Animal Cruelty: Art or Insanity?

Oh my. Craziness.

That's not art. That's just horrible.
*is disgusted*

Wow. I couldn't even finish that video.
I'm an animal lover and stuff like that breaks my heart. <_< I would set that poor dog free.

thats not art, thats just wrong. that poor dog. :(( man where did that guy get an idea that like that from???? thats just makes me mad. ~X(

This is exactly why I have trouble with art. Apparently, if you call something art, you're basically above the law or something like that. This is plain wrong and they should put the man in the dogs position, see how he likes it. :mad:

I'm pretty sure the well-being of animals takes precedence over art. At least, I think that's the way it works in the US. As far as art goes, to misquote or paraphrase Andy Warhol, "Whatever you can get away with is art." Art is anything you derive meaning out of. To us, its simply animal cruelty, to others, its statement about the living conditions of today and the system that has been set in place. If you don't have, your dog. Eventually you'll be a starving dog, and then a dead dog. The title "You are what you read," is made of dog food. In other words, we're all dog food. We're dog food for those that have more money, more power, and more status than ourselves (Isn't that right Slytherins?). If anything, the fact that people actually listened to the artist when he told them that they couldn't feed the dog, is an even deeper and profound message than simply a dying dog. I bet he wanted someone to feed the dog, just to show that maybe one person out there was capable of being something more. Art like this takes deep disgust for the one's conditions of living. I can appreciate the statement but I do not condone its medium.

I can't believe he won 1st place for that...abomination. [I think that's what it said]...It's horrible and wrong and...Can we tie him up and starve him?

Arabella Brummit said:
I can't believe he won 1st place for that...abomination.  [I think that's what it said]...It's horrible and wrong and...Can we tie him up and starve him?
My thoughts exactly!! I can't watch the video cuz it'll rile up my blood; but the thought has got me angry enough. I signed the petition and would like to get my hands on him personally. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't watch it.....it made me cry :(( ...that b@stard should be tied to a wall and starved, wonder how much he'd like it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That makes me furious. How would he feel if someone tied him up and and put him on display? Without food or water? That is disgusting and I would love to give him a piece of my mind, or rather I break a piece of him.

This is infuriating! What type of dog was that supposed to be?

I'm not a PETA advocate, but this is just cruel.

I decided to research this further. Based on THIS the dog was only tied up for a day before it escaped and was only tied up for three hours the whole time. The curator also said the dog was fed regularly. The artist himself signed the Petition that Athene has requested we all sign.

So, then what did the dog die of?

Mike Goulding said:
So, then what did the dog die of?
It can be assumed the dog died on the street of starvation; it was starving when it was found and it escaped and probably died of starvation. But nobody knows for sure that it even died.

well, i liked the whole 'let's write something with dogfood idea'

but all the rest of it sucked. a lot.

especially the

'let's put a starving dog here to look at the something written in dogfood.'

i signed.

Teagan Gerster said:
well, i liked the whole 'let's write something with dogfood idea'

but all the rest of it sucked. a lot.

especially the

'let's put a starving dog here to look at the something written in dogfood.'

i signed.
I just would like to post that it escaped after being there for three hours and during its stay there none of the viewers requested it be released or fed; however it WAS fed with regularity (however much there can be in three hours).

i saw this before

hearless pathetic sad discusting
this is art
this is torture,
I'd Just love to see the "artist" tied up to a wall, and starved, see how they like it
i know this is very old
but i just had to say it

Kida Frost said:
i saw this before

this is art
this is torture,
I'd Just love to see the "artist" tied up to a wall, and starved, see how they like it
i know this is very old
but i just had to say it
I refer you to what I referred everybody else to.
this

Professor Nicolas King said:
Kida Frost said:
i saw this before

this is art
this is torture,
i know this is very old
but i just had to say it
this
yeah i still dun like him

Kida Frost said:
Professor Nicolas King said:
Kida Frost said:
i saw this before

this is art
this is torture,
i know this is very old
but i just had to say it
this
yeah i still dun like him
Far worse has been done with far less as the goal.

Those who stood by and watched are as guilty as those who commissioned it and he who created it. My poor Natividad...rest in peace, baby.
Far worse has been done with far less of a goal...yes, that is true. I suppose, though, that is is considered an atrocity because it was so menial. So many people saw and did nothing. Which is why the outrage and controversy that blossomed out of it was phenomenal. Myself, I am not so shocked with Guillermo Vargas as I am with those who viewed it. It is to be expected that someone would concoct something like this, this little act of cruelty and call it art, but people seeing it and doing nothing? Sadly, that is also to be expected. Perhaps many people who saw the works disagreed, but did nothing. Half of the people who signed the petition I'm sure wouldn't have done anything for fear of being sued or suchlike. That is the epitome of human nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back