Birth Date: July 20, 2011.
Current Age: Thirteen years old.
Hair: Brown, pixie cut short.
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 3.25"
Weight: 25kg
Arty12.png
| Home Life |
Parents: Gregory Simon Yearling, Beatrice Dierdre Blackmoore.
Siblings, if any:
- Deirdre Yearling
- Gregory Yearling
- Bess Blackmoore
- Connie Blackmoore
- Simon Blackmoore
Pets, if any: Percy the white raven
Area of Residence: Langton, New Zealand
Blood status: Mixed blood.
Arty13.png
| School Information |
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw, due to both her goblin blood and similar personality to her father and brother, Gregory (both in Ravenclaw).
Best school subjects: Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology.
Worst school subjects: Charms.
| Interesting Info |
Patronus: Willy Wag-Tail
Boggart: Her own broken body, dead.
Animagus: An elephant (Being the biggest animal she can think of)
Mirror of Erised: Her entire family together again.
Memory used for Patronus: N/A
<i>
</i>
Wagtail.png

Hey there, Artemis. :) I'm going to try to help you develop your character a bit.

Here are some questions, I'm asking them out of character you can answer them either way you choose. :)

What does Artemis think of her names?
Why is her last name hyphenated?
Does Artemis have any distinguishing features or marks? (Birthmarks, scars, moles, crooked nose, anything?)
What are Artemis' parent's professions? What are her parents like? Five adjectives for each of them?
What is it like for Artemis, being the youngest of her siblings?
How does she get along with her siblings?
Does she feel closer to any one of her siblings than the other?
Did her whole family move to New Zealand, or just Artemis while school is in?
If her family is still in London - why is Artemis going to school so far from home?
So the rest of her siblings go to/have gone to Hogwarts in Scotland, right? Why is Artemis different?
What will Artemis' favourite and least favourite subjects be? (Often different than best and worst)
Though difficult, is there anything that Artemis is afraid of more than everything else?
Does Artemis often choose not to answer personal questions? Is there a reason for that?
Does Artemis have any goals for herself while in Hogwarts?
Does Artemis have any special talents? Can she dance? :p

I think that'll be it for now.

I shall do that indeed!

What does Artemis think of her names?
She in in fact, extremely proud of them. It pleases her that her name is big, because she is small.

Why is her last name hyphenated?
It is hyphenated because, technically, she is a Yearling. But out of respect for her mother and father's divorce, she has adopted her mother's maiden name.

Does Artemis have any distinguishing features or marks? (Birthmarks, scars, moles, crooked nose, anything?)
She does have a rather nasty scar on her left hip where she broke it after falling out of a tree. She was bedridden for months as it healed, and then discovered that the place where the bone pierced through had given her a fetching reward (she she likes to put it).

What are Artemis' parent's professions? What are her parents like? Five adjectives for each of them?

Artemis's father, Gregory Yearling, is a Healer, specializing in creature-inflicted injuries. Her mother, Beatrice Blackmoore is an inn waitress.
Five words for each -
Gregory: Proud, pleasant, amiable, eccentric, dedicated.
Beatrice: Fierce, haughty, generous, beautiful, excitable.

What is it like for Artemis, being the youngest of her siblings?
She feels compelled to make up for her small stature by being the loudest, strongest and wildest of her siblings.

How does she get along with her siblings?

Fabulously. There is no-one more affectionate than Artemis, and she dotes upon her siblings like no others.

Does she feel closer to any one of her siblings than the other?

Artemis has a strong sense of admiration for the eldest brother, Simon. He is as tall as she is short, and she literally looks up to him for everything, including the cookie jar.

Did her whole family move to New Zealand, or just Artemis while school is in?

Poor Artemis is all by herself in New Zealand. She misses her family dreadfully.

If her family is still in London - why is Artemis going to school so far from home?
Although the Yearling's are based in Yorkshire, Artemis's mother's family lived in New Zealand themselves for many years. Artemis, under influence of her mother who attended Hogwarts New Zealand years back, has followed in her sibling's footsteps and attended as well.

So the rest of her siblings go to/have gone to Hogwarts in Scotland, right? Why is Artemis different?
In fact, no. Bess, Connie and Simon transferred to HNZ just like Artemis when they moved away with Artemis's mother.

What will Artemis' favourite and least favourite subjects be? (Often different than best and worst)
Artemis's least favourite subject is, in fact, the one that she is worst at (she has the bad habit of neglecting the subjects that she dislikes); charms. All those fiddly, complex spells are a nightmare to a simple girl like Artemis. She prefers herbology.

Though difficult, is there anything that Artemis is afraid of more than everything else?
Artemis hasn't yet encountered anything that she is directly afraid of, though if she ever meets a boggart, she'll soon know. Most of all, Artemis fears rejection from people she likes (though she doesn't know this). Anyone she doesn't like she wouldn't give a fig.

Does Artemis often choose not to answer personal questions? Is there a reason for that?
Artemis simply doesn't know what to say. Not a person given to introspection, she isn't.

Does Artemis have any goals for herself while in Hogwarts?
Simply the expansion of knowledge.

Does Artemis have any special talents? Can she dance?

She certainly does! Artemis, for her size, is incredibly strong. She has no hesitations in picking up a fully grown adult and tossing them over her shoulder without a second thought.

Thanks for answering all those questions!
Artemis, under influence of her mother who attended Hogwarts New Zealand years back, has followed in her sibling's footsteps and attended as well.
I'd just like to mention that HNZ's first graduating class is in their sixth year now. ^_^

No problem! It was a pleasure. Oh, and I did mean that they had attended Hogwarts back in England. It all got a bit confusing while I was trying to work out who went where :doh: My apologies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back