Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Kalif II
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Chestnut Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Liusaidh was loving the fact she didn't have any exams this semester, of course knew it meant she'd end up with loads of exams come the end of the next semester, but that was a problem firmly for future liusaidh and not one she'd likely even deal with then, she'd never cared for exams and wouldn't begin caring for them now. After all, she knew from the last letter with Aonghas that soon she'd be working at the store in New Zealand, and with her knowledge of the family business that would be a permanent job until she got bored or went to do something else for the family, so it really didn't matter. She arrived at the hall and made a beeline for the snacks, looking at what was on offer this time comparatively with last time. She picked out a snack to eat and began watching the room. Perhaps it was a little time for her usual brand of mischief. It had been a while since she'd been in trouble and as prefect it would be more fun...

Natalia was starting to hate events like this. Last time, at Halloween, she had been humiliated to see her sister hanging out with a group of friends when she had been by herself. At least, until Brooke had been nice enough to talk to her. She had been sort of hoping to talk to Brooke again at the yule ball, she was nice company. Natalia smoothed down her dress and looked around for anyone familiar, accidentally meeting Liusaidh's eyes for a second. Natalia considered ignoring her, but she knew her parents wouldn't forgive her for being rude. She was also aware she had exaggerated her friendship with the older girl to her parents and sister. On the off-chance Isadora was paying any attention to her, she supposed it wouldn't hurt to talk to Liusaidh at least for a bit. She headed over to the older girl, giving her a polite greeting with a nod. "Good evening, Liusaidh." She said stiffly, remembering how rude the girl could be. She just had to be extra polite to make up for it. "I hope you're enjoying the dance."

Liusaidh glanced from her snack to Natalia and smirked at her. Natalia was an interesting person to Liusaidh if only because she seemed very up tight. She nodded at the politeness. "Good evening Natalia," she said with the same politeness back at her. "I am, I hope you are too, and willnae be gettin' up tae any mischief, wouldnae want tae take point fae ye," she giggled lightly at the statement. Being able to lord the prefect status over other people was probably the most fun she had with it. There wasn't much else fun with it.

Natalia felt somewhat relieved when Liusaidh answered her politely. She hadn't forgotten how complimenting Liusaidh's looks had backfired on her last time she tried to talk to her at a dance. But there was always something in Liusaidh's expression that felt dangerous like she was in on some joke Natalia didn't understand yet. She frowned slightly at her words. "I think you know I won't be getting up to any mischief." She said, a hint of exasperation in her voice. "Have you taken points from someone yet?" She couldn't help but ask. She didn't understand why Liusaidh had been made perfect, but she supposed it was her right as a pureblood. It was just unfortunate that she was such an irresponsible person.

Liusaidh laughed lightly and nodded. "Aye, but ye never know, maybe todays the day ye act more like yer sister," Liusaidh didn't think Natalia was capable of doing something that would get her into trouble. 'But ah guess ye wouldnae want tae tarnish that old family name," Liusaidh had never cared about her family name, and despite all her antics she'd still gotten a good amount of opportunities. "Mischief has only helped me," she commented before shaking her head, "Naw not yet, havenae caught anyone worth taking points fae...,"

Natalia frowned slightly. "I suppose Isadora has left an impression on you." She said, the disapproval clear in her voice. She felt a little frustrated at Liusaidh's next words, feeling as if she was mocking her. "Of course." She said firmly. "Surely you understand that." She added, her frown deepening. Natalia took a deep breath, smoothing down her skirt. "I would appreciate it if you stopped making fun of me." She said, raising her chin slightly to look Liusaidh in the eye. "I'm only trying to have a civil conversation." She knew her parents would disapprove of her talking to Liusaidh like this, but she was tired of constantly feeling like the butt of a joke she didn't know about whenever she was talking to her.

Liusaidh shrugged, she liked Isadora better, she was more fun and Liusaidh was always all about fun. Liusaidh kept listening as it appeared Natalia began getting quite frustrated with her. She couldn't help the little frown. "Why dae ye bother even talkin' tae me?" Liusaidh asked her with almost more confusion in her tone than anything else. "Ah get bein' polite tae me cause ae family and that, but ye go oot yer way to chat tae me sometimes and ye cannae stand me and ah think yer a bore....Ma da likes yer family, you dinnae need tae keep tryin' wae me," Liusaidh told her rather bluntly.

Natalia knew Liusaidh could be blunt, but her question took her completely by surprise. She flushed and shook her head, stammering a bit. "I- I'm just trying to..." She faltered, trying to find the words. "I can stand you." She added quickly, wincing. She hadn't done a good job hiding her dislike. "I just think you can be rather..." She fumbled for words. "Direct, blunt... maybe... rude?" The one thing she could cling to was what Liusaidh said about her dad, but this was still a disaster. She finally decided to give her a version of the truth. "My parents want me to make.. good pureblood connections." She finally said hesitantly. "I don't know anyone besides you." She added, hating how pathetic it sounded.

Liusaidh watched her falter in what she was saying with some curiousity. She was quite curious as to the answer. She raised her eyebrow at the first statement and the laughed at the second, since it was probably the nicest way of referring to her. She got the impression that what she was told wasn't entirely it, but it was probably closer. "Ye've made this connection Natalia, anythin' ye or yer family needs, consider the Fergussons there," she assured her. "And we've the connections tae the Styx and that family wae Katia, cannae say they'll be as there, but there's a way in, so ye've made at least two solid connections, yer parents cannae ask fae much more if they arenae also willnae tae dae the work," Liusaidh said. She considered the girl in front of her. Short of marrying her much older brother, there was nothing more that the family could offer.

Natalia was feeling pretty flustered, Liusaidh had really caught her off guard. She nodded blankly, not sure how to feel about this. "I- thank you." She finally said, clasping her hands together anxiously. She was silent for a moment, considering. Finally, she sighed, her shoulders sagging a little. "I suppose this is your way of saying I should stop trying to be your friend." She finally said, feeling vulnerable saying something so openly. "I... apologize if I bothered you too much." She added, looking away. Maybe she shouldn't have said that, but it felt like Liusaidh had broken some sort of barrier with her blunt words. Natalia felt like she could be honest and say what she thought, which wasn't a sensation she was used to. There was always a chance this was some sort of trick by Liusaidh to make fun of her, but Natalia somehow didn't think so.

Liusaidh frowned, she couldn't imagine why Natalia really wanted to be her friend. They didn't need to be friends, they weren't exactly the most alike people, they didn't need to be anything more than people who said hello and at times if the families needed it. She rolled her eyes at her. "Ye dinnae bother me Natalia, come on, ahm no that easily annoyed," Liusaidh wondered if perhaps part of this was that Natalia hadn't made that many friends at school. "Wanna go dance?" she asked, motioning to the dancefloor.

Natalia figured Liusaidh would brush her off now, after telling her there was no need to keep talking to her. So she was pretty shocked when the older girl said she didn't bother her. She couldn't quite suppress a small snort when she said she wasn't easily annoyed. "You just said I'm a bore." She pointed out, somewhat dryly. Natalia frowned slightly when Liusaidh asked her to dance, but after a moment of hesitation, she nodded. This interaction could hardly get any weirder, but Natalia was strangely enjoying herself. "Alright." She said slowly.

Liusaidh laughed lightly, "Aye, ah said yer a bore, no a bother," she wasn't sure if others thought there was much of disintiction but, she thought there was. After all, Liusaidh found Natalia to be boring, but not a bother, and someone like Rosenberg to be a bother but not boring. She was almost expecting Natalia to say no, but she didn't. Instead agreeing to it. Liusaidh put down what she'd been eating and then wiped her hands on a napkin which she discarded by throwing on the ground and then began moving to the dance floor. She began dancing in the way that someone who wasn't bothered about doing it well did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back