Anyone have a wand?

Twyla Rothery

OOC First Name
Cat
Wand
Curly 13 Inch Sturdy Dogwood Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
So I've recently developed a strong interest in wands! (Partially because of this site, but joining this site was partially because of the interest as well.) Harry Potter-style wands and just magic wands in general, to the point where I even created a whole wand system for my own stories that I'm writing!

So now I'm curious - do any of you have physical wands? Either ones you bought at the Wizarding World or commissioned from an online maker or even made yourself. They don't even have to be Harry Potter-style wands. And if you don't, do you want to have one?

...I have 6 HP film wand replicas... xD I got this 4+ years ago now (note: it definitely wasn't the listed price when I ordered them).
I don't even know what I would do with them now. I also don't know why I bothered getting them. They're just stowed away at home, really... I guess I was disappointed after a fan expo wand I got broke from me fooling around with it a bit, so I got a bunch of them that I would never ever use?

Yes!

My birthday was the 20th of July, and Teigan and Tenile from the site sent me an ebony wand to match the one granted to me on Pottermore.

Here is the wand that 'selected' me:

9GrqlQR.png

And here is the wand they sent:

ez2aEyq.jpg

It's real African Gaboon ebony. I was so stoked to get it.

Nicolas King said:
...I have 6 HP film wand replicas... xD I got this 4+ years ago now (note: it definitely wasn't the listed price when I ordered them).
I don't even know what I would do with them now. I also don't know why I bothered getting them. They're just stowed away at home, really... I guess I was disappointed after a fan expo wand I got broke from me fooling around with it a bit, so I got a bunch of them that I would never ever use?
Oh wow! That does seem a bit expensive, more than I'd be able to afford. Wands are fun to just have and sort of wave around and toy with, at least in my opinion, so there's that benefit.
Artemis Blackmoore said:
Yes!

My birthday was the 20th of July, and Teigan and Tenile from the site sent me an ebony wand to match the one granted to me on Pottermore.

(cut)

It's real African Gaboon ebony. I was so stoked to get it.
That's really cool! Ebony wands are so pretty, especially the ones that are real ebony. Really good gift they got you.

We tried to hide that we'd bought it, but she figured it out D:

I have a replica of Bellatrix Lestrange's wand purchased from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. It's an interactive wand :D. I love it, but I'm definitely going to try and find me a custom one elsewhere. Before reading through this thread, I didn't know ones like Kelsey's existed -- I was drooling! So yup, there goes my Christmas moolah XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back