As her eyes sparkled.

Tony Alraur

Finding himself with nothing to do, Tony stroked Peaches; before climbing from his bed and making his way out into the tower. The sun was shining gloriously out-side. Walking from the Ravenclaw tower was still a journey to reach the bottom of the castle, as Tony had yet to discover any secret passage-ways to use as a short-cut. Finally reaching the bottom, Tony headed towards the large doors; and into the grounds of Hogwarts.

As the sun shone down, Tony attempted to look around; but found the light reflecting from his glasses slightly annoying. Shielding his eyes with his hand, Tony set off towards the lawn. Having never been before, Tony wasn't really sure of what, or who, he would find.

Trinity had a free day, no classes at all and was thrilled to bits. She hated the subjects so far and the only one she was looking forward to hadn't started yet. With all the time she wanted on her hands she had pulled on a pair of jeans, thrown on a sweater and stuck her catapult into her pocket. Racing down the stairs at full speed with her tennis shoes, Trinity burst through the open front door and into the sunlight as if she were emerging to freedom for the first time after years of incarceration. The smile she had was bright and lit up her entire face.

Without second guessing where she was going she ran headlong down to the lawn where she had seen trees from the school windows. It didn't take her long at all to climb one and holding on with her knees again, let herself hang downwards as she often had done with the monkey bars. She still hadn't seen Tony yet but it wasn't for lack of trying. There classes just didn't coincide yet and being in separate houses meant they didn't see each other as much as Trinity would have liked. But they were under the same roof and that had gotten her through so far. As if her thinking about him had suddenly made him appear, Trinity smiled when she saw Tony passing. She held onto the branch and swung herself over and jumped down to land in front of him.

"Tony" she practically flung her arms about his neck, releasing him only when she thought it was passing the point of comfort. Her blue eyes practically danced as she smiled at him.
"I would tell you I missed you but you'd know I was lying" she grinned at him.

Nearing the lawn, Tony noticed a number of trees in the area and wondered if it was worth climbing one. A slight twinge interrupted the thought as he remembered falling that day in the park. The memory itself was over-shadowed by another, however, as Tony smiled slightly; remembering he had met Trinity that day. Scuffing both of his feet through the short grass, Tony past several trees without much consideration of anyone actually being in them. Within seconds, a shape had jumped from one and landed in front of him. Slightly stunned, Tony attempted to step backwards but was thwarted as the shape threw its arms around him. Taking everything in, Tony heard his name being shouted from the figure. Once he was released, Tony allowed his eyes to focus on the sun-drenched shape in front of him.

As words escaped the figure, Tony grinned widely when he realised it was the girl he had entrusted his friendship with. "Trinity.". Tony smiled at the girl. "I would say the same, but I never thought of you once.". Tony knew this was a lie. He had thought of her twice.

Trinity laughed out loud as she stood beside him looking about the lawn. It really was a great place to play, lots of trees and mazes and places to simply hang out and get up to stuff. She would gladly spend her days out here instead of back in the classroom any day. This was so much better than any of the parks back home.
"Liar, you missed me. I can tell. I'm a witch now I have mysterious powers" she got all deep voiced and silly as she said mysterious powers then laughed at her own foolishness.

"So what will we do? Do you have time to hang out?" she hoped he wasn't rushing off to a class somewhere. It was her first proper time with him in ages.

Tony heard the laughter ring through the air as Trinity stood beside him. There was something about her laugh which caused him to forget any of his troubles. Looking to his side, Tony grinned at Trinity's words. They did have mysterious powers. "Okay, but I have better powers than you.". Tony leaned his shoulder into the girl, nudging her ever so slightly.

Having already attended his lesson for the day, Tony had no requirement to be anywhere else. Spending time with Trinity sounded perfect. "I can be free for a while.". Tony smiled towards Trinity. "I feel like exploring something.". Tony could see the potential of the area. Everything was open to an adventure.

"What do you mean you have better powers than mine? Can you blow paper out of your mouth at high speeds? Can you whistle with two fingers really loudly? Can you shimmy a drain pipe? Or climb an ivy rail? I bet you've got things like lazer beams from your eyes and ice cold breath, huh?" she stuck her tongue out at him nudging him back laughingly.
"you know those types of powers don't count" she looked about the lawn seeing a huge maze ahead of them, "we could go exploring in that. Of course if we get lost all you'd have to do is blast a hole in the hedge".

She grabbed her sides laughing, "get it lazer beams, hole in hedge..." she sobered up and looked at him coughing exaggeratedly.
"You learnt any voodoo yet?"

As Trinity spoke once more, Tony began to think about the objects he could climb on; and shuddered slightly at the thought of falling off. Remembering the blue eyed girl was in the school with him, Tony knew he would be okay if he was to fall. "Oh yes. I'm an advanced superman." Tony laughed. It felt good to laugh. "These glasses are just a disguise." Tony said, smiling at Trinity. Looking to his left slightly, Tony fixed a stern look upon his face and whispered. "But don't tell anyone.". Tony nodded as he placed his index finger over his lips.

Having watched the girl enter a fit of laughter, Tony simply shook his head; and grinned at her. "Come on Joker. I'm sure we'll find you an audience in the maze.". Tony knew he couldn't have met anyone better. Thinking slightly about Trinity's last words, Tony set off towards the maze she had pointed out a few moments before. "Do I get to play with a squishy Trinity doll.". Tony beamed broadly.

Trinity was already in a giddy mood and Tony's referring to himself like superman and even more so with his glasses being part of his disguise, she nearly creased up completely. Holding her sides she stopped walking completely and put a hand up to stop him.
"Please ... no...more...sides.. splitting" she gasped feigning a side injury before standing up straight and sticking her tongue out at him once more, "you know I wouldn't be surprised if you did have one of those squishy dolls sticking pins and twisting it about just to make me suffer. Well not working, must be my super cool powers reacting against yours".

Trinity skipped a small bit before removing the catapult from her back pocket, she preferred carrying this around to her wand any day.
"Come on I'll race you" she grinned racing headlong towards the maze.

Tony's steps where interrupted as Trinity paused to laugh hysterically. Surely making someone laugh wasn't this easy. Tony began to wonder how much he had missed out on by not opening up to people. Shaking the thought away, Tony knew he would of easily gotten hurt that way. Looking into the girls eyes, Tony listened to her words and grinned. "I might feed it to Peaches later." Tony replied. The thought of seeing Trinity mauled by a huge cat flashed through his mind.

Watching the young girl skip, Tony noticed the catapult she had removed from her pocket. "Is that the one your granddad made?" he asked, not fully remembering what she had told him about it. His question seemed to reach thin air and dissipate as Trinity set off running towards the maze. Sighing at the thought of moving faster, Tony set off into a run after his friend.

Trinity nearly skidded when he mentioned he'd feed a doll version of her to his cat but picking herself up she continued on. Turning only when she reached the maze.
"Hands down!" she laughed throwing her own hands into the air and pretending to do a miniature lap, cupping her hands around her mouth she whooped in a hoarse sounding voice...
"And Trinity Cornwell wins by a league, beating Tony Alraur effortlessly. He stood no chance as her super speed took over" she lowered her hands and clenching one into a fist held it up to her mouth.

"So Trinity how does it feel to be the youngest athlete to win the Olympics 1500meters?" she said in a forced deep voice, before reverting to her own voice and moving to the other side, "Well I got to be honest here, it feels great!" once again the hands shot into the air and she giggled heartily.

She held up the catapult to Tony and nodded her head.
"Yeah, it's so cool isn't it? Want to hold it? You'll probably hurt yourself but don't worry I'm here" she nudged him playfullyl.

As he neared the maze, Tony could only stare in amazement as the young sparkly eyed girl took in all the glory of reaching the hedged pathway first. Realising he might not live the moment down for about an hour, Tony took a-hold of the catapult the young girl held out. "It seems okay.". Tony didn't really know what to make of it. Feeling the nudge, Tony looked towards the maze. "Last one in stinks." Tony yelled, as he ran through the hedged entrance.

Deciding to mimic the girl at her own fun, Tony turned on the spot. "And the crowd goes wild. Rahhhh! What a come-back!". Tony grinned broadly at the girl.

Trinity made a full scrunched up face of astonishment when he merely said the catapult was ok. She wasn't exactly offended by she figured he obviously hadn't a clue what sort of work and dedication went into making a proper one that could last, last long enough to be a family heirloom even. She put the catapult into her back pocket again and as she turned around once more saw Tony racing off through the maze. Naturally she could only laugh when he began to cheer loudly for himself, Trinity wasn't the worlds fastest runner by any stretch of the imagination but she did like to run. So with out further provocation she was off through the maze as well.
"Keep going!" she yelled to him as she all but caught up, "see how we get turned about if we just run any old way".There seemed to be something almost exciting and thrilling about getting lost in a maze, she had neither twine or breadcrumbs to help guide them back out but none of that seemed to bother her in the name of fun.

It took Trinity all but a few seconds to follow Tony into the maze, yelling as she did so. Catching her words, Tony turned around once more and set off. Running blindly through a maze allowed a sense of freedom rush through Tony. He had no idea what was going to appear around the next corner, or how far in they would go; or even how they would find their way out. This was becoming an adventure; a discovery. "Go left!" Tony yelled. Usually he had never been required to make directional decisions for anyone else before. He was always on his own at times like this.

Feeling it was best for the pair to stick together for now, Tony slowed slightly and grabbed for Trinity's arm; fully intending to drag her into his world.

Barely an ounce of wind could be felt as they ran through the hedgerows, Tony yelled to turn left and she did as soon as she neared the first turning. Soon she was behind him and saw his outstretched hand. Now that was a good idea, she reached for it and held on tight. If they separated now it could be the worse thing ever. She had never been in a maze before and figured this one was bound to be magical in some bizarre way.

As if in answer to her thoughts, there was a loud popping noise from behind her and she pulled on Tony's hand as she spun around. There before her was the strangest looking creature. All she could do at first was laugh at it until it omitted flames from its rear that seemed to propel it forward. Trinity screamed at the monstrosity coming towards them and turning hurriedly around collided with Tony.
"I think we better ...RUN!"

Feeling the young girl behind him grab his out-stretched arm, Tony ran faster; dragging the girl after him. Seconds later, Tony felt a tug from Trinity; and looked behind to see if she was still following. Noticing her looking back in their old direction, Tony stopped running; and stepped closer to the girl, hearing a small laugh escape her. Tony's eyes soon found the object to which Trinity had laughed at. Watching as several flames erupted from the back of the creature, causing it to move towards them, Tony heard Trinity scream; before she turned around and smacked into him. Stepping backwards, Tony shook off the impact and decided Trinity's idea of running was the perfect solution. Gripping her hand tighter, Tony turned on his heals and moved further into the maze; pulling the young girl behind him once more.

Rounding a corner to the right, Tony stopped running after several seconds; and leaned into the side of the hedge. Turning to Trinity, he attempted to catch his breath. "What was that!?".

o.o.c. If you feel this post god-modded slightly, I shall be more than happy to edit.

She felt his grip tighten on her hand as he turned as well pulling her along behind him, they kept running until at last Tony stopped and leaned against a hedge. Trinity released his hand to bend over slightly, resting her hands on her knees as she regained her own breath.
"I haven't a clue but man was it ugly. It had no eyes or anything. It was huge" she popped her head around the corner of the hedge only to see the creature veering off in the other direction pushed onwards by the flames.

"Now that is something you don't see everyday" she chuckled until finally she was in hysterics laughing once more. Turning around to Tony she smiled at him.
"I feel like Alice after falling through the rabbit hole. Did you ever read that story or see the cartoon?" she asked him, this place was so bizarre that it seemed to have come right out of a fantasy book. As if on cue Trinity heard another noise and turning around saw a handful of strange looking blue birds flapping about over the opposite hedgerow. Not a single sound came from them, not a chirp or a whistle. Looking from them to Tony she wondered if they were dangerous as well but they looked harmless enough. Still she didn't go near them.

"Will we continue or would you rather go back now?" she held her hand out to him and waited for his decision.

Looking at the young girl as she doubled over, presumably to catch her own breath, Tony attempted to re-call an image of the creature from his time being home-schooled. Nothing came to him, and Tony looked on puzzled; but not caring too much; as Trinity peered around the corner to check their safety. As Trinity broke out into laughter once more, it was apparent the pair where safe for now. Hearing her question, Tony nodded his head. Of course he had read the book. The entire rad was an adventure.

Following Trinity's gaze, Tony saw a handful of blue birds flutter across the maze; before smiling and turning back to face the girl, still leaning against the hedge. Listening to her latest question, Tony shrugged for an idea. He wanted to explore further. As he was about to speak, a loud rustle was heard from the hedge Tony leaned against. Within seconds he had been sucked through the green wall; his hand reaching out for Trinity, not a sound left his lips.

Trinity turned at the sound of a loud rustle from behind them and before she knew it, Tony was being pulled through the hedge. She reached for his hand but it was too late, he was gone and her hand was left holding a clump of leaves. Running around to the otherside she half expected him to be there lying on the ground laughing for giving her a scare but there was nothing there at all.

Trinity knew exactly what had happened, Magic! She frowned, her small face puckering up in disdain as she clamped clenched fists to her hips and called out his name.
"Tony! Tony!" but there was no reply.

Quickly she removed the catapult from her back pocket and picked up some stones from the ground preparing herself just in case. There was no point in her having her wand with her as she knew no spells anyway so the most she could do with it was shove it up somethings nose or stab something in the eye. Either option meant she had to be up close and that so was not going to happen. She started to run along the hedgerow turning here, swiveling about there, stopping to pick up more stones each time and pocketing them. Ammunition was always good though she didn't rightly know what she was to use it on.

There was still no sign of him and it was a good fifteen minutes since he had disappeared, still calling out his name and still twisting herself around in the maze, Trinity knew she would probably get old in there looking for him but she was not leaving without him.

Being pulled into a hedge was a new experience for this eleven year old boy. Sure he had climbed through several, or even over them; but to be physically sucked through one was completely new. Tony began to feel the maze had some form of magic attached to it, as he was pushed from the other side of the thick hedge; where he stood in awe as one of the walls moved towards him. Walking backwards, Tony turned to run before spotting another turning. Running into it, Tony watched the opening seal over.

Not fully understanding what was happening, Tony attempted to push his way through the new wall; and was met with disappointment. The hedges where simply too thick; and too tall to climb. Pulling off a few leaves, Tony set off walking along the new path-way. Everything was exciting. This was an adventure.

Rounding the next corner, Tony made his way to the left without any idea of where he would end up. His thoughts turned to Trinity. Stopping for a second, Tony looked behind him. The young girl was alone. Smiling, Tony somehow felt she would be okay; and continued on his new adventure.

Almost thirty minutes had passed and still there was no sign of Tony. Trinity was becoming weary, very much so. Tired, miserable and now hungry as well she turned another corner to see a gazebo ahead of her. Walking slowly towards it she held up her catapult and shot a stone in its direction. It fell on to the seat and stayed there. She smiled, no magic obviously then. Sitting down on the bench she sighed and looked about her, maybe this was the center of the maze itself, it would seem the ideal place to put a structure like a gazebo.

To make sure she began using the gorgoyles faces and claws on the side of the gazebo to help gain purchase so she could scale it and reach higher ground. She held on tight and looked about her, hoping she would be able to see her friend at least but there was nothing. It was as if the maze simply closed in on itself, not wanting her to cheat somehow. Not bothering to climb down this time, Trinity simply jumped and brushing herself down went and sat on the seat again. One of the annoying ghosts floated by and Trinity nearly jumped out of her own skin. She would never get used to that sight as long as she lived. The ghost turned to look at her.

"You look lost my dear, you really shouldn't come into the maze if you can't figure it out"

Trinity watched as the ghostly woman floated off again.
"Well you could have helped me!" she shouted after her and completely miserable now she lay herself down on the marble seat and curling herself into a ball began to doze off. If she didn't get back to the school in time for dinner surely someone would come looking for them.

Walking between the towering mass of twigs and leaves, Tony began to remember the small children's maze in the huge family park at home. It was small enough to see over at his age, but the first time through it was new and exciting for Tony. The excitement rushed back to him as he began to run along the pathways, listening to the rustle of the green walls; and stopping to watch in awe as several of them moved. After ten minuets, Tony heard a rustle behind him; and turned to watch yet another wall move to the side. Staring at the new gap, Tony gave it no thought at all and ran through it; the hedge closing over as soon as he did.

Passing turning after turning, Tony ran faster and faster. He wanted to leave his father in the maze, and run towards the centre; and towards Amy. Not understanding why, Tony ducked left; right; left; left; all the while running faster. Something was drawing him closer. Pushing him further into the un-known. Turning sharply right, "Thwooshh!", Tony ran straight into a hedge wall. "Oh for fmfhmm mfh!". His words muffled by a mouthful of leaves. Pushing himself from the rustling cage, Tony turned around and began to walk along the opposite path.

Another rustle ran across his ears, and Tony turned slowly; slightly bored at the hedge's repetitive movement. Not fully paying attention, Tony saw a gnome run across his path. Blinking, Tony stepped forward and looked around the turning he had first came from. The gnome had vanished. As he turned back around, Tony heard yet another rustle; and stood open mouthed as a second of the earlier creatures blasted its way from the hedge. Stumbling backwards, Tony fell to the ground; and managed to pull out his wand. Kicking his feet across the dirt path, Tony attempted to move backwards; as the ugly creature erupted flames behind it, and shot forward. Holding his wand out, Tony had no idea what to do with it.

As a further flame shot from the back of the creature, Tony fell to his back; and watched as the creature sailed over him. Not giving it chance to turn around, Tony rolled onto his stomach and jumped up, setting off in the same direction he was attempting to go moments before. "I hate this maze!". Tony's voice rang out along the pathway.

Trinity sat up and looked about her, a hand instantly wiped her eyes. She had heard a voice hadn't she? It had sounded like Tony's but she couldn't be completely sure. Standing up she put her hands up around her mouth and called out loudly.
"Tony! Tony!" and waited to hear something other than the rustling of the leaves as the bushes about the maze changed places closing off one section and opening another. That had been nothing more than cheating in her opinion. Another reason to hate stupid magical things. An ordinary maze would not have moved about making a person feel utterly useless and unable to get out.

She called out again louder this time and waited for an answer.

Seconds after he had yelled, Tony stopped himself. It wasn't true. He loved the maze. The moving walls added to the excitement and adventure. Tony knew he could enter the maze many times, and walk a different path each time. Extending his arm, Tony ran his fingers against the leaves as he set off once again; only to be abruptly stopped by a voice. "Tony! Tony!". Someone was calling him.

Moving forward, Tony strained his ears to catch the voice; trying to work out who it belonged to. Tony heard his name echo again, and looked a-head sharply. "Amy?". Surely it couldn't be. Running towards the voice, Tony heard further rustling as the hedges once more began to move; blocking the path ahead of him. Turning to his right, another gap opened and he stepped through it. "Trinity!". There, several feet away; Trinity stood, as if waiting for him to return.

Trinity saw movement and took a step backwards until finally Tony came into view. She heaved a sigh of relief before hands on hips let him have it.
"Where have you been?" she said angrily, "do you know how long you were gone for? don't you ever do that again..." her tone of voice took a major nose dive, "I was worried about you".

She sat back down on the marble bench and looked at him.
"I've gone around and around for the last half hour and can't find anyway out or you. I don't know how we'll get out of here, you're the Ravenclaw what do we do?"

Walking towards the young girl, Tony saw her place he arms upon her waist. The authoritative tone passed through Tony's ears, never to be processed. Smiling at her, Tony knew the girl had been worried; and her words only confirmed it. Moving towards the bench she was no sat upon, Tony gave a cheeky wave; and spoke. "I was exploring. I thought you could look after yourself. I saw a tiny creature thing run across the path; and another one of those ugly things. It almost killed me!". Tony's voice rose with every word, his excitement building as he began re-telling his story.

Taking little notice of her last statement, Tony responded. "It's simply. Go in to go out.". And with that, Tony headed to the left; passing Trinity and the bench. He was now determined to find the centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back