Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
13' Oak wand with phoenix tail feather core
Ferrah had a few days off in New Zealand, and after finding out from Keanu that there was rumour her sister had delved deeper into her state than ever before, the former Ravenclaw was nervous for her twins wellbeing. Of course there was nothing she could do if Bella had decided to join the scit s, but like Keanu she wondered day and night whether she could have done more to look out for the girl when they spent so much time together. The twins had never been particularly close, but now more so than ever.
The seeker had decided it was time to take her mind of her family issues, and make the most of the free days she had ahead instead. After exploring the village a little she realised there was an owl sanctuary a short walk outside, and that afternoon Ferrah had apparated to the entrance of the birds home. Taking a ticket she wandered through the gates, instantly admiring how just how big this place was, and how many birds were here. The girl grabbed a map and began to peer through the bars as all the owls went about their business. If she didn’t play quidditch for a living, she would have loved to have been a magizoologist..

Lyla had decided to visit the owl sanctuary, she had a day off and wanted to take a break from preparing her sailboat. She walked through the sanctuary carefully admiring the different owls. They always amused Lyla, their magical abilities and advances in communication across the wizarding world.

Stepping up to the bars of a particular owl's cage, she read the plaque. Before she could finish reading, she noticed a girl standing near her. "Excuse me, do you play quidditch?" The girl looked familiar and Lyla had just begun working at Dervish and Banges, where she carefully had to sort all the quidditch player figurines.

Ferrah was in a daze, staring up at the birds that did so many tasks and were so smart, trapped behind their cages. It seemed wrong that they didn’t fully get to appreciate the skies, although she wasn’t really sure what the alternative was. The girls thoughts were interrupted though and she glanced across to see that someone was staring at her. Had she heard correctly? She’d never been noticed for her quidditch professionally yet, and just the idea of it made her speechless. Did she actually have a fan? “I..er..yeah. I mean yes I play for Pride of Portree,” she got out eventually, finding her voice. “Have you seen us play?” Not many in New Zealand had heard of the Scottish team, but it made sense for those who went to Hogwarts Scotland.

Lyla seemed to catch the girl off guard and was worried that she alarmed the girl. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I work with the quidditch figurines, so I spend a lot of time looking at the lists of quidditch players." She hadn't been to a Pride of Portree game since she was going to Hogwarts. "It's been a few years. I'm more of a casual quidditch fan." Lyla wasn't an expert in quidditch things by any means, but she did need to know stuff for her job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back