OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Professoe King entered the Hospital Wing, Athene being levitated ahead of him. He gently placed her down on one of the beds and pocketed his wand again, the ropes were still around her but he feared if he removed them she would try to leave.
"Now that wasn't so bad. Now even if you're not sick you're no longer in a cold stone hallway on the floor." Professor King said, growing tired of Athene already but not letting his annoyance show. "So now -- if you decide to have another fit you can do so in the comfort of this wing." he concluded.

Athene glared at King, tears in her eyes and teeth bared, as he set her down on a bed in the hospital wing.

"I hate you," she whispered in Parseltongue. "I HATE YOU!" She continued to hiss a collection of Muggle swear words, thrashing around in the bonds. She couldn't believe the posistion she was in, when she hadn't even done anything wrong. All she had wanted was some space, some time alone, and King had had to come along and ruin it. And it was her birthday. She didn't want to spend it tied up on a bed under the watchful eye of a Professor.

"Hissing isn't going to make me any more pleased with you." Professor King responded to Athene's constant hisses, wondering if she was trying to make him believe she spoke parseltongue, whether she did, or whether she was just trying to spook him. Whatever it was, it didn't matter in the end. "Once a nurse comes along and says she'll watch you I will leave you be." he explained. He really didn't want to upset Athene, but shaking on the floor of a hallway does not prove a person well.

Athene, who was hardly aware of the language she was speaking in, continued to hiss and scream and wail until she was out of breath. New tears were rolling down her flushed cheeks, and her fists were clenched at her sides.
"Why're you doing this to me?" she moaned in English after a while, her voice unsteady. "Let me go."

"Ms. Perthro I do not really want to hold you anywhere against your will." Professor King began, drawing nearer to the bed. "If you tell me why you were behaving in the manner you were in the hallway, I will consider releasing you." Professor King offered, not expecting the girl to take it but putting it out there so that she could not claim she was given no chance.

Athene laughed bitterly, a tear slipping into her mouth. "You expect me to trust you with that, after you attack me and force me here, when I hadn't broken any rules? Your mad." She was shaking as though she were freezing. Her hair was a mess, frizzy and wild, and her lips were parted showing her teeth in a snarl.

"You don't need to break any rules to be brought to the Hospital Wing." Professor King pointed out, "Though you did break rules in the fact that you did not obey me. You're lucky all I did was force you here." This whole situation was getting older and more tiresome by the seconding. Professor King would have left that moment if he hadn't an obligation to Athene's well being. "Also, Ms. Perthro, if or when I attack you, you will not live to tell the tale."

"Are you threatening me?" Said Athene, outraged. "Your insane. The headmistress will hear about this. I don't have to do everything you say. If you told me to jump off the Astronomy tower, do you think I would?" What is his problem?
Athene turned away. "if you don't let me go, i'll scream."

"If it's the headmistress you want..." Professor King started as he withdrew his wand, relaxed himself then gave it a quick flick while incanting, "Expecto Patronum" A large silver Gryffin burst forth, "Alicia, you should come to the Hospital Wing." he spoke and then gave his wand another flick and the gryffin left the wing to find Alicia. "Now, you must do anything I say that pertains to your well being."

Athene glared at the large Patronus, and watched as it left the room in a silvery flash. She would have crossed her arms if she could, but settled instead for a look of contempt. "Do you really think that treating me like this is better for my well being than leaving me alone?" she snarled with a small defiant sniff. She was very unhappy with how her day had turned out. Why couldn't she ever have a normal birthday?

"Do you think slowly going insane in a hallway is good for you?" Professor King persisted, anxious for a nurse or the Headmistress to arrive so he could stop dealing with this annoying child. "How about I let you out of those ropes if you promise not to leave the Hospital Wing?" Professor King finally offered, knowing she wouldn't leave if he still had her wand.

"No," Athene replied shortly. "I want Professor Barker to see exactly how you treated me." Really, she would have loved to be free of the ropes. She felt terrible being in such a situation - bound and wandless. And yet, she still thought that this was abuse on Kings part, and wanted the Headmistress to think so too. If she had to put up with her claustrophobia for a short while longer, then so be it.

"I will be more than glad to inform her of the entire situation." Professor King stated, "And she will probably take a student's word over mine, so what have you to lose? Nothing but an uncomfortable situation."

Alicia, having recieved the message ran quickly down the corridors until she reached the Hospital Wing. She wasn't sure what to expect, so her wand was out. When she finally opened the large doors into the Hospital Wing, she spotted Professor King and a small figure on the bed beside him. She walked quickly up to him and looked down upon Athene. She gasped audibly and looked at Professor King. "By Merlins Beard, Nick, did she have an attack?"

((( ^_^ I'm not sure what you mean )))

(((Ok, I thought it might have something to do with that, but didn't want to post then you be like "I meant WAS she attacked" he-he :D )))

Professor King turned to Alicia as she walked into the Hospital Wing, "I'm not really sure what it was, she was shaking on the seventh floor corridor, but was conscious enough to reply to me and control herself when need be." He explained as he swished his wand, untying the ropes. He then put it in his innner robe pocket and reached for Athene's which he offered to Alicia. "This was on the floor beside her, she refused to pick it up so I took it with us."

Alicia's eyes grew slightly rounder as she took the wand. "But of course she was in danger of hurting herself or others, right?" Alicia asked shaking her head and looking down at the girl.

"Honestly - I'm not sure." Professor King admitted, "Probably herself, though others would have been fine, assuming they didn't trip on her." he finished trying to make light of the situation. He grew more nervous as the situation continued, now doubting he had done the right thing.

Athene shuddered when the ropes fell away, and she massaged her arms, where red welts had appeared. She flexed her muscles and stretched her back, glad to be able to move again. Her breathing still shuddered, and her face was still flecked with tears, but asides from where the ropes had dug into her, she was unharmed.

She opened her mouth to speak, but found herself closing it just as quickly. She didn't know what to say, or where to begin. How could she explain without having to bring up Artemis? And if she did bring up Artemis, would she be able to keep a level enough head to keep talking? Was she strong enough to control her emotions? She bit her lower lip and listened as King and the Headmistress talked, feeling a lot smaller than she really was.

(((When alicia has enough time to post in it. :) Patience is a virtue :) )))

(((I've noticed the hospital wing is where threads go to die :-0 )))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back