Another Notch

Evangelina Katsaros

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Mermaid Hair
Evangelina Katsaros was happy to be kid free for the day. Evangelina had three kids, so it was really rare for her to get a day to herself. Evangelina decided that she was tired of being stuck with the kids all the time and never having a moment to herself, so she hired a sitter for the day and decided to go out and have some fun. Aside from being fed up with the kids, Evangelina was kind of frustrated that Kyne hadn't popped the question yet. Evie didn't want to be one of those girls, but if she had to wait much longer, she would become one. Nothing was more embarrassing than having three kids, and not having a ring on her finger. People looked at her like she was some dirty tramp or something. Evie wasn't a bad person, but she couldn't make a man propose to her if he didn't want to. "Can I have a Pina Colada?" So far Evangelina had gone shopping, saw a movie, had some lunch, and now, she was going to have a drink. That would be the cherry on top of a perfect day because Evie tried not to drink while she was around her kids. Maybe if she had enough to drink, she wouldn't be upset with the fact that there was no ring on her finger when she got home. Evangelina received her drink and grinned at the bartender, whom was pretty cute. Now she didn't have any intention to cheat, because she did love Kyne and all, but she was a human, and she did find many guys good looking, as she was sure that Kyne found other women attractive. Evie took a sip and turned away, so she could lean on the bar but look around the club. She really wish she had some company so she looked like less of a loner while here. This was more of a social place.

Damian Metzger was feeling a little sad right now. Why? He and Liliana were not working out as well as he had hoped, but they were still good friends. He wished her luck with another male, one that would treat her right. Getting over Ostensia proved to be a difficult task, but each day passing was getting easier and easier for him. Damian just hoped that one day, he would find someone that he would be able to spend the rest of his life with. He wished that he would find her soon because he was tired of moping over Ostensia. If she was the one, he had ruined that. It was too late for him to find someone that would make him just as happy as she would, if she were the one. Damian decided that he would go into a bar and just get a drink. He did not drink alcoholic drinks for it, but he would in fact indulge every once in a while. This was one of those times. He entered the bar, and walked up to the counter. He looked over as he heard someone order for a Pina Colada. Now that was exotic. And it sounded kind of good too. He waved for a bartender before he asked, "Can I get one too?" He hoped that it would be soon enough. However, he received it and took a small sip of it. He decided that he would talk to the pretty woman. She looked older than him, but not by much. "Um, hi. I am Damian." That was a good way to start a conversation, right? He hoped that she would talk to him too. She was still really nice to look at. He would have never guessed that she was not single, and she had three children. Damian wondered if the woman was single, and if she would not mind getting to know him a little more.

Evangelina heard someone ask if they could have the same thing she was having, and the brunette turned toward the man, a smile on her face the whole time. "You have good taste!" Evangelina stated, as she took in the man's figure carefully. He looked like he could be one of those rocker dudes. He had tattoo's, dark hair, all of the cliche things that she thought of when she thought of the stereotype. He was cute though. Very cute. Evangelina saw no ring on his finger when she glanced down at his hands, so he must be here just trying to have a good time. "Nice to meet you Damian! I'm Evangelina." The brunette casually extended her hand so she could shake his. A formal greeting that seemed to be dying out these days. The drinks arrived and Evangelina pulled hers close to her. This drink was much to precious to let go so easily. If one wasn't careful their drink could get stolen. Evangelina took a big gulp and sighed. Ah how she missed the taste of these drinks. One would never know how amazing something was until they had to give it up. After another drink, the glass was already halfway gone. It was just that tasty. "So Damian...what brings you here tonight? Hiding from your wife for the night or something?" Evangelina wink, almost as if she were teasing. He could be married for all she knew. Some men had a tendency to take off their rings so the could fool women into thinking that they weren't married. Even if he wasn't, it wasn't Evie's problem. Technically she had a man, so the worse she would do was flirt. It was what kept going, because at least she knew she wasn't completely boring.

Damian was very glad that the woman was speaking to him as well. She seemed like a really nice one. He grinned a bit when she stated that he had good taste. Well, he kind of knew that. He had good taste in people too. Damian did not even see her looking at him, taking in his appearance which would resemble a rocker at best with his tattoos. His long hair was a dead giveaway too. Soon the brunette said her name, and then extended her hand. Her name was Evangelina, and that was one gorgeous name. Then again, it did in fact suit her appearance too. “It is a pleasure,” responded the musician as he took her hand into his hand shook it gently. The greeting itself was almost too formal in a place like this. However Damian was not about to complain either. He really wanted to get to know her, possibly even try to date her. He had no idea that she was already spoken for though. There was not a ring, thus he just assumed that she was single. “Oh, um, I am not married. I wanted to have a good time tonight and I ran into you.” He was wondering if she would end up being the girl that would in fact give him a good time. He took a drink of his beverage and savored the flavors that washed over his tongue. It would be a good thing if he managed to have a good time while getting his mind off of the bad things. So, he decided to be a bit bold with the conversation, “Would you be interested in showing me a good time around here? We can easily keep each other company.” That was not too forward, but it was enough to show that he was interested.

Apparently he wasn't married. Which could be a potential problem, because it meant that he could be on the look for a certain kind of company, which Evangelina couldn't give to him. She did have a guy she was dating, and Evangelina wasn't the type of girl to cheat on someone she cared about. "If you're looking to hook up, then no. But if you're serious about a genuine good time, I think I can give it a shot." Evangelina winked, coming right out and telling him that getting undressed with him wasn't in her agenda for the night, even if he was pretty hot. Evangelina thought that she was rather boring for the most part though. Certainly not interesting enough to keep a man entertained either than Kyne who need to find any and all of her antics amusing. Especially when she got mad over little things. Evangelina finished her drink off, and immediately wanted another one. But should she risk it with this incredibly nice looking guy sitting right next to her? Particularly one who was single? "You any good at pool? If so, we can play a few rounds? Loser has to buy the winner another drink? It's either that or we can play some arcade games in the game section...or even dance. It's really up to you. My treat." Evangelina offered. There was a lot of things they could do, so it was really up for Damian to decide. She promised she would try to at least be somewhat entertaining tonight, it would be the last thing she would do before her day out would be over. Then Evie would have to go back to being the mom who cleaned up after messes and made sure there was a hot mean on the table before Kyne got home from working at the bank all day.

Damian narrowed those teal eyes for a moment, when she said if he was looking to hook up, then no. Well, he was not looking for that per say, but a good time would be a good time either way. He would take what he could get. Damian was looking for anything to take his mind off of certain things, and perhaps this woman could really help him out. "Well, I'd rather have a girlfriend and be hooking up then than to act like a sleaze. To be honest, I need a distraction from life, and I would want to do something other than drink and get wasted." She had made her intentions clear, and he did as well. She would have no reason to believe him though, and just go on a leap of faith. Evangelina was a gorgeous woman, there was no changing that. He would love to have something with her of course, but she wanted to have a good time, and a genuine one. She knew what she wanted, and that was highly admirable. She asked if he was any good at pool, and if they could play a few rounds. Damian knew the concept of billiards but he was not any good. It did not mean that he did not enjoy it! Damian thought that would be the best thing since he was not a fan of dancing. "I am not good at pool, but I do love playing it. You are breaking though." He didn't want to say why he didn't want to break. He often missed the triangle altogether. Damian stood up and he led the way over to the area designed for pool. He picked out a stick that had a good weight, and hoped that he would not make a fool of himself. "I already have a feeling that I am buying next round of drinks." Damian could not help but chuckle about that revelation, but he did not mind, as long as he had fun.

Evangelina was surprised to hear that instead of wanting to hook up, he'd rather have a girlfriend or something first. He must have more or less wanted some company, or a distraction from something. "Do I dare even ask what you need a distraction from? You don't have to answer though. It's probably none of my business. I think I can be a decent enough distraction for tonight at least though." Aside from being a real cutie, Evangelina also found him to be a real sweetheart. At first glance one might think he was a punk that was up to no good. But looks could be very deceiving sometimes. Evangelina could only hope that ultimately, this guy was true with his intentions. Evangelina would love some company, but she wasn't at all in the mood for someone that could possibly ruin what she had with Kyne. Evangelina was more than happy to be the one to break, that was usually how she made sure that she won. "I can't brag because I'm not all that good either, but you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You're pretty cute so for all you know I might just let you win, so your ego doesn't take a tumble or anything." Once the game was in motion, and Evangelina made her first move, she realized that she might not be as good as she had hoped. Motioning for Damian to go, she hoped he would do worse than she was. Otherwise she'd be buying more drinks and losing her bragging rights.

Damian looked up when Evangelina asked what he needed a distraction from. He sighed and he decided to explain since he had nothing to lose at this point. "Well, I had a really serious girlfriend, and broke up with her because she wanted to open up a store in New Zealand and I wanted to travel. I had enough issues while she was at school and I was not, so I did not want to hold her back. I am still dealing with that and want a distraction from thinking about her." He was being honest, since he really wanted a distraction from Ostensia. Even after this time, she was still lingering, and how he blew his chances to get back with her as he was shopping for clothing. By the time he could talk, it was far too late. He had blown it, and he really needed something to take his mind off of it. Evangelina and some fun would do it. Liliana was a good friend, but she often could not take his mind off of Ostensia. Once Evangelina broke and she was finished saying that she would not brag, and how he should not be hard on himself, Damian planned his move. He was used to it after he ended things with Ostensia. His self esteem went downhill. However it was his move and he did not want to keep her waiting. "Yeah do not let me win. Besides, the game is the fun part, not the winning or the losing." Damian was fairly humble. He made his move and managed to get a solid one in, and then moved again until he missed with his second. "Oh, by the way, I assume you must be seeing someone. Who is he? I hope things are going well with you two."

Evangelina listened carefully to Damian in hopes that she could figure out why he needed a distraction so badly. Her mouth caved into a frown the moment she heard that his need of a distraction came from an ex-girlfriend that still must have been on his mind. Evie wanted to walk over and give that poor man a hug, but it was apparently his fault that they were broken up in the first place. Evangelina paused in the middle of her turn and placed a hand on Damian's shoulder in a comforting manner. "You still miss her too....don't you? Perhaps if you miss her as much as I think you do, you should find her and get her back." Damian seemed like a good guy, perhaps his ex would give him another chance if he proved to her just how much he missed and cared for her. Evangelina knew that every girl wanted her man to fight for her, this other girl was probably no difference. Evangelina took a shot, and managed to knock two balls in. Hm, she was better at this game than she remembered being. "Though sometimes, losing does suck." The brunette admitted as she waited for Damian to take his turn. Evangelina didn't like to lose, but sometimes it happened and there was nothing she could do about it. "I am seeing someone. His name is Kyne. He's such a lovely guy...I'm patiently waiting for him to pop the question though." Evangelina wondered if she was going to be lecture by Damian about this or not. It would seem like guys would stick together over this sort of thing, so she hoped Damian wouldn't start yelling at her about being patient and letting the man do his own thing. Evie couldn't help that she wanted to get married to Kyne!

Damian sighed when she said that he had still missed her as she placed her hand upon his shoulder in a comforting manner. She was really nice for some woman he met in a bar. It would be really nice if he could make her as a friend for him, and then they could really talk and stuff. Right now, he did feel like he needed friends other than flings. It was just something that he had been thinking about ever since she informed him that she was seeing someone. Who could blame the guy, she was absolutely gorgeous. "I miss her more than anything. I tried to get her back once, but I just could not talk. My head was screaming at my voice to say something, but never did. I probably ruined every chance of getting back together." His voice almost cracked there, but he had managed to keep it steady. It was enough to make it believable that was for sure. It was now Damian’s turn, after she made two of hers in. he focused and made his own shot, only to miss and knock something else in the way so it would be a little hard to get anything in. Well, he would take what he can get, that was for certain. It did seem like he was losing, and he nodded to agree with Evie. She said that the man’s name was Kyne, and that he was such a lovely guy. She was waiting for him to pop the question. "Have you dropped any hints to him yet? Maybe he needs to be reassured that it is something you want." He looked up and he saw some angry guy heading toward him. "Yeah no time like the present." He motioned toward the guy with the stick and hoped that he was not about to get into trouble for talking.

Kyne Lurken called in a few favors to have his son and two daughters to have someone watch over them as he went shopping for a ring. He was planning on proposing soon, but he was not entirely sure if Evangelina was the type to get married or not. The one thing he knew was the fact that he did not want to keep his last name. He would take over her last name, that was, if she would have him. He had no idea if she wanted to settle down. They lived together, were seeing each other and had three children. Jayson, Zenia and Zoe were simply beautiful. At first, they had his last name before he changed them to Katsaros. There was a good reason for that. As far as he knew, the Katsaros were a strong family, and the Lurkens were dying off. His sister apparently had a child in school, and the child was definitely not a pure-blood. Kyne wanted to get away from that. His mother was a bloody ghost too, ghost of a Scitorari member. He wanted nothing to do with that. With those thoughts in mind, Kyne arrived over at a bar, but his eyes looked over to see that Evie was with some other dude. The first thing that he thought was the fact that his woman could be flirted with by some other dude. He was angry, for sure, not at Evie but the other guy, however he remembered that he needed to keep his jealousy under control. He approached them, perhaps a little too fast, and he looked from the guy to Evie and saw that they were only playing pool. "Uh, what’s going on?" asked Kyne, his London accent heavy upon his words. He kept one of his eyes on the other guy, but for now, he would have to stay calm, enough anyway.

Evangelina instantly felt her heart breaking for Damian. He was really upset about the whole girlfriend thing. Apparently he had even tried to get a second shot, but blew that too. "Maybe she’s the kind of girl that has a big enough heart to let you have a third chance at making up with her?" Evangelina suggested, her eyes carefully darting along the tattoo’s that were marked all over Damian’s arms. Hopefully he didn’t have a tattoo of the girls name somewhere. That would be kind of embarrassing after all of this. Evangelina wasn’t sure if he deserved a third chance, but some girls were more willing than she was to let a guy into their life if they still loved them. Hopefully Damian would get the idea and maybe give it at least one more shot. It was up to him though. If he didn’t think he wanted it that badly, Evangelina couldn’t go out there and make him. "Well I-what? Oh Kyne!" Evangelina was about to say that she hadn’t dropped any hints because she had no idea how to do that without it being too obvious. However, Damian said something that made her pause right before she was able to get to any of the juice details. Evangelina turned around and saw Kyne approaching the two of them. He didn’t look too happy though. "Hey hun! I’m just playing a game of pool with Damian. Pretty sure I’m winning too. Want to join? Wa- where are the kids?" Evangelina wondered how he was here when he was supposed to be watching the kids. Hopefully he had gotten himself a babysitter. Otherwise he was likely going to get one hell of a lecture right here and right now, even if he was sweet enough to come out looking for her.

Damian never thought of having a third chance, and wondered if Ostensia would love him enough to give that to him. He hoped so since he thought that he might have deserved one. Then again he might not have deserved anything at all with the way he treated her. He looked at Evangelina and he smiled, "Thanks. You know, you have given me an inspiration. If I can find her that is." If he could not, what else would he do? Maybe move on, or try to. That was what he was working on now and it was not working exactly. The man that arrived made Damian completely forget about the game of pool, and he hoped that he was not about to get punched in the face. He looked down at the ground and flinched a bit at the man's words. He could tell even then that he was not in the best of moods. It was very accurate to say that Damian was a little frightened. Damian was even more shocked when Evie asked where the kids were. What kids? Evangelina had kids, that had to be it! With Kyne too apparently. Damian thought that he might be a little bit late on leaving. Damian rested the pool stick down and he said, "Um, actually maybe I need to go. Evie, I can send you an owl to keep in touch. Maybe I'll find Ostensia. And Kyne, you have one great girl. Don't lose her to anyone else." He grinned at him, hoping that it was a hint enough. He gave a wink to Evangelina before he made his exit. As soon as he was out of the bar, Damian apparated off, hoping that Kyne would propose or something, immediately. Evie needed to have a ring on her finger and soon.

Kyne was a little more than confused by this point. The man himself looked to be an alright guy, but he was hanging out his girlfriend a bit too much. Evangelina asked where the kids were and he said with a soft tone, "I have a friend from work watching them. I just hope that they don't eat him alive while we are away." Kyne did wish his friend the best of luck. He just hoped that his son, Jayson, was not calling him mudblood or something. He had no idea where he had learned that word but it was not from him. The only thing he could think of right now was he got it from one of the prejudice family members. He sighed and he looked over at the man that was talking before he directed his speech toward Kyne. Kyne raised his eyebrow and wondered what in the world he was talking about. Losing Evangelina to someone? Was that a threat? However the man left, and Kyne looked to Evangelina and then the pool table. He was not very big on pool, and he wondered what the man was speaking about. "Mind telling me what in the world he meant? Am I about to screw up and you go off to another guy?" Kyne could not think of a reason why she would do that. Then again he had yet to make a serious commitment and he knew that he should have done that years ago. Kyne looked down at his hands and he started to think over everything. He looked back to Evangelina and he asked, "Um, can we leave here and go talk alone, while we have the chance?" It was not too often they got some quiet time to themselves. Hopefully she would agree so that he could perhaps talk about the future with her.

"Goodbye Damian!" Evangelina waved him off, hoping that he would take the time to go hunt down that girl he was missing so much. He deserved another chance at happiness. Once he was gone, Evangelina figured that the game was done and stepped over towards Kyne. Apparently he had found a sitter for the kids. Evangelina instantly frowned, silently pitying the poor soul who had agreed to that sort of thing. Her kids could be precious one moment, then little demons the next. If they were to lose control that poor sitter had better hope he has good health insurance. Evangelina was about to ask if Kyne wanted to go home or go get a drink, but then he asked if he was about to screw up and lose her to someone else. Evangelina's brows furrowed in confusion. "Why would you think that, hun? Damian recently lost his a girl he really cared about because he wasn't careful, I just think he didn't want you to do the same. I still love you more than anything and you know that." Evangelina curved an arm around his neck and pulled him down for a quick kiss. Poor guy was worrying too much about whether or not she was going to leave him. "Sure, we can go somewhere to talk. Lead the way." Evangelina grew kind of worried, what if he was mad at her for talking to some other guy? She didn't want to lose him for something silly. Evangelina figured that she could at least go with him and see what he wanted before she jumped to conclusions and started to get upset. Maybe he just wanted to ask her how her day had gone or something.

Evie waved off the other guy, and Kyne was still confused as ever. What was going on? Kyne just hoped that he would not be at risk of losing Evangelina. It was just what Damian said that made him wonder. She said that Damian recently lost his girl, and then that he did not want the same thing to happen to Kyne. That guy was pretty sweet then. Definitely not after his girl which made him feel loads better. "Well, I was just a little insecure. You know I get like that sometimes." At least she kissed him and made him feel better. They had been seeing each other for many, many years, so it was about time he made the commitment. The ultimate one. He was just worried a bit, and it would make him feel a lot better if he had taken her off of the market, for good. At least he was leading the way to where he was planning on popping the question. That was why he needed a sitter. It was for that reason. He looked over at her once he led her to the railing that was blocking them from the river nearby. It shone with lights from the town, and the area looked beautiful. He continued to hold her hand, and he said, "So I hired a sitter so I can go shopping. I got this." Kyne used his free hand to pull out a box, and he flipped it open to show the engagement ring. "Um, it is about time I take you as my wife, if you are willing to accept."

Evangelina wanted to point out that he didn't have a reason to be insecure with him, but she decided to remain silent instead. It probably wasn't something he could control. As far as Evangelina was aware, it was probably one of those manly pride things. "I'm just impressed that you didn't threaten to beat him up the moment you saw me talking to him." Evangelina laughed, remembering a few times where Kyne's temper scared away some potential friends. Being led to an unfamiliar area, Evangelina listened carefully when she heard that Kyne had called a sitter because he went shopping for something else. Kyne was normally the type to shop so Evangelina was a bit confused. Hopefully it was nothing weird. When Kyne pulled out a ring and asked her to marry him, Evangelina's mouth fell open. What timing he had! "Oh my god, Kyne! How much did that cost-I mean...oh my god. It's so shiny...and big. Wow. Perfect timing too, I was just beginning to wonder if you were ever going to make an honest woman out of me! Of course I'll marry you Kyne!" Evangelina gazed in winder at the ring. It was so beautiful, and it meant to much to her too! Kyne definitely knew how to make a woman’s night didn't he?

Kyne could not help but chuckle a bit when she mentioned that she was impressed that he did not threaten to beat him in. He would have done that several years ago. Perhaps working and raising his three children with Evie made him grow up a bit. "Yeah, that would have really turned you off to the evening anyway." The last thing he wanted to do was to upset Evie right now when he was going to propose to her. Perhaps they should just elope. He had enough money to get some good wedding bands. It seemed as though that Evie was rather loving the fact that the ring he had picked out for her was as big as it was. It was real too. It took him over a year to save up for. "Good," Kyne slipped the ring upon her ring finger and he continued, "Perfect. You know, we should have been married already. I say that we should have a small wedding within the next week. Have our kids there and everything." Kyne took her by the hand and walked her toward their home. They had a lot to plan for in the wedding.
Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back