Attemtping To Fly

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Alyssa stared at the ceiling with uttermost bordem. Alyssa had been cooped inside her dorm room all night with nothing the least bit interesting. Alyssa's friends were all mad at her so sher had already ruled hanging with her friends out of the pile.

'Hmm.....I haven't tried flying in awhile.' Alyssa immediantly sat up as the thought came to her mind and turned her gaze to the broom that she had bought when school had started. It was barely used and still sat alone in the dusty corner next to her bed. 'Sounds better than doing this..' Alyssa sighed and grabbed the broom.
----------------

Onnce outside Alyssa had a little trouble getting to the quiddithc pitch in the dark, but once ther Alysa gulped quietly before she looked down at her broom.
She actualy had decided that she'd feel more comfortable with someone else here with her.

"But what kind of person would be at the Quidditch pitch at night anyways?" Alyssa asked herself as she dismissed the thought of someone joining her.

James paced his dorm, not being able to sleep. He still hadn't talked to Natasha, and it seemed like he should. After all, she was his sister, even if she was a Hufflepuff.
He gave up pacing, and decided to go outside, maybe flying. He snuck into the school broom cupboard, and took a broom that didn't look to horrible.

James walked out onto the pitch, and noticed there was already someone there. His eyes opened wide, hoping it wasn't a professor. He moved closer, and saw a girl. He thought she was a Slytherin, but he wasn't sure. "Uh... hi?" he said.

Alyssa turned herself around and found herself looking at a boy that was a bit taller than her standing behind her. Alyssa was still clutching her broom but gave a small smile and a wave to the boy with her free hand.
She hadn't seen this boy around, nor did she have any clue what he was from.

"Am I bothering you or something." Alyssa hoped she hadn't made any noise out here tok wake anybody.

Aiden was rather bored and decided he would get some solo air time so he picked his broom up and walked out of the castle. When he was on the grounds he quickly flew over to the pitch. Aiden stupidly didn't bring his wand so he couldn't see all that well. Aiden noticed that two people were on the ground so he flew over to them and said, "Hey I'm Aiden...whats your names?"

Alyssa was about the ask the boy his name when she saw someone fly towards them. Alyssa turned and watched the person slowly fly towards them and lowered her broom.

When the person identified themself as Aiden Alyssa's eyes widened by she kept her composure calm.

"Aiden?! It's Alyssa....and uh..a kid I don't the name of." Alyssa almsot laughed when she said that she didn't know the other kids name, and he still had yet to introduce himself to her.

When the girl said that she was Aly, Aiden's eyes widened and he frowned and said, "I guess I better go then..." Aiden looked over to the boy and gave him a warning glare to let him know not to get any funny ideas.

Aiden looked back at Aly with surprise and said, "Yes Aly?" Aiden looked at her, he could barely make out her face because his eyes were just adjusting to the darkness.

"Um...it's alright if you stay here. Were not really doing anything...so it's cool it you wanna stay here with us and fly." Alyssa grimaced as she spoke. She was mumbling and it was probably going to get worse so she cut herself off.

"Besides, I still stink at flying and need someone to stay here incase I hurt myself." Alyssa added in at the end as she glared at her broom.

Aiden was surprised by this but smiled lightly, maybe all hope wasn't lost. "That'll be great, and I can finally give you that practise session I promised..." Aiden said with a light tone of voice.

"Good idea. I almost forgot about that." Alyssa smiled and quickly mounted her broom. She turned to Aiden and sighed.

"Just to warn you, I'm really bad. So I hope your as good as everyone says." Alyssa kicked off the ground and allowed herself to hover. She wondered if the other boy cared if Aiden was here of not. He couldn't complain too much though, becuase she didn't even know his name. Alyssa pulled up the the broom and slowly flew higher.

She let out a breath when she had gotten high in the air and hadn't fallen off her broom yet.

"Everyone?" Aiden repeated while wondering who those people might be. Aiden watched as Aly flew up higher and Aiden flew over to her quickly and said, "You're doing great so far, I don't see why you where so worried..."

"Everyone on your qudditch teams says your an amzaing flyer." Alyssa admitted. She really wished she were better at flying. Then she could try out for quidditch.

"Thats because I'm not moving." Alyssa whispered her response to Aiden's last comment. Alyssa usually did fine until she started to move around. Then she always starts to freak out and lose her control over the broom.

"Oh really? Thats interesting..." Aiden said with a bright smile, this could mean that he might be able to be a keeper some time.

"So whats the problem? Turning? Stopping...?" Aiden asked curiously while looking into her eyes.

"I can stop pretty well. But turning and keeping myself on the broom when I start to move fast is a huge problem." Alyssa blushed. She never really figured out why she could never control her broom when she moved fast. Alyssa looked at Aiden's eyes for a moment before she quickly turned awya and looked at her hands on the broom. She was glad it was dark otherwise he'd see her blushing heavily.

"Do you have your wand? It'll be much safer to fly when the pitch is lit don't you think?" Aiden asked curiously. Hoping she did have her wand.

Alyssa blinked at Aiden before she nodded. Alyssa carefully reached into her pocket and pulled her wand out. Alyssa made sure to grip the broom with her other very tightly.

"Lumos." Alyssa muttered and immediantly her wand tip had lit itself up brightly. She then turned towards Aiden. "Better?" She asked him lightly.

"Much better...do you think you'd be able to fly with your wand in one hand or should I hold it for you?" Aiden suggested lightly.

"Wow, you pretty much just read my mind." Alyssa giggled and slowly flew over to Aiden. She carefully held her wand out for Aiden to take.

"How about you take it." She answered lightly.

Aiden took her wand carefully and then cast the sheild charm on Aly, "Protego." Aiden gave her a light smile and said, "Alright, lets see what you can do."

Alyssa sighed heavily and nodded her head in thanks to Aiden for casting the Protection charm on her. Alyssa decided that she was first going to show Aiden how unbalanced she was. Looking around Alyssa decided on a place.

"Alright. I'm going fly over there." Alyssa gripped her broom tightly and flew towards the area she had been referring too, Once there Alyssa halted herself to a stop with a small wobble.

"Egh..." Alyssa groaned when she had caught her balance. She gripped the broom tighter then looked at the area she was in. "Oops, I flew kind of crooked." Alyssa blushed, she was embarrasing herself in front of Aiden....which was the opposite of how she wanted this to turn out.

"See, this broom had no sense of direction!"

Aiden couldn't help but laugh lightly and he smoothly flew over to her then came to a hault, stopping right beside her so they were almost touching and said, "You're gripping your broom too tight Aly, maybe you should get a little loose, and don't be afraid of falling, I wouldn't let that happen." Aiden gave her a bright smile as he said this.

Alyssa at first looked at Aiden as if he were completely nuts. She had always thought that if she loosened her grip she would wobble and fall. But Aiden promised her that he wouldn't let her fall.

"Alright. Your the boss." Alyssa carefully loosened her grip then shakily sat up straighter and looked at Aiden. "Whoa....I guess your rig-whoa!" Alyssa had gotten excited for a moment and forgotten to hold the broom. But once she wobbled again she quickly grabbed the broom once more.

"Hehe oops."

"Rule number one, remember you are in the air, its just a tad dangerous..." Aiden said with a joking smile but with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Right....is there a rule number two that I should know about?" Alyssa asked playfully. Alyssa's ponytail began to blow in the wind and some of it managed to fly into her face.

"Bleh...stupid hair." Alyssa snarled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back