And there's no one that comes close to you, can ever take your place...

Serena Vanderhol

OOC First Name
Katie
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" with Essence of Wood Rose
Last minute Christmas shopping was what had Serena out and about on this absolutely beautiful New Zealand afternoon. The weather for this time of year was the one thing that she still had never quite gotten used to even though she'd been here for nearly five years. She had had every intention of going back to England for the holidays, but as her cousins were all visiting here this year she had just decided to stay put. Rena popped in and out of shops, purchasing a few odds and ends for her family and friends.

After a few hours of shopping and her change purse definitely much lighter she stopped at an outdoor cafe. The waiter came and took her order where she asked for an order of french fries and a butterbeer. When her food arrived Serena pulled her feet up under her and began to munch on the delicious fried food in front of her.

He had seen her nip into the restaurant and smiled, quickly handing over a few gnuts to the vendor at the side of the road, he ran after her. Walking up behind her as she was about to eat some of her food, Harrison reached in front of her and placed a prig of beautiful holly, ivy and some mistletoe all neatly wrapped in a red silk bow in front of her.
"Happy Christmas you" he smiled, before sitting down in the chair beside her. She looked better than he remembered, his memory had not been doing her justice at all. He couldn't help it, reaching across he took her face in his cool hands and kissed very gently on her perfect mouth before sitting up again and releasing her.

"So besides you, what's on the menu?" he winked.

Absolutely fantastic surprise was the emotion that overtook Serena as she first saw a hand dart in front of her and then heard the perfectly familiar voice that she'd been longing to hear for the last year. Practically beaming from ear to ear she replied, "Happy Christmas to you too!" What Harrison did next though couldn't have shocked her more, but she was all to glad that he had done it. When he pulled away from her she sighed, her face blushed bright pink giving her away. It took her a minute to regain her speech, but when she finally did the stupidest thing she could have possibly said came out of her usually quick witted mouth, "Oh you can have me if you want me!" Serena mentally kicked herself, but couldn't help the laughter that escaped her. This was definitely the most perfect Christmas present that she could have possibly ever imagined for herself.

Looking at Harrison she said with a grin, "I didn't think you were coming until sometime next week. You're early...not that I'm complaining or anything." She really had missed him very much which was still an odd feeling for her as she had never been the type of girl to get giddy over the slightest bit of attention from any guy, but Harrison was different.

Harrison chuckled at her words, reaching out a hand to take hers in his own. Strong long fingers laced with hers.
"I thought I already had" he winked at her loving how she blushed at his words and actions. He had just about forgotten her beautiful face and knew this vacation was going to remedy that.
"I had the best possible motive for coming early" he told her as the waitress brought him a menu, "just burger and chips for me thanks. Everything on it". When she had left again he looked back at Serena and couldn't help himself.

"Wow, even with all our letters I still had it in my head that you were a figment of my imagination. I missed you" was he being too much, he hoped not. Harrison certainly didn't want to frighten her away, "I hope you haven't made too many plans because I was hoping to monopolize your time".

Serena grinned and poked herself then poked at his arm saying, "Nope, not a figment of your imagination at all. I'm real and I missed you too...like a lot." She couldn't believe that she was admitting that to him, but he had just told her that he missed her too so she figured it would be fine. Rena practically beamed from ear to ear when Harrison said he was hoping to monopolize her time. "I'm finished with everything I had today so I guess that means I'm all yours. You sure you want get sick of me by the time the day's over with," she said, sticking her tongue out playfully as her finger traced small heart shapes on the back of his hand.

Harrison smiled inside and out. She had missed him as well, he couldn't believe his luck. He had greatly annoyed Aries and Fenton with constant letters about her and now that he was finally sitting in front of her again, all he wanted to do was sit and stare at her. She was beautiful. It wasn't some 'straight out of a magazine' type of beautiful either, she seemed to simply shine, literally brightening his day as she smiled.

"Hmmm that could be a problem. If I end up sick though you'll have to take care of me, which means ... more time around me, which ultimately means I get sicker therefore needing more of your care. It's a vicious circle Serena, can't see a way out of it" he beamed at her. He could feel her finger trailing along his hand and his gaze went to it, a serious expression flitted across his features.

"Serena, I really did miss you" his voice no longer held the light tone, it was almost somber as he was trying to impart how much she had come to mean to him.

Serena laughed as he went through the cycle of his impending illness from being around her too much. Being around Harrison was effortless for her and she lo--liked that about him a lot. When his expression got serious she looked him dead in the eye and could tell that he meant every word that he was saying to her. Leaning slightly and doing something very out of character for her she lightly pressed her lips to his once more. Pulling back after a moment she smiled at him and whispered, "And I've missed you more than I can even begin to express." Rena had known about all the heartache that her sister had endured over the last few years all of which had revolved around the opposite sex which had kept Serena herself always on guard of her own heart, but something about Harrison made her throw all caution to the wind because her heart felt safe with him.

Smiling brightly she asked him curiously, "So what did you have in mind for today?"

He liked that she felt comfortable enough with him now to kiss him instinctively, she had missed him too. This day was just getting better. He remembered vividly the conversations himself, Aries and Fenton had about the whole girl thing and how it was ludicrous, that there was no way on earth any girl could or would make either of them feel like he was feeling now. Of course at the time Fenton was convinced he was madly in love with their mutual best friend and surrogate sister but he like Aries and himself had finally discovered what all the commotion was about. It seemed beyond crazy that all three of the musketeers and even from what he had heard lately their D'Artagnan ~ Andy, had found love. Not just any old love that came and went but the lasting kind.

He looked at Serena and gently touched her face with the back of his hand, stroking the delicate pink flushed cheeks. It had hit him like a thunderbolt, like the daftest eureka moment ever when he had finished penning her a letter and had sent it off. Only to want to then call it back because he had never said the words, never written how he felt and he knew without a doubt that he did feel that way.

"Let me see, we could go feed the ducks at the park. Ride one of those stupid bikes for two, eat ice-cream, kiss me, go for a walk, go to that new music store, kiss me some more..." he grinned at her then, "You can see where I am going with this yeah?"

sorry for forgetting about this one but have now put it on subscription ;)

Serena grinned goofily at Harrison when he made a list of suggestions. She knew exactly what he was getting at and it made her chuckle slightly. "Hmm, so what you're saying is that you're going to buy me ice cream when we get done here? Is that how I'm understanding it," she asked in a cute little voice, as she stupidly batted her eyelashes at him. The food finally came to the table and Rena quickly turned her attention to the food in front of her, but then reset her gaze upon the boy next to her. Beaming from ear to ear she leaned over and said, "Of course we could do this before you buy me ice cream." Gently taking her face in her hands she lightly pressed her lips to his then deepened it slightly, tangling her fingers in his hair. Pulling back her face was bright pink and a lopsided grin emerged on her lips. "And what were my other options," she mused as she stuck her tongue out at him playfully.

((It's okay ;) ))

Harrison felt the wind being knocked out of him just by her laughter, he smiled along with her asking himself constantly what great thing had he done in his past life or this to actually have been deemed worthy enough of her?
"Nope, you're going to buy me some" he laughed teasing her, unable to take his eyes from her as the food arrived. Her words confused him at first until she moved towards him to initiate a kiss. He could seriously kiss her all day long and never tire of it, of course he would also have to start using some kind of chapstick as well but it'd be worth it. Their lips parted once more and she asked about her other options.

Resting his elbow on the table, he propped his head up as he looked at her.
"I'm retracting all other options, I think we're seriously out of practice and need to spend some quality time on the kissing option, best to get that perfect before we move on to ice cream or duck feeding" he turned to the elderly lady at the table beside them who he had noticed had been watching them intently, "wouldn't you agree Madam?"
he winked mischievously at her. She giggled like a little school girl, not being able to remember the last time any man had winked at her.

"I totally agree with you young man" she smiled at the beautiful girl beside him,"If I was thirty years younger I'd spend it practicing with him as well".
Chuckling to herself she turned back to her own table, delighted to see that young love was obviously still thriving in New Zealand.

Serena playfully pouted when Harrison said he was retracting all other options. "So no ice cream then? Well crud, I was really hoping for some frozen goodness too. Sheesh Harrison, way to get a girls hopes up and then crush them," she said sticking her tongue out at him slightly, crinkling her nose up a bit. Serena laughed as Harrison spoke to the woman sitting next to them, but her face was red as a turnip when the older woman made her comment to her. "Yes m'am. I think I can handle a bit more practice," she stated timidly as she looked down at the table in front of her.

Chancing a glance up at Harrison, Rena couldn't help but grin. She was definitely going to have to tell Kat all about him and maybe it would help remind her sister that there were still good guys out there...just not any of the losers that her sister had happened to pick up along the way. At that thought an idea popped into her head. "Oh, hey...we could go back to my house if you want. Dad has the charms set up around the field behind the house so that I can practice. I mean, we can do that if you want to that is," she said with a grin.

Harrison loved her reaction to every situation, she didn't seem to get embarrassed about anything. Even the elderly lady was taken in Serena's stride as if it were a very normal thing to ask strangers for advice on kissing. His smile as he observed her merely got bigger and bigger, he was convinced he would get lock jaw at any moment but she saved him from that fate when she mentioned they could head back to her house.

"I get to watch you on a broom. Hmm let me think about that for a minute. What angle can I watch you from?" he chuckled loudly taking one of her hands in his and threading his fingers through hers, "How about we wolf down this lot and head over along then. It sounds like a definite plan to me".

"You'll get to watch me from behind, but that's only because you'll be eating my dust," Serena said with a sly grin on her face. They chatted for a bit more while they quickly finished up their food. Once they'd paid the bill she stood up and held her hand out. "You ready to go?" The two of them walked hand in hand out of the village and a few miles up the road to her house. "It's not much to look at, but it's home," she said as they entered the front door. "Sit tight for just a minute...I'll go grab some brooms and then I'll show you how to really fly," she quirked as she tip-toed up and pecked him lightly on the cheek.

After having been cut out of work early for the day Steven was wanting nothing more than a nice quiet afternoon at home. He had been in the kitchen making himself a sandwich when he heard the door open. Knowing that Cystine was still at work he could only surmise that it was his youngest daughter. "Rena? That you," he yelled through the house. No response. Poking his head out of the kitchen he saw a young man standing there. He eyed the young lad suspiciously as she reached for his wand. "Can I help you," Steven asked in a gruff tone of voice, his gaze narrowed.

The food was great but now that they seemed to have a goal in mind, they both seemed to eat it hastily. Though the walk back to Serena's was alot slower, both enjoying themselves immensely.
"Hey it looks great" he grinned at her as the went inside. He felt a little apprehensive as she left to get the brooms, chuckling to himself though over her last parting quip. He felt as if he were only standing there a moment before he heard someone call out a shortened version of her name and then a man appeared wand at the ready. Harrison could only presume that he was her father. Slowly raising two hands in the air he offered his most parent pleasing of smiles.
"Hello sir, I am Harrison? Harrison Landers?" perhaps Serena had not mentioned him at all here, he found that he really hoped she had for even just a moment as the guy really looked like he meant business, "I'm Serena's boyfriend."

Ok so they had never actually stated that they were dating but it sure felt like they were to him anyhow. He stood there motionless hoping that he wasn't going to be subjected to some torture just for the heck of it.

Serena quickly went and grabbed two brooms from the back room and then rushed back to where Harrison was now standing looking slightly afraid and she saw the reason why. "Daddy, it's okay. This is Harrison...remember I told you and mum about him," she said timidly, remembering very well the afternoon that her dad had asked her who she'd been writing to. Her father's face had turned a lovely shade of red when she had told him that it was a boy and that she liked him...a lot. Her mother of course had been ecstatic that she finally had her first real crush, though deep down Serena knew it was much more than that.

Walking over to her father she placed her hand on his and said quietly under her breath, "Would you please put that away...you're embarrassing me." Serena glared at her dad momentarily before turning to Harrison and said, "Harrison this is my dad, Steven Vanderhol."

Boyfriend? His baby girl had a boyfriend. Steven was speechless for a moment. Rena wasn't possibly old enough for a boyfriend...was she? Clearing his throat he lowered his wand as his daughter requested, not missing the evil look she had on her face. Placing his wand on the table he raised his hand once again to shake the young man's hand. "Of course, she's done nothing but talk about you for a year. So sorry about that...long day at work," he said as he firmly shook the boy's hand...probably a little harder than necessary. "So you two are going to do a bit of flying I see. Well I won't keep you any longer," Steven added, knowing good and well that he'd be keeping a close eye on Serena and her so called boyfriend, Harrison.

Harrison had to gulp with relief when Serena walked back in. It was strange that she was coming to his rescue but in this situation she was more than welcome to the role. Giving her father a smile that he hoped would let the man know he wasn't a bad sort at all, Harrison then turned his attention to Serena as she made the introductions.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you too sir" Harrison looked back at Mr. Vanderhol not able now to keep the smile from his face as the man had informed him that his gorgeous daughter had been talking about him all year long. All he wanted now was for her father to leave so he could wrap her up in a massive hug and kiss her until she was dizzy from it all. That one passing comment had buoyed him up no end and no matter what else her father said or did after this, it would not dampen Harrison's spirits in the slightest.

"Yeah, flying" he looked down at Serena unable to contain the smile from his mouth or his eyes.

Serena sighed loudly as her father left the room. Turning to Harrison her face was flushed with embarrassment as she apologized. "I am so sorry. I had no idea he was going to be home and I seriously was clueless that he would even act like such a...such a...dad. He's usually very friendly I assure you," she said as she wrapped her arms around his waist and looked up at him. Grinning she added, "So did he officially scare you off or you think you're gonna stick around?"

Harrison shrugged smiling at her as he came to stand in front of her. She looked too adorable.
The back of his hand reached up and gently stroked her cheek.
"Do you really think I scare that easy? I think you're worth sticking around for" with each word his head lowered towards hers until at last his lips touched hers ever so softly as if they had barely touched at all. Reaching to her hands he took the brooms from her with a smile as he straightened up.
"Come on we best get on these or your father will walk back in on me ravishing you" he grinned then blushed deeply at his own words as he turned in the direction he hoped the back door was.

Serena beamed from ear to ear at his words until his lips finally touched to hers just ever so lightly. "Well darn, and just as I was getting used to the idea of ravishing me too," she piped up laughing as she took off behind him, grabbing one of the brooms back from him as she passed him in the back yard. Mounting her own she peeked back over her shoulder she asked sarcastically, "You sure you know how to use that thing right?" Without waiting for an answer she kicked off the ground, her golden hair whipping behind her as she took to the skies.

Harrison stopped dead in his tracks at her words, motionless in a surprised no shocked kind of way. He let them wash over him before a smile spread across his face, watching as she grabbed the broom and took off. It wasn't long before he was straddling his own broom and kicking off, zooming as fast as he could up into the air and circling her. He did a fast fly by before pulling up along side her and reaching across because it sure couldn't be helped he wrapped an arm about her waist pulling them both closer in the air. His mouth found hers and he kissed her long and slowly. Hoping her father at least would not be looking out at them. When he finally broke the kiss, his hand moved to her face and gently touched her cheek.

"You blow me away you know that" he grinned again before doing a sweeping nose dive, "Come on Rena you're it".

Exhilarated is the only word to describe how Serena felt at the moment. Kissing Harrison just made her smile...heck being with him just made her smile in a way that nothing else did. Her face flushed noticeably when he touched her cheek before he darted off again. "Hey no fair...you cheat. Sheesh, kiss me and get my head all cloudy then tell me we're playing tag," Serena yelled after him laughing. Leaning forward on her broom she zoomed off after him. So apparently he's a decent flier...ah shoot he's better than decent she thought with a determined look on her face. Extreme infatuation or not flying brought out Rena's competitive side.

It took her several minutes to catch up with him, but when she finally did she reached her arm out and brushed her hand across his knee. "Gotcha," she said playfully sticking her tongue out at him before turning around and heading in the opposite direction.

Harrison chuckled as he sped along, twisting this way and that as if he really didn't want to be caught. When the chaser looked as great as his girlfriend, he seriously didn't mind at all. He eventually felt her hand on his knee but before he could even reach for it she was gone, flying away in the opposite direction. So the game was on then, he swerved his broom hard and dove once more into a lethal spin before pulling up and flying at a crazy rate beneath Rena. Gradually he began to climb until he maneuvered his broom just below hers and barrel rolled himself over so their feet were practically touching. The most indecent thought popped into his head when he saw how amazing she looked at that particular angle and had to be careful he didn't knock himself off his own broom. With his foot he prodded hers, before using hers to push himself off once more.

"You're it babe" he winked swerving to right his broom once more and blinking hard to quell the thoughts that had bombarded him. He had never thought anything like that about her before but now every second since that first one seemed to be inundated with them. So much so even his pants was beginning to feel uncomfortable.
'Damn' he swore quietly to himself racing on to try to get himself under control. He wasn't going to drag her off into some tree or bush and ravage her, no matter how tempting that sounded or looked as his now all too vivid imagination was showing him. Coughing loudly he figured staying in the air another while was about the safest thing he could do.

"Oh you're sneaky," she said laughing as he tapped his foot against hers, signaling that she was it. Today was absolutely perfect. She loved that the two of them were doing this together as this was pretty much her favorite past time...or at least it was until Harrison had kissed her for the first time, now she was pretty sure that topped her list of favorite things to do.

Flying up behind his broom she grabbed a hold on the end of it, letting him drag her along as he went. Praying that she timed it just right Serena took a leap from her broom and landed right on Harrison's. Quickly she grabbed onto him so she wouldn't fall off and bust her head wide open. "Aha, I landed it this time," she said out loud, feeling suddenly happy that she hadn't actually fallen off her broom this time.

Wrapping her arms around his waist she said laughing, "I'm pretty sure this means you're it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back