Enoch Goldewyn

loner | tired | chaser

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curly 16 1/2 Inch Flexible Acacia Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Quidditch remained really the only thing left which Enoch did that he actually wanted to do, or it had been. He was sure he'd kept his position on the team, but he'd come out to practice and just...what was the point. His parents had wanted him to do a spot. He liked quidditch, but like most of the times in his life, it wasn't something he had picked for himself. It jut happened that he was good at it, and wanted to do it. He'd perhaps just had a bit of a day of it. He'd woken up way too early, his body clock waking him up at the time his brother had been waking him up at the rest of the time. Enoch had forgotten to do some of that really easy homework. he was out of reeds for his flute, he had an overdue book for the library and he had gone to write to his parents before remembering that there was no point, they were gone, had been for over a year now. So, he'd come to the pitch in the afternoon, hoping to blow off some steam, but he'd just sat on the ground of the pitch, broom at his feet, wondering a little if he should just quit.

Vanity was glad Quidditch tryouts had happened, they had been a bit late and she had wondered if something was wrong. She didn't love the sport like some of her classmates, but she liked it well enough. More than anything, she liked the status that came with being a Quididtch player. It made her more popular and well-known, that was something. Though it would help if they actually won matches. Vanity had headed to the pitch to get some training in, mostly because she waned to show the captain she was one of the better beaters. It sucked that Morrie hadn't tried out, she liked the younger girl despite all the signs telling her it was a bad idea. Vanity headed out to the pitch and frowned when she spotted someone just sitting on the ground. It was Enoch, one of her classmates and someone who was on the team with her. "Did you fall or something?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

Enoch was a little lost in his own thoughts. He heard someone approach, but didn't look around, only doing so when they spoke. Vanity. He didn't know her particularly well. Didn't know most of his house mates. Only really knew he hated Dante. "No, I'm just sitting," he said with a low tone, emotionless, and almost tired. He did feel tired, it was early and he could never manage to get enough sleep. "Don't let me stop you,"

Vanity had thought maybe Enoch had fallen and hurt himself, but no, apparently he was just sitting here. She put her broom down and crossed her arms as she looked at him. "So you're what, sulking?" She asked him, it seemed to be his usual state of being to be fair. "Why?"

Enoch could almost wish that he had fallen and hurt himself, this might've got him out of this conversation. "What's it to you?" he replied sharply after she asked if he was sulking. There was just no time or space at this school to just be. "Ignore me, just go do whatever it is you want," he told her.

Vanity raised her eyebrows at Enoch's tone. She knew the boy wasn't a friendly and open person, but she hadn't expected him to snap at her either. Maybe he really was sulking. She grinned and put her hands on her hips. "And what if whatever it is I want is talking to you?" She asked, barely resisting the urge to stick out her tongue. Her reaction had been pretty genius, if she said so herself, and she didn't want to undermine that with a childish gesture.

Enoch watched her, and was sure that she was going to leave him alone, he had no reason to think that she would want to speak to him, they'd never been friendly before. Though he had never been friendly in his life to most people. "I very much doubt that," Enoch retorted and didn't even look at her as he spoke, hoping that this would persuade her to leave him alone.

Vanity huffed out a laugh. "Well, I do. Mostly because I can see it's annoying you." She said, deciding to be honest. She plopped down on the grass and poked at his leg with her foot. "Why are you being all emo here on the Quidditch pitch?" She asked him again. "You made the team, you know, since you were already on it." She told him, in case he worried he'd somehow get kicked off.

Enoch didn't know what other Slytherins found so enjoyable about annoying people. He didn't get the end game, and he never did it, but then there were a lot of things which he did not do. He rolled his eyes at her questions and had to let out a humourless laugh. "Actually I was thinking about giving up the team, what's the point you know." he said before stopping himself from saying more that he was sure she'd use against him.

Vanity was surprised by how honest Enoch was. She blinked as she looked at him, then frowned slightly. Was he serious? "Really? Why?" She asked, frowning. She couldn't imagine wanting to leave the team after trying out. "I know the captain kind of sucks, but it's still good to be on the team." She sighed. Morrie had also left the team by just not showing up for the tryouts, and Vanity was annoyed by it, and a little hurt. Why was everyone she could tolerate leaving the team now? "The point is that the game is fun and being on the team makes you popular, obviously. It's nice to be well-known and have people see you play." She said with a shrug.

Enoch had no real problem with the captain, he wasn't sure why anyone would. It couldn't be easy to lead a team of slytherins to do anything right. The team itself was fine. He was the problem surely. "Well, I'm not very good, I'm sure the team would be better without me," he said simply with a little shrug. He didn't think quidditch made him popular, or well known, it certainly hadn't really helped in making friends though Enoch had never tried to. "Does it make you popular?" he asked, returning the question to her, perhaps she was popular. "Do you want to play professionally?" he asked.

Vanity honestly hadn't ever noticed if Enoch was good or not, the chasers on the team were hardly her priority. She huffed. "If you wanna be a quitter, that's on you. But if you weren't good enough you would've heard it from Lennox." She said dismissively. Vanity frowned a little at his question. "It makes people know who I am." She said after a beat. "That's good enough for me." At his last question, she shook her head. "Sounds like too much work." She admitted. Vanity liked Quidditch, but not enough to try to be a pro player after Hogwarts, even if she thought the fame would be nice.

Enoch kind of doubted that Lennox would say anything, she didn't say much of anything it seemed to him. But he didn't comment on it, instead letting Vanity talk about what this did or her. He wasn't sure it did make it known to people, but he didn't know enough other people to know for sure. "So, you play to be known, but aren't willing to go professionally, where arguably, you'd become famous?" he asked with a bored tone. He was almost curious as to what she would want to do with her life then.

Vanity didn't get what was so hard to understand. "Yes, I like playing Quidditch here at school because I like being well-known, but that doesn't mean I want to train for years to be actually great, I'm realistic." She said with a shrug. "Don't you enjoy Quidditch?" She asked, as he seemed to want to give it up.

Enoch was a little surprised by what she said, it did in fact make near perfect sense. She knew what she liked, why she liked it but wasn't going to do it beyond what she needed to. He could almost envy the simple way in which she was approaching it. "I like quidditch fine," he replied. "What are you planning to do when you graduate?" he asked, somewhat changing the conversation but being unable to reall stop himself from doing so, curious about her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back