Basket of Apples

Blake Blackwell

OOC First Name
Ash
Wand
Rigid Aspen Wood Wand 14" with Basilisk Skin
Loraine Chamberlain was the name on his mind and it had been for months, after seeing Eustacia he finally convinced her to take him to the address that his mother lived claiming she had a way to make her talk to him, it had cost him at least seven bottles of his finest wine, but it would be worth it. His hands in his pockets he followed the woman up the very steep driveway of the block of land located just outside Brightstone, he looked around as he walked, the back of the property was lined with large trees, he could see the large house standing nearby and tried to study the format to look for decorations on windows, toys outside, if he had any brothers or sisters from the house, but he couldn't see anything, the house looked pristine, he looked to the top floor and saw a figure in the window, long brown hair and a pretty face, he half smiled, she was quite attractive but his thoughts were quickly locked away when he realized that she might be his aunt or sister or something, if this was Loraine's house. Blake moved to walk next to Eustacia 'So what is the plan here Eustacia? How will you get Loraine to talk to me, she might not want any contact with me?' he had so many questions going through his mind, he didn't know how this would play out, Eustacia had been keeping to herself about the entire situation, he knew she would probably tell him to trust her but this wasn't her family she was dealing with it was his, his entire life.

As he turned to walk towards the front door, he looked and noticed a Basket ball on the front verandah and a small child's Pram with a toy sitting in it, he raised an eyebrow, his mother was too old by his calculations to have an more children, unless she had him when she was very young at 15 and that's why she was never apart of his life, more thoughts flooded his mind and he pulled one hand out of his pockets and rubbed his forehead, it was giving him a headache.

Eustacia wrinkled her nose as she bitterly approached the distant house, her companion trailing along at her heels. With Brightstone Village fading behind the two with each step, the woman's mind reeled over the ensuing scenario, attempting to judge every possibility. It wouldn't be too hard to get what she was there for and go, as long as she continued to play with the delusion she'd set up for the Blackwell boy. Her false conjuration of his father's spirit had worked all too well and the chances of her assumption being correct was comfortably high.

The Necromancer's eyes flickered along the building's lawn, noting the array of junk lying around from the owners youngest sibling. "How filthy." she muttered to herself, as Blake caught up to her strides and inquired about her "plan" for his mother's co-operation.
"There is no plan, dear Blackwell. Just trust me, I'm sure she'll be quite delighted to see you, after all these years." She responded, turning her head slightly to look at the wizard, the hem of her hood partially obscuring her faux-gentle smile. "Besides, most people tend to talk when I want them to."

The two stopped at the top of the veranda stairs, looking towards the front door. Eustacia had seen her vile relative through the upper window, which was a good sign that her grandson was also around. Perfect. "I suppose I'll knock, then." She sighed, taking a final step forward and rapping her gloved knuckles on the wood's surface.

Scarlet was on the floor of her bedroom, her long brown hair falling over her childish face, Kida smiled sweetly at her Daughter, her life was going quite nicely until she decided to look out the window to see how the weather was, she only wanted to see if it wasn't cloudy so Scarlet could go run around outside without getting rained on but instead she got a glance of her distant relative Eustacia, she crinkled her nose and turned around, she had to get Aeon to stay in his room so she could get rid of Eustacia and the man she had brought with him. Kida hoped Eustacia wasn't trying brute force this time around, she didn't need things broken.

Diving through the door way she landed easily on her soft pads before sprinting down the stairs in her Animagus form, she stopped suddenly in front of Aeons door and pushed it open with her front legs and growled under her breath at him, she had half hoped that she had scared him, nudging the door closed behind her Kida transfigured back and snapped her fingers at Aeon, for some reason she was lost for words 'Aeon' she hissed under her breath, brushing her long brown hair out of her face 'You Relative is here, and i suggest you stay in your room until she's gone, or so help me i will make you stay here, got it' Kida had adapted the typical mother ways, she had the common hand pointed and at Aeon and a stern look on her face if to say I Dare you to challenge my word you know you'll regret it

Hearing a Knock on the door the Witch turned around and opened the door behind her 'Stay' she said looking at Aeon giving him a glare before closing the door behind her 'Ashton!' she called out 'Get the door for me will you?' hoping that he would do the typical thing he always does and not get it so she can ignored them, climbing the stairs she suddenly regretted the idea, Ashton had been getting Perseus to do things for him lately and he probably would answer the door as well.
Kida shook her head and jumped up the stairs to check on Scarlet.

Ashton Rolled out of Bed, with Perseus at school he was asleep and he couldn't bring himself to wake the little guy, not now anyway. Closing his laptop he placed it on the bed and grunted before pulling on his pants that were on the floor almost falling over once or twice in the process, he knew that Kida was a mother, but it wasn't an excuse to not get the door, Scarlet was almost 4 now anyway. Without a shirt he strolled to his door and lazily swung it open, he was far to busy to care right now anyway. 'Hey! Someones at the door, believe it or not' he called out as he walked to the front door his feet stomping against the polished wood floors trying to be sarcastic and give Kida the hint that she could of answered it herself.

Ashton swung the door open and saw the guy there and an old women in a hood next to him 'Right, This isn't a Church so if you want to get married go find one, if not My Sister will be down to cordially greet you, go to the lounge' he said taking a step back and pointing to his left which was the lounge room, he then left them there and turned around walking back to his bedroom down the hall, he didn't care what they wanted but he knew that Kida would sort them out, running his hands through his hair, a family trait he opened his door and strolled into his room, his bare feet making a softer sound on the ground as he stepped onto carpet before shutting the door behind him.
He almost fell onto his bed when he realized he had forgot to tell Kida. Spinning on his heels he walked towards the door again and opened poking his head out slightly 'They're in the Lounge my Darling Sister, please greet your guests' the Sarcasm very evident on his voice, he wasn't used to being awake at this time anyway, he was a night owl.

Aeon was seated crossed legged on his bed, wand in hand as multiple small brushes floated around his pillow to groom the pet puffskeins who were nestled there, when his door was pushed open, a wolf growling menacingly on the other side. The wizard gave a start, his hand reactively moving to his heart which had skipped a beat or two. At the same time, the custard coloured fluff balls hummed in fear and bounced for his lap, shaking. It only took a moment for him to settle down and realise it was just his cousin, dramatic as usual. "Merlin, Kida, what are you-" he started, when she cut him off and explained that his grandmother had arrived at the house, warning him not to leave his room. "You can't just ground me." he replied, voice rising with irritation, but the look on Kida's face told him not to bother argue it, she was far too stubborn anyway. After all, if Eustacia was here to see him, she'd probably get through. "Fine. Just handle it." he sighed, watching the door close once again and listening to the girls footsteps fade away. I hope she knows what she's doing.

Eustacia listened as the house's occupants argued inaudibly inside, a smile touching her lips. The girl's household seemed utterly chaotic, run entirely by young brats with no idea of what they were doing. Visits would always bring her some form of amusement, it seemed, muggle trash aside. "Feeling nervous at all, dear? Seconds away from meeting long lost family, oh! I do hope things go well for you." The dark witch half turned toward her companion, her smile widening, deep red lipstick stretching across her features. From her daughter's and grandchildren's exaggerated complaints, the household seemed to have a new, long lost relative turn up at the doorstep at least once a year. Eustacia was happy to keep up the tradition for them. "Make sure to keep nice, even breaths. Wouldn't want to panic and create a bad first impression."

The door swung open and Kida's half-brother, or at least one of them, popped up at its entrance, everything about him an untidy mess. If she recalled correctly, it was midday, though the young man looked as though he'd just woken up.
Ashton's sarcastic wedding comment wiped the previous smile off of Eustacia's face, once again a thin, straight line. It was hardly a surprise that a brother of Kida was so intellectually challenged. "Traditionally, white is the worn colour." she replied evenly, shrugging her dark hood onto her back. The slothful wizard hadn't recognised her, though they had only met once prior. Glad that he'd retreated back to his cave, she strode into the house with Blackwell and towards the loungeroom, careful not to dirty herself on the furniture. "Such a pleasant man. Your relatives sure are charming, no?"

Slapping her hand on her forehead when Ashton said that he had let them in, obviously not awake enough to realize who he had just let into the house, she moved her hands the back of her neck and sighed giving her neck a bit of a crack, she looked down at Scarlet who had fallen asleep on one of her plushies and sighed, she had no reason to avoid them now. Rolling her eyes Kida walked downstairs to the front of the house, taking her time about it, she knew Eustacia thought everything in her house was disgusting and muggle so she wouldn't have to be worried about her breaking anything, and the man with her would follow her obviously. Making her way into the door way of the lounge she smiled at Eustacia 'Eustacia, what on earth have i done to receive this visit' she said resisting the urge to clench her teeth, she looked over Eustacias shoulder at the man 'Too frightened to come alone now?' she added as she gestured to the couches, if she could get this over and done with quickly she wouldn't have to worry about having to draw her wand, she really had to figure out a way to charm the house so that Eustacia couldn't get in.

Kida folded her legs under her and leaned against the arm of the couch where she sat 'Please, enlighten me to what horrible thing i did to deserve this today, Honestly Eustacia, I have a child to take care of, Perseus is coming home from school soon and I have Quidditch Practice in the morning, The Charmers are going really well and i have to train a new Beater soon, Why do i have to waste hours dealing with you' Kida waited for a response, she knew Eustacia would come up with some clever reason for being here.

Blake was listening to Eustacia's soothing words when he heard the commotion happening inside the house, he had heard a boy and a girl talking and a few doors opening and closing, but the voice sounded very young, nothing like he expected his mothers to sound. Blake looked at the door and jumped when it opened, there was a shirtless boy a bit younger than him on the other side who looked like he had just woken up, he didn't say a word and let Eustacia speak before following her in and closing the front door behind him.

He sat down on the couch and looked up at Eustacia 'He's related to me?' he asked puzzled, Eustacia seemed to know a bit more about his family than she first let on, he looked away when he realized he shouldn't be questioning her, she knew what she was doing. Hearing a girls voice from the door way he stood up, could this be his mother? He looked at her for a bit, she didn't look like she had any work done she looked like she was in her early twenties and looked oddly familiar, Eustacia and the girl spoke and he sat down slowly while there was an exchange of words, he didn't know what was going on between the two, but the girl mentioned quidditch an his brain clicked, the girl in front of him was the Owner and head beater of the Tuscan Charmers a new team to quidditch which had been doing quite well. Blake looked at Eustacia and back to The girl and waited for someone to fill him in, it was obvious that the girl wasn't his mother, there was no way he was older than her by a few years.

Eustacia greeted her extended family with a slight nod of her head, returning Kida's sickly pleasant smile. "Such a pleasure to see you too, child. However, for once, you haven't done anything directly to cause this visit." she informed the younger witch, though the sentence felt out of place when directed at her grandson's cousin. "As for fear? That's all too laughable. You're clearly still far too young and naive, it's a wonder you've survived for this long." the witch blinked, bringing up Kida's previous encounters with the dark arts at the back of her mind. Whatever the reasons for her endurance, the same outcome would not occur if the circumstances were Eustacia wanting Kida dead.
"I suggest you don't make the mistake of underestimating me. Especially when you have so much to lose." she warned, voice conveying a more disinterested tone. The young these days all thought they were the best of the best, which tended to be the factor that got them all killed or injured. Evident by the influx of wizards into St Mungos each day, their own misguided arrogance putting them into an unfortunate situation.

"Now, moving on. I don't quite care for your personal troubles, Miss Frost. Especially involving your children or that god awful team of yours, so do avoid even mentioning them in future." Eustacia muttered with a wave of her hand, pushing the comments aside. "No, I'm here because this young man I've brought here today," the Necromancer gestured at Blackwell, who was seated and looked utterly confused. "Is the son of one Loraine Chamberlain." she finished with an air of dramatic flair, beaming at them both.

Kida had learned that after a while it was a lot easier to just ignore what Eustacia started to say, all of it was lies anyway and it ended up causing more dramas than anything. Kida smiled and nodded to what Eustacia said but kept her focus on the Man who was sitting opposite her, she was far more interesting, Eustacia said she wasn't scared so what was the man there for. Kida changed her Focus back onto Eustacia 'For Someone of said Good Breeding, You sure get your titles wrong Eustacia' she said politely 'It's Ms, and soon to be Mrs' Eustacia always called her Miss Frost which annoyed her, Kida held up her left and and used her thumb to tap her ring finger before continuing with the conversation and resting her hand back in her lap.

'Please Continue' she said kind of waiting for Eustacia to tell her she wanted to take Aeon but it never happened, instead she was here because of the man beside her, Kida looked back at the man and blinked a few time when he was introduced to her as the son of her mother, she looked back at Eustacia 'No... No.' she said not believing what Eustacia said, she stood up and walked over to the man and grabbed his chin and turned his face from side to side 'Not Possible, Ashton is my oldest Half-Brother' she added before letting go of his face before walking back to the couch and leaning against it 'No, Its probably a trick, We can go get a paternity test, but until then i don't believe you' she said keeping her focus on the man whom she didn't know the name of.

'I'm Kida, Kida Frost, If Eustacia is telling the truth which is extremely doubtful because she wants something when ever she is over here..' Kida paused for a moment 'However, If she is telling the truth, that makes you my oldest half-brother, the guy who let you in is also your half brother his name is Ashton and our youngest half-brother who is in his second year of school is named Perseus, Our mother is Loraine Chamberlain, so its not impossible.' she said waiting to see how the unnamed man would handle it.

Blake was losing his patience with everything that was going on, so the girl wasn't her mother, Eustacia knew more about his family than she let on, and apparently she had dealings with this family before, but not good ones, but she was looking out for him right?. Blake looked at the girl when she showed off her ring and he raised an eyebrow, but kept his mouth shut, he hadn't had a reason until Eustacia said the obvious that he was Loraine Chamberlains son, but the girl seemed to respond differently.

The Girl started denying that it was possible followed by wanting to have a paternity test done to confirm, Blake knew if Eustacia said so it was the truth, he trusted her. The girl grabbed his face and moved it as if to examine him and he allowed it, once she finally Introduced herself as Kida Frost and listed her half brothers he stood up 'What?!' he exclaimed loudly, he expected to find Loraine not that he has 2 half brothers and a half sister. Blake stepped back towards the Doorway 'No, No way, My Father Loved my Mother, she left when i was very young, but it wasn't for another man, my father would have told me, my parents were meant for each other' he paused for a moment running his hands through his hair 'My Parents loved each other' he said, Blake walked over to Kida and stared down at her, he studied her closely, they had different colored eyes and skin tones, and she had a crescent shaped scar on her left hand, She had brown hair and his was Blonde, They didn't look a thing alike, but then again the boy who let them in didn't look anything like either of them 'We don't look the same' he said and went back to the front door 'No, Eustacia you're wrong, My Father loved my mother!' his voice was getting louder, he felt as if his idea of his family was being crushed 'My Mother left because my family didn't approve, that's what my Grandmother said' he accidentally walked backwards into the door frame and froze.

Kida's reaction was immediate, the young witch utterly baffled by the information, her face flashing with a confusion that mirrored Blakes. Eustacia slowly circled the two, heels sinking into the carpet with each step around the lounges. The response gave her a strange sense of pleasure, if anything it was taken as negative news, which the necromancer relished. "My dear, you can't ignore the truth. Ashton is only the eldest that you knew of. Does this honestly come as a surprise to you?" she laughed, whilst Kida raved about how she thought it was a trick and didn't believe a word of it, though still introduced herself in detail to the complete stranger. "Quite a lot of information you're giving out about yourself, considering you say you believe that I'm lying. You know nothing of this man, yet you've given out names and included your young, darling Perseus' school. It's a good thing Mr Blackwell is who I say, then. Go on, take a paternity test, see for yourself."

Blackwell's reaction was equally as sad as his "sister"'s. The Necromancer's lips twitched into a frown, though she felt nothing for the wizard. "Oh, my. Dear, dear Blake, I'm so sorry that this has all come to light. I can't imagine how you must feel, to be betrayed like that by the people you love. Your father, your grandmother, it appears that everyone has been keeping secrets from you." the witch stopped her circling, now on the side closest to her grandson's room, though she made no move to go there. She shifted her cane from one hand to both, clasping her palms on its top as she looked between the two, an expression of false pity plastered on her face. "Such is life. Always full of unfortunate twists and turns." she tsked, shaking her head slowly.

Opening and closing her mouth a few times Kida was shocked, not something she had expected, she thought she had a good handle on her family now. 'don't feel bad, we all thought our parents loved each other, and it was the truth I believe, our mother just didn't like magic' she said before pausing slightly, she wasn't sure if this man was magical or not, she just assumed that if their mother left his father he was of magical descent. Kida stood when Blake did she wanted to comfort him, paternity test paternity test or not he was in her house and therefore was her responsibility. Kida notice Eustacia move and she raised her hand 'You can stay seated or leave my house, your choice, but if you go upstairs I will bite your head off' she said as a warning, she was planning on getting some research done on blood deals for the house only allowing certain people to use magic inside the boundaries, maybe when she wasn't so busy.

Kida walked over to Blake and raised her hand to him for him to take 'come with me, Eustacia can go home and ill introduce you to everyone then if you're up for it we will go and get a paternity test done' she said trying to push Eustacia out of the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back