Basking in my Nothingness

As Tony watched Trinity head over towards the slide, and his bag, he felt slightly relieved that someone was there to take care of him. A memory flashed across his mind. A memory of him sat upon the old ruins at home. A memory of him falling. Tony had landed hard that day too, causing injury to his head and face. No-one was there that time. He had had to make his own way home. A broken nose; black eye; and gashed forehead where the awards for such an illness. At least, it felt like an illness. Not knowing when; where; or how he was going to fall, just that he was likely to.

Coming back to reality, Tony noticed Trinity was knelt beside him; brushing her hair behind her ears. As she spoke, her face had a look of seriousness across it. This was the first moment Tony had truly looked at her. Her blue eyes sparkled in the sun as she took a-hold of the baby blanket and poured water onto it, with the intention of cleaning his wounded leg. "Mad. No." Tony told her. He continued to look at the girl, flinching slightly from the sting in his leg. After a few minuets, Trinity had managed to clean the wound; and suddenly ripped her tee-shirt, tying a strip above Tony's latest battle award. A battle of balance he was determined to win.

Trinity once again ran off towards the slide, and returned with the bag of sandwiches. The next few words caused Tony's heart to sink. Home. If only he could go home. Watching as Trinity leaned towards him, extending her arm; he heard the words he feared the most. "I won't hurt you I promise.". Hatred began to rise inside Tony. A few years previously, Tony's farther had made a return. There was no reasoning behind it. He had just shown up, un-invited. As Tony stood in the garden, his farther had spoken similar words to Trinity's. "I'm sorry I left you. I never meant for that. Can you forgive me? I promise never to hurt you again.". Tony could only remember waking up to the sound of his uncles voice. Something had happened that day. Something he would never remember.

As Trinity's words echoed through his ears, Tony screamed at her. "Get away from me! You always hurt me! Everything is your fault! Your promises mean nothing to me! I hate you!".

Seconds past before Tony realised it wasn't his farther.

Trinity had expected him to take her arm but instead Tony screamed out in terror. She watched the changes across him face and almost fell back in shock from it. There was something in what he had shouted that intuitively made her realise he was not screaming at her, the anger was real. The fear was real. Someone had hurt him and badly. Once she regained her balance she placed the bag on the ground once again and sat beside Tony instead. She didn't know what had happened to him but she knew the sentiments he had screamed out. She felt that way concerning her parents.

Never having been in this type of situation Trinity felt helpless and lost but she didn't want to leave Tony alone and injured. She couldn't leave him to run for help anywhere and though she would probably get grounded by her grandparents for being late, she knew this was a bigger issue and this was where she was needed. Not knowing why she did what she did, Trinity turned her head to look at the boy beside her and leaning her head slightly forward kissed his cheek tenderly. She was scared by what she had heard and what she had seen but she would not run away, that wasn't who she was.

"I won't hurt you Tony" she emphasised and not knowing if it were the right thing for her to do or not, Trinity reached out her hand tentatively and put her hand into his. He could pull it away if he wanted, or throw it back at her but she felt somehow that it was necessary that her new friend knew that once her friend, you were always her friend.

As the hatred and pain soared through him, Tony's eyes fixed upon Trinity. What had he done. What had he said. The only person he had met over the past year whom he could truly call a friend was recoiling. He was pushing her away. His head still in a blurred daze, Tony struggled to speak. He wanted to apologise. To say he was sorry. It wasn't Trinity's fault. Everything was his fathers fault. Tony was losing newest person in his life all because of his father.

Beginning to grey out slightly, Tony blinked; wishing he could stop the anger; the pain; the hatred. His leg was bleeding again now. The rush of adrenaline had forced the blood to flow faster through his veins. To find a way out. To be free. There was a soft brushing against his cheek. Laura. Tony was back at home now. He had managed to make his way back from the old ruins after his fall. As he walked up the garden path, his mother came running outside; and scooped him into her arms. "What happened? Sweetie?" she asked, a worried tone in her voice. "I fell. Again." was Tony's response. "Let's get you inside and cleaned up." Laura told him, kissing him gently on the cheek.

"I won't hurt you Tony.". The words made their way into Tony's ears. How could his mother ever hurt him. She was the only person to truly love him. Someone had taken a-hold of his hand. Tony was sat in the kitchen now, but couldn't see anyone; yet he could feel them. Somebody was there. As he strained to see, sunlight appeared briefly; before disappearing once more. Tony had passed out.

Trinity waited for any reaction from Tony but fainting had not been on her list at all. She knew she had to think quickly, the sun was very hot and beating down on them like this had not helped him any. His leg was bleeding again, so obviously even the material she had strapped around it was effective. Convinced she couldn't do anything right she wished her grandmother or grandfather were here to help her. Looking at him helplessly she let go of his hand and knelt up. She reached back inside for the water bottle, there was still enough left. She didn't want to lose the first friend she had made in ages, life surely wasn't that cruel though she knew it was and she also knew that wishing was not going to get her the help she needed, that Tony needed. Gently she moved his head so it lay across her lap.

Unscrewing the cap she raised her eyes skyward, 'do not let him get angry with me over this' she thought before she poured the water over his face and if that wasn't enough to revive him then she began to slap his face. Not very hard but hopefully enough to rouse him from his state of unconsciousness.

"Come on Tony, please" she called out to him as she tapped each side of his face, the thought that he might bleed out enough and he might die suddenly occured to her and she began to panic, her slaps got a little harder. Why wasn't there any adults around supervising the place? Where were all the bullies now that usually frequented the playground?
"Tony, please!" she begged him almost frantically, the worry tinging her voice like a horrid nightmare, "I'm scared Tony, you've just got to wake up".

"Come on Tony.". Amy's voice rung out across the river bank. Her girlish laughter floating on the cool breeze. It had been three years since Tony had met her that day in the park. The tears he had seen on her face then had never been seen again. If Amy had ever cried again, it wasn't whilst Tony was near. "I'm coming, hold on." Tony called after the young brunette. As he walked across a log, Tony began to wobble slightly. "Uh oh!" he exclaimed, as his arms flailed about in the air. "Stop dancing and get over here." Amy shouted at him, her voice was firm; yet cheerful. Managing to re-gain his balance, Tony slowly made his way over to the other side of the river; and to where his best friend was stood against a tree. Smiling, he could only look into her eyes.

"I made it." Tony informed her. Even though she could see he had made it, he decided to tell her anyway; as it was an achievement for him to not have fallen in. "Very good, Tony." Amy giggled. "Now please, we have adventuring to be doing!". Tony had always admired how this eleven year old girl could be so smart and organised; and yet so playful. He often thought it was the way muggles where. Young witches and wizards had to mature sooner, and often had no playful attitude left in them. Tony's need for fun simply stemmed from Amy. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't likely be out-side enjoying himself.

Walking along the path besides the river, Amy was humming to herself in her ever apparent cheery mood; and Tony was following, amazed as to how she was always happy around him. Reaching a bend in the path, Amy turned to Tony. "Race you along the edge of the river!" she called, pointing towards a line of trees ahead of them. Tony could only look on, as the small amount of ground between the trees and water sloped downwards, in the waters favour. "What? Not a coward are we?" Amy mocked. Tony glared at her. "No." he responded. "Last one through smells." he grinned. And with that, took off at a run towards the muddy slope.

Amy was quick to follow, her laughter once again ringing through the air. Firmly planting his feet one in front of the other, Tony began a rhythm for his angled run. "This is easy." he thought to himself. There was a scream behind him. Re-focusing his attention on his surroundings, Tony turned slightly; only to see Amy run past him, laughing louder. Angry at her, Tony attempted to turn back; but not before catching his foot on a protruding root from one of the trees. "Arghh!". It was Tony's time to scream, as he fell. Hitting the ground with a thump, Tony continued to fall down the slope; and into the water. The words which escaped his lips where neither polite nor friendly. Amy had managed to stop running, as was now in stitches on the side of the bank; laughing louder with every breath she took.

Tony was now kicking around in the water, trying his hardest not to be dragged along with the slight current. Once he was able to compose himself, Tony paddled on the spot; staring angrily at his best friend, who was now in tears of laughter. "If you think it's so funny, why don't you join me." he shouted, not fully expecting her to do so. Amy was always one to prove Tony wrong, so taking his words as an invite; she stood up, and jumped in.

Trinity had never been more scared in all her life. There was no movement at all, he was still breathing but what good was that when the rest of him just lay there. She tried shaking him but nothing. Looking up she scanned the horizon hoping to get a glimpse of anyone passing but there was no body around.

"Help me, anyone please!" she called out, shaking him carefully as she did so. Her eyes slowly began to fill with tears, this was so typical. The last time she had made a friend was exactly two years before, since then people simply flitted in and out of her life but never in it long enough to be thought of as a friend and yet, the short time she had spent with Tony she had just known. She couldn't explain it but she simply knew, as sure as her eyes were blue she knew that they were friends and now because of her playacting he had hurt himself and badly it would seem.

The tears slowly began to fall down her face and she wiped them furiously as she looked down at him.
"Tony, please... you've got to wake up" she shook him gently but it really did seem impossible. Very carefully she moved his head from her lap and placed it gently on the ground. Trinity stood up on shaking legs and wiping her face once more ran at the slide, grappled her way to the top and used it as a look out to see if there were any grown ups about.

"I NEED HELP HERE!" she roared out frantically with her hands cupped over her mouth to amplify her words but there was no one around, at any moment she expected to see tumbleweeds blow through the playground. It was no good, she was alone and her friend was seriously injured. She sat on top of the slide looking across at his body lying there, very slowly edging her way down the heated seat. Her eyes never left his body, willing him to move. Willing him to get up.

'Maybe if I believed in magic he would but I don't, so he won't and all is lost' she felt the tears tumble down her face as if each one was sprinting for the finishing line. Eventually making it to the end of the slide she sat there simply staring at him and hugging her legs to her, rocked herself for comfort back and forth.

After their fun in the river, Amy informed Tony that she needed to go home. This came as a surprise to Tony. Amy had never willingly wanted to go home before. Her mother hated her, and her farther had left years ago. Looking at his best friend, Tony tried to see what her eyes where hiding. He couldn't. Nodding, he watched as the girl climbed from the river; back onto the opposite side of the bank, before climbing out himself. It made sense to climb up this side, as he wouldn't need to walk back over the log further down the path.

Walking through the edge of town, towards Amy's house, the two friends where silent. This caused Tony to feel un-easy. What was wrong with the cheerful girl he knew. He had to ask. "Is something wrong?". He knew she always talked to him about her problems, but she was never this quiet. "Umm, no." Was Amy's reply. "I just need to do something." she turned her head to smile at Tony. "Oh. Okay." Tony responded. His face held a questioning look.

As the pair neared Amy's home, Tony decided to leave his concerns until she was ready to tell him. That was mostly how it worked between them anyway. Strolling up the pathway, Amy opened her front door; and sighed heavily. "I have to go." Amy turned to Tony and placed her arms around him, giving him a long; tight squeeze. Slightly confused as to why she was saying this now, Tony answered her. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked, not knowing what would come next. "No. I have to go for good." Amy said. As she looked at Tony, a tear ran down her cheek. A half attempted smile appeared across her face, before she stepped in-side; and closed the door between them. A door which was to remain closed. Tony was standing out-side now, alone; slightly wet; and not knowing what had just happened.

Tony's fists clenched involuntarily. He began to shake. This didn't seem right. He never shook.

As she sat there rocking gently she thought she saw a twitch, a movement at least. She couldn't really be sure, maybe it was just the heat playing tricks on her now. Maybe it was her own swaying that merely made it look like he was moving. Trinity cautiously stood up and began to walk ever so slowly over to him. Each step felt weighed down with guilt. Suddenly her eyes widened, that had definitely been a movement.

She ran to his side and was on her knees in an instant looking down at him again. Taking off her sweater from around her waist she folded it carefully and put it beneath his head. Chastising herself for not having done it sooner. Her tears were still falling but not as rapidly now, she watched as a few fell onto his face and with her small hands wiped them as tenderly as she could from him.

"Tony" it was like a whisper now, there was no more movement and she was second guessing herself now. Convinced that what she had seen must have been her eyes playing tricks on her, "Tony I'm sorry. Please wake up".

Her voice sounded futile, resigned. She lowered herself down so her head lay against his chest as her body curled into the fetal position. Perhaps if she were late enough her grandparents would come to look for her, they would eventually come here. She hoped her own body would keep him warm, the heat of the sun was one thing but lying unconscious on the hard ground was bound to require extra warmth. At least she thought it might but what did she know? A sob escaped her and then thinking perhaps all she was doing was squashing him, Trinity sat up with her back to him now and hugged her knees close as she lowered her face down to them and cried silently.

"Please wake up Tony, please wake up" it was now like a chant she was offering up to whoever would hear her.

Sun-light appeared once more. A voice. Tony strained his ears as best he could. It sounded familiar. "Amy?" he called out. Had Tony been a-sleep. Had he just been dreaming. The voice appeared again. Tony focused all of his energy into the sun-light. An un-welcome feeling shot through his slim body. "Arghh!" Tony screamed out. His leg was in immense pain now. As he began to focus on his surroundings, Tony's eyes picked out a blurry figure. Rubbing them, he realised it was Trinity. Suddenly, the memory of him falling from the monkey-bars rushed back to him. He knew then that he had passed out.

"Trinity." Tony called, a sense of confusion in his voice. "Trinity.". Tony couldn't help but grab a-hold of the young girl. He hugged her. He hugged her so tight it felt like she would explode in his arms. Tony couldn't re-call everything that had happened, but all he truly knew was that Trinity was still there.

Trinity heard the voice behind her and sniffled a little as she began to turn around. Tony's scream of pain nearly frightened her out of her sockets and she would most likely have jumped away in complete and utter fright but the shock of the scream also rendered her frozen, numbed by the realisation that though he was now awake he was in serious pain. Before she could say or do anything he was saying her name, not the name he had spoken earlier but that she would ask him about another time. For now as he sat up and hugged her fiercely, Trinity could only wrap her arms about him and hug him back too.

She was so grateful that he had regained consciousness that it took her a moment to realise that he shouldn't be over exerting himself, she certainly didn't want him passing out again.
"Dont' over do it Tony" she smiled at him, "you gave me a real fright you know. Promise you won't do anything like that again? You had me worried".

If she was anything it was stubbornly honest and as scared as he had made her, she was now so elated that she didn't mind admitting how much his passing out had affected her.
"We'll need to get you home somehow, do you think you can try to stand now? You can lean on me" she released herself slowly and kneeling infront of him so that he could use her to help lever himself upwards, Trinity's pale skin almost glowed with delight at having her friend save once more.

Feeling the blue eyed girl hug him back, Tony's fears of being alone melted away. He had found someone who cared. Someone who would stay. Someone he could trust. Re-gaining his senses slightly, Tony's vision became more clear. It felt like he had only been a-sleep for a few seconds. Trinity's words brushed across his ears as he watched a smile appear on her face. She had been worried about him. Tony began to feel conflicted. Over the years he had never let anyone in. Everyone he had met wasn't worthy of trusting. Yet this girl, this girl was different. Tony felt close to her, just as he had towards Amy.

"Uhh." Tony's words where slightly slurred. "Whut huppund?". He still couldn't remember anything other than the monkey-bars. Trinity wanted him to promise to something. Tony hadn't had to make anyone a promise for a long time. There hadn't been anyone to make a promise to. At this moment, he wasn't sure if he knew how to do it. "I prumuse.". Tony hated the way his words where spoken. He must be sounding like a complete baboon. "U'm Surry uf I scurred you." Tony attempted to say softly, looking into Trinity's eyes. They appeared to be slightly damp. He had really scared her.

Realising Trinity had been waiting for him to stand up, he began to try. Taking a-hold of her arm, he tucked his left leg underneath him; and, half pushing and half pulling, attempted to position his body in an up-right stance. Placing his right hand on her left shoulder, Tony used the momentum he had created to force himself up-wards; only to be met with dizziness as the blood suddenly rushed towards his head. It made a change from rushing towards his leg, as a small amount continued to trickle down towards his shoe. Shaking off the dizziness, Tony put on a brave face; and smiled for the girl he was somehow becoming attached to.

His speech seemed slurred and Trinity stared at him bewildered for the smallest of moments. She needed to get him home and fast. She couldn't bare it if he fainted again and he got hurt even worse.
"You fell when you tried to jump down from the monkey bars. You got a nasty fall. You blacked out. Your leg is hurt pretty bad and judging from your speech you hit your head pretty bad too" she knew she was rambling on faster than a freight train but she had never been so damn scared in all her life or so worried about anyone.

"Don't be silly, you didn't really scare me" she attempted a smile then shrugged and admitted to it, "Ok you terrified the living daylights out of me."
Helping him as he finally made the transition from lying on the ground to standing, Trinity held tight to him to give him the support he needed.

"Hang on" she carefully kept one hand around him to support him while with her other one, she picked up her jumper and tossed it into the bag which she slung over her shoulder once more. Turning to look at him she smiled, her face lit up and her pale blue eyes the colour of the sky sparkled with the tears that still glistened there. Looking at him now she was suddenly overcome with relief and feeling every bit like a kid who had nearly lost the most precious thing in the world, she threw her arms about him and squeezed him tight. The hug was not supposed to make him gasp for air but she was almost afraid that was what would happen if she didn't release him. Swiftly once more and hoping that this time he wouldn't pass out, Trinity leaned her head over and kissed him on the other cheek.

"We best get you home now. Is it far?"she had one arm around his waist to help steay him and allow him to lean on her further if needs be. Trinity looked into his face waiting for his reply, hoping he was only a few blocks away at the most.

Trying hard to remain balanced, Tony listened as Trinity spoke to him. She had been terrified. Tony felt torn inside. The last thing he wanted was to lose his newest friend. As the girl supported him, she proceeded to pick up his bag; before embracing him in a tight squeeze, which rivalled the one he had given her moments earlier. As if out of no-where, Trinity's lips where suddenly brushing against Tony's cheek. Confusion ran through him. Why had she done that. Was it her who had kissed him earlier. The next question drew his attention back to her. Home. It was too far away. Tony just wanted to go home; to see his mother; to see his cat.

As Trinity's arm was placed around his waist, Tony leaned into her; feeling close to someone for the first time since Amy had left him. Noticing the girl was looking at him, he looked back; somewhat puzzled, before realising she was waiting for an answer. "No. Nut far." Tony told her. "The hill." he continued, attempting to point in the direction of his aunties house. Tony no longer wanted to speak. He wasn't enjoying the sound of his voice.

Trinity merely nodded her head and began to move holding him carefully, in the direction he indicated. Kissing him had not bothered her at all, it wasn't like she went around kissing boys all the time or anyone else for that matter but she had often seen her grandmother and her grandfather do it to her when she had fallen or gotten into some desperate scrape. Sometimes words simply weren't enough and the smallest bit of affection she had discovered, was worth thousands of words.

He wasn't at all heavy and though their progress was slow and slightly laboured thanks to the bag as well, Trinity was almost begruding the fact that he did live close by. She would have to deposit her new friend at home and leave, goodness knew she was going to be in enough trouble as it was but it was the simple thought of leaving him, of maybe not seeing him again. Though she knew that they might meet on the train journey to school or even at the infernal school. For the first time since she had known she would be attending Hogwarts, Trinity was looking forward to it and only because of the boy beside her. His company would make the place bearable.

As they walked, she noticed he wasn't talking anymore so with a silly smile she decided to lighten the occasion by singing one of the songs her grandfather often sang when he wanted to simply make her laugh.

There was a boy called Michael Finnigan,
He grew whiskers on his chin-igan.
The wind came out and blew them in again.
Poor old Michael Finnigan, begin again.

There was an old man named Michael Finnigan,
Who went off fishing with a pinnigan.
He caught a fish, but it fell in again.
Poor old Michael Finnigan.

There was an old man named Michael Finnigan,
Who caught a cold and couldn't get well again.
Then he died, and had to begin again.
Poor old Michael Finnigan.

It was an childish Irish song and it seemed to carry them on further until they reached the end of the hill he had indicated. She looked up it and sighed.
"Please tell me you live in one of the houses near the end and not up the top" she looked at him hopefully, her blue eyes twinkling as she did so.

As they barely walked towards his temporary home, Tony's leg was in more pain from the pressure he was forced to put onto it; since, as helpful as she was, Trinity was still a small person. Silence, and the slow pace the pair where moving at, caused time to slip away slowly. It had seemed like forever had past, before a sound escaped Trinity's mouth. The girl had begun to sing. Glancing at her slightly, Tony listened to the words. Catching them briefly, Tony simply didn't understand what it was she was singing. It seemed to him that Michael Finnigan had been having a difficult time of things. Just like he had. Choosing not to say anything, Tony remained silent; and thankful that this girl had stayed. Everything he had thought of her after they had met simply vanished. Trinity was someone he could trust.

Closing in on the hill below his aunties house, Tony began to wonder if he would ever see Trinity during their time at Hogwarts. It made sense that they would, seeing how they would be there for seven years. Something in-side him hoped she would never leave. He knew if that was to happen he would close up forever, never to trust another person again.

Hearing the sound of a sigh, Tony turned his head to the side; and looked at Trinity, listening as she spoke; her blue eyes sparkled once more. The hill the pair stood before wasn't a very steep one. Tony couldn't see why it was called a hill to begin with. Lifting his arm to shoulder height, Tony pointed towards a large open grassed area containing foot-paths and many trees. "That way." he told his friend. His aunties house was situated within a private area, much like a suburb, on the other side of the park. Tony had a feeling his words where sounding much better now, and decided to test his theory. "Thank you." he said, looking at Trinity once more. He hoped this was enough for her to understand how grateful he was; and how much he was beginning to care for her.

She watched as he pointed in the direction they had to go and smiled. Well it wasn't really too much farther. Trinity could only beam when he thanked her and shrugged a little.
"That's ok, I'm sure you'd have done the same for me" she hoped he would at any rate, somehow she had a good feeling about Tony though saying that the other friends she had made before had all been great. It had been her fault that the friendship had not stayed, or at least her grandparents fault for moving and passing her over to her other grandparents. Ultimately she knew that it all went right back to her parents again. If they had only bothered to be at home, to want to be a family then she... she stopped her thoughts from going there because if her parents had behaved like normal parents, she wouldn't be here today. She would most likely be attending the other Hogwarts in Scotland and she would never have met Tony. No, Trinity was glad to here and happier still to have found this new friend.

"Favourite colour?" she asked him, well if they had another bit of a trek on their hands she was going to pump him full of questions, "You're not a tree climber by nature are you? Do you scrape your knees up at least four times a week? Can you fly a kite? Can you make one? I've got a catapult want to borrow it sometime? My grandad showed me how to make it, he did most of the work but it's really sweet. I can shoot stuff from nearly 18ft away now. I used to be pretty crap at it but boy, am I getting better. But when you practise everyday like I do that's what happens. You just naturally get better. Will your mam and dad be at home now? Someone will have to take care of your leg."

Trinity could win a gold medal at the talkathon olympics if there were such an event but when your world is taken up with two old people who would rather sit and watch the news most of the day or talk to each other about the weather, then it was only natural that as soon as she knew they had a solid enough friendship, the flood gates holding her mouth closed, would open and unleash a tidal wave on poor Tony.

Taking note of Trinity's reaction to his thank you, Tony could only truly wonder what he would have done if it was Trinity who had fallen. Would he have taken care of her as she had of him. He only felt he could trust her now because she had taken care of him. If she had been the one injured, would the trust he gave her have been he same. Not wanting to think any more, Tony was thankful he was never put into that situation this early in their friendship.

As the pair slowly made their way into the large open park, Trinity began to talk. This was no ordinary talk either. She had begun to ask several questions, and make several points; to which Tony simply couldn't keep up with her. He was injured and had passed out recently. His mind was not ready to be bombarded with questions. Sighing quietly, Tony thought it was best to break the silence he was forcing on to Trinity. Taking a look around, Tony noticed a bench a few steps away from them. "Can we sit down?" he asked his carer. "My leg hurts from walking". even though it was hurting slightly, he had become numb to the pain. Tony simply wanted to give Trinity a rest. "We could have that sandwich we never had." he commented, smiling slightly.

Hoping she would agree, Tony decided he would also answer her questions as they ate. Tony knew his auntie would still be at work now, so no-one would be available to re-pair his leg. Another hour or so of suffering was worth the time spent with Trinity.

Trinity wanted nothing more than to slap herself in the face for not considering he would not be able to walk the long distance.
"Tony sorry, I should have stopped sooner. Of course we can sit down" they slowly made their way to the benches that he had indicated and she carefully released her hold on him. Removing the bag from her shoulder she put it down beside him, it was his after all and not hers to be rummaging around for food in. Looking down at his leg she remembered the first fall she had from a tree and couldn't help but smile as she knelt down to get a better look.

"You're going to have a beaut of a scar there. Of course if your folks heal you with magic you won't, which is a shame because battle scars of the playground are really cool" she sat down on the ground infront of him and rolled up the leg of her pants to her shin, there was a long silver line running the length of it.
"I got that when I was seven. I climbed this brilliant sycamore tree, went nearly to the top of it and everything but it's always harder climbing downwards but I didn't know that. I lost my footing on a branch and fell. Whacked myself on a few other branches on the way down too. Cracked two ribs and broke my leg. Bone jutted out and everything. It was really cool" she began expressing it all with her hands, using sound effects to enhance the story of the bone breaking and blood spluttering, "I fainted too. It happens and it's nothing to be ashamed of."

She paused in the telling of her story as she recalled that she had nobody with her that day. A frown creased her brow, the trek back to her grandparents house had been a slow and agonising one. She had to stop at least five times though it had only been a mile walk, a walk she had done on numerous occasions before and after that day in a very short time. There had been no parents there to magically heal her, though the weekend before they had arrived out of the blue telling tales of the remarkable abilities of the healers at a hospital called St. Mungos. Well where were those healers now. The rip in her jeans with blood everywhere and the bone protruding had nearly made her grandmother pass out, it had taken all of Trinities strength and courage to get herself back to them. She had been strapped into the car immediately only to cry out in pain as her hand had shot to her side. Two weeks later, she was hobbling about with the best of them. Seven months later, the cast had come off and she had the coolest scar ever.

"You take all the rest you want, we'll get to your home eventually. I just don't want you losing too much blood".

As Trinity apologised, the two of them made their way over to the bench and proceeded to sit down. Having placed his bag next to him, Trinity leant down and took a closer look at his leg; and smiled. Listening to the girl speak once more, Tony began to rummage around in his bag for a number of sandwiches, which he placed on the seat next to him. When Trinity mentioned having a scar, Tony thought for a moment. Would he really want a scar on his leg. Would he really want a reminder of the day he was having. He already had several scars on the inside, so another would be too much. Tony knew after arriving home, Joanne would heal his wound; just like each of his family had many times before.

Trinity had sat on the floor in front of him now, and rolled up her trouser leg; showing off a scar of her own. It looked pretty cool. As the words left Trinity's lips, Tony could only listen in awe. This girl was amazing. She loved to climb things as he did. Regardless of whether he fell off or not, Tony enjoyed the climbing. Sitting up on the bench, Tony wondered if Trinity also enjoyed exploring. Maybe the two of them where similar. Then it hit him. She was becoming more like Amy every second. Tony began to close up. She had left him, and without any explanation as to why. Tony started to feel anger towards Trinity now, as she sat creating sound effects and hand signals of her bones breaking. Hearing the girl mention fainting, Tony simply wished he would do so again. He wanted to get away before she left too. It would only be a matter of time before he would be hurt again.

Catching Trinity's final words, Tony looked up at her. Blood. His leg was still bleeding, and badly now. Cursing, Tony fumbled in his bag for the stupid blanket he had brought with him, and proceeded to mop at the slightly sticky substance covering his leg. Pouring a small amount of water over the wound, Tony continued to wash away the dirt and drying blood; before un-tying Trinity's rag of tee-shirt, and moving it onto the wound. Wrapping it around his leg, Tony pulled it into a tight knot; not bothering to flinch this time. The pain simply meant he still had any feeling at all.

After a few moments, and having rinsed his hands, Tony offered a sandwich to Trinity; and took one for himself. Turkey had been in his aunties fridge from the night before, and there was no reason to waste it. Eyeing the girl in front of him more closely, Tony though it a good time to answer some of her previous questions. "I don't really have a favourite colour. But I guess anything light is nice.". Tony thought of the designs his auntie created for her clients. She had great taste in colours. "Tree climber?" Tony repeated. "I prefer to climb rocks; or old buildings. Trees only allow me to go one way.". Ever since Tony had learnt to scramble over objects he was attempting to climb bigger ones. The old ruins allowed for multiple routes to the top, and then back down again. trees where never that exciting to him. "I fall over more than four times a day." Tony laughed. This was the first laughter he had allowed escape since his descent down the slide. He knew if he didn't laugh at his problem, it would drag him downwards; in a never ending spiral of self-hatred.

Taking another bite of his sandwich, Tony paused with his answers; and looked out across the park. The sun was still shining, and it was a glorious day. After another bite of the sandwich, Tony took a drink of water; and returned his attention to Trinity. Trinity had mentioned a kite. Tony had never really flown one before, but had seen other people with them whilst walking back at home. They never really interested him much. An object fighting to be released, so it could soar through the air and be free. Tony felt like a kite. The anger he held inside was his string. He knew he needed someone to cut it for him. "I don't really like kites." Tony spoke. Sighing, Tony looked into the distance once more.

Trinity listened to Tony rattle everything off as she munched on the sandwich he had given her. She squinted up one eye and looked at him as if he was bonkers now.
"Are you serious?" she asked in between mouthfuls, "Trees are so interesting, think of the branches. You can go sideways on them no problem. The best way to climb trees is by going to a forest where they're all clumped together, you jump or climb from one branch on a tree to a different tree. It's difficult but what isn't?" she shrugged, she was only just mastering it herself and had plenty of black and blue marks to show for her efforts.

"Tony I really don't know how we managed to be friends, it's probably a good thing that we became friends before we found out what we like" she teased solemnly, "Maybe I'll show you how to make a kite someday."
To Trinity it was the closest she would get to flying, that and climbing trees or in a muggle airplane because one thing was for sure there was no way anyone was getting her up on a broom.

"Should we make another move now?" she was worried about him, that leg was still bleeding up a storm. He needed it healed right away before he got too weak altogether, "do you think you can stand again?"

Attempting to focus on a couple walking their dog, Tony's vision became slightly blurry. He turned his head back towards the girl sat on the floor, as she mentioned trees where easy to jump across. Scowling slightly, Tony wondered if she realised why he wasn't keen on trees. "You may have noticed my ability to balance isn't all that good." he grumbled at the girl. "I don't know why we are friends either." Tony retorted, anger ran through his voice now. In truth, he really had no idea other than her staying to make sure he was okay.

Trinity made her intentions to take him home pretty clear. At that moment, Tony wanted nothing more than to go home himself. "Okay." Tony responded to her. "Home it is.". Stuffing the items back into his bag, Tony pushed himself up; and once again felt dizzy from the act. Wobbling slightly, Tony grabbed a-hold of the bench to steady himself. Placing the bag on his back, Tony extended his hand to Trinity.

She watched the dog go by as well for a moment before her attention turned back to Tony who seemed to have gotten a chip on his shoulder all of a sudden but Trinity took no notice of the change in his attitude. The guy was in pain, of course he was going to get all snarky with her. She had that day on the way to the hospital with her grandparents, she had even told them to shut up something which she had never done before and never had since and had spent every day afterwards making up to them for it, though they had let it go knowing she had been in considerable pain.

Trinity figured she could be just as forgiving and tolerant and merely smiled at him.
"You know, if you can climb buildings and rocks you need some kind of balance for those as well" she stuck her tongue out at him when he agreed that he didn't know why they were friends either, "Well actually I do know smarty. It's because we balance each other out. Friends are suppose to do that aren't they? We don't have to like everything the other does, that'd get mighty boring fairly fast wouldn't it and then what would we have to talk about by the time we're graduating? Of course you'll probably have scaled the school walls by then or something".

She grinned at him now as she stood up, immediately she reached for the hand he held out to her. He wobbled and Trinity was there at his side instantly.
"You can do this. Don't faint on me again" she all but begged him but her voice had also a strength in it that she was trying to impart to him, trying until she could only beg again, "Please. We can stay here a while longer but I'm so afraid you'll bleed out before I can get you any help."

How could she explain that she didn't want anything bad to happen to him, that she needed him to stick around. Instead she simply took the bag from him and slung it over her own shoulder as she allowed him to lean on her if he needed too.

Before Tony had stood up, Trinity mentioned graduating. His attention and interest was sparked slightly. Tony couldn't wait to graduate from the school he had to attend for the next seven years. After graduation, he could go anywhere; do anything. Magic would be his tool to use. Trinity's comment made Tony smile. He wondered if it would be possible for him to climb the school.

Almost instantaneously, Trinity had taken Tony's hand. Her words seemed to beg him not to pass out once more. With his vision becoming blurry, and his head feeling lighter; Tony knew he was likely to. His open wound was losing plenty of blood still, and Tony knew he didn't have much to begin with. Tony could feel the bag slide from his back. Trinity had opted to carry it again. Leaning into her, mostly to avoid collapsing; but also to feel close to someone, Tony began to walk. His aunties house wasn't too far away now. Surely she would be home when they arrived.

Trinity was glad when he leaned on her once again, she attempted to carry most of his weight so that he wouldn't put any unnecessary pressure on his leg. She exhaled deeply and began to help him along once more. Time seemed to tick along rather slowly but it did tick along.

"Tony are we nearly there yet?" she suddenly knew they probably were and felt suddenly deflated, wanting now to prolong the situation a bit though it wasn't the best solution for him.
"Will your folks be at home?" she hoped they wouldn't be because parents usually asked about other parents and she didn't want to talk about hers at all. Trinity stopped as they reached a gate and turned to him almost shyly.
"Will I see you again before school starts? what if we don't get the same house? Will you still talk to me?"
The questions wanted to tumble from her like a torrential down pour but she didn't want to lose out now on the first friend she had made in forever.

Several long moments seemed to pass as the friends continued on their journey towards Tony's aunties. The longevity of the journey was relieved some-what as Trinity spoke, asking if they where nearly at their destination. Before Tony could answer no, Trinity once again asked whether his family be at home. The only person he wanted to see right now was his mother. She knew how to heal his wounds with care. If Tony was to see his father now. He forced the image from his mind. No matter how hard he tried, Tony could never remember what had happened that day back in his garden.

Reaching a gate, Tony placed his hand upon it; about to push it open as Trinity turned towards him. Her words where enough to know she wouldn't leave him any time soon. Without realising it, Tony squeezed the sparkly eyed girls hand. "A house is just a house. We'll still see each other in school.". Tony's insides where screaming at him now. His in-ability to trust, to become close, was being tested by this girl. His body was screaming no, to run; his head was screaming to wait, think it through for a few days; but his heart was screaming yes, to make a much needed friend.

"Just up the path.". Tony pointed with his free hand. "It leads to the close.". What if his auntie wasn't at home. What could Tony do. He would need to call her. Or his mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back