Are you enjoying this?

Evette let her tears roll as she hadn’t done so in a few months now and being who she was in the situation she was in it was hard for her to not cry every once in a while. She was surprised that she had let herself become this open around Andrew but in all honesty he was the only one who had bothered to give her any sort of attention as of late and not the sort of attention one gets by having veela blood but the attention one gets when they’re having a bad day, or three months in her case. When Andrew told her not to worry she lifted her head to look at him. Wiping away her tears she gave him a soft smile, it alleviated some stress that she had been carrying on her shoulders as of late. Everyday she’d worry in case somehow someone found out that she was pregnant but now someone knew outside of her work circle she felt a little better, it was almost getting too much for her and she often wondered if it would be really all that bad if the press found out, surely there’d be more questions when she started showing and she’d much rather just get it over and done with so once it got closer to the time she wasn’t being surrounded by paparazzi all the time.

“Thank you.” she said softly as she wiped away the remainder of her tears feeling much better now. She had often forgotten how good it was to just have a cry every once in a while. It helped her so much. After composing herself her eyes shot back to Andrew again, this time he was the one that didn’t look well; the colour had drained from her. Swinging her legs over the side of the bed she leaned forward a bit and was about to ask if he was alright until he got there before her with a question of his own. At his question Evette bit her bottom lip. Of course the father knew, he knew before she did which she found strange, but he didn’t want anything to do with her and only cared that the child had his last name when they were born. Of course he had offered to help with money and what not but Evette told him that she wanted none of his money, she had enough for herself and she’s much rather forget about the man full stop. Evette nodded her head at his question. Before she spoke it hit her. She had been thinking about it not too long ago. Andrew would make an excellent father and for a short while she had thought that the babies were his as both relations happened around the same time. She knew it would be an awful thing to do but right now she wasn’t quite in her right frame of mind. “The father knows alright, he just found out actually.” she said, making it seem like she was nervous for his reaction, the way any unexpecting father to be would react.

Evette was beginning to look more calm to Andrew, which was a good thing because right now he knew he would be in no condition to rush forward and help her if she were to be sick or faint. Andrew couldn't remember the last time he'd felt this bad. He felt a cold sweat running down his back, his hands were not trembling only because he was gripping the arms of the chair extremely hard as he waited for Evette to answer him. He was only twenty-five and he barely knew Evette. Granted, from what he did know he thought she was absolutely amazing, but there was no way he could be a father. He traveled all the time, sleeping with tons of girls and he did not want to give up that life, not yet anyway. Add to that that he barely took care of himself sometimes, and the picture was not of a model father. What an idiot, IDIOT! He berated himself.

As she answered his question, Andrew's eyes slowly closed and his hand moved to squeeze the bridge of his nose. He refused to believe that she was saying he was the father until she actually came out and stated the words. It had to be some sort of mistake. Andrew knew he was probably in major denial, but it was all he had to hold on to at this point. Opening his blue eyes again, he looked back up into Evette's face, searching for some sign that she was joking or that she was speaking about someone else. He couldn't tell though. All he knew was that she looked as if she were anxiously awaiting some sort of response from him. "I...I don't know what to say" he muttered as he looked away again, licking his lips nervously. "What are you going to do with...the baby?" he asked anxiously.

Evette continued to bite her bottom lip as she took in Andrew’s reaction to the news. She knew that there was a chance that Andrew could be like Arnost and not want anything to do with her or her children but it was worth a chance for Evette would much prefer Andrew to have been the father if she had to choose out of the two because in all honestly he was hot compared to Arnost and with Andrew’s looks and Evette’s looks put together they would have some beautiful children. Not that she would ever call any of her children ugly, all children were beautiful, especially when they are born. She couldn’t help but wonder though what Andrew would say to the bombshell, most men didn’t take to it kindly. Then again, even if Andrew was the dad, Evette didn’t expect him to pretty much drop his whole lifestyle to become a father. Like Evette he had a busy lifestyle and being tied down to anything always made for slight bumps in the road and it was always hard to be fully committed to both. Evette knew she would have to face this experience soon enough but she had done it before whereas Andrew hadn’t and she was starting to think that maybe she should just put him out of his misery.

When he finally spoke Evette nodded her head slowly, it was a big thing to learn that you were going to become a parent...even if you weren’t really going to be a parent. At his question Evette held back the urge to laugh. If he reacted this badly to the thought of one baby he was going to have a field day with what she had to tell him. “I’ll be keeping my babies, all four of them.” she said, wondering if he was going to pass out or anything at the news because that’s what Evette did, it was a big thing to find out you were pregnant but with Quads...it was pretty scary. “Look Andrew, I don’t expect you to do or say anything. I never planned on actually telling you so you don’t have to worry.” she said with a reassuring smile. She had raised LeAnn on her own and she could do it again.

Andrew could honestly say that up until this moment, he had never before thought about being a father. That was simply a world of responsibility he was not ready for. His own father hadn't been either. Andrew knew that his father had abandoned his muggle mother when he'd discovered she was pregnant and if it wasn't for the fact that odd things kept happening around him because of the magic in him, he probably wouldn't have even known the man. He couldn't imagine how his life would have turned out not growing up traveling to different quidditch fields and living in a mansion during the off-season in Brazil. When Evette spoke, Andrew's jaw clenched tightly and what little color he had left disappeared. He felt the urge to laugh hysterically, faint and have a stiff drink all at once "Four? Did you just say four?" he thought aloud hoping that he had heard wrong.

He listened as she spoke on, wondering what she was trying to say. Would she really have simply never told him? He shook his head and stood on slightly shaky legs. "I need a minute" he said as he walked into the bathroom and leaned over the sink and mirror. Run. Run and don't look back, a part of him said because that was the easy thing to do. She hadn't been planning on telling him anyway which meant she didn't expect anything from him. As good as that option sounded, he knew he couldn't though. He would feel like a coward, a failure and he didn't think he'd be able to live with himself if he did that to anyone. After splashing some water on his face, Andrew felt slightly better and left the room in a false calm only to begin pacing because he could not be still. His eyes moved over to the bed where Evette still sat and he looked down towards her stomach where four unborn children were being kept safe in their mother's womb. "You really weren't going to tell me about this?" he asked, his voice rising in disbelief as he gestured to her stomach. He leaned against a wall, his arms crossing across his chest as he awaited her answer.

Evette let out a soft laugh when she saw and heard Andrew’s reaction to the fact that she was currently pregnant with not one but four babies. She knew that the multiple gene must have come from Arnost’s side of the family because there was never even any history of twins that Evette knew off anyway. Then again Evette barely kept in touch with the part of her family that she did know and there was another part of her family, a huge part actually, that she never knew growing up and by now figured it too late to start to get to know them – not that she’d even know where to start if she did want too. “Yes Andrew, four.” she reassured the man. A small part of Evette was excited about having four new babies to look after. She loved little LeAnn with all of her heart but she was growing up and would be attending school shortly and then she wouldn’t have a baby girl anymore; well technically. Due to Evette never really knowing her family having more children to look after would fill that void that she never got filled in her own childhood.

After Evette told Andrew that she wasn’t even going to tell him about this and that she understood if he didn’t want anything to do with her or the children she expected him to confirm her words, that he didn’t want anything to do with the children and that she should just leave and never to be seen again. When he told her that he needed a minute she nodded her head and watched him go into the bathroom. With a sigh she took off her heels and gave her feet a light rub. One of the worst things about pregnancy was when her feet start to swell; it made her job a hell of a lot worse. Reaching into her purse she took out a few wipes and walked over to the mirror to rub off the make-up that had got ruined while she had been crying. Looking at herself in the mirror she gave a soft sigh as she moved back over to the bed where she had been sitting and waited for Andrew to come out of the bathroom. Turning her head when she heard Andrew come out she watched him starting to pace again. When he finally stopped pacing and questioned her she lightly shrugged her shoulders. “Because I figured you would react like you just have; badly. It wasn’t worth telling you to have this on your shoulders when really you don’t care about me or the children.” she said, she was lucky she could lie on the spot or this wouldn’t work out well.

Andrew grimaced and wondered what he had gotten himself into. All he had wanted from Evette was a good time and he had gotten that. He certainly hadn't bargained for any of this though. It was supposed to be a one time thing, perhaps two at most if she had ever shown up in New Zealand. But that was as far as it was supposed to go. Nothing serious.

He couldn't believe that she expected him to take the news any other way but badly. Maybe if it had been one child she was expecting, he would be slightly more composed, but four children? At once? He couldn't believe how nonchalant she was about all of this. "Well, how did you expect me to take this?" he began a little angrily. "Sorry if I'm not taking having four kids well enough for you. Two minutes ago, I didn't have any kids and in a few months, I'm going to have four?!" He couldn't believe his luck. He didn't want think he wanted any children. Four was nearly too much to handle. He was only twenty-five for crying out loud.

Evette figured that Andrew was pretty much a hopeless cause, not that he was really the father but her fun was over when he clearly wasn’t having any of it. Evette didn’t blame him, heck when she was twenty five she didn’t expect to have a four year old daughter and in Andrew’s case he was about to gain four and even at that they weren’t even his children. Evette felt that she should back out of this now but she was thinking that it might do Andrew some good to get a hit of reality at what could happen if he kept this lifestyle up. Sure Evette could take a leave out of her own book as it took two to tango but from now on she was definitely going to make sure that she used protection and hopefully scare Andrew into doing the same thing. When he started talking again Evette raised her eyebrows at him, clearly not amused with his tone of voice. “I thought you would be different than every other man on this planet and actually take responsibility for your actions but I guess you proved me wrong.” she said, fed up now and just wanting to go home. “Goodbye Andrew.” she said as she stood up and went about gathering her things before leaving.

Ugh! There it was, the words he knew were coming. Andrew did not like being compared to other people ever. It was one of the reasons why he'd become an athlete, to set himself apart from other guys. Now, he'd done it though and Evette was gathering her things to leave. Some small part of him didn't want her to though. "I am different" he said indignantly though he knew that was probably what everyone else said too.

If he stayed quiet, Andrew knew that she would leave and likely never see him or speak to him again. That would certainly be easier and he would be free of responsibility, but he might never get the chance to meet them. Surely, he wouldn't be Evette's favorite person if she left right now and he didn't know how he felt about allowing that to happen. "Don't go..." he sighed heavily, feeling as if he'd aged in the few moments since he'd found out. Rubbing the back of his head, Andrew moved closer to her. "You'll have to give me some time to get used to this...but I guess we'll be seeing lots more of each other. I..." he paused, his adam's apple bobbing nervously. "I want to be involved."

A part of Evette was disappointed that Andrew had proved himself to be just like every other man. She had only been in this situation once and that was with LeAnn’s father and he was a married man. Although he had offered to help Evette out with financial aid and such, he didn’t want to be part of their daughters life and that was the one thing Evette was looking for, so she let her pride step in and told the man what he could do with his money. This time round she had done the exact same thing with Arnost and would just tell Andrew the same thing it that’s what he had come out with. Although a part of Evette was relieved that Andrew was acting this way because she didn’t know if she could keep up with this lie she had started.

Standing up with her shoes in one hand and her bag in the other she got ready to leave when she heard Andrew say something. She looked at him with curious eyes. So he claimed he was different? Before leaving Evette was going to give one more retort but Andrew beat her to it. Her eyes widened slightly as she heard what he had to say. She watched Andrew move closer and she started to feel her heart race. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Are you sure Andrew? This is a lifetime deal.” she reminded him, hoping to scare him enough because she really couldn’t keep up with this whole lie for Merlin knew how long.

Andrew still wasn't entirely sure that the words had come out of his mouth, but judging by the look on Evette's face, they had. She was staring as if she couldn't believe what he'd just said. That made two of them. He listened to what seemed like a warning as it was delivered from her mouth. Lifetime deal? He thought to himself, knowing that this really wasn't a light decision to make. For the first time in his life Andrew could understand why his father had run when he had found out that Andrew was coming into the world. It was scary to think that he would be responsible for a child, no, children in some way. When it had come down to it, his father had stepped up and done the right thing, even if he had been forced to slightly. Andrew knew that he had to at least try for that reason alone. Shaking his head, Andrew would have chuckled if he wasn't busy controlling his nerves, "No. I'm not sure." Quidditch, girls and partying were things he could be sure about; kids, he could not.

Try as he might to appear the carefree playboy athlete, Andrew lived by two huge things. The first was that he never give up. It was what made him a good athlete where others might stop and rest, Andrew didn't mind letting a bit of blood and sweat run if it meant he would be the victor in the end. His other tenet was more of a promise he'd made to his father to one day right before he'd really begun to take his quidditch career seriously during his fifth year of schooling. His father had sat him down in their lavish mansion and swept his hand around, telling his son that none of it mattered if there was no one to share it with which was why he was glad he had Andrew. As a teenager, he hadn't quite understood. Now, he thought he was beginning to. "I'm willing to try though. If you'll let me of course" he added and then shrugged as if the answer wouldn't matter much to him. The decision was no longer on him now.

Evette tried to compose herself so that at least on the outside she would look calm and nothing like her insides, screaming bloody murder. If Andrew wanted to be part of her and the babies’ lives then she would be bringing him into a lie and while she could do some pretty low things to people this would be one of the worst things she could do. Making a man believe that he was a father when she knew he wasn’t and knew that he didn’t want this; who would? Andrew was still young and had a promising career in front of him, would it really be wise to do this to him? It could ruin him; the paparazzi would have a field day with this if they found out. When Andrew contradicted himself and said he wasn’t sure she let out a small sigh and shook her head, she wished that he would make his mind so this nightmare would end already. “Alright Andrew, I’ll let you try, just so my children grow up with a father figure around.” she said, trying to get herself to stop, but she couldn’t. She knew what it was like not having a father and she already put LeAnn though that so she wasn’t going to do it for the Quads. “If we’re going to make this work we have to sort out a few things first.” She said sitting down for a moment as she thought. “You’ll have to move in for starters.” she said, not really to Andrew as she let ideas flow through her head. “Do you even have a home or do you live from hotel to hotel?” she asked, realising that each time that they met he was staying in an hotel

Andrew waited silently in front of Evette, his arms crossed in front of his chest. What she would say would determine the next path that his life would take. If she ultimately denied him the chance to raise his children, he knew he wouldn't fight it. Not right now anyway. Perhaps years in the future when it was much too late he would care, but by then his children would probably want nothing to do with him. If she said yes, then he would have the chance to show himself, his father and everyone who thought he was just a partier that he could be responsible when it came down to it.

As she spoke, Andrew nodded his head, choosing to ignore the fact that she said my and not our children. Obviously, she was still in doubt that he truly would remain involved and he didn't blame her. He stepped over to the chair for the third time this night and sat as she once again sat on his bed. Andrew's blue eyes widened when she mentioned him moving in. That so wasn't happening. "Of course I have a home" he scoffed. He had a really big one actually. It was a bachelor pad though and certainly not suitable for children but he would have half a year to get it in shape. "The two times you've seen me, I've been in town for games. I live in New Zealand" he pointed out to her and then continued, "And why would I have to move in? The kids aren't here yet..." Andrew had no intention of giving up his house. He'd only just bought it recently.

Evette began to chew the inside of her gums as she thought. She would give Andrew a chance but she wouldn’t make it easy for him, to see if he was even father material she would put him through the tests of being a father or at least give him full blow of the effects of a pregnant woman; if he couldn’t handle a few of her small requests then she would know he wasn’t father material, he would realise it too and then she wouldn’t have to drag him a long in this whole stupid mistake she had gotten herself into. She watched him as he went to sit down wondering how he would react to her slightly most snotty side that was magnified by her hormones. She listened to what he had to say and was actually quite glad that he did have a home of his own to live at because living from hotel to hotel was never fun, having done it at times. “Fine.” she said with a sigh, understanding his point of view. “I don’t expect how you are going to be a present father if you don’t even live in the same place but fine.” she said with another, slightly over dramatic sigh.

“Well you will at least accompany me on the next few appointments I have at the hospital. We can tackle the press when we get to that but I shouldn’t be showing for another month or so at least so we can give our publicists time to put their heads together and make up something.” she started to babble as her mind went into overload, taking the aspects of being a mother and a celebrity into prospect. “Although closer to the time I expect you to be on hand as while I have a due date I’ve been told Quads like to come early.” she warned him. Becoming quite tired she figured it would be a good time to start wrapping things up. “Do you have any questions?” she asked Andrew, being ‘the father’ she knew that she’d have to take some of his concerns into the whole equation.

Andrew stared at Evette, trying to get a read at what she was thinking. He had the feeling that the next few months would be some of the most difficult of his life. He would be getting a crash course in dealing with pregnant women and once that was done the crash course on dealing with babies would begin. As she sighed, his eyebrow lifted. She had a point, but surely she just couldn't expect him to give up his pad just like that to shack up with a woman he barely knew. When she began to list things he needed to do. Now it was his turn to sigh. Andrew hadn't realized that this would obviously be a big event for the press. A quidditch star and a model? It would be a field day. "I'll call Eileen in the morning" he sighed. She was not going to be happy about this. The woman preferred dealing with his career life rather than any personal life matters.

He nodded, sitting up and leaning his arms across his knees. "That sounds fine Evette. I'll head with you to those appointments and when it gets closer, I'll move in. " He had no idea that quads sometimes came early and it made him slightly rethink the whole waiting to move in idea. He hoped that she wouldn't continue being so bossy, but he wasn't going to hold his breath for that. Andrew had heard horror stories from buddies and teammates about how scary pregnant women could be. When she asked whether he had any questions, Andrew shook his head. "Not right now...when's your next appointment?" he asked. He knew he would probably have a million questions come to his mind in the next few hours, days and months since everything about this was new to him. Right now, he just wanted to crash for a couple of hours. Who knows? Maybe when I wake up this'll all have been a terrible dream, he mused, not getting his hopes up for that either.

Evette was surprised how easy it seemed to be to lie to Andrew, she figured that everything she was saying would be something that she’d like the father of her children to do and she was taking it out of Andrew as he was the closest male at the moment. Another thing that surprised her was the fact that Andrew seemed to be taking to it well, better now that he had sometime to think about it and let it sink in. A part of her did feel bad but she couldn’t back out now, it was too late. She nodded her head when he told her about calling someone in the morning whom she took to be his publicist. She would have to contact her own, of course Diane knew about the whole baby situation but now there was a father to add into the equation it was going to make things a bit more difficult but definitely interesting for the press. She tried not to think about it now because as of late the press had been giving her a headache and to add on the whole new web of lies was just going to make it worse.

She should have known that all of her demands were a bit much for Andrew but she was a bit to rash, everything was making her hormones go more haywire than usual. When he said that he would move in closer to the birth a small smile dawned Evette’s lips, she would be getting to reliant on the house elf by that stage and she missed human contact, her daughter was a bit too young to understand everything so she wouldn’t be much help to Evette by that stage. “At 16 weeks, so middle of next month.” she told him in regards to when her next appointment was. She would be trying to go maybe once every month unless something funny happened with her, she should probably go get checked out after what happened tonight but she feeling much better now and would take it easy for the next few days in case it was her blood pressure rising or something as simple as that. “Anything else? It’s been a long night for both of us so if not I think I should leave.” she said, her voice clearly tired.

The fact that the conversation was going so rationally even though the subject matter was quite something Andrew had never expected to be dealing with was something Andrew would consider once Evette had left. For now, Andrew sat back and took another look at Evette. He couldn't believe that just a few hours ago he had gone up to her with the intentions of simply saying hello and passing a few flirtatious comments around before either leaving with her again or returning to one or both of the girls he'd abandoned. Obviously, fate had her own ideas though. At least she's good-looking, Andrew mused, realizing that her beauty was one of the few things that he knew about the mother of his children.

His thoughts were abruptly ended when he heard her mention the middle of next month. Once again, his heart started palpitating. He didn't realize he had to move in so soon. It was much too soon! Then, he realized she'd been referring to the question he'd asked about her next appointment. He relaxed, visibly relieved and glad that he'd just been confused. The appointment he could deal with, or at least he thought so. Moving in would be a different and more difficult story. Moving in meant relationship, plain and simple in Andrew's book and that was not what he was signing up for. Evette was gorgeous of course and if he were a relationship kind of guy, she would top the list. It was too bad he wasn't.

Shaking his head, Andrew stood up and brushed a hand across the back of his neck. He rubbed the area, knowing he probably should just invite Evette to stay. He wanted some time to think though and if she remained, he wouldn't have that opportunity. He walked over to the drawer beside the bed and rummaged inside for a paper and pen. Quickly he jotted down his address and phone number. "This is my address and phone number. So you can owl me or send me a message either the magic or muggle way" he handed the paper over, hoping she'd be able to decipher his sloppy scrawl. "Get home safe and I'll uh see you next month, I guess, unless you need me sooner." Andrew was back to feeling awkward and nervous and found it funny that hearing he was going to be a dad reverted him back to behaving as he had when he had just hit puberty and learned about the very act that had landed him in this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back