Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Ava shuffled into the arts room. Vader was busy with Accio things and she couldn't find Alice. It was alright, she didn't want to bother them anyway. Her hair always felt so weird brushing against her jawline. She didn't regret cutting it, it would just take some getting used to. She stood for a few moments in front of her favorite easel. She just needed to pick up the paintbrush and she could make something pretty that would make her feel better... right? She couldn't bring herself to move forward. The longer she stared at it, the madder she got until finally she lashed out and kicked it over. She started picking up the paint and throwing it as hard as she could, a tube in every direction.

By the time there was nothing left to throw, there was paint and paper all over the room. Ava slumped against the nearest wall, her anger spent and sadness overwhelming her. She slid down until she hit the floor. She leaned her head back and shut her eyes. She'd already cried herself dry this morning. She was really tired of crying herself to sleep every night. Why couldn't she just stay with Vader again? He was the only one she really wanted to see anymore. HIm and Alice, maybe. She knew she had cousins at school now, Lily and Ren, but she couldn't bring herself to go look for them.

Adorah finally had caught up on all her homework and figured she would make her way to the Arts Room to practice piano again. She had been looking for piano musical by wizarding composers and had managed to find a piece entitled "My toad spit on my nargle." It wasn't the most glamorous title, but the piece had many staccatos and accents that would allow to practice her dynmaic skillset. As she was making her way to the arts room, she suddenly heard a lot of commotion inside. She opened the door and noticed a girl sitting on the floor. There were bottles of paint all around the room. Adorah stepped inside and looked at the girl. "I don't mean to interrupt, but are you okay?" She wasn't sure if this was due to some magical disaster, maybe one of the poltergeists, or the student herself.

Ava glanced up as a girl spoke. "It doesn't matter," Ava turned her head away and laid it back on her arms. She couldn't pinpoint what it was, but she just wasn't herself anymore. She couldn't really make herself care that she didn't care, either. It was all very strange to her. She was just... angry, all the time. She hoped the younger girl went away quickly. Ava didn't want company. Unless it was Vader. But he was busy.

The girl didn't look very happy and seemed to not be interested in speaking with Adorah. Adorah looked around the room and spotted a basket. She walked around the room, not looking at the girl, and began picking up bottles of paint, making sure their lids or caps were on tight and placed them in the basket. "What were you planning on painting?" she asked the girl. Maybe is she distracted her from whatever upset her, she'd calm down. Adorah was used to people always being upset around her so this situation didn't phase her too much.

Ava thought the other girl had gone, but after a few moments she heard some shuffling. She looked up to see that the girl had begun to pick up the room. Ava's heart panged a little in her chest. She hadn't meant for someone else to clean up this mess. She pushed to her feet and moved to help the girl clean, setting a tube of paint in her basket as she asked her question. "I don't know," She admitted quietly, picking up a bit more. "I'm sorry you found this," She apologized to the younger girl. Ava felt bad for pushing her problems off on other people. She gave the girl a small smile.

Adorah looked at the other girl as she began to help clean up. She gave her a smile back. "I don't mind helping clean up, we all have our bad days," she said. After she had picked up all the paint, Adorah stuck out her hand. "I'm Adorah, by the way. What's your name? I don't think I've seen you around before." She felt a little bad for the girl - Adorah had also had meltdowns like this. One of them had led to her family relocating to another country, but she was glad to see that there were other students who experienced them. She empathized with this girl.

Ava stood with the other girl. She felt embarrassed that she had thrown such a tantrum. "I... Avaria." She shook the girl's hand. "We, ah... aren't you in Ravenclaw? You're... in my sister's dorm," She admitted softly. "Emily is my little sister." She managed with a small wince. She hoped the other girl didn't notice that. "I'm in Ravenclaw, too. Third year," She rushed a bit through the rest of the sentence. Great, she'd done it now.

Adorah gave a small nod when Avaria said Emily was her little sister. For some reason, Adorah hadn't really connected with any of her roommates, and she wasn't sure why. "Right, Emily. Yeah, I know her," she said as she looked at the ground. Maybe she should change the subject. What is this girl thought she was friends with Emily? That could lead to awkward conversations. "So, a third year? That means you've started to take extra classes, right?" Adorah walked over towards the blank canvas and set the basket of paint on the floor beside it.

Ava let out a sigh of relief as the subject changed from Emily. Phew. She followed after Adorah, placing her hands in her pockets. "Hm? Oh... yeah. I'm in everything but Muggle Studies. Why?" She wouldn't mention that she hardly paid attention to them. She'd been struggling a lot lately. She didn't need to point that out to the younger girl.

Adorah shrugged as Avaria walked over towards the canvas. "I just think some of the upper-level classes are very interesting. I was raised in the muggle world, and I've never heard of Ancient Runes or even thought about the Care of Magical Creatures. It just sounds fascinating to me." Adorah wasn't sure if the Avaria was really interested in talking to her anymore. Maybe she had stayed her welcome long enough. She could always come back and practice piano later, or maybe there was another piano somewhere in the castle. It was a relatively large building, after all. She looked at the canvas again and gestured to it. "Did you want me to leave you to your painting?" Adorah was never a very good visual artist, but she admired people who enjoyed the activity.

Ava nodded as Adorah explained. "That makes sense." She paused as the girl offered to leave her to her painting. "I... no. No, it's alright. I'm not in the mood to paint anyway. You can have it if you want, I just... need to calm down." Ava gave her a small smile and moved over to the piano. "And there's only one sure way for me to do that." She sat down and after a moment's consideration, began to play. Ava quickly relaxed, shutting her eyes and losing herself in the music as she played. It probably wasn't the best habit to lose herself like that, as she forgot she wasn't alone.

Adorah watched as Avaria moved over to the piano and began to play an unknown song. She took a seat on a window sill and listened to the music, closing her eyes and trying to find every note. The piano was very much an escape for Adorah, as well. She was nowhere near as good as Avaria, but she still enjoyed trying to play, nonetheless. When Avaria finished the song, Adorah spoke up. "That was really beautiful. Did you write it?" she asked.

Feeling much calmer, Ava looked up to the other girl and gave her a genuine and relaxed smile. "Oh, no. My grandma used to play it. She never told me where she learned it." She ran her fingers over the keys. "Sorry if I was being rude before." She apologized again.

"That's really sweet that you play a song you learned from your grandmother," Adorah responded back to Ava. Adorah had never been close to her grandparents. She had never met her father's parents because they had passed away before she was adopted, and her mother's parents lived on the opposite end of Germany from where she had grown up. The separation grew since they now lived in New Zealand. "I don't think you were rude! I actually came up here to practice piano. I'm no where near as good as you, though." She looked at the piano and then kicked her legs around as she sat on the window sill. "You can play another song if you'd like. I'm sure whatever you choose will be beautiful." Adorah enjoyed listening to others play music. She wondered if there was an ensemble at Hogwarts that she might be able to join. If not, stalking the Arts Room may be her best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back