Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Eric <3
Wand
Knotted 15" Unyielding Walnut Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Minnie was nervous but she was sure this dance would go as well as the last. Afterall, the biggest difference between this one and the yuleball was that she and Eric were official. There was a lingering of her conversation with Noel in her head but it was just odd and awful as a conversation, she knew it had no bearing on how she felt. Minnie was however worried that her pink rose rather than red rose might’ve not been a good idea, she had thought red too bold but maybe Eric didn’t. She hoped he wouldn’t mind but she would feel bad about it. Of course she had arrived in plenty time, having taken a good amount to get ready, and incorporated the red rose that he had given her into her hair. She was sure this night would go well, it would good to spend this time with him before at least she focused on her work, on the upcoming game and everything else. She would welcome the distraction and down time being around Eric would provide but she was sure he knew that her studies and extra curriculars were very important to her. She knew she wouldn’t be waiting long and really didn’t mind the waiting when it was for him.

Eric felt deep inside his soul that he was going to screw this up somehow. There was no way he was allowed something as good and awesome as this for long. He loved that Minnie had wanted to be his girlfriend, still couldn't quite believe it, really, but he also worried how it would all end. She had broken up with Noel, and compared to Noel Eric was a mess. He hoped Minnie wouldn't mind that he was wearing the same suit as he had to the Yule Ball, but he really only had the one. He ran a hand through his hair as he headed towards the Great Hall, hoping Minnie hadn't been waiting for long. But the moment he saw her, some of his nerves disappeared. He grinned slightly. "You look, uh, really pretty." He told her, barely keeping himself from saying 'beautiful', that was a weird thing to say so early on, he was sure. "I got your rose, it was great." He added, glancing at the red rose Minnie was now wearing in her hair. He had been a bit worried she would've thought it weird, especially when he saw she had sent him a pink one, but if she put it in her hair that meant she liked it, right?

Minnie looked to Eric as he approached her and smiled, blushing lightly. ”You look handsome too,” she said leaning in and kissing him lightly on the cheek. She leaned away as he mentioned her rose. ”I got yours too,” she motioned to the rose in her hair. She looked a little shyly, looking a little away from him. ”I’m sorry mine was only pink..I just...I didn’t..,” she didn’t want to say that she loved him, it seemed a little soon, but she didn’t want to say she didn’t either. She took a small breath and looked up at Eric and placed her hands on his cheeks and leaned in to kiss him, as if to apologise for her a lack of red rose and to explain it and to make up for it too. She thought it was a good way to say and express things that she couldn’t find the words for.

Eric felt himself blush a bit when Minnie called him handsome, he resisted the urge to deny it or make some sort of joke about it. He flushed more deeply when she mentioned that her rose had been pink, and that she apologized for it. He held up his hands. "No, uh. I just- I don't know how these things work. I figured red was... like, right if you were dating." He said hurriedly. "But pink is good, it's great. I liked it." He assured her, before kissing her gently. He wondered how long it would be awkward as they figured things out.

Minnie felt some reassurance that he didn’t mind, that he hadn’t been sure what to send, it was just nice to know that she wasn’t the only one trying to navigate all of these new things. It had always been easy with Noel because well, she had followed what she had believed she should be more than how she had actually legitimately felt. She thought the kiss would make up for it and she really just wanted to kiss him. When she pulled away she gently brushed her fingers over his lips to wipe away some of her lipstick, she needed better ones. But then just smiled, ”Shall we have at least one dance?” she asked.

Eric couldn't help smiling at Minnie, feeling his heart flutter as she touched his lips. He nodded at her question before even really thinking about it, then he hesitated. "I... am kind of a sh*t dancer." He admitted. "Uh, sorry. But I can try." He muttered, hoping his language didn't put her off.

Minnie gave him a little smile, not too thrown off by his wording. ”it’s okay, I know dancing is more my thing, I did read several books about it,” she joked with a little smile, and though she did want to dance decided that they could do maybe what he wanted. She gave him a little smile, ”What do you want to do? Eat snacks, get a drink, get some air?” she asked, she wouldn’t mind what they did, dancing was nice, and it was what people did but she was trying to not just do what was expected of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back