugs? She's pretty sure will leave Atkin behind.

Aliviah was beginning to get curious but was surprised when the boy wrapped his arm around her waist. The closeness of their body gave another shiver down her spine. The only time they were like this was from friendly hugs. This one was not friendly at all. Aliviah, thinking it was still a dare, played along. She placed both her arms around his neck. "Yep?" She huskily said back. It was then she was takenaback at the dare he gave her. Heart racing, she wanted to take her arms off him but at the same time she was frozen on her position.

Her gaze straight to his, there was something in them that she can't explain. Was it desire? Or something else? Aliviah had no clue. She lick her lips wet, unknowingly doing so. "Then we can go to the kitchen." It wasn't a question. Just an assurance that they will. Aliviah closed her eyes, it was the second time she will be kissing Atkin. The first time was short but a spark lit for that few minutes. Would it be the same as this one too? She thought. She moved her face toward Atkin and all she felt was his warm lips. Soft not firm, she gently moved slowly. Taking every moment of it.

Atkin loved how the different emotions pass across Aliviah's face in seconds. Playfulness,shock,nervousness.Atkin readied his arm around her to tighten just in case she would relinquish herself from his arms. Then she did.Kiss him. Softly like she was unsure but sweet like Aliviah was. Her soft lips against his. It took too much for the Gryffindor not to ravage her right there and then. His feelings for her since second year were all bottled up until this moment. Every summer spent together.Late nights in the common room and all those friendly hugs they exchanged with each other. Atkin cupped her cheek as deepened the kiss. His girl was the sweetheart of their group and he knew that she never had any special friendship other than them.

Atkin continued kissing Aliviah,moving them that it was her leaning on the wall. Their position had effectively trapped her between him and the wall. Atkin groaned before he gently ended kiss,allowing themselves to cath their breath. He moved his head to her neck,placing a soft kiss there as he hugged her more. "Now do you still want to go to the kitchens?I'd rather go to the common room with you.",he softly teased her,lightly grazing his mouth against her earlobe.

Aliviah wasn't sure if it was right. The game had gone too far and somebody will get hurt. She didn't want that to happen, she didn't want their friendship ruined. The dark haired Gryffindor felt Atkin kissed her back and it hurts to know that the two felt the same for each other or was just that her imagination? Either way she has to move. Get away from that situation even if it hurts them both. The kiss ended with her wanting to cry. His lips kissed her ticklish neck, almost making her to giggled but she suppressed it. Aliviah wanted to be serious for once. She unlocked her intertwined arms and slowly placed them on his chest and pushed him lightly away from her. "I'm sorry, this was a bad idea. I need some time." She told Atkin, her voice breaking. At that moment, the dungeons became cold and silent. Aliviah hugged herself, the girl wanted to wake up from this dream but at the same time, she likes being with the guy she fantasized and loved secretly for a long time. "I just can't." Aliviah shake her head. Like she was disagreeing with falling in love with her best friend. "I'm not for you and neither you are for me. I'm sorry." The girl wanted out there and so she found a way to slowly ease from the wall and him.

First,they were kissing and having a moment. Atkin was about to confess when the next thing he knew,Aliviah lightly pushed him away from her. Always being gentle with the girl,he allowed to be pushed with a confused look in his eyes. The hurt was also there,but he was hoping it was not that evident. He looked at her,brows creased.She was saying nonsense about it being a bad idea and she needed time. Atkin was shaking his head,almost laughin bitterly,"A bad idea?Ali,this was your idea in the first place.",he wanted to make her see that should she feel something for him just like what that kiss proved,he also felt the same.Even more.But how could he let her see that when she was pushing him away?

Atkin continued looking at her as Ali hugged herself. He wanted to step toward her and hugged her.He restrained himself from doing so.He was hurt as well.,"You can't what,Aliviah?",he winced when he used her full name. She had always been Ali to him along with the other words that he used to call her.But never Aliviah.He was almost deaf to what she said next and just noticed when she started easing away from him.He grabbed her arm,turning her back to face him"Sorry for what?How would you know that I am not for you and you not for me?"He stepped forward,gave her a kiss,a short one,on her lips before he stepped far away from her. Too far for his liking. Clenching his fist on his side,he said,"Fine.Believe what you said,I don't care.Just -",he shook his head and turned to start walking away. His tears were at bay but he did not want to be vulnerable in front of her. He paused,his back facing her, "I like you,Ali.I know you know.I like you and I know I am in love with you.There,I said it.But you said that we are not for each other.So be it. I'll keep my distance.",glancing over his shoulder,"See you in summer. I will....just meet you there." He started walking away in another direction away from their House. He could not go back there for now.

She felt the tugged she knew she was going to get when Aliviah started to get away from him. She stopped and all she can hear was questions, and lots of them. Atkin gave her another kiss and this time again, she closed her eyes and she felt those sparks again. Only to be disappointed again once Atkin moved his lips away from hers. Aliviah kept her eyes close, she didn't want to see him go but she can hear his footsteps and the last sentences she told her. She kept her eyes tightly close as tears started to fall to her cheeks. The Gryffindor girl wanted to shout to him that she loved him too. She wanted to tell her friends about it. But what if others didn't like their relationship just because her status wasn't great as his? She thought about it. Would she let other people judge her for loving the guy she liked and cared for? Aliviah wanted Atkin to know that.

She opened her eyes without wiping the tears away and turned around to see Atkin walking away. "I'm in love with you since I met you and it's much harder for me to say it because you have no idea what others are saying behind my back." She shouted back. Her tears are now like a rain that wasn't stopping. Aliviah wipped them off her face vigorously. Yes, she was bullied secretly and specially when it comes to Atkin, and she'd kept it away from her friends. Even if they didn't know about it, she knew she was safe from the others. "Others would say that I'm just up for your wealth and that I need status that's why I'm with you." She sniffled. Aliviah was strong at times but not with Atkin, she pursed her lips to keep her lips from shaking but her crying was just getting worse.

"Atkin ..." Ali trailed off but she continued after a minute. "I don't want to push you away. I'm in love with you and I always wanted to be with you but you're upstairs and I'm down (ref. to he's rich and she's not). Our lives don't project each other." She just wanted to stop talking and run toward him, give him a kiss but she can't. She was smart, yes, but stupid in love. "Other girls much deserve you. Not me. I hope you understand that, Atkin." She was sniffing, crying and if she wasn't a lady she would crash on the ground. "I'm so sorry." Her voice almost a whisper when she spoke again but she was praying the guy she loves read her lips.

Atkin stopped in his tracks when he heard Aliviah spoke the words he had been hoping for a long time. The corridor they were in was deserted apart from the two of them,although Atkin did not care if people were there.Her broken voice meant she was crying. This twisted his heart for he promised himself he would never make her cry.He kept his silence and continued listening. His jaw clenched when she mentioned the insults. Of her status and his. He knew everything. He made sure to know every single thing that could affect the girl he loved in any way.

Atkin's composure almost broke down when he heard his name being called. As if Aliviah was in pain. He was too. To be told by other girls that Aliviah was out of his league.She kept on referring to how different they were until Atkin noticed that her voice had grown hoarse and faint. He clenched his fist before he turned back to face her. With eyes closed and trying to control his anger at other people and at himself,he answered her,"Don't you think I did not know?",referring to the insults."And I am angry at myself for letting you go through that.For not being able to protect you from them.",opening his eyes to see Aliviah standing there,a few meters away from him,in tears and so vulnerable. It broke his heart to see her like this. However,he was hurt that she was thinking unreasonably and making decisions without him. "Ali...I don't care about what people say. They don't matter.",he stared into her eyes before he could not help but sank on his knees,defeated and hurt on what he was to say next."But if they matter to you...more than what I just said awhile ago,I guess you doubt my love after all.",he looked down to his clenched fists before he continued,"You doubt what I felt - we both felt and maybe you are right. We are not for each other. Not because of what they said but because of what you believe in. And it is not me you believe in.",his voice broke at the last part.

This was hard for him. He could just run back to where she was,swept her off her feet and kiss her to another day but he needed to do this. For both of them. He wanted Aliviah to realize that no matter what,she could always count on him if only she believed in him.

Aliviah Waldorf's life had turned upside down at that moment. She never doubted Atkin not even when he told her about how he felt toward her. Not one ounce of doubt she gave. Aliviah was only protecting Atkin, protecting from the scandal that she might have caused. There was already plenty for her and she had ignored them, all because she was protecting the love of her life. Aliviah slowly walked toward him as soon as she saw Atkin knelt on the ground. Once the dark haired Gryffindor was in front of him, she knelt as well. Aliviah stared at him lovingly and yet she's about to do the wrongly thing, a selfish move. Her cold hand touched his cheek, her thumb gently caressing his stubble. "I have no doubt of your love but I do care what people say. Not because I believe them, it's because I'm protecting you. Everything was for you." She knew that she had hurt him more than he had hurt her. Nevertheless, fate will continue to make everything work for them. Aliviah kissed his forehead and said, "I hope you're still the same Atkin I met four years ago after this. I'm so sorry." Before she cried again, Aliviah stood up and with a straight face. She took the stairs to the viaduct rather than exiting to the entrance hall where there's a lot of people that could see her crying. She didn't want to stop walking until she entered her common room and finally her dormitory.

Atkin leaned onto Aliviah's hand when she placed it on his cheek.He smiled without looking at her when he felt her lips on his forehead. He wanted to tease her on why not kiss him on his cheek.Or lips. "Ali,I--",stopping short when she said something.He wanted to embrace her but stopped himself upon hearing her next words.The Gryffindor loved him but was still steadfast on her decision.The next thing he heard was footsteps running away.

He stood up with hands clenched and jaw set. Atkin Grayveson looked at the direction where Aliviah Waldorf had run off to."No,Aliviah.I am sorry.The Atkin you knew was lost the moment you walk away.And only you can bring him back home.",he said in a dark voice before he turned back and set for the towers to be alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back