Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Saveli <3
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Whippy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Letter said:
Hi Grah Gre Graeme!

How are you? Are you having fun away from school? I joined the Quidditch team like you said I should. I think it's fun but I can't really tell because in my first match Avie caught the snitch like three milliseconds into the game. It was sooo ridiculous but I guess he's a great seeker. I have another match tomorrow and I have been practising every single day, even in the rain.

I know I wouldn't have made the team if you hadn't left, but I kind of wish you were still here. Are you ever coming back? Maybe just for the last term or something. It would be really cool if you were. You could have your spot back on the team, I wouldn't really mind or anything.

Sorry if the letter's a bit sticky, I was eating when I wrote it. Write back when you can!

Reuben

It was no secret to those currently around Graeme that he was thoroughly enjoying his time away from the school, enjoying the fact he had finished with school and New Zealand, the winters were distinctly cold and windier, but Graeme loved every moment of being back home, he barely thought of the school he'd left behind, he couldn't wait to show Maya his world, she was perhaps one of the few aspects of the life he missed. He wasn't on any quidditch team currently, but he was enjoying life far more and the freedom to be practicing every day, in all weather types as well as having been spotted playing by the coach of the Pride of Portree which was his favourite team, and he was sure that soon he would be able to go play for them, Graeme had drunk with the team, the only magic bar on the island had everyone he could possibly know and they had told him to try out already, but Graeme had turned it down, he wanted to spend the year with zero pressure, no where to be and just living each day as it came. He helped his mother cooking and cleaning, using magic a lot of the time, he went for a long run every morning, practiced quidditch in the afternoon, went for a drink the evening, he loved it. Graeme had let his hair grow out, letting the slowly growing beard come in, and in the time gotten a small tattoo on his stomach.

The boy was doing everything he could've possibly wanted to, and was very surprised when one morning an owl appeared at the house shortly after Graeme had come in from his run, and was very surprised, and more than a little touched as he read it, it was funny to hear about the school, and even more so at the request to return. Graeme couldn't believe the young kid had actually joined the team, he felt proud of the little puff, even if he wasn't there to show him, he knew that Scarlet was perfectly capable of coaching the team to victory. And given that he'd just come in from a run, and it only took a few moments to locate some parchment and all the rest that he would need, the teen sat down at the table, and with a hot cup of tea began to write a reply, sitting by the warmth of the fire.

Letter said:
Reuben,

I'm SO proud of you! You joined the team! Did you go for a chaser? Even if I did come back I'd give you my spot, the young are where the quidditch talent lies, in no time at all you'll be a pro. But, I'm not going to come back, school was never for me, so you don't even need to worry about giving up your spot.

The Slytherin seeker has always been good, but the trick is to just distract him, then he won't catch anything. I'm glad you spend every single day practicing, I'm sure you'll become an amazing player in no time. Just don't play if it's too windy, don't want you blowing away. Tell me all about this match that you've by the time this gets to already played, did Hufflepuff win? I really hope you guys did, it's difficult to shake that house pride.

I'm very well, I'm very happy to be home. It rains all the time, and it's incredibly windy, but I love it. I love being able to go for a run in the country side which surrounds my house, Hogwarts was a great place to go for a run, but nothing beats these hills for running, it's improved my endurance ten fold, and then there's the ability to play quidditch always, and no homework. I go to the local pub in the evening and drink with all my old friends, with my future team. I get to see my mother every day, and see her smile, and cook for her when she gets home, I'll probably get my own place by the end of the year, but I missed her so much when I was away, it's great to be back and able to see her. I'm having a lot of fun away from school.

How are you? How are things at the school? Professor Styx still a sh1t? Do you know if you'll take any electives? Or are you a non-academic like me?
I do miss some of the people, and I'm sad to not have celebrated halloween, but I'd take missing those few things over not being here.

I was really surprised when you wrote to me, I had barely thought about the school since I left so I'm surprised you wrote to me, although it is nice to hear from you, and Reuben, I am damn proud of you, you'll do hufflepuff proud, I know it.

Graeme

Letter said:
Graeme,

Thanks so much for replying!!! Yes I am a chaser which is really cool because I thought they would make me an olternat like they did with my brother but they must have liked me or something. I only got a D in flying last year but I did practice lots over the hollidays after you told me to join the team.

I couldn't do what you said because we were against Ravenclaw not Slytherin, so sadly they won. Serre Serinn The Ravenclaw seeker was really good too. She caught the snitch before I even scoared once. Actually I haven't scoared at all yet because the match keeps ending too fast.

What is ten fold? That's so cool that you get to go to the pub with your friends. And no homework!! I would like to drop out but my Mom would go tottally crazy. Your so lucky that yours doesnt mind.

Professor Styx will always be a sh1t. Do I have to take electives? I thought I had to take a few. I was thinking of taking care of magical creaters but I think Rudolf would laugh at me. He is much more clever and will probably take 945208 classes just because he thinks is is fun.

Halloween was ok but I think I would rather have been at home like you. Do you really think I can do Hufflepuff proud? I think I was put in this house because Helga was the only one who would put up with me.

Thanks for letting me write to you.

Reuben

It had been truly a surprise to receive the first letter from Reuben, but even more so when he'd actually replied, the Scottish teen was so surprised by this and though on the morning in which it had arrived at the house, the boy had been going out with his mother, he'd taken the time to at least bring the owl in and both feed it and give it water. It was only far later in the day when Graeme finally returned home that he was able to sit down with the letter and ready it. He liked the excitement he could feel on the page, and he had no difficulty figuring out what Reuben was trying to say and as the owl was waiting for a response, Graeme began to write one.

Letter said:
Reuben,

Chasers are the best, I'm a chaser and I got a P in flying, and by that point I was already on the team, as an alternate as well, but on the team. So, while that class seems important, I don't think it means anything. I practiced a lot too, and I still do, I practice every day, come rain, snow, sunshine or gale force winds, so just keep practicing. I'm very pleased you joined the team Reuben, you'll make a great chaser, I know that.

Aw those pesky Ravenclaws. There will always be a next time, just keep going you'll score eventually, and it'll be the best feeling ever. Ten fold means ten times better, essentially, I've gotten better because I'm only focusing on quidditch and getting in shape, I only ever wanted to play quidditch with my life and now I don't need to worry about classes or people or other things.

The reason you aren't allowed to drop out Reuben is because you're a kid, you need to be seventeen, that's adulthood in the magical world, when you can preform magic outside of school. If you still want to drop out once you hit that age, your mother can't really stop you. You have to wait and complete all the other years first. Boring I know, but true.

Care of Magical Creatures is great, don't let what you're brother thinks stop you, I took it in third year, and loved it, but I switched it for Divination and Muggle Studies, mostly because I only went to half of the Care of Magical Creatures classes, I'd go outside for the class and most of the time, take one look at the pitch and end up just flying and practicing for the hour instead of class. I was not studious.

Being at home is good, I missed this place while in New Zealand. I used to get so homesick and lonely at school when I was in the younger years, it's nice to be home.

Write to me any time Reuben, always happy to hear from you,

Graeme

Letter said:
Hi Gee,

I hope its ok if I call you Gee. Your real name is to hard to spell.

Sorry I didn't write to you over Christmas. I wanted to but we got really sad because my brother Reagan died and then we had to go to his funeral and then school started again. I didn't want too go much - less than usual ha! - but Mom and Dad said it was for the best. Actually Dad said it was for the best, and apparently Mom agreed but she didn't say much all week so I can't be sure.

I liked everything in your last letter but I am a bit too sad to write much today. I thought I should let you know why I haven't replied to you for a while.

I hope you are still having fun practicing Quidditch. It would be cool if we could play together some time I think

Love from Reuben

Graeme hadn't heard from Reuben in a while, but for him, this wasn't too much of an issue, since he was surprised with the interaction in the first place, and spending the Christmas time with his mother had just been so perfect and good that Graeme wasn't sure he was ever going to be able to top it. After the christmas season and his mother had returned to work fully, the teen had decided after a long conversation with one of the players of the Pride of Portree to finally try out, he was training had every day, doing all that he could to improve strength, aim and stamina, and it was just coming in from training in the exceedingly high winds that he noticed a little owl sitting at the kitchen table. He felt instantly bad as he read the letter, he could never understand what the boy was facing but he hoped he'd be alright, and Graeme decided despite how much he had left New Zealand behind that he might just take the trip out to spend some time with the sad boy.
Letter said:
Reuben,

I'm so sorry for your loss, as an only child I can't imagine how hard that much be for you, I wish there was more I could do, I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you currently.
If you let me know when your next brightstone weekend is, I'll make the time to come see you, we can have some ice cream and I can show you a few moves in quidditch?

You're going to be okay Reuben.

Stay strong brother,
Graeme

Reuben might as well have been sleeping in the owlery for all the time he spent there, sitting hopefully by the long window and starting at every flutter of a wing that came through it. The thought of a letter from Graeme was all that kept him from hiding beneath his duvet all day; and so when it came, he tore it so abruptly from his owl's beak that it ripped right in two, and he had to place the pieces side by side to read it. When his eyes fell upon the suggestions of ice cream and Quidditch next Brightstone weekend, the Hufflepuff burst into tears. He was happy, and sad, and grateful, all at once. As soon as he'd reached the end of the letter, he sat down to compose his reply, taking a little more care with spelling and handwriting this time.
Letter said:
G,

Thanks for your letter. It is hard thinking about it but also hard not to. I think he would have been in Hufflepuff. He was really happy and kind always. I wanted to show him Quidditch and Potions and Transfiguration. I get sad because now I won't be able to, you know?

We have a younger sister called Ray and another little brother called Rennick though and we love them extra now to make up for it. Ray is still a bit moody. If you want a sibling you can have her for a while. Our cousin Stella is staying with us too now. She is a famous film star in the Muggle world! Anyway what I'm trying to say is that I think it will probably be all right. It hurts lots but he will always be in our harts.

Can we really get ice cream and play Quidditch? I haven't felt so excited for anything in a long time. Please say yes. Just me and you. Rudolf will be busy with his new friends anyway. You could teach me how to score lots and then Hufflepuff would be really proud of me! Brightstone weekend is not this Saturday but the next one.

See you in a few days I hope. I am counting them down already.

R

The response from Reuben had be rather prompt and Graeme was definitely keen on going, he'd been thinking about it, over and over, feeling back for the boy who was perhaps just a little lonely and in need of a friend. The teen had done his try-outs, done excellently in them, and would start come the summer after this current season was over, he had begun his training with them once a week just to get him ready to play, but now he had something important to do.
Letter said:
Reuben,

He'd have made a perfect Hufflepuff, just like you do. I'm sorry he never got the chance to do that. It's going to be okay. I've never heard of your cousin, but then again, I'm very out the loop with muggle things. It will hurt for a while, but it'll be okay, and you'll learn to be okay. You're family are there for you, just like I am.

Of course, ice cream and quidditch, what better things are there in life? I'm glad you are excited about it, because I am too! I'll show you all the things I've been learning, after all, I have the best news to go with it. I look forward to seeing you, and I can help teach you things and you'll for certain make Hufflepuff proud, though I think you do already.

See you in only a matter of days!
Graeme

Users who are viewing this thread

Back