Angela Abbadon

Angela Abbadon

066.jpg

Full Name: Angela Lilith Abbadon
- Birth Date: October Eighteenth
- Current Age: Eleven
- Basic Appearance: Angela is pureblood breeding in its finest. At least, she would be, if her mother wasn't a muggle. With her light blonde hair, startling blue eyes, clear, creamy complexion, and medium-tall stature, she is very beautiful, even at her young age. Angela is leggy and thin. There is just one thing that she feels insecure about: her breasts are still very small. Not unusual, for her age, but she still finds it embarrassing. Angela prefers to wear muggle clothing.
- Parents: Angela's mother is a muggle, and her father, a pureblood. Her father, Edward Blackwell Abbadon, came from a very strict, very bloodline-obsessed English household. The family was so desperate to preserve the pureness of their bloodline that anyone who had attempted to deviate from the family's "beliefs" was disowned. Any half blood children that resulted from the match didn't exist to them unless they agreed to disown their parents and pretend that they were purebloods like the rest of the family. They would get paid very handsomely for doing so. It was a ridiculous policy, and it lead many to wonder just how "pure" the bloodlines were.

Angela's mother, Aurélie Rosseau, couldn't have had a more different childhood. Aurélie had a wonderful, happy family. They were a little loud, at times, and obnoxious, but they loved each other and supported each other's decisions. That didn't mean, however, that Aurélie's parents let her crawl through the mud like a common waif, however. She was taught to be a kind and gracious woman, the epitome of a lady. These lessons were taught on to Angela as she grew.
- Siblings, if any: Angela is an only child for now. However, her mother recently announced that she was pregnant. Angela is hoping for a baby brother.
- Pets, if any: Angela has a pet owl. She got it as a way to keep in contact with her parents.
- Area of Residence: A beautiful house outside of Marseille, France, with a lovely garden and a large orchard of fruit and olive trees. Her family sold most of the produce, but kept more than enough for themselves. Her mother's parents lived in a separate house on the property.
- Blood status: Half Blood

(If your character is a sorted student:)
- Hogwarts House (And why): Gryffindor, though she's not sure why. She doesn't think of herself as being particularly brave or bold.
- Best school subjects (And why): N/A Yet.
- Worst school subjects (And why): N/A Yet.

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? A tiger.
- What would their Boggart be? Her paternal grandfather. He scares the living daylights out of her!
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) A tiger, like her patronus. Siberian. Icy, like her appearance. Powerful and fierce, but nurturing and loving.
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Herself marrying a man who loved her unconditionally. Her greatest wish is to someday marry for love, as her parents did.
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Playing in her family's orchards with her cousins as a child. They often came to visit during the summer. Between us and Mémé and Pépé, there was always a place for my mother's brothers and their children to stay, so they would stay with us for months at a time. It was fun. Angela looked forward to returning to them during the winter and summer holidays.

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
Dear Diary,

I apologize for not writing last night, I was too busy packing! I'm so excited to finally be going to school! When the letter came, Papa was so proud of me, I thought he would burst! I am also afraid I will be made fun of for my accent, but at least my English is good. Perhaps Papa's idea of keeping a journal in English was a good one, I feel much more prepared for school than I otherwise might have. He also quizzes me on my English when I am least expecting it, and I usually respond correctly.

I hope I make friends there. I have never had good friends outside of my family before. It is time for me to, as my father puts it "break out of my shell". This will be a good experience for me, I know it. I fear leaving my family, but it must be done at some point, so I suppose it would be best if it were to occur now as opposed to much later in life.

Oh! Mère is calling for me to help with dinner, so I must go. I will write later!

~ Ange

Hello there. :) I guess I'll be asking some questions of you which you may reply to in or out of character as you see fit.
Primarily, your character's birth year would be 2010, just in case you weren't sure. :)

To the questions:

Can you give an approximation as to what medium-tall height would be for Angela?
Can you give five adjectives to describe Angela?
Can you give five adjectives to describe Angela's parents?
How are Angela's parents employed?
Remember, to have her father as an approved pure-blood he must apply using this process. :)
Is there any specific reason why Angela wants a brother more than a sister?
Has Angela named her owl?
Where was Angela born, in the UK or in France? If the UK, when did she move to France?
If Angela lives in France, why is she attending Hogwarts in New Zealand?
Why would Angela's patronus be a tiger?
What about her paternal grandfather scares Angela?
What house does Angela hope to be sorted into?
Did her father attend Hogwarts? What house was he in?
It appears, by your character's journal entry, that she speaks both English and French, but mostly French. Is she fluent in any other languages?
What is Angela's favourite food?
What is Angela's favourite colour?
What is Angela's worst memory?

That should do for now, yes? :)

Can you give an approximation as to what medium-tall height would be for Angela?
Angela is 5' tall even. She's not abnormally tall, but she is a couple inches taller than your average eleven-year-old.
Can you give five adjectives to describe Angela?
Quiet, Observant, Loyal, Kind, and Protective.
Can you give five adjectives to describe Angela's parents?
Her Mother:
Ladylike, Intelligent, Nurturing, Protective, Understanding.
Her Father:
Determined, Clever, Stubborn, Thoughtful, Resourceful.
How are Angela's parents employed?
For their needs that can be purchased with the currency of the magical world, they used the money her father has saved up. The produce that the family sells helps with other needs. When times are hard, Angela's parents take up muggle jobs in the nearby village. They've never told Angela about these jobs, they don't want her to worry.
Is there any specific reason why Angela wants a brother more than a sister?
Angela has always had more fun with her boy cousins than her girl cousins. She thinks that a baby brother would be much more fun.
Has Angela named her owl?
Yup, his name is Ambrose.
Where was Angela born, in the UK or in France? If the UK, when did she move to France?
Angela was born and raised in beautiful Southern France. Her parents fled there after they eloped.
If Angela lives in France, why is she attending Hogwarts in New Zealand?
Her father didn't want her to attend Beauxbatons because it's a girls-only school, as strange as that sounds, and the Hogwarts in the UK was too close to his family for comfort, so New Zealand it was.
Why would Angela's patronus be a tiger?
A tiger is fierce, powerful, and would do anything to protect it's loved ones. Angela would feel very safe with a tiger protecting her. Who wouldn't?
What about her paternal grandfather scares Angela?
Basically, everything about him. She's only met him once, but after seeing the way her looked at her and her mother, the sound of his perpetually-angry voice, the condescending tone he used, he seemed to be capable of perpetrating evil acts. This may not seem a fair analysis, seeing as how she only saw him for about thirty minutes, but he frightened her. She was, after all, only six when they met.
What house does Angela hope to be sorted into?
Angela doesn't know what house she wants to be sorted into, she doesn't think any of them really fit her, but she would probably prefer Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.
Did her father attend Hogwarts? What house was he in?
Yes, he did. He was a Slytherin. Not one of the radical, Death Eater, muggle-hating Slytherins, mind you, but he obviously has some very Slytherin-like traits if you look back at the adjectives used to describe him.
It appears, by your character's journal entry, that she speaks both English and French, but mostly French. Is she fluent in any other languages?
Nope, just the two. If she got the opportunity to learn another language, she'd take it, but she's satisfied with her current language skills for the time being.
What is Angela's favourite food?
Angela loves crème brulée à la noix de coco, or, in English, coconut crème brulée.
What is Angela's favourite colour?
Angela's favourite color is lavender. It reminds her of the lavender that's grown in the French countryside. Whenever she sees the color, she can practically smell the lavender in bloom.
What is Angela's worst memory?
Meeting her grandfather, hands down. She's had a very happy life, otherwise.

'Her father didn't want her to attend Beauxbatons because it's a girls-only school,'

I must point out that in the novels Beauxbaton is not a girls-only school, it's just made to appear that way in the Harry Potter films. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back