Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Olive Wood 15" Core of Aethonan Feather
Minoas only realized the late of the hour when he checked out of the window after hours above his notes. Most library's visitors were taking the way back to their common rooms but the gryffindor had different plans for tonight. After his classes, he had spent his early afternoon along with Professor Davershire on his animagi training. When he signed for becoming an animagus he couldn't imagine how much theory and understanding was needed about the human and animals' body. Each session looked more like an anatomy class rather than training to be able to turn into an animal. Minoas had started losing interest and patience but he wasn't yet giving up. After his session with Professor Davershire was over, he decided to pay a visit to the library only to stay eventually there for the rest of his day. He did his homework first which wasn't something special and made a break to find and read a book containing confessions and testimonies of well-known animagus around the world. He though that maybe there he could find the key to unlock the animal inside him. All of them were mentioning the right timing and in the end Minoas closed the book while wondering what they meant exactly with the right timing. Frustrated, he returned back to his ancient runes homework.

Soon the librarian checked the place in order to dismiss any students still there. Minoas begged that he needed more time there. Ancient runes weren't an easy subject and he needed the books there to find the right information about his assignment. After a long negotiation and genuine entreaties with the librarian, Minoas earned a longer stay as long as he wasn't going to make a mess and return the books he was going to borrow back to their shelves. The librarian also warned him that if something was going to get out of order, points deduction was going to follow. Minoas promised once more that nothing was going to happen as the librarian left the library, leaving him alone. He continued his assignment under the dim but atmospheric light of candles until he ran out of ink. Having a spare ink bottle with him, he searched for it in his rucksack. In the mess that was reigning inside it, he came across with his scroll case, the scroll case that his father gave him before he was abducted and advised him to keep it safe at any cost.

He pulled it out and examined it. He had tried everything in order to open the case and find out what exactly was locked inside it but his attempts were fruitless. His fingers traced the dent on the copper case's surface. It was denoting that something used to be there but now it was missing. What could be, Minoas had no idea. It looked like it was something small and small things were easily lost. He could remember that it was given to him like this and he didn't lost the object. Perhaps it was lost while his father was trying to protect him from that hurricane that eventually took him away or maybe the scroll case reached his father's hands in this state. Another itchy question was how his father ended up with this case. He had never seen it before in their house or heard about it from anyone. It seemed that his mother had no idea about it so Minoas didn't say anything about it when the incident took place. If his father hadn't say anything to his mother, he had no reason to do it himself. His fathe probably wanted to protect all of them but he was forced to entrust Minoas with it than being taken by his abductors. This proved that the content of the case was of grave importance. More questions were jamming like who were those people that wanted so bad the scroll case, what were their plans? He had spent so much time doing nothing but whining about his father like a spoiled little child. Now it was the time to act like a man and made his move.

He left his assignment half finished on the table he was using full of piles of books and notes. He placed the scroll case back into the safety of his rucksack and stood up. He started walking among bookcases, checking the labels on the top, searching for something relevant about the case. He really didn't know what to look for. Lost artifacts, scrolls, conspiracies, abductions? He was feeling like taking his first step in a pitch dark room with no idea of where exactly he was going to end up. He brought the candle that he was holding in his hands closer to some books that looked interesting. They were about old conspiracies and rumours. The Chamber of Secrets was one title that drew his attention but sounded irrelevant. There were more about death eaters and their actions but in his case it seemed like it wasn't the work of death eaters. They would have left the dark mark at least. He moved on and navigated among bookselves to find something about scrolls and artifacts. A thud on the floor distracted him however and he froze in place, instinctively blowing off the candle, disappearing in darkness.
There was no longer a light source from him, then again he could see some light showering the bookselves in the distance. He decided to check it out. He was after all responsible of the library's state for tonight. He didn't want first years to get him into trouble. "Who is there?" he asked with a robust voice in the darkness.

Elbio's sense of smell was stimulated for the first time by the sweet aroma of books. It was an unprecedented smell with a hint of glue and a little musty but it was balancing well. He wasn't expecting to find himself in a place like the library. Elbio wasn't really into books, especially books that had to do with school's subjects. He was finding the school's subjects limited and not in the slightest divert. This was the reason why he didn't really attended classes. He was dedicating just a few hours to read through each class on his own using his textbooks and that was it. Elbio wanted to become a photographer and none of these courses were needed for this. He was going to follow his brother's request and sit for OWL examinations but he was indifferent about the grade he was going to get. Real knowledge was gained through life experiences and not during lifeless classes.

He could have chosen the comfort of Slytherins common room than the candlelit library but the cozy study and the soft patter of rain on the windows had made him stay there in a corner, concealed by heavy bookcases. He didn't realize how quickly time was flowing. The books he had found were far more interesting that what he had thought. He began with a textbook about an introduction to elemental magic to follow an encyclopedia about demonology and a booklet including necromancy terms. Along the books he had chosen, his camera was also there on the table. He was inseparable with this item since he got it as a Christmas present a few years ago. The first yawn arrived and made him look at his watch for the first time after hours. "Porco mondo!" he exclaimed when he noticed how late it was. He decided it was time to leave his big leather chair and return the books back to their shelves.
"Lumos!" he breathed and the light on the tip of his wand spread amongst the nearest bookcases. He found easily the bookshelves of the first two books but he couldn't remember where exactly he had taken the third one. It was a vast maze and with the lack of lighting everything looked much different.

Finally the formation of the bookcases reminded him of something and eventually he found the empty space at the top shelf where the book in his hands was belonging.
He pushed it in, harder than he had calculated and that concluded in pushing the books next to it as well. One of them fell off the shelf. Elbio tried to catch it in mid-air but it slipped through his arms to land heavily on the ground. He bit his lower lip as the thud broke the silence like the sound of a gong. He stayed still afraid that an extra step was going to bring the whole Hogwarts staff right at him. He bended carefully to pick it up when a voice behind him made his heart race. He turned around and casted some light on the darkness. The voice was familiar and it was definitely coming from a student.
"No one." he replied spontaneously.
"Minoas is that you?" he asked and lowered his wand slightly to see better.
"You just gave me a heart attack man. What are you doing here that late?" he asked again with a relieved smile.

As he went closer to the source of light, the glow was so bright and blinding that he could tell a wand has casted the illumination charm. The answer to his question came from right behind the wand and it was a funny one that made him actually chuckle while he used his arm to block the light. Then he heard his name and the light source lowered slightly to let him recognize who was there.
"Elbio?" he asked surprise as he recognized the slytherin photographer who was obsessed over creature's pictures. Three months ago before the end of the year he had find him at the lake's cliffs trying to take a picture of the giant squid. Minoas decided to help him but in the end they managed to get themselves into serious trouble when they infuriated the gigantic creature, unleashing its wrath on them. They were both extremely lucky to be tonight there in that library.

"What are you doing here? Taking pictures of The Monster Book of Monsters?" he quipped, knowing that his friend was mostly interesting in creatures and landscaped and none of them were to be found in the library.
He had never seen Elbio around books before. It was a rare sight and Minoas' curiosity of what the slytherin was reading at midnignt was too strong to ignore it.
"The Basics of Necromancy." he read the book's title as he was picking it up from the floor. It was the thud he heard earlier. Elbio dropped it.
"Are you planning to summon Louis Daguerre from the dead?" he joked referring to the inventor of modern photography. He had no other idea why Elbio could be interested in necromancy if not to get some useful advices from one of the fathers of his favorite hobby.

"Hmm, cute." he defended himself with sarcasm against Minoas' insinuation about his passion for photography. Of course he had additional interests apart from photography and the monster book of monsters was of a little interest to him when he had succeeded in taking pictures of the giant squid. What was next in this crazy Italian's agenda? Probably a nundu. You could never tell.
"Believe it or not my friend, I've got more hobbies than you believe." he said but his gryffindor friend had already focused his attention on the book his astonishment dropped.
"Yeah. Much better than Hogwarts: A History, don't you think?" he said amused while imagining Minoas trying to understand why he could be reading these stuff.
He liked the sense of humour Minoas was bringing. It made Elbio chuckle and josh along when he noticed that his friend was holding a candle.
"Bingo! I see you brought candles as well. What I just needed to summon someone from the dead." he made necromancy look like some kind of jape but it was far from circles of candles and chanting.
"I'm impressed you actually know Louis Daguerre." he said genuinely. He was surprised that someone who wasn't into photography knew one of its fathers.

He took the book from Minoas in order to return it back to its proper place on the shelf.
"If you could spend just a little time reading about necromancy you would find it interesting as well. I may don't really be impressed by school's subjects but I like reading about advanced magic." he stopped joking and talked seriously. He wanted to continue his studies on more advanced areas of magic after graduating Hogwarts and its mandatory yet trivial classes. He could be patient and enjoy his time there. The castle with its vast grounds was still keeping opportunities for some great shots.
"Staying up late for an assignment or you're up to something more interesting?" he questioned as he turned to face him with a mischievous smile. For some strange reason, whenever Minoas was around he was inspired with some strange need of adventure. A need that was inviting him to wander away from boring convention.
"I might be able to help you. I spend some time searching for the books I wanted. I have a rough idea of where to find which topics." he was fueling Minoas' irregular plans of mischief, if there were any.

It was hard to believe that Elbio was interested in something else other than photography. He had busted him however with a necromancy book in his hands, or more accurately on the floor, rather than a photo album.
"Definately far more interesting than Hogwarts' history." he agreed with a nod and quickly checked the synopsis at the back of the book. He chuckled when Elbio pointed at the blown out candle he was holding on his other hand. He decided to place it at the closest table as Elbio's wand was providing enough light for them.
"I wouldn't if I hadn't read generally about photography." he stated, knowing that this was going to ignite Elbio's excitement.
"I've came up with a couple snapshot charms, not long ago. In order to create this spells I had first to read a lot about the subject." he explained from where exactly was coming from all this knowledge. He wished he was able to continue creating spells, making his ideas real but he had promised to wait a little bit longer, get more experienced.

It wasn't even the middle of the first semester and there was a lot of material to cover along with past years'. OWLs were going to examine everything they had learnt through the five years they were studying at Hogwarts and that was going to take a lot of time to do.
"Maybe I'll give it a go sometime." he replied as he wasn't planning to do so soon. "Did someone talked to you about necromancy?" he asked Elbio who took the book from his hands and put it back to the bookcase. He was asking because a lot of his interests were transferred from members of his family and necromancy should be complex for someone to just start reading about it.
"Well, I should say both." he stated thoughtful of how he could avoid telling him about what he was looking for.
Then he thought that he had no luck finding on his own how to open that scroll case. Maybe he could have a better luck with the assistance of someone he could trust. Elbio looked like a nice guy and Minoas' intuition was advising him that he was trustworthy.
"I was actually taking a break from my ancient runes assignment. I was looking for a book about artifacts, like...like old scrolls or something." he tried to put it as generic as possible. He was sure that Elbio was going to asking more, his description of what was looking sounded rediculous and was denoting that there was more. He definately had to explain why he was looking for such kind of information. It was a start though. A start that could lead somewhere.

Elbio remembered that Minoas had a thing for spell crafting but he couldn't recall mentioning something about snapshot spells. They sounded like the kind of spells Elbio could be casting all day long.
"You definately have to teach me these spells sometime." he said, trying to contain his excitement.
"Oh, that reminded me!" he snapped suddenly. "Wait a second here. I'll come back with my stuff." he said and left for a minute to go and get his things, including his camera. He returned back, bringing light with his wand and stopped to search through his bag.
"Tada! Here some pictures of the giant squid for you." he exclaimed and handed to Minoas half a dozen of close-up frames including the huge, cerulean eye of the creature reflecting both anger and curiosity.
"Is the least I can do for your assistance. I wouldn't have done it without you." he said gratefully. It was Minoas' idea of luring the giant squid with a giant source of light.

He could do more to thank him for his assistance. Elbio could help him find a book about what he was looking for but when he heard what exactly was looking for his Gryffindor friend, he frowned.
"Old scrolls or something?" he repeated confused, scratching his temple.
"What exactly you need the scrolls?" he wondered if Minoas was up to something interesting.
"You know what? I don't need to know. I guess it is something about ancient runes ad I'm already bored to hear about such an uninteresting subject." he changed his mind almost instantly before Minoas was able to explain why he was searching for such kind of information.
"Follow me." he took over the lead and started navigating among the bookselves like he knew where exactly he wanted to go.

After a couple of minutes, his wand shed some light on a large, dusty bookcase. It looked like no one had took a book out of it recently. The bookcase wasn't only hosting books but also scrolls, most of them including ancient runes reading.
"Here we are." he pointed at the old bookcase, loaded with so much wait, looking ready to collapse on the floor.
"All about scrolls. The books are about a collection of ancient curses found on papyruses and other types of scrolls." he pointed his lit wand at the top shelves.
"The scrolls at the mid shelves are all about ancient runes and arithmancy. Don't know much about them, I guess you can check them out." he said about the well-piled scrolls at the square shelves in the middle of the bookcase.
"The lower scrolls are maps of uncharted locations to muggles. I had found once a map of the ground prior the founding of the school. It seems someone has lent it because I couldn't find it the other day." he concluded with the lower shelves, where the scrolls looked older and weathered by the pass of time.
"Hogwarts should give me a salary. I'm better than our own librarians." he joked and waited for Minoas to have a look in order to find out what he was looking for.

This was the kind of enthusiasm he was expecting from Elbio, about his first couple of spells he had invented. Being able to capture an image with a swish of a wand and then imprint it in any kind of surface, wouldn't only concern friends of photography. These spells could be also used in everyday life and just for that fact, Minoas was really proud for coming up with something as useful as this. It was giving him the push to continue with his spell crafting and come back with more inspiration. "Sure. Anytime." he replied. He was feeling much more experienced as a fifth year. Perhaps he could start again experimenting with his wand.

His gray eyes were bewildered as he watched Elbio leaving him in the darkness. He looked like he had remembered of something and Minoas stayed there, waiting for him. The light from Elbio's wand fell on the surrounding shelves again, announcing his arrival. Elbio had fetched his stuff along with his camera but there was something else he wanted to give to him. Minoas' puzzled expression turned into recognition when a large cerulean eye on a photo, blinked at him frustrated. Elbio had given him the pictures he had taken from the giant squid last year. Their combined work and cooperation succeeded in luring the creature out of the lake's depths.
"You did an excellent job Elbio!" he said genuinely as he was checking now a far-shot caption of the squid lashing a massive tentacle. Minoas was left with scars on his ankle where one of these strong tentacles wrapped around it.
"It's nothing really. I should be thanking you, it was fun to help." it was easy to say that now. Back then the whole situation felt so reckless even for him.
"I'm actually going to include some of these pictures in my grimoire." he stated and pocketed carefully the photos without crinkling them.

Elbio's photos were a short break. Minoas started thinking again about the scroll case. He really needed some help with it. He had achieved zero progress on finding out even a hint of information about the nature of the item his father had left him. He had been slowly losing his faith but he didn't want to admit it.
Last time he had met Elbio, they collaborated successfully. If there wasn't that chemistry, Elbio wouldn't have now the creature's pictures and Minoas would be probably dead. Perhaps working together could do the trick again and give a little something about the one thing that had became an obsession to Minoas.
He was glad that Elbio didn't ask more about what he was looking for.
He wasn't yet sure if he should reveal further details.
He followed his friend. As Elbio was guiding with determination, Minoas started feeling hopeful.

They stopped in front of an old bookcase. The furniture looked like it was struggling to keep its load. The shelves had bended slightly under the weight of heavy books and sealed scrolls, piled awkwardly, covered with a thin layer of dust. His eyes scanned the shelves while Elbio was explaining in detail what was kept there.
The sealed scrolls didn't really win his attention. Elbio had mentioned they were probably readings of ancient runes, something completely irrelevant to what he was searching for. He took his time to check the covers of a few books. Their titles however and their brief descriptions didn't really enthuse him. Even when a book seemed slightly more interesting, he took it in his hands to flip through its pages only to put it back later on the top shelf visibly disappointed. "Nope. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for." he admitted after what seemed to be ten minutes. "It's alright. Thanks for trying to help me out." he said, finally giving up.

It was so fulfilling for Elbio to hear from someone else positive comments about his photos.
Minoas' consideration of including the photos in his grimoire was also rewarding.
He contained his satisfaction in a long smile and watched Minoas browsing through the different books.
It wasn't long until he noticed his friend's disappointment. Minoas didn't seem to be finding what exactly he was looking for. Elbio couldn't help but wonder what Minoas was really up too. It was obvious he wasn't interesting in something relevant to ancient runes as he had stated earlier. Elbio noticed Minoas completely ignored the scrolls so it had to be something else. Unlike his friend, he wasn't going to give up so easily. He was determined to help and he wasn't going to stop even if he had searched every single shelf in that library.
"Could you become more specific of what exactly you are looking for?" he insisted stubbornly, determined to search everywhere. He waited for another clue, convinced that the library was keeping somewhere, well-hidden the information Minoas was searching.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry. It's lame :r

Minoas was ready to return back to his ancient runes assignment and resume it. It was getting late and he had to hand it tomorrow morning.However, Elbio had different plans. The slytherin asked directly of what he was searching for and Minoas hesitated to answer. These couple of silent moments felt like years for the gryffindor as a conflict was taking place in his head. His father had advised him moments before taken away to keep the scroll case safe, away from prying eyes. Elbio looked like a nice guy and he had earned Minoas' trust. While two different voices were screaming in his head, the voice of logic and the voice of intuition, Minoas decided to ignore them both and trust his heart. "Follow me." he sounded somewhat conspiratorial as he asked Elbio to follow him. He had decided it was time to share with someone else the burden of the mysterious scroll case. It was a risky decision but he had made up his mind to go with it.

As he was leading the way through the maze of bookcases, another light was visible around the corner apart from the one coming out of Elbio's wand tip. Minoas had brought the slytherin to the table he had been studying almost all day long before deciding to have a break. The slowly burning wicks of the candles had consumed the aromatic wax creating some spooky shapes with the hardened, hanging drops. Apart from them, there were also books and notes all over the table but what he wanted to show to Elbio was resting in his backpack, leaning against the leg of the chair. He took off the copper scroll case decorated with golden details. His fingers traced the perfect circular, carved notch. The notch was in the center of a symbol that was extending from the middle of the cylindrical case.
"I was looking for clues about this." he began talking hesitantly. His hands didn't want to but he subdued them to give the scroll case to Elbio in order to examine it. It literally felt like he was trusting his own life in Elbio's hands.
"I've tried everything to open this thing but it was pointless. It looks like it's sealed with some kind of powerful magic that I can't break." his voice was imbued with desperation. He was expecting Elbio to ask next how or where he obtained this item. It was a long story and Minoas was trying to exclude details in his head. He did that while anticipating for an expression, a sign on Elbio's face that not all hope had gone.

Elbio's suspicions were confirmed when Minoas looked so unsure about it. There was something else than another school assignment that got him looking desperately from bookcase to bookcase. It was obvious from last time they have met that something was bothering Minoas. Elbio was just too occupied with his own business so he didnit give much importance back then. He was surprised when Minoas asked him to follow. Moments earlier he looked like he wasn't really goind to reveal what was happening. It felt like an adventure or something else similarly intriguing and he couldn't resist against the temptation of finding out.
He saw light in the distance and he instantly knew they were going where Minoas was revising earlier. He must have been there for a long time. The candles on the table had almost died. Elbio looked at the chaos of books and parchments on the table and wondered what exactly wanted Minoas to show him. Instead, his friend started looking for something in his backpack on the floor.

Elbio pursed his lips when Minoas showed him what looked like a sophisticated scroll case.
"May I?" he asked for his permission before he had the chance to have a closer look of the object.
Elbio had the impresson that Minoas didn't want to let off his hands the case. In the end he trusted it to him. Elbio examined the cylinder carefully. The first thing that drew his attention was the symbol and the notch on its center.
"Something is missing here." his index finger pointed at the notch but it was an obvious observation. Minoas should have noticed that as well.
"I guess you don't know what was there before?" his question was rhetoric, he wasn't expecting an answer. The case was covered with a thin plate of copper and gold was decorating certain parts of the case creating patterns. Elbio found its opening tried to detach the cap by pulling it or twisting it. He put so much effort that he started turning red on his face and the skin on his hand got lines from the pressure.
"Yeah. Got it. It' won't open that way." he said. It looked like it was sealed magically like Minoas had suggested. He shook the case in order to see if there was something inside.
"There's something inside though. There must be a way to get it." was his conclusion as he felt a faint thud within it. It should be something light, possible a piece of parchment or something similar.

"I'm sorry. I have no idea where we could find something about it." he didn't want to give to his friend fake hopes. Nonetheless, he wasn't done yet. Elbio searched for his wand and flourished it out of his pocket.
"Alohamora!" his spell found its target but the cap didn't roll magically off the case. Elbio pulled to see if it had loosened a little bit but it was still stiff. He tried the same spell a couple of time with no progress. He suddenly felt irritated as if the scroll case was taunting them to try everything they got.
"Okay, it asked for it." he snapped and placed the case on the floor.
"Incendio!" he said firmly and a flames shot out of his wand to engulf the scroll case in their heat. The dancing flames covered the whole cylinder but then they turned into a vortex of inferno and got absorbed by the object they were trying to intimidate. The scroll case vibrated as the last flame was drained by its secret power and rolled a few meters away. Elbio stayed motionless looking at the scroll case dumbfounded of what had really happened. He tentatively approached and picked up the object, afraid it was going to burn after being scorched by the flames but the copper surface was cool and slick.
"I'm taking the hint." he pointed out. Obviously there was unknown magic casted on it. That could explain the reaction when the flames engulfed it.
"Maybe it shouldn't open. It wants to keep its secret sealed for ever." he concluded. This was the feeling he was getting.
"Where did you say you found it?" he asked while still looking for a detail he could have missed. He guessed it wasn't originally Minoas' possession. If that was the case, he would know how to open it.

It was late. Elvera knew that for sure. she wasnt sure on exactly what time it was but she knew that it was after curfew. That was an advantage of being a professor. She was able to wander the castle if they wanted to at night. she had been in her rooms dowsing and scrying. she had got to a symbol, it looked like a rune but not one she had seen before. it was best descibed as a micture of Nauthiz and Wunjo. though less nordic and more celtic. In her student days she would have had to have make a note on some parchemtn and have a look in the morning. as she reached the library she rhought she heard voices. it was dark i there so she lit her wand. as she walked over towards the area on scripts. as she walked the voices got louder "who's there" she said as she entered the aisle and saw two boys there.
As a professor Elvera was one of the most generous professors when it came to punishment. she wasn't a fan of getting students in trouble, she would much rather reward those who did something right than punish those who broke the rules. Also she didn't think that researching school work in the library should be punishable. in fact researching and schoolwork should be encouraged no matter what time of day it was, different people worked at different times of the day, she liked evenings and night time, other people were morning people. as she grew closer she saw that it was two boys, one of who's she was pretty sure was Icarus's cousin, the other she guessed was his friend. "what are you two up to here at night?" she asked. suspiciously looking around to see if it was anything suspicious about what they were doing.

Minoas was regretting each second his father's scroll case was spending away from his possession. His fear was unjustifiable. Elbio wasn't going to apparate all of a sudden, taking away the case. He hadn't understood it yet but it was getting a little obsessed with that object. Or maybe its magic was affecting him slowly without realizing it. He briefly nodded when Elbio asked for his permission and watched closely as he studied the case.
"Not a clue." he shrugged and rolled his eyes. He had the same question for a long time. What was missing? Something was there in the center of the symbol where now was that perfectly carved notch. Someone had took it off or it was just lost from hand to hand. He didn't have the opportunity to ask his father whether he got it in this state or from where or who he got from the scroll case to begin with. One thing was evident to the gryffindor.
Whatever was missing from that notch could probably trigger a reaction that would unlock the case.

He didn't inform Elbio that he had actually tried numerous times to unscrew the cap. He just let him try for himself, thinking for a mere moment that he might was jinxed or something and may Elbio was able to open it but he eventually failed as well.
"Yeah I know there's something inside. There doesn't seem to be a way to get it though." he commented just before his heart skipped a bit when Elbio pulled out his wand. He dropped his guard when Elbio casted just a charm to unlock it. He was afraid he was going to try something more desperate. He hadn't forget that the librarian had assigned him responsible for the library's state and at the same time he didn't want Elbio to do something stupid and ruin the scroll case. Regardless of what was hiding inside, this object was the last link with his abducted father and he wasn't going to let it happen anything.

Once more, Minoas didn't attempt to tell Elbio that the particular charms wasn't going to work. He was casting at least twice per day the alohamora charm, believing that the case might was programmed to open on a special date or time of the day. He had also tried on specific moon phases or other celestial events. It still seemed he was missing something and that something should used to be on that notch.
"Hey! What are you doing?" he asked openly frustrated without bothering to keep his voice low. He hadn't reacted quick enough and now the scroll case was on fire casted by Elbio. He took off his own wand, an subconcsious reaction as he didn't know at that moment what he should do to extinguish the flames. The fire combusted into a vortex of flames and Minoas took a few steps back as the heat intensified and a gust of hot air brushed his hair. The fiery vortex looked like it was zooming on the notch in the center of that symbol. It was drained completely by the scroll case and the intense heat wore off as well. Awestrucked by the unexpected phenomenon he froze in place, looking at the cylindric case rolling on the floor uneffected by the event.

When he recovered from his awe, Elbio had already picked it up. He wasn't mad at him, he was more concerned about what just happened. If the scroll case couldn't be destroyed then what was keeping inside would be of grave importance. Suddenly he felt an invisible weight of responsibility smothering him. What had his father really trusted him? He had no idea and now more than ever, he wasn't sure if he had to learn. There mixed feeling of fear but also curiosity, though the fear had suddenly grown in power and had intimidated his usually hungry curiosity. He was abruptly pulled down from the clouds of thoughts he was floating when another voice reached his ears. It was the voice of an older female and Minoas for some reason dreaded that might was Professor Kingsley, the head of his house. He snatched the scroll case from Elbio's hands but it was too late. The only thing he managed to do was to hide it behind him when the divination professor appeared from dark corner with her lit wand.

Minoas knew really a few things about Professor Le Fey. He wasn't attending her classes but there were rumours that she had something going with his cousin Icarus. Her dichromatic eyes were inspiring him courtesy and not severity. Still it was after midnight and both he and Elbio shouldn't be there.
"Good evening professor. Sorry to disturb you." he thought it would be nice to talk politely. He wasn't sure what she had seen or heard.
"We were trying to finish our assignment here. We got permission earlier from the librarian" he said and showed with his free hand the table which was full of books and parchments. He hoped that his excuse would be enough for the divination professor. If she was going to ask him what he was hiding behind him, in his right hand, he was doomed. She could believe it was school's property and take it from him or even worse take him straight to the head of his house, turning the situation into a mess.

For Elbio it was clear there was no way to open the scroll case. Apparently, it was meant to keep what it had inside it safe. Some novice spells weren't going to work and yet he had the impression that even advanced magic wasn't going to break the protection on it. He looked at the symbol and at the notch. Maybe if someone could decode the meaning of the symbol they would have something tangible in their hands. However, the problem was that the symbol itself was consisting of different symbols and letters from different cultures. It would be difficult to be interpret by just one person. Even if this was going to happen, there was also the notch indicating that either something was missing or the case was damaged for good. To Elbio it looked more as if there was something there and someone had detached it. Regardless, Elbio had been fascinated by this mysterious scroll case and he wanted to find more. He waited for Minoas to explain him where he got it. Perhaps they could start from their and figure it out.

Instead, Minoas grabbed out of his hands as another person emerged from the shadows. Elbio didn't see if Minoas had managed to hide the case because he focused on the newcomer. It was possibly a professor, Minoas referred to the woman as one of them but Elbio had never seen her. He wasn't really into attending classes. He preferred to do everything on his own. He noticed the peculiar eyes the professor had. One emerald, one violet and unusual color combination if dichromatism wasn't strange already.
"We were-" his sentence was cut short when Minoas explained faster what they were doing there.
Elbio's excuse wasn't going to be far different. He was going to say they were just revising there but Minoas' excuse was better when behind them on the table was resting a half-finished assignment.
"Yeah...ancient runes...tough subject." he smiled awkwardly, remembering Minoas mentioning earlier that he was working on that. However, he didn't know if it was true the fact that the librarian had let them study there despite the late of the hour. Minoas could be improvising, maybe not so Elbio decided no to add an extra brick of excuse and trigger the colapse of their alibi's tower. He tried to keep his composure and glanced sideways at Minoas. His hand with the scroll case in it was behind his back but he was going to do if the professor asked him what he was hiding there?

Elvera drew closer to the students she could see that they were studying, or at least had been. there were a couple of familiar books o the table about the topic of ancient runes. it made her remember her time as a student. ancient runes had been one of her two favourite subjects. the other had obviously been divination. the boys story certainly did seem to be true by looking at the table behind them, but the story didn't spark a vision in confirmation or a vision to prove it wasn't true. "ancient runes is a fascinating subject. and Cy. i mean professor Kingsley is a fantastic teacher." she said taping a couple of lanterns with her wand to light them before extinguishing its tip. with the new light of the lanterns she could see the clock on the wall saying it was a fair way after midnight. "goodness, is it really that late? you two should be in bed. but if you have the librarians permission to be here that's fine" she said watching their reactions. one of them seemed to know what he was talking about the other didn't though she gave him the benefit of the doubt.
she turned to eave them to it as she did so she had a thought. turning back she glanced around. "what is your homework on? maybe i can offer you a hand, then you will be able to get to bed quicker and you won't get caught by any one else" she said. she was pretty sure that professors weren't meant to help students with work for another class but truth be told she actually sort of missed the classes on ancient Runes. she still had her oak runes in her office and used them fairly often for readings.
OOCOut of Character:
sorry if it is a bit lame. I am tired

Minoas was a terrible liar. No matter how hard he would try, the people he was addressing to his lies were usually figuring out he was lying. This was proved a lot of times when he was taken to Professor Kingsleys office because of misbehaviour. He was trying to arraying a great amount of lies and poor excuses to get himself and the people they had the misfortune to be with him, out of trouble. However, in the end all this was concluding in extra points deduction and a more severe detention. This time he had learnt from his past mistakes and he had imbued truth into his excuse. Still the professor that was standing in front of him happened to be the divination professor. Weren't supposed to be able to foresee the future? Then maybe she could tell that he and Elbio were busted while doing something out of the ordinary.

It wasn't over yet. He had still the scroll case in his hand behind his back and the professor had believed his little lie. If he couldn't carefully step back and drop the scroll case in his backpack lying on the floor without being noticed would be great. This was the plan and Minoas decided to keep her attention occupied with something else while he was going to execute this sly task.
"That would be great professor." he began talking, hoping that Elbio was going to to remain silent and let him scheme from now on. "We were working on Thor's Cross." he stated and invited professor to have a look at his assignment, supposedly working on it with Elbio. It was half finished and that was suiting their excuse. He knew how to finished it, he did hours ago before misfiring his vanishing spell while practising and vanishing instead of a candle his own homework. It seemed to him that everything was happening for the reason. Even these accidents.

He let her have a look at his paper while he was trying discreetly to locate behind him his backpack on the floor and drop in the scroll case he had managed to hide so far from the professor.
"I'm not sure what exactly represents the rune at the center of the cross. We've been debating about it for a long of time. I say it is about the general idea of what the future could hold but Elbio insists it's all about past mistakes that define our future." he wasn't sure what exactly was saying. He was choosing random words popping into his mind and was putting them into a sentence that hoped it was having some sense. While the professor was focused on his assignment, he looked over his shoulder and down, aiming for his open backpack on the floor.

When he thought he had it, he let the scroll case slip from his fingers and coughed to muffle the sound of the landing into the backbag. At first he didn't hear a thing so he thought that he succeeded and the scroll case was now in his backpack. Unfortunately, it wasn't over. The rustle of his backpack made him feel like his heart was dropping into an endless void. He had realized what was going on but it was happening in a matter of two seconds and he wasn't able to react. His backpack starting falling over from the strength of the scroll case's fall. When its opening met the floor, the content of the backpack slipped out of it. Parchments, a couple of ink bottles, a sneakyscope and his grimoire, scattered on the floor. The object he didn't want to see on the floor was the one that rolled the furthest away from the backpack. Minoas felt his heart finally landing on something hard, like concrete, when he saw the scroll case rolling across the room noisily until a bookcase stopped it. He looked at Elbio terrified, unable to react. It was like he was jinxed with a full body-bind curse.

Elvera could see that the boy was shuffling with something behind his back. as she listened to him explaining what it was they were working on. she walked towards the table passing behind the boys as she did. she examined the papers and books, it was indeed ancient runes and thors cross. "the central rune signifies the future path starting from where you are now. so it seems you are right Mr Stratis, though as the present is shaped from your past then Elbio is also not wrong" she said using the other boys first name as she didn't know his second.
just as the final words of her explanation were settling a new noise started. the disadvantage of being in a perfectly silent room was even a small movement could be heard. that was the case when the straits boy dropped something in his bag and it missed falling on the floor right by the professors feet. and rolling over until it bumped into a book case. she went and picked it up recognising it straight away. it was one of the scrolls from the restricted section. she was sure of it. "Mr straits. it is all very well to say you are here studying rules and have me believe you. however now i see that you were here for a different reason. to take one of the schools artefacts from it's home in the restricted section." she said her voice sightly harder than its usually soft self. "I think ten points from gryffindor would make you think twice about taking that again. be thankful it isn't more" she said as of yet she hadn't deducted points for being out after hours as it did seem they had permission. and were at least partially doing homework. 'now I suggest that you both get back to your houses before anyone else catches you. when i get back from returning this i want you gone, understand" she said. usually she was one of the fairest of the teachers, maybe even a little too fair but this was one of the oldest artefacts in the school library. and she was sure that it had some huge significance though she hadn't really looked into it much further than examining the case.

What really Minoas wanted to happen when he saw the scroll case rolling away from him, was for the ground to open in half and swallow him out of sight. It wasn't the embarassment of having everything that used to be in his backpack scattered all around the floor but how Professor Le Fey was going to react at the sight of the scroll case. It was a rather sophisticated object that couldn't pass unnoticed. Besides, rolling against the floor of a dead silent library was enough to get your attention in the first place. That was exactly what drew professor's attention as well. Minoas thought that he was in real trouble with each step Professor Le Fey was taking closer to the scroll case that was stopped from its rolling by a bookcase. He tried to keep his cool even when the professor collected the case from the floor and returned back, clearly frustrated.

Minoas remained silent until the professor accused him that he had tried to steal a school's artefact. He didn't care about the points she had deducted from his house. Professor Kingsley had deducted a greater amount in the past. He couldn't restrain himself from talking back when she stated that she was going to return the scroll case back to the restricted section. If his father's scroll case was going to end up there he was going to have a really hard time to retrieve. Only a few students had the privilege to gain access to that section and with the detention record that Minoas was having on his shoulders, he wouldn't be granted permission not even when he was a graduate.
"No professor!" his voice came out of his mouth in its own will. It was louder than he wanted but he hadn't realized it until it echoed among the bookcases. He hadn't also realized that he had took a few steps forward. What he had realized was that in order to make professor listen to him, he had to control the torrent of emotions that were boiling inside him. "Professor, this scroll case is not a property of the school." he decided to begin his statement with what was the general situation. "This is my possession. Is a gift from my father." he said with his chest moving up and down as he was trying to contain the rush inside him that was commanding him to snatch the scroll case out of professor's hands and run away. He wasn't sure if the professor was eager to listen more but he was going to reveal more for the first time since he had got that case in his hands if he had to to get it back.

Elvera turned and started heading over to the part of the library that was normally off limits to students. she had taken a few steps when she thought the scroll case felt different, the librarys one was slightly larger, and was scarlet in colour with gold decoration. where as this one, although looking gold to begin with now seemed less so and more of a coppery colour. she turned it over and her hands felt the didges and dips of a shape engraved painstakingly into it. she looked and it was rings of circles and other shapes with some maybe words in an odd script worked in. however she didnt see it long and she didn't hear the boys words as she could feel the tide of a vision and a strong one at that. she stopped walking and grabbed the bookcase for support. as another immage superimposed its self on the room infront of her.
to begin with there were a pile of hands each grbbing her one at a tme and passing her to the next. sudenly there was a jester, dancing infront of her, his red suit not seeming out of place in the midst fof the tents and festivaties. to her left was another person a lady this time playing with fire, making it into shapes of animals to the awe of the people watching, she herself was bobing through the crowd at about waist height. she wasn't herself that is for sure. with no control of where she was going she went down streets past people charming snakes, and stalls selling spells, potions, books from all over the world. was it just her imagaination or was she following a man. the man in guestion looked a little older but it was hard to tell from the back. what she did pick up on was that he was carrying a staff similar to the one that her mother uses instead of a wand. eventually the man slowwed and vanshed intp a tent looking almost cautious as he did so. not surprisingly Elvera followed him looking around to see if she could pick out a detail as to where this was but all she saw was a sign on the door she picked up two words Festival and wagga before she too vanished inside and returned to reality.
elvera coughed slightly and stumbled a little on her feet as she returned before turning back around hoping that it hadn't passed too much time whilst she had been immune to the world. unknown to her she had been mumbling a little under her breath though the words were not coherent.
"mr stratis. I am sorry. but i think i was mistaken. this isn't the one from the library." she said handing him the scroll back. "you'r farther must have trusted you well with such a powerful gift." she said as although she wasn't sure o its origins or nature, but the fact that it managed to break through her walls like that and give her such a strong vision was proof that it was a powerful artifact. "of course you can have your points back" she finished.

Minoas didn't received a reply from Professor Le Fey and he interpreted as a bad sign. He decided he had to do something drastic and protest before it was too late and he had no longer access to the scroll case. He didn't care ofr being expelled for Hogwarts. He just needed back the only evidence he had in his possession that could explain to him his father's abduction. "Stay here." he advised Elbio who had wisely stayed silent. Minoas was going to get himself out of trouble, on his own. He walked a few steps towards Professor Le Fey who was ready to disappear behind the corner but he stopped as he witnessed something strange. The divination professor paused her course to the restricted section. She looked as if she was jinxed with the jelly-legs jinx, grabbing the nearest bookcase for support before collapsing down. "Professor? Are you...okay?" he asked with a certain amount of concern in his words. She looked like she was under an unknown force. Something had taken over her and she had no conscious of her surroundings. It seemed to Minoas that she hadn't hear a word he had said.

He glanced behind him at Elbio, not sure what he was supposed to do. He approached her carefully as if he was afraid that a demon had possessed her body. "Professor, can you hear me?" he asked and lowered his head in order to see her bowed face. "Do you want me to-" his sentence was cut short as the professor coughed suddenly terrifying the gryffindor whose heart jumped off his chest. "What just happened?" he tried to catch his breath like Professor Le Fey was doing but for a completely different reason. Next, he wasn't expecting to hear the professor's apology and he had probably took a dumbfounded expression when she was handed back the scroll case. He suddenly felt security for having back the case in his hands but couldn't ignore the peculiar reaction of the professor. Then suddenly it hit Minoas. She was the divination professor and she had a similar reaction to Minoas' grandmother who was a seer. His grandmother was receiving premonition in a similar way. Could she had a peek of the future just right now?
Probably yes. She mentioned that this object was powerful and she didn't witnessed what had happened when Elbio set the case into flames to say that.

"Have a seat please. You look exhausted." he offered kindly his chair to her to sit and recover. "What do you mean powerful?" he asked curiously ignoring completely the fact that he got back his deducted points. "Professor, excuse me for my immediacy but, did you just had a vision?" he asked reluctantly not putting it as good as he wanted. He had a look at the scroll case in his hands and back to the professor who has been slowly recovering from whatever she had just experienced. "This is important for me Professor. If you saw something could you please tell me what it was?" he insisted, almost begging. For the first time in his life he wasn't afraid of divination and whatever was closely connected with it. She could have seen his father, safe and sound or maybe not. He could deal with both case scenarios. He only needed something else than this accursed, enigmatic cylinder that felt like mocking him in his hands.

Elvera didn't hear the boy talking to her when she was at the fare. as soon as she was back normal she heard the boy ask what had happened. she thought for a moment "I've just seen something." she said. moving to the seats. it had shaken her up quite a bit which was rare as usually she was able to block them or at least keep them from confusing her like this one had done. it felt like she had just woken up from a very vivid dream. "thank you" she said taking the offer of the seat.
she coungoured a glass and filled it with water taking a few sips. before she spoke again. "It muct be powerful as not many things have that stonger vision attached to them" she said. "usually i can block them out. but not that one" she said. unsure if it made much sence to them. "I saw a fair or festival. and a man who i followed into one of the tents." she said. trying to grab the memory though like a dream it took a little work to recall things.

Minoas sat down before her and placed the scroll case on the messy table. He had done no effort to pick up his stuff that were still scattered on the floor. He just picked up his grimoire that mattered to him the most and placed it on the table as well. He glanced at the professor worried. She looked quite affected by her vision. He had no idea how it was to receive glimpses of the future but it looked like it was taking a toll on the receiver. He was going to suggest that she maybe should visit the hospital wing as he watched her conjuring a glass of water but then she confirmed his suspicion that she had seen something regarding the scroll case. He was looking at the object as she was explaining that it should be something really powerful as she could usually block the visions attached on objects. That made him more concerned about what exactly he was dealing with. The fact that this scroll case was something out of the ordinary was proved to him and Elbio earlier when the slytherin set the case into flames. The case amplified the power of the spell, turning mere flames into a fiery vortex and then neutralized it by absorbing the magic.

Minoas had begged her to share her vision. He wasn't sure if she had seen something dreadful and or it was just the whole experience of the vision that made her look so drained. In the end, Professor Le Fey was able to tell him a few vague things from her vision. Minoas was hanging from her lips, absorbing each word she was coming out with.
"A festival?" he questioned, wondering how exactly could a festival been connected in any way with the scroll case. The mention of a man in her vision revived his hopes. "That man, what he looked like?" he asked tensed up, hopeful that this man was his father. He had no idea how he could be in some kind of fair or festival but maybe it was there where his abductors were keeping him. He waited for the professor to respond, expecting to match to the man's description his father.

Elvera sat for a moment in thought and taking a few sips of her water. it had been a whils since a vision had shook her that much. it was how she had felt after her really early ones. at least it was a little more clear, not a mist with random pictures appearing then vanishing before she could focus. "I am not sure if it was the future or past. or maybe present." she said to start with, that was something she often had trouble with, unless it was a long way either way, or she saw something with a date, or someone she knew it was hard to tell. "yes. it was certainly a festival or fair of some sort. there were jesters and a fire eaters. and lots of bight coloured tents. and people all over the place, and it smelled like the sort of food one eats at festivals" she said. she had been to enough when she was younger to know what a fair was. selling wears that she and her grandmother had made.
Upon questioning she tried to remember the man she had been following. "I only really saw his back, not his face, but he was wearing a long cloak and hat, it was maroon i think, though i may be wrong." she said, taking another sip of the water. "the most noticeable thing about him was probably that he was carrying a staff. sort of like Morgans so maybe instead of a wand" just as she finished something else came o her, a detail she had forgotten. "there was a poster up on the tent he entered, i didn't have time to read it all but i do remember the words Festival and wagga" she said. not that that made much sense to her, she didn't even thin wagga was a proper word. at that she stopped, wondering what the boys would make of that, and unable to remember any more at the present.

Minoas was sitting on the edge of his seat as if he was afraid that he was going to miss a word that Professor Le Fey was going to say. It turned to be quite tough to be receiving visions as it took a few moments and several sips of water for the professor to start talking. No wonder his older cousins were grateful they didn't receive their grandmother's gift. Minoas groaned on the inside when the divination professor said she wasn't sure in which time period was her vision addressed. The same old inaccuracy he was facing in ancient runes as well. Yet he wasn't going to lose all hope, the professor had to say more. She described some sort of a fun festival with performs and tends, not exactly the place he had in mind. He believed he was going to listen about a dark dungeon and a chained man begging for his life. He found this information useless so he put his last hope on the description of the man in her vision. He had no idea who Morgan was but the person she had just described wasn't his father. His father wasn't using a stuff to perform magic and if he was wandering free around some festival he would had let his family know he was safe and sound.

Minoas half listened the rest information the professor shared. They had no sense to him whatsoever as he sat back to his chair lifelessly, staring into oblivion. His hand slipped into his pocket, took out the pictures that Elbio gave him earlier and placed them on the table in order to take out the amphorea charm that was resting deeper. He didn't bother to show his belonging to the other two as he held it tightly in his palm to open it and see the transparent fluid in the phial of the charm turn light blue. His father was still alive at least if that old charm was working properly. He had started doubting this as well. "Thank you professor. I don't really make any sense out of all these but I appreciate you telling me." he sounded disappointed and defeated. Maybe there was something hiding between the lines of what the professor had spoke of but he wasn't really in the kind of mood to analyze her information. Currently he hadn't even the strength to stand up from his seat and pick up his scattered possessions that were still lying on the floor.

The slytherin decided to keep the role of the observer as series of events took place before him. He had noticed what Minoas was trying to do with the scroll case. It made him wonder if the gryffindor had actually stole it as he avoided to say where exactly he had found that object. He couldn't help much with the diversion that Minoas was scheming as he had zero knowledge of ancient runes. He just nodded his head when Minoas presented a supposed argument between them about some kind of cross.
"Ha I was right as well." he merely said when the professor didn't refute his supposedly own opinion, just to sound more convincing while there were not much to say anyway. His gaze was shifting from the assignment to Minoas at the opposite side of the table who was trying to drop the scroll case in his bag. Elbio was going to ask Minoas what was going on with the scroll case when they were out of trouble but the worse were about to come. Minoas' bag toppled over emptying its content on the floor and letting the scroll case roll all over the floor until a bookcase stopped it. Elbio must have shot at Minoas the same terrified glance that Minoas was shooting at him as the professor headed to collect the scroll case.

Elbio didn't know who to believe, the professor who had just deducted house points from Minoas for stealing school's property or Minoas who was claiming that it was a gift from his father? No matter what the cas was, he wanted to help Minoas but he didn't know how. He was afraid that he could say something and make matters worse. He watched as Minoas followed the professor in order to change her mind and then something far more unexpected happened. At first Elbio thought that Minoas had casted some kind of spell on the professor in order to retrieve what he was claiming to be a gift from his father. Then he realized that Minoas had done nothing and thought that the professor had a seizure or something. Minoas tried to talk to her but she didn't react for a few moments. She got her senses back, looking weary and Minoas offered her a seat to sit down while she conjured a glass of water. It turned out that the professor had a vision and she was a seer.

Elbio really wanted to take a picture of her not just because it was the first time he had met a seer in his life but because her dichromatic eyes were something really rare. He resisted to that desire as the narration of her vision sounded much more interesting. He was casting suspicious looks at Minoas who looked really interested in her vision, like it was a matter of death. There was something else that had been bugging Minoas about the scroll case that hadn't shared with him and Elbio wondered what it could be. In any case, the professor's vision didn't hold what exactly what Minoas was looking for pretty much like the shelves of the bookcases. Judging from Minoas face which was occupied by disappointment it could be of a grave important what he was looking for to learn. He looked curiously at some kind of vial charm that he took out of his pocket. The colorless liquid inside it turned light blue for some reason and although Elbio meant to ask him what exactly that was, he didn't want to do that in front of the professor.

"It makes to me." he snapped out of silence when Minoas said that professor's vision made no sense to him. He waited until he had both Minoas' and professor's attention on him before explaining farther.
"Come on, it is so crystal clear." he said slightly indignant that none of them hadn't yet realized.
"Her, I mean, professor's vision took obviously place at the Festival of Innovative Magic. Tends, crowd, performers, food, doesn't need anything else to make it more evident. That and the fact that this year the festival is going to take place in Wagga Wagga, Australia hence the wagga on the tend's poster." he said surprised that none of them had realized what the vision had just unfolded to them.

Elvera was surprised that the boy was hanging on to what she had to say so intently. it was like she was telling him when he was going to die or something, not about a festival that could have happened years ago. by the end of it she could tell he was just as unsure as she was about what she had seen. "sorry i couldn't be any more help" she said. she was starting to feel more like herself.
Surprisingly the other boy decided then was a good time to speek up. saying he knew what she had seen. saying that it was most likely Festival of Innovative Magic. he seemed very sure of his thought too. the name stirred a memory inside her. she had been to that festival when she was young with Morgause when it had been held in Glastonbury they had had their stall selling teas, creams, and other things of a similar nature. it had been fun she would help morgause and then go and explore when it got quiet. she tried to think of the two. and find similarities, bit it was so long ago and the vision was hard to pull together that she wasn't sure what was what. "I think i know what you are talking about, and you may be right. I went there as a kid when it was near where i lived. you say this years is in a town called wagga wagga." she wondered out loud. thinking that maybe she would see if is wasn't too late to book a stall. the eye wasn't that good for business and it would be good advertising as people were far more likely to browse market stalls. she set that thought aside for something she would look into in the morning. "Do you mind if i have another look at that scroll?" she asked minoas this time she would be ready for the power and it woudnt knock her about as much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back