Bad Romance

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
The beach was a place she had not visited in such a long while, and she would be here if her sources had not led her to The United Kingdom. This was the third time Leah had apparated in England to find her father, and yet again she could not find him. He was a tricky and slippery man and she was beginning to wonder if she would ever find him. The need for revenge was strong and her bloodlust could not be suppressed for to much longer. She already felt the urge to lash out and harm anyone standing in her way, but she couldn't. Not yet. She was to remain low key until she could exact her revenge.

Leah walked along the beach, and listened to the calming waves crash around the shores and a thought appeared in her mind. What if he knew? What if he knew his daughter was after his life? It would make sense, for no man could hide this easily unless they were well aware that their lives were soon to be ended. She grew angry, trying to think of who would let that bit of information slip. No one knew...except for Ioan...maybe Link. Did she tell Link? She could not remember. Ashton had probably guessed. Ashton. She inwardly growled. But....no. It couldn't be. Leah crossed her arms. She would not act until she had proof, but the boy had better tread carefully when it came down to their father.

Lewis was sat on the beach with his back against the wall away from the sea so that he and his stuff would not get wet. He had a pen in his hand and was writing one of his long essay's for his class on Monday. He had the weekend to write a one thousand word lecture on how injuries such as open fracture can lead to infection and the long term effect they can have. It was certainly proving difficult to write so much on it.

With a sigh, Lewis felt the urge to get a quick drink and take a break from the work. As he put his work in his bag and standing up Lewis began to walk toward the nearest club. His bag was slung over one shoulder and he was about to walk up the stairs to get off the beach when someone caught his eye. He stopped and looked over at a girl. There was something about her that he thought seemed a little.....Off. "Excuse me. Are you ok?" He asked cautiously, keeping his distance.

Leah's thoughts centered on one thing and one thing only.... if Ashton would have met up with William at some point and tipped him off. He was not acting any differently towards her, for he was always acting odd. Maybe he was very good at keeping secrets? It was possible, she had always suspected something about him was keeping an important secret hidden. He would never reveal it to her, however. He would be to fearful to tell anyone whatever he was hiding. Leah took a breath, and looked up at the crashing waves. She needed to think on other things.

"Excuse me. Are you ok?"

Leah looked up, a little surprised that someone would speak to her when she was brooding. "Yes, I'm quite all right." She assured him.

Lewis smiled and nodded. He was glad to hear that she was ok. He was a genuinely caring person and it showed in his general behavior. "Oh good. For a second then i thought that you looked really off.Good to hear your ok though." He said walking up the stairs. Then a thought his him. He didnt have any real plans and he was still a little concerned for the woman on the beach. He turned around with a smile. "Hey i was just on my way to get a drink if you want one. I could offer a penny for your thoughts if you come." He said slightly louder so that she would hear him from the stairs. He was not a loud person but there was a distance between

"Yes. I am okay." Leah said aloud, knowing that this was the biggest lie she had told all day. Since becoming a Death Eater she had managed to lie a lot. She lied to her family, and strangers such as the man speaking to her, and still her conscious would give a tiny uncomfortable poke until she smothered it down and eventually forgot the lie she had told. It was a given that you had to lie to be what she was, and she would do it, but lying had always made her a bit uncomfortable.

When the man offered to take her for a drink, she looked up at him and pondered. She would not tell him anything that she was thinking of, but a drink with a fairly attractive man would do the trick of making her forget her thoughts for an hour at least. "Of course." She said, standing up. Leah brushed the sand off of her clothes and followed him up the stairs. "I have not been for a drink yet, so you'll have to show me the good places for a drink."

Lewis smiled when the girl accepted. At least now he would have someone to talk to instead being being along. He waited for her to walk up to him before he continued. "Oh thats ok i know this really good one. What kind of places are you into?" He asked as he started to walk along side with her. Lewis new a few good places around here and hoped that one of them would be somewhere that she liked.

As he looked around the street and took his wallet out of his bag and put it in his back pocket so it was ready for later on. He slung his bag back onto his left shoulder and turned his attention back to her. "Im Lewis by the way." He introduced his self to the pretty girl who he was walking with, although he didnt mention his last name. It was a first name basis as he didnt actually know her well enough yet

"Very well." Leah said, following him. "I like any place that does not decorate themselves with pink or anything girlish." She hardly stand places like that, and that was precisely the places men in France would take her. She would quickly admonish them for it, and her interests would wane with them. Of course, she would still go home with them, but as for a second date, that would be a zero chance possibility.

"Nice to meet you, Lewis. I am Leah." She too would not grant him a last name. That was idiotic at the moment, and besides he was only a muggle. He would be fine without knowing her last name.

Lewis smiled with a nod. It was good that she said she didnt like things like as he wasnt too keen on those sort of places either. "Thats good then as i dont like places like that. It looks like they try too hard." he said to her in passing. "Well good meeting you Leah. I think drinks are on me then." He said with a grin in her direction.

As he walked over to a pub Lewis opened the door for her to walk in first. "Ladies first." He said then following her in and going to the bar. Lewis sat down on a stool and looked at Leah. "So what can i get you?" He asked as he waited for her to answer him. H was in the mood to have a drink with someone and he would get her anything so if she was one of those girls who decide to get the most expensive thing then he would oblige.

"No, you don't have to do that, Lewis." Leah assured him as they walked into the pub. "I have money, and also I don't much like the idea of draining you of cash." She was not the kind of girl to allow someone else bestow drinks on all night, and she had to prove that as well.

"I'll take a glass of red wine." She said, with a smile. The bartender hurried to fix her drink, and waited for Lewis to tell him what he wanted.

Lewis nodded at what she said."Ok then your choice." He joked before turning to the bar tender. "Fosters please mate." Lewis said knowing that this place may not sell firewhiskey and didnt really want to ask. Turning back to Leah when his drink arrived he took a sip before speaking. "So what brings you here then? Do you live around here?" He asked her starting up a conversation with her so that they didnt get that awkward silence between them.

"Thank you." Leah said appreciatively, taking a sip of her glass. "No, I don't live here. I live in New Zealand, but decided to take a sort of vacation for a few days. I've been here before, but I never got to see it's er...real glory." She smiled. "You must live here, then?"

Lewis shook his head as he sipped his drink. He lived here in the most part of the year but it wasnt where his actual home was. "Well i go Uni in Oxford but i actually have a flat in New Zealand too. Wow small world right." He laughed slightly. "So what part of New Zealand are you from. I have a flat in Wellington." He stated before sipping his drink drink again and then placed it back down on to the bar.

"Oh, impressive. So what are you going to school for?" Leah asked him curiously. She finished her drink and set it aside, feeling as if she had enough for the time being. "Oh, you do? I live near Obsidian Harbour. Not sure if you've ever heard of it." She doubted a muggle would have. It was nice to forget about her problems for a little while. Although she could hardly stand the laughter and general rambuctiousness of the other muggles, she could tolerate it for a little while.

Lewis shrugged at her question. He never thought of it as a school but he supposed it was kind of the same in terms of the education. "Im a med student. Want to be a doctor, among other things but im training for the doctor part." He said to Leah as he sipped his drink. He wondered if this girl was a witch or a muggle. He didnt really mind either way but he was curious. "Yeah i go there a lot actually. I have a few mates that live there so you know." Lewis laughed slightly as he spoke. Lewis wasnt too sure about what to say now, this was defiantly a first for him as he was always good at talking. He frowned slightly. "So what do you do for a living?" He asked the first thing that popped into his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back