Ingrid Ramsey

unspeakable • nothing should break you • loyal
OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Ingrid Ramsey still could not believe the news that she had gotten today. Nor could she stop smiling about it to be honest. It feels like not too long ago when she had been thrown into marriage she had not wanted in the least, but now she was happy with her current life and her partner, even if they had gotten into quite the rocky start. A total understatement. However, they had gotten past that and while they would have a couple of banters and fights every once in a while, they worked good together. Even after moving to England. She had minimal problems with her transfer, and her work schedule while hectic, she still managed to come home early for the majority of the week to cook dinner for the both of them. Today was no different. If anything she was home early after a visit to the healer after fainting in the ministry. Of course, she had thought it had been the flu. But it was much happier than that. And she could only hope her husband would feel the same about it. Finishing the dinner preparation, she sat in the lounge to wait for Jonathon. Now all that was left was to break the news to him. They were expecting a child.

Jonathon had a rather long day at work, he'd tried to get off a little earlier after hearing that Ingrid had collapsed, but after being stuck with work that had taken him longer to do on account of his worry, he was finally free to leave sometimes near dinner. Normally he only worked until about four, but it was closer to seven when he finally appeared in the corridor of the small manor they owned now that neither was living with a parent. Of course that didn't mean that they didn't get drop in visits from their respective parents, mostly hers. He made his way into the living room and noted that Ingrid there. Still in his work robes, Jonathon walked swiftly to her side and hugged her close. "I heard what happened. Are you okay?" He sat next to her and checked to see if she was injured. There was nothing physically wrong, at least that he could see. Perhaps she'd come down with a cold?

Ingrid had dozed off after the first few minutes of waiting bu had promptly woken up as soon as she had heard the telltale sound of footsteps signalling the arrival of her husband. She looked towards the clock and frowned seeing as he arrived quite late and wondered if something happened at work. It seemed that she had gotten a good hour of sleep. She smiled lazily at him and hugged him back as she forced back a yawn. "You're late Jon. Food's gone cold," she mumbled with a smile. Now that he was here, she didn't really know how to break the news to him. If it were from their early relationship she would have told him without care and just dropped the bomb on him. However, she actually cared about what would his reaction be now. "I'm okay. It wasn't anything bad. Now, I don't know about you, but I'm hungry. We'll talk over dinner, come on," she said with a smile as she hold of his hand and stood from the couch, trying to pull him along with her. She'd need to calm down first before telling him. She was going to make sure though that he would know about it before the night was over. Even if she was already having inner simulations of his reactions and each one was really freaking her out like crazy.

Jonathon knew he was late and he shrugged lightly at her words. It couldn't be helped though so there was no point being upset over it. "Sorry, unavoidable." He continued to watch her though, because he wasn't satisfied that she was completely fine despite her looking and sounding well. His mother often got like this and she'd never confess to a sickness. It had always been obvious on him and his brothers, but it was the same for Aurelie, you could just never tell. She told him they would talk over dinner and Jonathon shrugged. As long as the spoke and he got to eat, he was happy. He allowed himself to be pulled along and happily took a seat at the table with the food. It looked great, as it always did when she cooked. Though Jonathon could make a basic meal, he really rather preferred the food of his wife. "Damn, see this is why I married you. Nothing to do with your horrid personality." he joked, winking at his wife. He wasn't often playful with his family, this was reserved only for Ingrid.

Ingrid couldn't help but frown at his words. It was no secret that she often worried about him whenever he was at work. They both work at the ministry so it was easy to get wind of what was happening to one another. Today though, she had not been at work for more than half the day so she was a little worried that something happened at work. As soon as they sat themselves she smiled as he seemed to appreciate her cooking like he always does. She couldn't help but roll her eyes though at his teasing. "And now I'm starting to wonder why I married you," she said sticking her tongue out as she sat on the opposite side of the table. While the food was cold, she was sure that neither of them minded. After all, she still made sure they tasted just fine when they do get cold since they often tend to have their meals late. "Did something happen at work though?" she trudged carefully knowing that there were things he couldn't share with her. But she still did want to know if he had been doing something dangerous. She didn't ever think her worry could increase even more but it had for some reason.

Jonathon rolled his eyes at his wife as he started on his dinner. It was very nice, even though it was cold Ingrid seemed to have a knack for making the food taste good whether it was warm or not. Of course if it were that much of a problem, they'd simply warm it up with magic, but it wasn't an issue. "You mean my devastatingly good looks and gallant personality aren't enough for you? Ingrid, for shame." Neither of them were at a loss of why they were married, or how, but they'd managed to work around it and now Jonathon was more than happy to be married to Ingrid. He'd, once, wondered how he might live in this situation, but since they'd married over a year ago, he couldn't be happier. It had been a bit rocky and their two week honeymoon in a shack in the middle of no-where almost ended terribly, but they'd found common ground and pushed on. "Not exactly. Just a couple of things I'd overlooked, but I fixed it all up, so it should be fine now."

Ingrid couldn't help the laughter that spilled from her lips at his retort. "Gallant personality. Right. I'm pretty sure childish is the perfect word for it Jon," the woman said, an amused smile plastered upon her features. To this day, she was still surprised that they were happily married to each other but she wouldn't change that for anything. He had been one of the best things that happened to her even if they had quite the rocky start. Ingrid gave a satisfied nod at the words of her husband that assured her that everything was fine. She believed him, she didn't know when she started believing his every word but it happened. After a swallowing the first bite she had, Ingrid took a deep breath. He really did have to know. "Hey, can I... talk to you about something?" she asked softly and gently. Why was it this nerve-wrecking?!

Jonathon smirked and flicked his wand, blowing a cool breeze lightly in her direction. "I'm amazing and you know it." He stated, continuing with his meal despite his desire to keep chucking spells at her. None of them were malicious of course. He'd never hurt Ingrid. He continued like that for a little while longer when he suddenly felt that something was a little off. He looked up just in time to see the slight unease on his wife's face and frowned. "Of course you can talk to me, what's wrong?" Forgoing his food, Jonathon stood up and moved to kneel beside Ingrid, his hands on her lap as he looked at her. He didn't know what was wrong, but now he was worried and he really wanted to know.

Ingrid enjoyed these playful moments with her husband. She had initially thought that they would be quite miserable together considering that both of them strongly opposed their marriage. That and they each had respective partners before their engagement. But now, she couldn't imagine not being married to him. Despite their numerous arguments and worries, she wouldn't change him for anyone. She watched as he grew worried and settled himself in front of her. She didn't really want to worry him. Hell, she didn't want to worry herself! But it wasn't like they had planned when to have a child and between their jobs, she wasn't even sure if he wanted one sometimes. She had been happy and excited to tell him earlier, but now she wondered why she was so nervous about this. "I... It's nothing wrong. Well, it not really wrong," she stumbled upon her words not really knowing how to start. "It's just about this morning and I thought you should know about it," the woman said as she took in a deep breath in hopes that it would calm her thundering heart. "I'm... I'm pregnant, Jon," she said as she bit her lip, waiting for his reaction.

Jonathon waited a little impatiently for Ingrid to finally tell him what was going on, because he had no idea and he wanted to make sure that it wasn't something serious. He didn't want to find out five months down the track something he could have been told now, especially if he could have done something to help. Jonathon wondered why his wife was nervous, she'd never been this nervous before and hell, when they got married she was more than pleased to tell him things, regardless of how he was going to take it, so how was this any different. "Please tell me..." Jonathon was growing a little frustrated that she was taking her time with the news and he was about to tell her to tell him when she finally did. He blinked slightly. Pregnant? Well, he wasn't exactly surprised as that was what tended to happen when people got married, but he supposed he wasn't expecting it quite this soon. What was he even going to be like as a father? Jonathon shifted back a little from Ingrid, thinking about if he was happy or not. He was upset about it, or angry or anything like that, but he kind of wasn't ready to give up Ingrid yet. He didn't want to share her with someone else. He liked having her all to himself and he liked her having him to herself. Now they'd have to split their time. Jonathon looked up at Ingrid and grinned. "That's amazing news, Ingrid!" Maybe he wasn't thrilled yet, but he was excited. He knew he'd get over this as soon as the baby was born, so he wasn't worried at all. "Really, hun, that's the most amazing news to hear."

Ingrid had not stopped from biting her lip as she waited for her husband's reaction. They had not exactly talked of the possibility of having children yet. They were merely enjoying each other's presence and their married life. Having a child was probably something to be expected (considering her mother continuously bothered them about it), but still, it was currently seemingly a foreign concept between them. She looked at Jonathon for any indication of his reaction and emotion about this whole thing. As seconds passed without a word from him, without any form of change in his expression, she had begun to assume the worst and she couldn't help but be disheartened by it. Of course, she had hoped that he would take the news well. Be happy about it even. After all, their marriage had been going so well. But apparently not if she couldn't even make him happy with the news that she had. She didn't even know why she felt the need to cry but she kept the tears at bay, though she couldn't help but look down to her hands that settled on her lap instead. She couldn't bear to look at him if he had the look of disappointment on his face. And then she heard him say that it was amazing news and she had to chance a look at him. He wasn't the most thrilled about the news, but the excitement was evident in his eyes and she nearly choked back a sob. "Y-you sure? You mean it?" she asked wanting his answer right away lest she was going insane. She was sure that the hormones weren't supposed to be acting up until a few months later, but it seems that hers were already going haywire. She just really needed to know though.

Jonathon didn't really know how to reassure Ingrid past what he had already said. He smiled at her and took her hands in his, kissing them softly. He looked up at her. "I mean it." He didn't know what the future held for them, but he was excited for it none-the-less. "I don't care what it is, boy or girl, as long as I'm with you, I'm happy with anything. I promise." He had no idea what he was going to do with a child. He never really fancied himself a father and he wasn't nearly prepared enough for it, but he was ready and willing to learn, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back