As her eyes sparkled.

"Of course I can take care of myself, it was you I was worried about you big loon" she told him shaking her head.
"Shame it didn't kill you, put me out of my misery. I might have found you easier" Trinity heaved a sigh as he began to walk away again, "ok I didn't mean that but would ever stay near. I don't want to tell your mother or your aunt that I lost you."

She tutted like some over protective mother hen as she walked to catch up with him, slipping her hand naturally into his.
"Next time we come in here, we're going to bring a pencil and a sheet of paper or a piece of twine or something. Of course it's a stupid magical maze so they probably wouldn't work. I'm starving can we start heading back now?"
She barely gave herself a chance to catch her breath as she rambled on.

Moving further into the maze, Tony listened as Trinity once again began one of her small speeches. He had met people ho constantly talked, so the situation wasn't completely new to him; but the fact someone was worried about him was. It seemed Trinity really cared about him. Catching her words as he walked, Tony smiled. She would miss him if he had died. Tony knew his mother and auntie would simply put the kettle on and make Trinity a cup of tea, before telling her stories of him until he turned up again.

Feeling the young girls hand slip into his, Tony absent-mindedly closed his fingers. Taking another turning, Tony could feel he was close to the centre of the maze. Continuing to walk, Tony finally spoke. "You could never lose me.". Tony was simply in her life forever. "Paper wouldn't help us find anything if we have to draw the lines ourselves.". Even the Ravenclaw in him didn't have to tell her that common-sense. "And why use twine? This is an adventure!". Tony sighed slightly as Trinity complained. How could he like a girl who hated exploring. "You go if you want.". It may have sounded harsh, but Tony was staying.

Trinity shrugged absentmindedly now that Tony was ok and the two were side by side she was fine again, granted starving but otherwise fine.
"Have you ever drawn a map?" she asked him, many a time she had gone orienteering with a local group near her home town and had found it great fun, they had been allowed to draw a map of which directions they went and everything, being able afterwards to make a very rough map.
"I bet the guys who went into the labyrinth, Thesus didn't mind having a bit of twine. Every explorer brings tools you know. Next time we come better prepared" she liked how he had closed his fingers over hers and did the same. He was her best friend and it meant alot to her when he had reassured her that she would never lose him.

Continuing his journey further into the maze, Tony listened to Trinity's voice. "I don't need a map. If I get lost it's another adventure.". Tony couldn't help feel the young girl just didn't understand how much he loved his freedom. "So does that mean we can come back in here?". Tony turned his head to the side. He already knew the answer.

Suddenly, To their right, Tony saw an opening in the hedge. Looking through it, he caught sight of a column surrounded by flowers and benches. He had found it. The centre of the maze. Releasing Trinity's hand, Tony ran towards the opening. Reaching it, he shook his head. Something felt off. Whatever had drew him here no longer had a hold over him.

Turing towards Trinity, Tony smiled. "Dinner?". If she wished to leave, he may as well take her back out.

"If you get lost, I'll die of starvation trying to find you" she chuckled "of course we can come back again but preferably not close to meal times. They're the only thing about this school that I actually really like" suddenly she felt him let her hand go and looked to see where he was racing off to now. The boy was sure going to get himself lost the rate he was going again. She followed him towards the bench and looked about, it was so unimpressive so she was delighted when he finally got the hint.

"Yes at last. Do you not hear that?" she cocked a hand to one of her ears and made strange gurgling sounds, "that is my tummy crying in agony. Listen". This time she began squeaking in a tiny voice..."feed me feed me"

laughing she straightened up to look at him.
"Come on I'll even let you pay" considering all the food was free she hoped he got the simple joke.

Tony rolled his eyes as Trinity began one of her sarcasm streaks. It wouldn't surprise him if her stomach actually had begun speaking on its own. the girl was already strange; why not add something else to the picture. Smiling again as she laughed, Tony responded to her joke. "Sure. I've borrowed your debit card anyway.".

Moving towards her, Tony watched the hedge behind them move away to reveal another path-way. Choosing to accept the maze's invitation, Tony began to walk through the new opening. "Won't you come along dear?". Tony sighed.

I just don't feel it in this place
Their thoughts cast me out of here
Their home has run out of space
My mind's already out of here

Won't you come along, dear?
Won't you come along?

Words that are spoke alone
Phrases you will never hear

Empty rooms and a telephone
That I will never use
Never fear

I am all alone, dear
I am all alone

My dogs come sit next to me
A pack of dogs and cigarettes
My only friends speak no words to me
But they look at me and they don't forget
That a boy's best friend
Is his mother or whatever has become his pet

"I'm too young for one of those things" she stuck her tongue out at him and watched as a hedge began to move. This was so going to be annoying but Tony seemed to enjoy the constant movement of the maze, perhaps it was his Ravenclaw nature but it appeared as if he knew the way it worked now. This cheered her up a bit, it meant they might actually get back to the Great Hall before all the food was gone.

"I don't think they do cards like that in this world anyhow do they?" it hadn't been something she had ever been able to ask her parents. She smiled and curtsied as if she were some kind of lady and not the tom boy she was.
"I will of course dearest" she giggled and followed him along through the gap the magical hedge had created.

Catching Trinity's comment, Tony turned to see her stick her tongue out once again. An act she appeared to perform quite often. Answering her question, Tony shrugged his shoulders. "It's all Goblins in a bank; playing with gold coins.". A slight look of confusion flashed across the boys face as Trinity performed a strange move. It took him a few moments to realise what it was, as he remembered watching a dancing show with his Auntie Joanne.

Tutting quietly, Tony turned on his heals and began to walk through the maze once more. The hedge-ways where silent. The wind wasn't blowing. It was as if the maze had turned itself off. It was perfect. The sound of Trinity giggling echoed along the path. Tony felt relaxed. As he reached a gap to his right, Tony paused. Glancing around the corner, Tony saw two additional turnings, the right of which felt wrong, as if it turned back upon itself; and the left was no better. A dead-end perhaps.

Smiling an airy, yet caring smile at Trinity, Tony lightly brushed his feet along the floor as he continued along the current path. Reaching the end, Tony headed right; the only way he could, before stopping once more. In front of him was yet another right turn, along with the current path-way leading a-head. Closing his eyes, instinct told him to turn right; his heart told him to stay; and images of a hungry; angry; hand-on-hips Trinity told him to follow his instincts.

The silence of the maze became more apparent. Trinity hadn't spoken for some time.

[really she didn't speak for 3 solid minutes :o ]

Trinity followed him, twisting this way and that as she did so. She felt better knowing he was guiding the way and that he was taking them back towards the castle. Of late she had realized that she always felt much better when he was around and thinking about it again, simply made her smile. He was her bestfriend and was happy enough to tolerate all her silly mood swings, though they were far and few between.

It seemed like an eternity before she had said anything and even now she didn't feel any need to clog up the airwaves with any nonsensical ,she was enjoying the tranquility of simply being with him. She reached out her hand almost instinctively again and slipped it into his but for some reason though she had performed this many times already, the sensation it evoked now sent little tremors through her hand. She could only look at their clasped hands as it did so but she could no more remark on it or begin to think why it felt like an electrical current had just passed through her. Eventually she knew she had to speak.

"Are we there yet?"

Stepping within the path-way to his right, Tony briskly walked along it. He was happy to spend hours in the maze, simply walking. Walking in silence had been something Tony enjoyed with Amy. The pair could understand each others pain with-out the need for words; with-out the need for a hello. Tony's faded mind was hit with a jolt. He felt Trinity's hand wrap around his once more. Why she was continuing to do this annoyed him. It reminded him of Amy.

Pulling away from her as she spoke, Tony turned. "Magic. What do you know?". They hadn't discussed this subject yet, even though they attended a school built to teach them.

Trinity watched as he released the hand she had tried to hold, something that both of them had just started doing naturally. It confused her now at his sudden withdrawal and hastily she stuffed her hands into the pockets. Trying to hide her embarrassment was a little difficult as she knew her face had just taken on its customary puce shade.

Her bestfriend mentioned magic and she frowned.
"I don't know anything about it at least I'm trying not to. It's kind of hard when they shove it down your throat here though" she muttered walking on, "A few spells that they made us do on our classmates. What do you know?"

As he walked backwards, Tony listened to his friends words. Why she wasn't willing to learn about the abilities she held was beyond him. The young Ravenclaw had dreamt of the day he would cast his own spells. Hold his own wand. Hearing her question, Tony took out the custom; two wood wand. Spotting a stone upon the ground, Tony gave his wrist a gentle flick. "Wingardium Leviosa.". The stone rose, and as Tony continued to walk back-wards; it followed.

Reaching another turning, Tony glanced to his right before pausing. Turning his head back to Trinity, the young boy spoke softly to his friend. "Are you still hungry?". The entrance to the maze was a few feet away.

She heard the strange words he said and from somewhere in her memory knew it was the spell to float things. She couldn't remember exactly how she knew this but it had obviously come from her parents infrequent visits. Pulling a face at how he had been able to execute the spell efficiently, Trinity made a great show of clapping her hands.
"Bravo, bravo, bravo" she stuffed her hands down deep into her pockets again, "we had to stun a class mate, I mean hello!? how damn cruel is that?"
Continuing to walk on she merely nodded her head as he asked if she was still hungry, the loud growl from her stomach was more apparent.

As he watching the sarcastic claps from his friend, Tony wanted nothing more than to throw the stone at her. "I can't wait for that lesson then.". His eyes met hers. She could certainly be annoying at times.

As Trinity nodded in response to his earlier question, Tony dropped the stone to the ground and turned, once again, on his heals. "The exit.". Placing his wand away, Tony waited for Trinity to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back