Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2" Sturdy Larch Wand with Boomslang Venom Core

The school was too busy for Lily's liking. Everyone was moving about classes, and unlike most, Lily had slept in and didn't feel like going to lessons. So she wasn't. Instead, after taking her time, washing and getting ready in a vintage inspired Outfit Lily left the dorm and made her way down. She quickly walked into the Great Hall, and took a shinning green apple from the Slytherin table. A few glances were shot her way as she was not wear any uniform, but even if she had been going to classes, Lily would not wear her uniform, so this was not much of a departure off the norm. Holding the apple in her hand, Lily exited the Hall, and when most headed towards the stairs, so they could go to classes, Lily headed for the door, and walked out the school. Lily kept walking the grounds, until she reached her favourite spot in the whole of Hogwarts, The Cliffs. They were just amazing. Lily walked to the very edge and sat down. She rubbed the apple against her floral skirt and then took a bite out of it. This was what Lily liked to do most, apart from dancing. Just sitting, looking out at the water, and letting everyone else deal with normal every day to day life.

Sam had been up long before anyone else in her dorm, she had never been one to sleep in or go to class for that matter, she had grabbed a couple of apples at breakfast this morning and put them in her bag with a couple of sketch books to keep her going for the day.

She was walking towards one of the best spots she had found to just sit and draw, and even better her little snotty brother wouldn't follow her here as technically its out of bounds, she smiled at the thought of freedom when she noticed a girl round about her own age sitting where she had planned to.

So much for a day alone she thought, oh well she sighed and made her way over to the girl "Hi", she said in a cheery voice "mind if I join you?"

Lily had taken another bite of her apple. She was enjoying the light breeze which was warming to Lily's skin. She had been about to take another bite, when a girl with a cheery voice spoke. It was suffice to say, Lily didn't like being interrupted. She was not happy about the fact someone was here. Lily considered not even not making an effort with this girl. Though this silence was dragging. Lily knew she'd have to make a decision soon. She moved along slightly and nodded to the girl. She wasn't going to be nice to this girl, but she wasn't going to be horrible either. But sometimes, Lily found herself being naturally quite horrible.

"Sure sit."Lily said before taking a bite of her apple, her hazel brown eyes not even glancing up to the girl.

[Out of curiousity, Is Sam wearing uniform?]

Sam guessed that the girl wasn't too happy about her being interrupted, she hoped that she wouldn't end up in a fight again today.

"thanks" she said cautiously and she took a seat to the left of the girl.

There was a silence between them that made Sam feel awkward "I'm Sam by the way" she said just to fill the silence.

([not a chance of her being in uniform, she doesn't even own one any more])

Lily wanted to try to be nicer to this girl. She wanted to generally wanted to be nicer. Since the arguement with her brother after he had found out she'd been sorted in to Slytherin. Lily looked to the girl. She wasn't wearing uniform either. Lily was pleased about this. That was good. She also guessed that this girl who just introduced herself to Lily, was not going to class. She held out a hand to the girl.

"Livia," Lily said with a slightly false smile. "I'm guessing you're not going to class."

"That's a nice name" Sam smiled, maybe the girl was going to be nicer than she first expected.

She laughed "nope, and I think it could be safe to say the same about you?".

Sam picked up her small bag and took out her sketch book, placing it just beside her and then an apple on top of that, and began to search for something.

"so why aren't you going to class?" she asked still looking for anything that would make a mark on a page.

Lily justed nodded at the compliment and then further to the second thing. Lily looked to the notebook which sat on the Sam's lap. She wondered if she was coming outside to draw. Lily smiled at her. She wondered what to say in response to the girls question. She guessed that she wouldn't get all weird and you're-not-a-good-student tone. Lily wondered which house this girl was in.

"I didn't want to go. You?" Lily stated pretty bluntly. She gave a small smile. "What are you looking for?" She looked from the sketchpad to Sam.

Sam smiled at the girls bluntness, and answered simply "same".

she sighed into the bag "well I was looking for a pencil, but it seems to be hiding from me today", "I usually come here to draw" she explained, she had always been gifted with her drawing skills, but never really liked to show it off, she gave up with the bag and turned to the girl, picking up her apple and taking a loud bite from it, the juice ran down her chin, she grinned and wiped it away with a giggle.

Sam was now stuck for what to say, so decided to go back to the normal conversation starters "So what house you in?"

The question was inevitable. Which house are you in. Lily loved telling people which house she was in. Lily was extremely proud of it. She always had been since day one. But since her brother's annoyance about it, she was a little more wary when saying. Of course, this didn't really stop her. Also she hadn't met many new people, so it meant, she very rarely had to stated which house she belonged to. Lily smiled, confidently and her face was beaming with pride with the words the was about to utter.

"Slytherin." Lily stated, she knew that at this point, on of two things could happen. One, the girl wouldn't judge her, and was most likely a wannabe Slytherin, or Two, she would judge her, though the judge was most likely correct, and treat her completely different from how she would treat her before this piece of information become aware.

"Yourself?" Fossil asked. "Snap with the apple." Lily raised her own apple and looked from Sam to it, before taking a bite, as she waited for Sam to answer.

Sam nodded she wasn't one to judge, "oh cool" she said plainly, careful to make sure that the girl realised that she didn't care which house she was in and she wouldn't be treating her any different.

"I'm a Hufflepuff" she said proudly, she knew it was one the underestimated houses, but she didn't care she was happy to be a 'puff.

Sam smiled "snap" raising her apple in the same gesture.

She started to flick through her sketchbook looking at her older pieces, they were of home when things were good. Her drawings had often acted as a diary that only she could understand, she knew that the drawings were good but she still thought that she could be much better.

Lily looked to the girl, a hufflepuff. lily cursed her misfortune to be stuck with a hufflepuff, no matter how nice she was. Lily was going to ignore the small fact of Sam's house. She looked down at the sketchbook, Sam was opening. They were all very good. Lily wasn't a good drawer. It was one of the fields of the arts she had not mastered.

"You're very good at drawing." Lily stated with a smile.

Sam felt her cheeks redden slightly, she wasn't used to people looking at her artwork "thanks" she mumbled with a smile to the girl.

"I usually come here to think, and draw" she explained nodding at the sketchbook she had open on her favourite piece of home , "do you come here often?"

Lily nodded. She could tell from the way the girls checks redden that the sketchbook was something private. But whatever friendship they had, it was so rare that Lily came across someone who didn't hate her, Lily almost wanted to be this Hufflepuff girls friend. But Lily wasn't sure. She nodded again. Her reasons were the very same as the girl. But she didn't draw she sat. Sometimes she danced. But that was only when she was positive she was alone. Lily looked out to the water.

"I come for almost the same reasons but instead of drawing, I just sit and think." Lily said honestly. "It's my favourite spot, and hardly anyone comes here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back