Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Lyra Potter had been careful to pick out the perfect dress for the Valentine's Day dance. She had only ever attended a dance with Felix, and that had been strictly as friends their first year. She hadn't been interested in boys then, but she was now. In fact, she was interested in this boy that was taking her to this dance. Silus was not the average boy. Lyra was well aware that he had a dark side, and that his upbringing had been very different from his own. He kept his guard up most of the time, only letting it down for Lyra. Since the kiss they shared at the Yule Ball, Lyra hadn't been able to stop thinking about him.

Lyra was praying that she wouldn't trip in the heels that she had selected for tonight. She thought Silus would appreciate her attempt to bridge the gap between her height and his. The Gryffindor looked around the Great Hall with a smile on her face. The professors had out done themselves once again. The hall was beautiful. Her green eyes scanned the room. She didn't see Silus, or Felix for that matter, but she did see the dozens upon dozens of roses. Lyra stepped to the side to get a closer look at the roses in a vase by the door.

Silus was not the sort of boy to attend an event such as this, certainly far less likely to enjoy it, but he was more than eager to jump at thhe chance of having Lyra as his date. He felt so lucky, just about half skipping through the halls of the school. Not only had Silus slicked his trademark wild dark hair back, he'd also taken care to don his nicest shirt and slacks.

His eyes brightened at seeing her. Lovely as always, everyone else seemed to fade into the background. As he made his way over to her, he made sure nothing touched the snow white rose he'd picked for her. He had made a special trip to the rose gardens earlier to find her the very best. "Hey, Lyra." He said with an uncharacteristically wide grin. He offered her the rose.

Lyra turned at the sound of her name to see her date, all dressed up, holding out a white rose for her. Her pulse quickened at the sight of him, and it felt like a million butterflies had taken over her stomach. This was new territory for her. She had never felt this way about a boy before, but she couldn't help it when she looked at Silus with his tone gentle, grin, and his eyes never leaving hers. "For me? That's so sweet, Si." she said, taking the rose from him. She hadn't received any valentine's day roses, but this one was so much better than any of those.

Lyra's green eyes scanned over Silus, noticing the effort he had put in to his appearance tonight, and she knew it was all for her. "You clean up nicely, Hollister. You should do it more often. I like it." she said with a grin. For some reason, Silus had always been different with Lyra than he was with anyone else. Lyra slid her hand in to his. "Dance with me?" she asked him, pleading.
<i></i>

Silus was beaming with pride at Lyra's response to the rose he'd given her. He let out a short laugh, and his the tips of his ears flushed pink at her compliment. "Thank you." He said, his eyes bright and gazing into her's. "I'm just lucky to be seen with you. You're by far the most beautiful in the room." He said truthfully. He felt his pulse quicken as she slid her smaller hand into his. Get it together, you imbecile. He thought to himself. The boy didn't know how to dance, but how hard could it be when he had Lyra as a partner? He bowed and smirked playfully at her. "I'd be honored to."

Lyra tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and looked down as he called her the most beautiful one in the room. "Thank you." She wasn't used to that sort of compliment, and it was hardly true. "I'm glad you asked me. I didn't want to come with anyone else." she said, honestly. Lyra let Silus lead her out on to the dance floor. It was a slow song, and she suspected that it would be mostly slow songs at this dance, but she didn't mind being close to him right now. Lyra slid her hands up towards his neck as she moved in close enough to feel him breathing. The last time she had been this close to him, they had kissed. She wondered if the memory was in his mind as it was in hers. She tugged at the collar of his shirt playfully. "Have you been staying out of trouble lately?" she asked him as she looked up at him. Lyra knew Silus was a magnet for trouble, which was probably why she just couldn't stay away, no matter how much Felix insisted that she should.

Silus couldn't have felt any more proud. That she only wanted to attend the dance with him. "Really?" He asked, ice blue eyes wide in wonder. The smile on his lips grew as the two danced. His hands resting gently at the small of her back, fingers laced, he felt her own sliding up towards his neck. He felt his heart pound at an even more furious rate, and he desperately hoped it wasn't as noticeable to her as it was to himself. His eyes lowered slightly, to rest on her lips, and he realized the last time they were this close was at the Yule Ball, where they kissed. Silus wondered if the the thought was racing through Lyra's head as it was in his.

His eyes gazed into hers once more, and he quirked a brow as she tugged on his collar playfully. He grinned at her inquiry. The ravenclaw tilted his head to once side and his eyes twinkled mischievously. "What do you think?" He replied, amused.

Lyra laughed at the wonder in his eyes and voice. Surely he knew by now how much she liked him. It had to be written all over her face every time she looked at him. But, maybe he didn't realize that. "Si, I like you. Why would I go with anyone else?" She asked, looking up at his face with the corners of her mouth turned up in a coy smile. The Gryffindor moved in a little closer to her date as they swayed back in forth to the music. Really, Silus wasn't a bad dancer.

Lyra groaned and made a face at him. "I take that as a no. I hope you at least haven't been fighting. If you live in detention, you won't have any time to spend with me." she said with a slight pout on her face. "Wouldn't you rather spend more time with me than in detention? We can get into trouble but I prefer the kind where we don't get caught." Lyra said with a wicked grin. She was always up for an adventure but she preferred to stay out of her aunt's office.

<i></i>

Silus's proud smirk slowly fell, and his gaze slid towards the floors. "No fighting." he said in an attempt to redeem himself. Trouble. It was simply in his nature. He was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, but he never wanted to see Lyra disappointed in him. It was definitely one of the worst feelings he'd ever felt, and he tried his best to avoid a repeat of that when he could.

His eyes widened at the words she spoke next, and that grin. He chuckled. Oh, Lyra could certainly render him speechless sometimes. And before he lost his courage, he leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on her lips, his head in the clouds.

Lyra was proud of Silus for keeping his temper in check. She knew it was something he struggled with and she hoped that she might be able to help him with it. Of course, part of the reason she was asking was because Felix had told her about the rose and note he had sent Silus. Lyra had reprimanded Felix for it, but didn't want Silus and Felix fighting anymore. "Good." she answered with a smile.

Lyra was about to make another joke when Silus leaned down and kissed her so gently on the lips. She thought he treated her like fine china that could easily break and so special that you would be devastated if it did break. Lyra wrapped her hands around his neck, kissing him back. Her heart pounded in her chest, and the butterflies flittered in her stomach. Slowly, she broke away, not moving from the embrace of his arms. She looked up at him with a grin. "That was unexpected. Tell me how you really feel." Lyra teased Silus.
<i></i>

Silus' cheeks flushed briefly , something that almost never happened, as Lyra returned his kiss with her own. Her lips were so soft and warm. It left him almost dizzy headed when she slowly pulled away.
He couldn't help but let out a bark of laughter at her words. Letting his grin fade away, he mocked taking offense. "Why, I'm more of show person. Was that not sufficient enough?" His lips soon broke into a playful smirk.

Lyra laughed at the words that came out of his mouth next. She pretended to consider his explanation with seriousness before shaking her head slowly. "Not at all. I think you might need to show me again." She said, very seriously even if the seriousness in her voice was just for show. Lyra thought they probably should talk about whatever this was that was going on between them but she wasn't going to spoil the moment now. Not when he was looking at her the way that he was at this very moment.
<i></i>

Silus was rendered quite speechless. He certainly wasn't expecting that to happen, but like he was going to turn her down. He smirked, and once again pressed his lips to her's, allowing the kiss to be slightly more firm than the last. He pulled back grinning, his ice blue eyes lost in her emerald ones. "You know, I may just charge you for the next one." He teased.

Lyra didn't think she would ever grow accustomed to Silus's kisses. He had been her first kiss a few short months ago, not that he knew that. She anticipated this one as his lips brushed against hers. When they broke apart, she laughed at his comment. "You wouldn't dare! People are staring though. More kisses should probably wait for a more private location." She told him, half joking half serious. People were staring. This was new to her, whatever was going on here, but people staring she was used to. It came with the territory when you had famous family members and a last name like Potter. Still, she wasn't sure what was going on between them, and they should probably figure it out before kissing in front of the entire school.
<i></i>

Silus let out a bark a laughter before nodding in agreement. "Don't mind them, Lyra." He said softly. He never really gave it any thought, but she was in fact a Potter, and... He came from a rather shameful background. His brows knitted, the more he thought about it. No matter whatever he or she felt, the probability of anything happening between the two now seemed non-existent the more the boy thought on it.

Taking a couple steps back, he slipped his hands in his pockets, and sent her a small smile. "Thirsty? I can bring you something."

Lyra laughed and shook her head. "I've been stared at for as long as I can remember. It doesn't phase me. Normally, I don't mind, but we should probably decide what this is before attracting any more attention." She said, gesturing to the two of them. It was true she didn't mind the affection he was showing her, but she also didn't want to get an reputation at such a young age. Lyra's smile faltered ever so slightly as Silus took a step back from her, letting go of her and returning his hands to his pockets. "Sure. Want me to come with you? I don't mind." Lyra said, looking up in to his blue eyes.
<i></i>

Silus nodded once more, his ears reddening up again. "Yeah, of course. He said with a smile. It angered him, though. People constantly watching her. Silus knew what it was. Anytime someone watched him, it was to see if he screwed up. He just didn't understand why they'd do that to Lyra. "You may be used to it, but you shouldn't have to be," He told her softly. "You think people would actually care more about their partners instead of staring like a worthless creep." He said a bit too loudly, hoping the others would feel somewhat ashamed.

He smiled at her. One can hope. Silus thought. "Of course. He replied, always happy to have her company. He finally took his eyes off her's and slowly started towards the drinks.

Lyra smiled at Silus and shook her head. It was sweet of him to be concerned for her, but she didn't mind it most of the time. It was just a small part of who she was. She intended to be noteworthy enough on her own merits in the future. At least the Prophet was more focused on her Kingsley relatives these days than the Potters. "It's okay really. I don't mind, but thank you." she told Silus with a sweet smile.

Lyra was pleased that Silus wasn't trying to get away from her as he started towards the drinks. She slipped her hand in his as they made their way to the drinks. "So, did you get any roses?" she asked curiously. Lyra knew for a fact that he had received at least two, but she wondered if there were any more she didn't know about. Not that Silus knew she knew.
<i></i>

Silus smiled as Lyra slipped her hand in his. He chuckled at her inquiry. "Actually, yes. One red, one pink. I think it's a couple pranksters, though." He smirked and he grabbed a goblet and held it out for her. Speaking of roses, he was curious she had gotten any roses. "I'm sure you got showered with them." He said, gently nudging her shoulder playfully. They had better have all been friendship roses he thought to himself.

Lyra smiled as Silus confirmed what she already knew. She was surprised he didn't sound angry about the one that Felix sent him. That one was definitely a prank, but she knew Silus and Felix didn't exactly get along. Lyra shook her head. "Actually no. I didn't get any roses until this one." she said, holding up the white one he had given her earlier. "I did send quite a few though. Mostly yellow ones to friends." she said, knowing very well that she was the one who had sent Silus the pink rose. She had intentionally left the card blank though.
<i></i>

Silus smiled as she held her rose up. He was very surprised to hear it was the only one she had received, but boy, did he feel proud. That also meant he had a better shot at whatever it was they were, and with that Felix having a girlfriend...
"Well, I hope you like it," He said softly. "I wanted you to have the best I could find."
He was however, curious to hear about what roses other than 'mostly yellow to friends' she had sent, but he kept his lips shut, and simply quirked a brow playfully at her.

"It's perfect. Really. I delivered a bunch of the roses and this one is absolutely better." Lyra said confidently. After all, he had gone out and gotten it on his own rather than pay someone else to do it for him. It was more personal than that. Lyra really didn't mind that she hadn't received any other roses. There wasn't anyone else she wanted a rose from. "The only problem is that white wasn't included in the rules. I've got no idea what a white rose means." she teased him with a grin on her face. She noticed as he quirked a brow at her statement about the yellow roses. She smiled back mischievously. "Want to know a secret? I haven't told anyone else." she said, teasing him. They reached the drink table where she had the unfortunate mishap with her dress during the Yule Ball. She picked a drink up off the table and took a sip as she waited for his answer.
<i></i>

Silus was delighted to hear that Lyra found his rose better than the rest. He chuckled at what she said next. Truthfully, he didn't think of a meaning behind the color. He'd simply chosen it because it had the fullest petals, and the sweetest scent. "Well, you know me. I never play by the rules," He said with a smirk. "What do you think it means?" He asked, eager to hear her answer.

He grinned at what she said next. Could one of those roses been genuine? Could one of them been from her... "I'd love to." He replied with a chuckle, forgetting all about his drink.

Lyra considered his question as she looked at the rose. She hadn't a clue what it meant and didn't know if she should answer him seriously or with a joke. It felt like revealing too much of her feelings without really knowing his. She looked back at him with emerald eyes that sparkled. "Well, white is the color of innocence and purity, right? So, I suppose you are trying to tell me that your intentions are innocent and feelings pure. " she said, holding back a laugh as she joked with him. In all honesty, Lyra had no idea and just made that up off the top of her head.

Lyra looked around her, to make sure no one could hear her. They were a little too close to the drink table, so she grabbed Silus by the hand and dragged him away from it slightly. She reached up on her tiptoes and whispered in his ear. "I sent Felix a red rose without a note." she said, quietly.
<i></i>

Silus' eyes brightened, and he couldn't help but let out a short chuckle. He smiled at her, and squeezed her hand gently. The boy wished he had the courage to tell her that his intentions were for him to perhaps be more than a friend... a boyfriend to her, but he found he couldnt speak.

Silus grinned as Lyra pulled him away from the table and got up on her tippy toes to to whisper in his ear. He lowered his head a little further down, and was eager to hear her 'secret'.
Nothing could've prepared him for what she said next. First, he felt shocked. But then as he promptly stood back up and released her hand, he felt hurt. Surely she was just teasing. But the boy was colored doubtful. He pursed his lips, put on a blank face -- the one he used keep his feelings hidden around everyone else, and said the only word he could get out. "Why?"

Lyra looked confused and hurt as Silus dropped her hand and stepped away from her. She felt like she could visibly see the walls building up around her, shutting her out, but she didn't know why. She was about to tell him the biggest secret she had at the moment, one that would probably make Felix mad at her if he knew, and Silus seemed to be upset with her. Didn't he already know why she sent the rose? She had told him about her fight with Maddie. "Why do you think? Because I'm secretly in love with him and wanted to let him know." she said, impatiently, sarcastically, and rolling her eyes. "I sent it to annoy his girlfriend. She will be mad when she finds out he got a red rose from an anonymous person. I don't like her, and I think it's time he gets himself a new one. One that's more pleasant and doesn't yell at me. He's my best friend. He can't have a girlfriend that hates me." she said, keeping her voice down. There was a fifty percent chance Felix would think the rose was a funny joke, and a fifty percent chance he would be pissed at her for sending it if he ever found out. "I only sent one non-friendship rose that I actually meant. This was a prank." she said, thinking Silus would understand.
<i></i>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back