Basking in my Nothingness

She felt reassured by his words but just barely. Things happened in life, she knew this better than anyone. What if her grandparents decided she would be better off back in Ireland closer to her parents, whether they wanted her or not. There was so many grey areas in life and Trinity was tired of them. She wanted security and reassurance that all would be well, that their friendship would last past the summer, past today.

Looking up past the gate through to the close, she walked further with him.
"I'm glad we'll still see eachother, I mean you're the only person I know" she wasn't going to admit just yet that she usually didn't make friends quite so fast if at all. Soon they arrived at the door of the house and she waited to see if he would simply enter or ring the doorbell or something. She was nervous now and really hoped that they weren't in though that meant she would have to take care of Tony and his leg by her own means.

Walking up the path, the pair found themselves on the road which snaked around each of the houses. If each house belong to the same person, the whole place could be classed as one huge estate. As they neared his aunties home, Trinity's words once more reached Tony's ears. Tony was happy to be able to see her again, he had only met one other person who he would be happy to talk to again. Heading up the large driveway, Tony reached out for the door; and pushed on the handle.

A feeling of relief flooded through him as the door opened. His auntie was home. Stepping inside, Tony released Trinity's hand; and taking a-hold of the door frame, called out for his auntie.

Trinity turned to look at him as he opened the door. So this was it, they would have to say goodbye now. She was already going to be in serious trouble for being this late but it had been worth every minute. Of course she would never intentionally wish harm to him but his injury had meant that she got to spend more time with him.

"Someone's home then huh? Well that's lucky" she smiled, lowering the bag from her shoulder. She glanced at his leg and winced, the blood had made a nice path down his leg and congealed. Well that was a good sign in itself wasn't it? Trinity very carefully realised her grip on him though she still kept her arm about him for support until which ever one of his parents showed up.

At hearing her nephews voice, Joanne wondered why he was calling out to her. It wasn't something he usually done, choosing instead to slunk around keeping to himself. Peering out of the kitchen, Joanne caught sight of her nephew holding onto the door frame; and then of a young girl holding on to him. "Oh no!" where the words which escaped Joanne's lips. Dropping the plate she had a-hold of, she rushed towards the front door; only to be met with the sight of a huge wound on her nephews leg.

"Tony. What have you fell off of this time?" Joanne half asked, half shouted with worry. "Come in-side. We need to clean you up.". As she took her nephew around the waist, Joanne gave a glance towards the young girl. "Please. Come in. You can phone your parents if you need to. I have to see to this buffoon." Joanne told her, indicating towards the phone situated by the stairs. Leading her nephew towards the kitchen, Joanne knew a few flicks of her wand would have him healed up in no time.

Seconds after he had shouted for his auntie, he saw her head appear through the kitchen. Not realising Trinity had spoken, Tony watched his auntie rush towards him as if something serious had happened. A wounded leg wasn't all that serious for him. He had had many injuries before this one, and each time he had came out fine. Tony couldn't find a second to speak, as his auntie began to flap frantically; wanting to get him in-side to heal his gashed leg. Hearing his auntie invite trinity in, Tony turned to give the girl a smile; but stopped when he was referred to as a buffoon. Scowling slightly, Tony followed his aunties lead towards the kitchen.

Trinity watched as a woman came frantically over to tend to 'the buffoon' dragging Tony away in a flurry of worry and determination to tend to the wound. She smiled, the woman was funny and Trinity so knew she was going to call him a buffoon especially if it made him scowl like that. Directing her to a telephone, Trinity made her way over to it and stood there looking at it for a few moments taking the ladies words very seriously. How could she phone her parents? They didn't do telephones, never had. As if her brain finally caught up with her, she glanced quickly to make sure they were out of ear shot before dialling her grandparents house. The phone rang twice, three times and finally was answered.

"Hello"
the brusqe tones of her grandfather sounded down the line.

"Hey grandad, something happened. Sorry I'm late. I'm going to be a bit later still though"

"Slow down Trinity. Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm ok but I made a friend today but he got really badly hurt. His leg got all broken up and there was blood everywhere and...."

"Trinity hang on your gran wants a word"
some muffled words and the movement of the phone passing from one person to the other.
Trinity smiled knowing that they were having a tiny spat about who should talk and who should pick her up and whether or not she was fine. Eventually her grandmother spoke.

"Trinity, are you alright love?"

"Gran I'm grand, just sorry that I didn't get back in time. Tony fell off the monkey bars and hurt his leg and there was no one to help us, so I had to bring him back to his house by myself. His mother said I could use the phone" she blurted out. It was just as well that her grandmother spoke as fast as Trinity did, otherwise they'd be in fierce trouble trying to keep up.

"Can you put his mother on the phone love, we just need to get the address so we can come and collect you. It's getting late and we don't want you out past dusk" she told her in a comforting tone.

"Sure gran, I'll get her" Trinity put the phone down on the table and walked in to where she heard voices.
"My gran wants a word, she just needs the address so they can come and pick me up".
She stuffed her hands into her pockets and smiled at the lady and then at Tony, mouthing the word 'buffoon' with a silly grin on her face.

Reaching the kitchen, Tony was pushed into a seat as his auntie pulled out her wand and began to mutter incantations. Laying back in the chair slightly, Tony felt a tingle run through his leg as the wound began to heal. Several moments past before the sensation subsided. "Care to tell me what happened then?". Tony looked up and was met with a huge grin from his auntie. No matter how many injuries he came home with, his family always patched him up and sent him out again. "I just fell of some monkey-bar things." Tony shrugged. "I think I past out for a bit. I saw Amy.". Tony stopped.

Catching movement in the corner of his eye, Tony tilted his head and noticed Trinity walking in to the kitchen. As she spoke to his auntie, Tony wondered if she was going to leave. Fear ran through him now. She was going to leave.

As his auntie left the kitchen, Tony caught Trinity mouthing the word buffoon to him. Scowling again, Tony spoke to her. "What time are you leaving.".

She shrugged at his question and sat down beside him.
"Not sure, the grandparents are pretty shaken. I'm well over three hours late, was kind of lucky they didn't ring the police to send out a search party. I'm sure they'll let me stay a bit longer. It'd only take about twenty minutes by car to get here, I think" she rambled, not really wanting to go.

"So all healed up then?" she had noticed there was now no blood, "Your mom seems nice."
She looked down towards where she was on the phone and wondered what they were talking about. Maybe she could convince them to leave her here for the rest of the evening but it seemed unlikely. They were old and exhausted by the worrying they had just gone through. They wouldn't say so of course but she could hear it in their voices.
"You trying to get rid of me then?"

Leaning to the side slightly as Trinity sat beside him, Tony listened to her once more. The young girl could really talk. Shrugging, Tony nodded at her question. "Yup. It tingled a bit.". Tony almost shouted in shock. His mother. Before he could look around the kitchen, he realised Trinity hadn't known who his auntie was. Sitting up, Tony turned towards her. "Umm. I'm staying with my auntie.". Tony couldn't remember if he had already told her that fact when they first met. Trinity's final words caused Tony to smile. Several times through the day he had wished to get rid of her, but now; he wanted the girl to stay. "I was. You're like a bug.". Tony flapped his hand towards Trinity. For the first time since Amy had left, Tony felt relaxed. He could truly be close to someone.

"I have spoken to your grand-parents, and they shall be here to collect you shortly.". The words flooded into Tony's ears. Trinity had to leave. Placing his hand down, Tony looked at the girl; and sighed.

Trinity clammed up instantly when he mentioned that he was staying with his aunt, were his parents like his or were they even alive? She thought back quickly over every word they had said to one another and she couldn't recall him like her ever mentioning his parents. She left it drop instantly, laughing as he called her a bug. Trinity gave him a slight nudge with her elbow as she giggled.
"I'm not a bug, if I was I'd be all over you just to really annoy you" she stuck her tongue out just as his aunt came in to let her know that her grandparents would be there shortly.
She sighed, this really meant she would have to leave him then. The time seemed to fly by just when she least wanted it to and in no time at all there was a ring at the door. Trinity stood up and shuffled her feet a little.

"I guess that's me gone then" she grimaced slightly. Turning to go to the door she turned back hurriedly and smiling at him threw her arms about her new friend.
"I'll see you soon, bye Tony" with a quick wink she ran down the hall saying goodbye to his aunt and shouting out to Tony to mind his leg before opening the door to her grandparents.

Tony's heart began to deflate as the door-bell rang. Watching his new friend shuffle her feet, Tony knew she wanted to stay. Seeing her turn to leave, Tony began to speak when Trinity ran back; throwing her arms around him. Tony hugged her back, and mutter his own goodbye's. His eyes followed the girl as she ran towards the front door, and out of the house. "Bye." Tony whispered.

"Since when where you all mushy.". Joanne sat her self next to him. "I think a phone-call to your mam is in order.". Laughter was in her voice. Tony smiled at her. "Can we have dinner?". Watching his auntie nod, Tony slid off the chair, and headed up-stairs to clean up. Tony was already making plans to see Trinity once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back