OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Professor King approached the Room of Requirement with Sophia at his heels. He stopped abruptly by the wall and then waited for Sophia to catch up. "Open the room again." he instructed, allowing her a second chance at what she had forgotten the last time.

Sophia had stopped beside the Professor and gave him a nod at his words. She walked a few feet down the hallway before turning around and walking back toward Professor King, thinking to herself, I need a place where I can improve my skills in defensive magic with the help of Professor King without interruption. She passed Professor King and turned around, walking back down the hallway with the same thought in her head. Once she got to the spot she had been in at the start of her pass she turned around and walked past Professor King once more, the same thought in her head as the previous two times.

After passing the spot on the wall the third time a large wooden door appeared and Sophia stopped. She turned to Professor King with a slight smirk on her face. "After you Professor."

"Have you learned nothing Ms. Stark?" Professor King inquired jokingly with a smile on his face. He opened the door and then said, "Ladies first."

"Yes, well, I thought I would at least offer." Sophia walked through the
door and was pleased to see that the room looked similar to the last time she had been in it with the Professor. There was a large bookshelf containing books on everything from Disillusionment to protective spells against the wall the door was against to Sophia's right. Before her was an open room with enchanted dummies littered about and some mattresses on the floor at the far end.

Once inside she walked over to the bookshelf where a small table and some chairs were situated. Sophia removed her messenger bag from her torso and set it down on one of the chairs.

Professor King walked into the room after Sophia and removed his cloak and scarf, hanging both up beside the door which he promptly closed. He then walked towards the small table where Sophia had placed her messenger bag and took a seat, "So you what do you want to practise today?" he inquired brightly.

Sophia looked at Professor King with a calm expression. "The last time you were here you were going to help me work on controlling my blood ability."

"Ah yes." Professor King said, recalling the last lesson, "Well, I assume you want to pick up from there?"

"Yes Professor." Sophia stared at Professor King, waiting patiently for him to begin.

"Well then, what do you want to know about it? How to control it? How to make it stronger?" Professor King asked all at once, he wasn't so sure he was qualified, or able to help Sophia out with something he knew little about. Under any other circumstances he would recommend she ask her family.

"Both would be good. I think controlling it better would be essential though, before I can learn to make it stronger." Despite her best efforts Sophia appeared a bit eager.

"Alright then." Professor King began ever so hesitantly, dreading the moment when he would actually have to help Sophia with this. "So when do you notice your ability takes effect?" he inquired.

Sophia thought that Professor King seemed a bit off, but decided to simply ignore it and attributed it to the fact that he was recently ill. "Anger tends to ignite it," she began, not even intending to use the pun as she had.

"Only anger, no other emotion?" Professor King asked in a perplexed tone.

Sophia looked at Professor King with a confused expression as she considered his question. "Well, it only ever happened by accident twice, and both times I was feeling intense anger and rage. In case it had escaped your notice I am not the most emotional person. So, I suppose it is possible that other emotions spark it, but I have yet to try."

"No Ms. Stark I had yet to notice you weren't usually emotional." Professor King said with a light mocking tone in his voice, "Which may be why you haven't much played with your ability or tryed to control it on your own. UNless, you have tried?"

Sophia shot the Professor a momentarily dirty look before returning her expression to its normal calm. "Yes, actually, I have played with it a bit. I simply channeled my anger and tried to focus it. I was unable to figure out how to conjure my powers without being angry though."

"Well, from what I can tell it is tied to most strong emotion, then after enough practice you will find yourself able to use it at will, but this often takes years." Professor King explained in a calm tone, having noticed Sophia's glare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back