Appreciating the new Sun

Toni smiled wishing that it was true that she was that fast. Maybe with her budget cut, she could turn to running to occupy her time. I'd rather be shopping She thought but knew that it wasn't going to be possibly. Pushing her father's awful need to control the money flow out of mind as she listened to Sam go on.

Sitting up as well, Toni smiled brightly. "Well I can buy up to five outfits during one shopping trip" Toni added thinking that it wasn't too many but still an impressive amount. Running her fingers through her hair, Toni was almost glad that she could surprise Sam still. "Well I guess I won't bore you any time soon then" Toni said "But you do keep surprising me as well" She went on thinking that at the moment Toni couldn't help but admire Sam's strength in this whole Jenna matter. Toni knew that she would not be acting the same if Beau just got up and left. No in that case there would be days of tears.

Yet as Sam seemed to catch on to her mess up, Toni almost held her breath hoping he wouldn't comment. I'm sorry I didn't mean it she thought not knowing why she would be sorry. She actually hadn't said anything at all. But the awkward aura that filled the air even if she hadn't said the statement.

Leaning back on the grass once more, Toni watched the clouds in the sky. "Sorry" She muttered softly feeling the need to appoligize. "I kill the conversation" She added. "I seem to do that a lot though" Toni went on letting out a single laugh. Why couldn't she just keep her mouth shut.

Closing her eyes, Toni wanted to say something else. Not knowing what else to say. Now every word she was going to have to think about, make sure she was mucking it up, but a question seemed to come to mind that Toni didn't want to bring up. Had he been to their spot since the last time they were there together? Don't ask today. He's been through enough Toni thought supressing any curiousity on the subject.

"We should go out to eat at Brightstone though. I mean we can invite more people. It doesn't just have to be us. Just to get out of the school you know?" Toni said her words blending together more than they normally would as the speed she spoke increased slightly.

"Five outfits?!" Sam's eyes widened further. "Woah how much clothes do you have?" Sam asked rethorically, though he didn't know why he was so shocked. This was Toni afterall and he knew enough about her to know about the passion she had for shopping.

Sam smirked, "Not as much as you surprise me...I'm not very surprising at all." He muttered. He was just Sam. Just a normal, quidditch-loving, tweleve year old boy. He was nothing special.

The awkardness spread into a greater gap of silence. "Toni, you don't need to apoligise." Sam said to her looking he rin the eye. "Theres nothing to apoligise for.." he added quickly. "Lets just forget about that, 'kay?" He didn't mean forget about the spot. Just forget it ended up in their conversation.

Sam nodded, "Yeah we should." It had been a long time since they were all in the one spot together. Though he didn't know about inviting Hohsi, that might be too much. Maybe he'd just leave it up to Toni to invite people. "I haven't been there in the longest time." he said.

Toni let out a small laugh when Sam seemed so shocked at this fact. "Oh come on Sam. It is me afterall" She added once more running her fingers through her hair. It was so obvious to just about everyone that Toni loved shopping, spending money, and well buying clothes in general. It was just how she was. Now she was going to have to cut back. The thought she made her angry and rather upset. It was basically changing who she was. Her father had no right, in her mind, to do this awful task.

Smiling as Sam once again mentioned how she surprised him. At least she was boring, was her first and basically only thought. The rest of the thoughts that came to mind would stay forever there not wanting to once more create an odd conversation topic or even worse an unbreakable silence. "You are surprising. Give yourself some credit sometime" Toni added thinking that Sam didn't seem to give himself enough credit most of the time.

Though as the topic in which did however bring the silence was talked about briefly by Sam, Toni couldn't help but look away. "Okay" She said simply when he told her just to forget it. Why did you even have to bring it up? She asked herself wondering why sometimes her words seemed to escape before she knew what really she was saying.

As Sam said that he thought they should indeed go out to Brightstone the smile reappeared on Toni's face. "Good because you know I could really go for a butterbeer" She added with a small laugh. Gosh she did love butterbeer. It was probably one of her favorites. "And we could invite Knight and Taylor" She continued leaving out Hoshi purposely and for an obvious reason.

Leaning back once more into the grass Toni put her hands under her head and watched the sky once more. As a cloud passed she let out a small laugh noticing that it looked rather much like an upside down butterbeer mug. Gosh how pathetic was she that she was now noticing it in the sky. Passing as the other cloud appeared it was a piece of apple pie, well just looked like pie but Apple was Toni's favorite so that was what it was to her. "I used to spend hours outside when I was like seven watching the clouds and picking out the shapes" Toni began not bringing her gaze off the apple pie cloud as it floated across the sky. Then my mother told me to get a life and grow up Toni thought almost bitterly but showed no sign of bitter only a bit amusement.

Sam nodded, "Yeah. That sounds sooo good right now!" He grinned. He hadn't even had a butterbeer in the longest time. He was looking forward to it even more now. He noted that Toni had not invited Hoshi but he didn't say anything, it wasn't his place and besides Toni had been prevented from just hanging out with them because of her dislike of Jenn and Hoshi. She deserved this time.

"Cool. We should let them know- though Knight is a hard guy to find..so we'll have to book him in advance." He laughed, but maybe since himself and Luna broke up he'd be more free to hang out, Sam hoped so.

Sam watched Toni lean back on the grass and smiled as she looked up to the clouds. He then lay down next to her and watched the clouds. "No way! I always did this...sometimes still do." he admitted not really to embarrassed. This was just Toni afterall. "That one looks like a bear...if you squint.." Sam pointed at a rather large cloud.

Toni watched the clouds passing thinking about actually going out for some butterbeer plus she liked to hang out with the group this time without Hoshi and without Jenna. Never with Jenna again She thought happily but of coarse wouldn't say that aloud. Her happiness about Jenn's leaving was not going to be brought up killinig the mood.

"I know. He is so hard to get ahold of. Plus he is always the last one to arrive" Toni said laughing bit. It was just like Knight. Something that she didn't mind about him at all.

Smiling as Sam said he always watched the clouds and still did. "It actually is a nice way to pass the time" Toni admitted though she doubted she would ever do this again. It just wasn't like her, well at least not what the rest of the school would think of her doing.

Toni squinted up at the cloud that Sam had pointed out. "I guess it looks like a bear" Toni said moving her head slightly to the side. Letting out a small laugh as she opened her eyes in a normal fashion. "We probably look ridiculous laying in the grass squiting at bear shaped clouds" Toni said sitting up slowly as she ran her hand through her hair making sure to knock out all the grass that she could.

"Every single time." Knight was always the last to arrive, but that was just how he was. "But we'll make him come, even if we have to drag by the scruff." Sam laughed at the idea.

Sam watched Toni sit up and get the grass out of her hair. "Toni. You care way too much of what people think of you! And its not like the entire student body is watching us..." Sam said pointing to the two students playing tag. He got up none the less.

Sam couldn't really understand that. Why did people care what others thought? He didn't ask the question though, some people just couldn't answer it. Sam began to pick random blades of grass slowly. The more he thought about it, the more he was looking forward to go out to Brightstone. "So when should we head out?" Sam asked looking up at Toni while continuing to pluck random blades of grass. "Brightstone I mean.." He added quickly.

Toni shook her head slightly smiling at this thought. "We might just have to drag him" Toni said knowing that every group had that one person that was always late. Knight just was that one person. But Toni did love spending time with him so she could just deal with his lateness. That was if it ever did bother her, which so far it hadn't.

Toni looked around noticing that no one was watching them. Still fiddling with her hair, Toni wondered what she would say to Sam's comment. Of coarse she cared about what other people thought. It was how she was brought up. Appearance was everything. That was what her mother told her and that was what all the Teacher's drilled into the head's of the students back at that private school. Now it was just second nature. "You care what other people think about you too" Toni said finally not knowing if this was exactly true but it was a guess. Who didn't care what other's thought about them?

Though as Sam asked when they should head out, at first she thought now as if he wanted to leave. But as he explained Toni had to think about when their outting would be. "Is brightstone opened now?" Toni wondered. If so then as soon as possible. Now Toni was absolutely looking forward for the little trip.

Sam shrugged a little, "Maybe I do.." he didn't know if he did it subconsciencously or not. But he knew he didn't care as much as Toni cared. But that was just how she was and he'd just have to accept that.

"Yeah I think so..." Sam said trying to remember the notice in the common room. "Yeah..no wait..." Sam tried to remember todays date. "Yeah it opened yesterday." He said with a small laugh once he came to the conclusion. "So what about sometime this week?" He asked her, they still had their quidditch match but Brightstone could fit around it.

Sam put his legs up so his chest leaned on them. Many thoughts rushed through his head, mostly of Jenn. Thats what they were most of the days. But the same recurring one came in once more. This time he voiced it against his will really; "Toni? D'you ever wonder what'll become of us all next year or the year after?"

Jenn hadn't planned on leaving but she did. He and Toni didn't plan on breaking up but they did. Luckily their friendship was still in tact but what if something happened that would make them fall out completely? Or to any of their best friends. His friends was the most important thing about Hogwarts, he'd be no where without them...

Toni dropped the topic not really wanting to talk about it anymore. It was really not the best thing in the world to care what other people thought about you, but Toni wasn't going to break that habit any time soon. It was part of who she was. How could she be Toni if she didn't take at least in hour in the morning just to look perfect when she went to class?

Smiling as Sam tried to remember if Brightstone was open. Toni had no clue which was a surprise. But she rarely to never read that bulletin board in the common room. Why would she? It rarely had anything important on it.

"Yeah sometime this week would be great. As long as you make sure I don't go into any of the stores. I have a budget now" Toni added laughing a bit. At least she could make the best of the situation.

Watching Sam bring his legs up into his chest, Toni wondered what he was thinking about. Probably Jenna. The thought almost made her roll her eyes. Luckily she held back the reaction.

But the question that was asked did indeed catch her off guard slightly. "What do you mean?" Toni asked first as her thoughts swarm around trying to think about next year. Really she hadn't thought about how they would turn out. "We will still be best friends. I can promise you that" Toni added. Does he think I'll leave too? Toni wondered but decided to stay far away from that topic.

"Our group is still going to stay together. As long as Hoshi and I don't kill each other" Toni added laughing a small laugh at the last part. The sad truth was that Hoshi and her were going to have a run in one of these days or years. It was unavoidable. Hopefully Toni would come out in decent shape though and not totally crushed to pieces.

"I don't really think about it Sam" Toni added truthfully as she crossed her legs and for the first time really thought about it. Toni was sure that her and Beau would be together for the rest of the schooling maybe more. After all they were perfect for each other, or at least Toni thought they were. Sam would probably find another relationship. it would be odd at first but everything would be fine in the end. "What do you think will happen to us in a year or two?" Toni wondered wanting to know what Sam thought about everything.

"Yeah I suppose I'll have to drag you by the scruff aswell." Sam laughed lightly when she said to make sure she would't go into any shops. "Anyway me and Knight wouldn't allow it. We both feel strongly about shopping." He smirked.

Sam listened to what Toni thought about the situation. Which wasn't a lot as she never thought about it. Ever since Jenn left Sam was just afraid it would happen to someone else.

"I dunno...I'm just going to hope we'll all still be together. As close as we all are now..." Sam said in a low voice, though he didn't know why. "I think we should. We're a strong group of friends and hopefully nothing would tear us apart." Sam said, though he didn't know if she mean't 'us' as in the group or 'us' as in Toni and him. "But its stupid worrying about stuff that hasn't even happened yet, right?" Sam muttered about himself.

Toni smiled "Well at least I can count on you" Toni added thinking that Sam and Knight did hate shopping terribly. The chances that she would be able to get into a store and actually shop without saying anything would be almost impossible. This for once was actually a good thing.

Though as Toni waited for Sam to say his theories on the group, Toni couldn't help but think she should of used her words more carefully. Using the word us was probably not the best mood. I hope he didn't think I meant us like me and him Toni thought not really thinking that she meant it that way, or had she.

Listening to Sam spoke, Toni pushed her own question back not wanting to think about what she had meant with that term. "Nothing will tear us..the group apart" Toni said correcting herself after she had once again used the term us. Well if Hoshi would leave that would be grand Toni thought not saying that aloud. She knew that another absence from their small group would probably be too much for Sam. Not even her extreme dislike for Hoshi was worth that.

Looking up in the sky, she watched a fish shaped cloud go by. Though the thought of the fish shaped cloud lead to thoughts of cats which lead to her kitten Sadie who brought up a story as something to actually say. "Did I tell you that Sadie clawed up one of my room mates bed sheets" Toni said smiling as she thought about it. "My room mate got so made but I couldn't help but laugh at the situation" Toni added still looking up at the clouds.

"Yeah. I hope so." He added that nothing would tear them apart. Sam was glad that he had this discussion- and reassurance - with Toni. He felt better about it. Though he could be sure the thought along with Jenn would be back soon.

Sadie, Sadie... Sam said trying to think of who Sadie was, "Oh your kitten!" Sam smiled, they had bought that together. "Ouch..poor room mate." Sam laughed though he didn't really care much about the room mate. "Does she do that a lot?" He asked still laughing at the idea of a kitten ripping up bedsheets.

Toni faked shock for a moment as Sam didn't connect who Sadie was right away. "I can't believe you didn't remember" Toni said shaking her head but the smile reappeared on his face.

"But don't worry. The girl had it coming. She called Sadie dumb" Toni said thinking that Sadie was only getting back. "But no normally Sadie doesn't get into things like that well at least not my things" She added with a smile.

Her thoughts seemed to bounce from one thing to another as she sat in the nice day outside. "That was so long a go" She said more to herself. Realizing she said that aloud Toni decided to explain so Sam wasn't sitting in a mess of confusion. "I mean it seems so long a go since we went shopping and got Sadie" She finished explaining.

Sam threw his hand to his forehead in mock-shock. "How could she call her dumb?" Sam laughed and removed his hand from his head. "Well Sadie was in the right to attack her bed sheets." He smirked.

Sam nodded, he was thinking the exact same thing. "I know...its crazy. Its only been a couple months." It really felt like it had happened more than the few months. But so many events had taken place after their shopping trip it sort of made the year drag out.

Toni laughed a bit as Sam agreed with the fact that Sadie should not be called dumb. "Of coarse Sadie had the right" She said smiling as she ran her hand through her hair which was beginning to curl up more now she had spent so much time outside in the sun and hotter air temperature.

"It really is insane" Toni said wondering how such a short period of time could seem so long a go. Everything had happened this year, so much had happened. "Do you think our later years will be less drama filled?" Toni asked aloud hoping that less drama would fill her life from now on. This year Toni had really taken her full amount.

Sam put his hands behind him and leaned back. "Gee I hope so." He said, this year had just been from drama to drama to drama. He was going to make it one of his priorties not to let drama take such an impact on his life. "Though it looks like I didn't get my full dose." He said regarding the whole 'Jenn' thing. "It looiks like things have settled down for you." Sam smiled.

Toni smiled as Sam hoped so, drama had seemed to fill their whole year ever since the start. "I have to say that you've had just as much drama as me. Probably more" Toni added as she really tried to think about it. Tallying up the amount of drama each person had this year would take so long. It was actually really pathetic to think about.

"I doubt you'll have any more drama. But don't me to that" Toni said laughing slightly but she did hope that the statement was true. Anymore drama for Sam would just be way too unfair.

As Sam mentioned that the drama for Toni had died down slightly, Toni let out a small sigh. "Thank god" She managed to say laying back in the grass once more. "but if you just jinxed my luck, I will totally kill you" Toni said not believing in jinxing matters such as this. "I do miss hanging out with you though" Toni commented randomly.

"I hope I don't have any more...if I do I might as well be on a soap oprea." He said shaking his head laughing. "Seriously though, I'd entertain millions." Sam hoped thats what it was called, he was almost positive it was right. They were muggle drama's though he had no idea why they were called soap opreas, it didn't make any sense.

"I'm sorry if I did." He said light-heartedly, he didn't really believe in all of that stuff, he believed things happened for a reason not because someone did something or other. When Toni said she missed hanging around with him, he nodded, "Hell yeah! It was weird not having you around, annoying me.." He rolled his eyes playfully. "No but seriously I really missed you." said Sam in a tone that only held the truth, things just weren't the same without Toni.

((Sorry it took so long to post))

Toni laughed a bit at Sam's soap opera comment. She had actually considered their whole year almost like a soap opera. All the first years this year, or at least most of them, had drama in their own little groups. Maybe it was this generation or maybe it happened to every first year that made their way into hogwarts. Hopefully the drama and ability to produce a soap opera with that drama would fade out with the years of growth.

Putting her arms behind her head, Toni closed her eyes once more. She could totally fall asleep right now. "Oh I totally do not annoy you" Toni said opening her eye once more though smiling. How could Toni annoy anyone? Well probably millions of ways but Toni wouldn' admit to any of them.

Though she was glad that Sam really did miss Toni when she wasn't there. It was almost nice to feel wanted. Looking over at Sam, Toni smiled slightly thinking about how she would really like to do this more often. They did have a shopping trip and quidditch match coming up so that should be nice.

"I'm not holding you up or anything?" She asked finally. It was a serious question as Toni came to the conclusion that they had both been out there for quite some time. Of coarse she didn't mind in the least but she had to make sure Sam didn't care.

((No problem))

"Of coarse you don't annoy me." he said fake coughing at the end, though he gave her a big smile to show he was just messing around with her. It was just what he did with Toni like messing up her hair teasing her about being a perfectionous [sp?] with her looks, it was just how it went.

"Not at all.." Sam said honestly, "..I hope I'm not holding you up." Sam hope she'd stay, if she left to spend some more time with Beau that would definitely tick Sam off. He was having a great time and wasn't ready to let Toni go and disappear once more, though they had that trip in Brightstone and their quidditch match so she couldn't disappear for too long.

[I started up a thread in Brightstone ( click) and I've PM'd them all]

Toni reached over and hit Sam, not hard of coarse, just a tap. not that Toni could hit hard if she ever really wanted to try. That was one of her downfalls. In a way she could talk awful towards someone, probably spread a few good rumours but never could she win in a fist fight. Hopefully she would never have to get into one.

Letting out a small sigh when Sam said that she was not holding him up. "Well I could go and hang out with Beau some more" Toni said looking over almost wanting a small reaction "I'm kidding of coarse" Toni said quickly afterwards realizing that a statement like that would not fly over well if she was truthfully admitting that. Of coarse after Toni and Sam parted to go inside, Toni would go off and spend the remainder of the time she had with Beau. That's just how things were and Toni could not see them changing any time soon, if ever.

"But in all seriousness, we cant' be out for too much longer" Toni said noticing the sky darkening slightly. Was it just getting slightly later or was the sunshine that was experienced today now brewing into a storm. Either way Toni wasn't going to be out much longer. "Besides you wouldn't want to break curfew or something like that. Hufflepuff needs all the points they can get" Toni teased not even knowing how many points each house had. She hadn't had the chance to check the hour glasses in ages. Hopefully Slytherin was on top.

Sam was about to say something when she said she wanted to spend some more time with Beau but thankfully she said quickly that she was joking. Sam forced a small laugh not really finding the joke all that funny.

Sam followed were Toni was now looking, the sky was beginning to darken. He had been out after curfew many times and had only been caught once. The second joke Toni had said, Sam laughed at. "Oh well, you must not have been near the hourglasses in the longest time." He said smugly. "Hufflepuff are winning by miles!" He grinned, he was so glad Hufflepuff were winning especially winning over Slytherin. "Slytherin are coming a measly third place." He stuck her tongue out at her playfully. "You'll all have to work a little harder to catch up." He smirked.

"But if you want to go back inside, you can. I don't mind." Sam said to her, though he didn't want to return to the castle yet and he couldn't keep Toni to himself not like Beau had. So if she wanted to leave she could.

Toni was actually surprised at the news that Hufflepuff was in the lead by miles at that. "Well that will have to change" Toni said her voice and tone light but she was completely serious. Though Toni had for the most part gotten away from the house barriers, she was still intent on having her house come up on top. Never would that change.

Sticking her tongue out at Sam in return she managed a laugh. "Maybe I'll actually have to work in classes" Toni said rolling her eyes. Toni did actually try rather hard in classes getting the best grades that she could manage, all in secret though. Never did she want the image of one that cared about things like that, too Ravenclaw like for Toni's liking. If not getting any extra points by answering questions in class, Toni may have to find another way to help Slytherin reach the top of the house points once more.

Toni looked back up at the sky not really wanting to leave exactly. She did love spending time with Sam and for once she didn't hate being outside. It was almost unbelievable that before they had meant up in the owlery and Toni had found the news about Jenn. "I think I will head up though" Toni said sitting up as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Maybe get some class work done tonight. Or think about what I am going to get when we go to Brightstone" Toni said smirking slightly knowing very well that she wasn't going to buy anything on that brightstone adventure.

Standing up she straightened up her outfit. "Are you going inside now as well?" Toni wondered not quite wanting to leave Sam outside alone, It almost felt mean or uncaring.

"Geeze imagine actually working in classes.." Sam said in mock disbelief. In the last term Sam had completely slacked off but he made a pact with himself this term to prove his father wrong that you could suceed in houses other than Slytherin. So far he had managed to keep up with his work and receive much better grades, it was a win-win situation really.

Then Toni said she would leave and return to the castle, Sam nodded, "You go on up. I think I'll be out here for another bit." The hufflepuff house much to reminded him of Jenn and he didn't want to think about her just yet not when he was doing so well without the hurt and the emptiness.

Toni rolled her eyes playfully as Sam mocked surprised. "Whatever" She managed to say a smile still on her face hoping that this day had made Sam feel at least a bit better about the whole situation that had been forced upon him by Jenn.

Though when he said he was staying out a bit longer, Toni felt a pinge of guiltiness that she was leaving him alone out here. Maybe that is what he needs Toni thought running her hand through her hair once more.

"See you around then" Toni said as she began to walk towards the castle giving him a little wave right before she walked through the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back