Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Mahogany, 14 1/2", Essence of Demiguise hair, Bendy
Lily walked out from the tiny guest bedroom, stretching her arms as she moved. Estrella may really be her niece-in-law, but she still thought of her as a sister. The former Housemates still spent as much time as possible together, and with the Quidditch season over for the next few weeks, it was much easier. She shut the door to the room so the kids would not wander in and bother the sleeping hulk of a husband that remained in the bed, snoring contentedly away.

Crossing down the hall to the kitchen, Lily was not surprised to see the youngest members of the household in their highchairs, munching away on a bowl of cereal each. "Morning Seth, Morning Slade," she croaked out before taking a seat at the table and pouring herself a glass of orange juice. Swallowing just a mouthful of the acidy liquid, she looked at her friend and smiled. "So, what exactly are we planning on doing today?"

Estrella was always happy to have visitors. Even though she was too proud to admit it, she was lonely. As sharp as her children were, there was a void they just couldn't fill. The former Ravenclaw needed contact with someone who didn't depend on her. Intelligent conversation was easy to take for granted.

She waved her hand at the oven. While the first dial flipped to Bake, the second switched to the right temperature. Aunt Maggie might be a muggle, but her homemade bread would crush any magical homemaker's excuse for grains. The soon-to-be-baked dough would go well with tonight's dinner.

"Why don't we wake up Sumner, tell him he's babysitting, and apparate to the beach before he jumps out of bed?" Estrella suggested.

Lily took a drink of her juice and smiled. "I think that might just be a perfect idea! I miss having the beach outside the door some days." She frowned a moment about having moved from her first apartment with Courtney, Kale and Ford. Being the only married one in the house of teammates was not the easiest, especially when Sumner's job was in England and hers were in New Zealand. He ended up spending more time travelling than she did and it was wearing on the pair of them. The cute little cottage they had found in Canada was near enough to Tristan and Julie, but yet far enough away that they would not be bothered every day.

Suddenly, a grumbling sound was heard from Lily's belly followed by a noise that no one other than her husband and former roommates had heard in the past. Her face flushed red as a tomato. "I am so sorry, Stray, I have no idea where that came from!" Tears flooded her eyes, threatening to spill over from her embarrassment. Her stomach threatened to let loose with another sound. "I think I might need some food before we go. My tummy is not feeling the best this morning."

Estrella grinned at her friend. Shame wasn't allowed under this roof. Opening the ice box and pawing through it, she asked, "Well, what do you want, Burpy? Do I need to fly you to St. Mungo's?" If Lily was going to be embarrassed, it was Estrella's duty as friend and family to embarrass her more.

Olivia and Lydia wandered into the kitchen for their fix of cereal and fruit. Their mother turned them away with instructions to jump on Uncle Sumner and teach him the nursery rhymes they'd just learned. It was about time that giant brute rolled out of bed and crashed through the floor.

Sumner Drage stirred and rolled to his back with a sigh before settling deeper into the down pillows. The morning sunlight washed over him and for a split second he allowed his eyes to slit open. For a moment he was disoriented by the different room then a low chuckle rumbled his bare chest before they slammed shut. Two little angels snuck into the room...as quietly as two toddlers could. His stomach muscles tightened right before forty-ish collective pounds landed with high pitched rebel yells.

He ignored the flash, the twinge, of pain that would never leave his heart as he gathered them close. Would their lost baby have shrieked in laughter that rivaled Angels choir...smelled as sweet...as his precious little great nieces?

Olivia under one arm and Lydia under the other like muggle footballs, he walked into the kitchen. With an eyebrow raised, he asked, "Okay, which one do we cook first?"

"No, we don't need a trip to St. Mungo's goofball," Lily said to the older girl. Ever since her accident and the loss of her child, Estrella would tease her lightheartedly about being pregnant and not knowing it. Every ounce of gas passed equated a need for a pregnancy test according to her niece-in-law. "I really just need food.

Lily giggled as the girls took off running to the guest room under their mom's orders. Leaving her glass on the table, she moved to make herself some toast with peanut butter on it, hoping her stomach would settle and allow the trip to the beach. She had packed along a brand new bikini that her love had yet to see and would probably be picking his eyeballs up off the ground when he did.

She took a big bite of the toast as she crossed back to her seat. When Sumner entered the room with the two girls under his arms, she almost choked from laughter. One day he was going to be the most amazing father.

Estrella shook her head and joined Lily at the table. The blonde must've not understood how babies could sneak up on parents like a pack of Blood-Sucking Bugbears. Estrella pointed her wand at the pitcher of pumpkin juice, the jug lifting and pouring a glass.

She grabbed her glass as Sumner the Smiley carried his nieces like they were feather pillows into the kitchen. "That depends," Estrella responded, bringing the liquid to her lips, "do we want them grilled or baked?"

Sumner set the girls down, chuckling as they giggled and protested being part of the morning meal. He ruffled their hair, smiled at their mama, then mosied over to Lily. He brushed a kiss over her cheek then went to open the fridge and feed the beast. "What's for breakfast?" He grabbed the milk carton, flipped the lid and took a healthy gulp. The Beater grimaced then waved it under his wife's nose. "Does this smell spoiled?"

Lily smiled as her husband crossed to her side to press a kiss to her cheek. Some might think it odd to see a simple kiss between the couple that had been so passionate since their start, but she knew better. The previous night had proved that fact beyond a shadow of a doubt. Thank goodness for silencing charms! She finished off the first piece of toast, noting that her stomach was still not right, but no longer turning somersaults like before.

Then the unthinkable happened. The carton of milk that Sumner was drinking from was shoved under her nose and she couldn't fight inhaling the scent. Lily closed her eyes as a wave of nausea washed over her, threatening to relieve her of the small amount of food in her stomach. Her skin paled and she began to sweat. "Get that out of my face!" she exclaimed, pushing the carton away from her as she realized her fight was over. Giving her oaf of a husband a shove out of the way, she just barely made it to the kitchen sink before her breakfast found a new home.

Grey eyes widened in stunned silence before panic sunk in. What the hell just happened? The carton left Sumner's fingers, he didn't care where it landed as he rushed to Lily's side. "I-I'm sorry baby!" he stammered out, brushing her hair away from her face.

Olivia's eyes widened at the scene in front of her. First she watched her uncle do something she'd gotten hollered at for oodles of times. The next thing she knew, her aunt Lily was getting sick in the kitchen sink. Hoping that her aunt would feel better, Olivia turned to her mother. "Mum, why does Uncle Sumner get to drink from the carton?" she asked.

Grimacing as she watched Sumner put his lips on the carton and Lily bark into the sink, Estrella ignored her daughter's question. The host glanced at her brother and told him, "I hope you've been practicing your housework charms, because you're on cleanup duty." It wasn't a question or even a suggestion- it was an order. She could do that kind of thing, being the eldest and all.

Estrella rose from the table and put a hand on Lily's back. "You sure no one's in the oven?"

Tears filled Lily's eyes. Why was she getting sick this morning? Was it something in what she ate last night? She started to think back. No. It couldn't have been anything she ate since they all had the same meal and no one else was tossing their cookies in the sink. What gives?

Sumner brushed her hair from her face, which brought the tears streaming down her face full force. She grabbed the towel that was on the counter and wiped her face before turning around to her husband. Lily buried her face in his chest, the warmth of his skin comforting her. "I'm sorry. I don't know what is happening to me," she murmured against him. Then Estrella added her two cents. Was that even possible?

Sumner gathered her close to him, his large arms enfolding her slender frame. Estrella's words managed not only to penetrate the panicked fog he swam in, they blasted a hole through his mental facilities. Sickness he could handle...something he'd caused by his bonehead action. But a child? Frozen, he resembled a statue while his mind struggled to process that moment.

Lily's warmth, the way she burrowed her face against him with utter trust, broke through the spell. Gently, as though handling spiders silk, he touched the smooth skin of her throat. Tilting her chin up, Sumner searched her deep blue eyes. His spirit cried out to hers for his deepest wish to be true. The silent plea was there for her to see...

Lily allowed her face to be tipped up to meet Sumner's eyes. Was this the reason that she was so emotional and weepy? Was she carrying their baby? Confusion flooded her eyes as she thought back over the last few weeks. Smoke was probably floating out from her ears with how fast the gears were churning. Her face froze in shock at the idea of being with child. Was this truly possible? Absolutely. They were a very happily married couple and not always as careful as they could be.

The only reaction she gave to her husband was one of uncertainty. She couldn't say for sure, but it was possible that she was pregnant. Her shoulders shrugged quickly, then she felt it. Spinning around quickly, she proceeded to empty her already empty stomach into the sink.

All four of the kids stared as their aunt howled into the sink once more. Surprisingly, their appetites hadn't taken a dent. Broccoli was more likely to churn their guts than the mess in the kitchen. They continued to eat their cereal as they watched the adults interact before them, not understanding the looks and silence.

Estrella decided to speak up again. She wasn't tied into Lily and Sumner's connection, but she could pick up on scattered signals. Giving them some space, she asked, "Want me to floo to the Apothecary for you?"

If there was one thing a man could be thankful for in a situation like this, it was 'Stray. After all the quaffles she'd popped out since graduation, she was a sure win to know what to do right now. As much as he wanted to hug Lily tight and apparate to St. Mungo's, he knew it wouldn't be the smart thing to do. He wouldn't risk his wife nor their possible child by splinching. He nodded while hovering protectively over Lily, rubbing her back and wetting a cloth to wipe at her perspiring face. A corner of his mouth quirked up. "Thanks, 'Stray."

Estrella didn't need to say you're welcome or any of its variations. Smiling at the couple, she told her children to behave and stepped out of the room. Lily and Sumner could handle the kids for a few minutes. They could probably use the practice.

The master of the house cast Incendio on the fireplace. Reaching into a jar on the mantle, she tossed a handful of powder into the flames. She disappeared into a blaze of emerald green.

Lily heard the fire place fire up while she continued to lean over the sink. If she was not pregnant, something major was wrong with her, a thought that surprisingly scared her more than the idea of being a mother. She knew that Sumner was going to be an amazing father, no matter when that time came. The cool cloth on her face was pure heaven. Her husband was wonderful to her, knowing exactly what she needed.

Finally finished, she stood up and turned to face her husband. "I'm sorry. This is not exactly how I wanted our morning to go. Not after how wonderful last night was." Her smile turned devilish, the nausea having passed as quickly as it came on.

At the age of three, Lydia was as bright as a Patronus Charm. She was usually the quietest of her siblings. However, she was curious. Some questions just needed to be asked.

"What happened last night?" Lydia chirped, chasing her last bits of cereal with a spoon.

The fireplace crackled and whooshed as Estrella returned. Brushing the ash away from her hair, her robes, and the package she carried, she entered the kitchen. Thankfully, Estrella hadn't heard Lydia's inquiry.

The witch presented Lily with her gift and grinned. "Don't make us wait eight months to find out." She didn't want Lily to get too excited and be disappointed later, but deep down, Estrella was really hoping this would be a positive experience.

Lily blushed as she heard the question from little Lydia. "Um," was all she could stammer out before she heard the woosh of the floo activating. "Your mom's back!" A smile graced her lips, having just escaped having to figure out how to answer the curious little girl that she loved.

Package firmly in hand, Lily started down to the bathroom. "Thanks Stray. I will go solve the mystery now." She moved quickly down the short hallway and into the room, shutting the door behind her.

"No, Sumner, really, I don't need you to help me with this. I can pee all by myself. Really." Lily couldn't help but laugh at her husband as he offered yet again to help. The test really was only something that she could do, but the mere fact that he wanted to help was endearing. "And now we wait."

Ding.

The timer that she set went off after the time specified on the box. Lily looked at her husband knowing that things were about to change one way or another. If it was positive, well, life would be changing in a major way. If it was negative, kids would be a serious discussion once they got home. "You look. I can't do it." Lily felt the butterflies frantically trying to escape her stomach. The nauseous feeling was returning but in a good way.

Merlin save me from curious children. Sumner offered up a vote of thanks to the same deity as he was saved from having to answer. He silently followed Lily into the bathroom and stood there a bit uncertainly, hands shoved into his pockets. He leaned against the doorway. "So...do I hold the stick or something?"

Sumner jerked as the buzzer sounded. He'd backed quickly out of the restroom moments earlier, hands held up as his wife firmly shut the door in his face. He rubbed his cheek with his thumb at Lily's offer. A long sigh left his lungs, palms damp with anxiety. Sumner nodded then glanced down and cocked his head to this side and that...a giant fist slammed into his gut. His eyes stinging, he let out a wild rebel yell, grabbed Lily and whirled her around.

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back