Apparition Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The classes are supposed to be for anyone turning 17 by June, which I assume would include all of the sixth years. I'm not sure about Katheryn tho' b/c technically she should be a 6th year... :erm:

Also, I think the 7th years can take the class since there wasn't a class last year, but I would ask Nick or Cecily to be sure.

That didn't really help... :ummmm:

Seventh years should have taken their lessons in their sixth year, even if you didn't RP it you can say they did.
I don't know how a fifth year is going to be 17 a year early, unless they'd failed a year.
Finally, not everybody would be turning 17 by June who takes them for their sixth year, but they would all be turning 17 by September (when their 7th year starts - since you must be 11 to start 1st year you must be 17 to start 7th year).

Katheryn Kingsley left school for a year before returning. It caused her to fall a grade behind. She will be 17 in August. According to what you said, characters don't take lessons unless their birthdays are before June. So therefore she doesn't take lessons correct?

Seventh years should have taken their lessons in their sixth year, even if you didn't RP it you can say they did.
I don't know how a fifth year is going to be 17 a year early, unless they'd failed a year.
Finally, not everybody would be turning 17 by June who takes them for their sixth year, but they would all be turning 17 by September (when their 7th year starts - since you must be 11 to start 1st year you must be 17 to start 7th year).

The bolded portion of my post is in disagreement of what Cyndi said.
It is open to all sixth years (who will be 17 before the next school year - not June).
I think that the lessons through Hogwarts should solely be open to sixth years (and maybe a seventh year or two who missed it) - so any failing fifth years would have to wait until the lessons were offered to them.

I stand corrected ;) . Sorry for causing confusion Nick!

So this means Cassie won't be able to get an apparition license until she is nearly 19?

Just making sure.

Trista Paramore said:
So this means Cassie won't be able to get an apparition license until she is nearly 19?

Just making sure.
She can be licensed via the Ministry and not take Hogwarts lessons. ;)
But Hogwarts lessons are only offered to the sixth years.

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back