And the Bad news?

Shiloh Denton

OOC First Name
Teigan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Holidays. The time most heartwarming to others, was also the time that caused Shiloh Denton the most grief. She never knew what to say to Creta and her parents. How to tell them she had a most amazing time, couldn't have been better. Didn't really miss you. She had missed them terribly in the first year and part of the second, but she had made so many amazing friends. They loved her and she loved them. They helped her forget her past anguish over not having Creta there with her. Not being able to be as close to the twin she loved. It had at first been a hard transition, but now that she was older, more aware, she found that for her, things were not so difficult. She still wrote to Creta and her parents, but not as much as she had once done. She was sure that they worried all the time, but with friends like Kate, Sara, Grace, Tara and new found friend Sapphire, she had no need to be worried that she wasn't going to fit in. She loved her friends and would do anything for them. She hadn't seen Grace around for a while now, but that didn't really matter. She figured her bestfriend to have left early in order to beat the "traffic" and get home. Her parents were really strict people, and even though Shiloh had never met them, she somehow knew she would never like them. For years they had kept hidden the fact that Grace had a younger brother. Jeremiah Raven. He seemed like a nice kind of boy, but the minute Grace had found out, she had changed, like really changed. Shiloh wasn't entirely sure what was wrong, but she knew that she had wanted to find out, the minute she got home she was going to send an owl to Grace and demand that her friend tell her everything that was going on. She wasn't going to take no as an answer.

Coming up to the house, having walked from the station, seeing as she didn't live that far away from it, Shiloh frowned slightly. The front door was closed and all the windows were boarded up. It was like noone lived there anymore. She looked up, to double check the street name, just to be on the safe side, and she was, not surprisingly, right. This was indeed her street. She looked at the house number, wondering if she had gotten that wrong. Nope, twelve. Same as she had been living in her whole life. So then why was there no evidence of life? She walked up to the door and looked under the carpet, there was still the spare key. She picked it up and moved towards the door, unlocking it as she went. She wandered into the hallway and dumped her trunk on the floor nearest to the door. She glimpsed around the walls and up the stairs, but she couldn't find her parents anywhere. She was getting extremely worried now. What did this even mean? Did her family hate her that much that they would want to abandon her? Was she that bad of a child? She walked up the stairs into the bedroom she shared with Creta, when she wasn't at school anyway. It was completely stripped of all furniature, though the marks on the wall were still present. If indeed her parents had moved, it was no surprise that the house was still unoccupied. The english market was pretty sluggish at the moment. She knew that from the last letter they had sent her. Over about six months ago. She went back down to the kitchen and found a note pinned to the wall. It looked like it had been there for atleast a week. Possibly more. She tore it down and read over it quickly. Frowning at the handwriting. It was Grace's. 'Dearest Sarah' Shiloh raised an eyebrow at the name. When did she know her by that name? ', I apologise for my absence at Hogwarts New Zealand. But I have dropped out of the school and I am now learning under the tutiledge of myself.' Shiloh snorted slightly. Tutiledge of herself? How does that even work? 'I have moved in with your family. They are a lovely bunch of muggles. In saying this I have bought them a new house, and cat, and car, and plant...' Shiloh rolled her eyes and skipped to the bottom. ...Your mother should arrive for you shortly. Please remain calm. Grace Raven. Shiloh blinked at the note and rolled her eyes again. Yeah that was a really funny trick to play. She walked out the door, grabbing her trunk and sat by the curb. She would just wait for her family to return from this stupid game. Grace finally made a joke, however, it wasn't that funny. Not at all.

It wasn't that long after that Shiloh spotted a limo out of the corner of her eye. However she ignored it. Her family didn't drive a limo. However, she couldn't help but to notice, that not only was it slowing down, but it had its blinkers on. Noway. It was stopping in front of her house. Shiloh stood up and moved away from the curb. The limo pulled up alongside and the back door opened to reveal none other then her now amazingly slim mother. She got out of the limo and Shiloh thought that this couldn't possibly be her mother. She was wearing Designer clothes, actually, honest to Merlin, designer clothes. What on Earth was going on? "Mum? What is going on here?" The young Gryffindor asked. Her mother smiled at her and gestured to the boot. The driver got out of the car and moved to put Shiloh's trunk in the boot. "Sweetie, I thought you read the note. Didn't you find the note we left for you? Oh I told your father to leave the door unlocked... Wasn't the key-" Her mum started, but was soon cut off. "No, no that's not the problem, I read the note... but..." Shiloh's mum looked at her daughter and frowned. "But what sweetheart, what's wrong?" Shiloh didn't know what to say. Her mother was acting as if this was a normal everyday occurance. "Mum, how can you be so calm. You up and left and moved into a new house?! You didn't even tell me! I thought you had abandoned me!" She started getting upset. Her mother shushed her and pulled her into a hug, stroked her hair. "I'm sorry darling, but that friend of yours, Grace, she simply refused to live in a house that was, and I will quote her, 'Smaller than her entire bathroom'. I couldn't stop it." Shiloh thought about it for a moment, then nodded. "Well, that does sound like something she would say..." She still wasn't sure what was going on, but she was just going to have to go along with it for now. The driver returned from placing the trunk in the limo and looked at the cage that was also on the curb. she moved to retrieve it. Shiloh shook her head. "No, she rides in back with me."The driver nodded and returned to the front. Shiloh gestured for her mother to enter first, before picking up her owl and climbing in. Door closed and they drove off.

Shiloh watched all the houses go by as she quietly sat in the back. Just after taking off, her mother had pulled out an Iphone and had called her father. After Shiloh had stared at it for a moment, she had realised it said Iphone 7.5 on it. She had then looked at her mother and mentioned that there was infact no such thing as an Iphone 7.5 and that she must have been ripped off. Her mother had then replied that, there was an Iphone 7.5 but poor people just didn't know about it. Poor people, the term that could so easily have been applied to her family not six weeks ago. Her mother seemed to be alittle overindulged. She was going to have to have a word with Grace when she got her hands on her. How long was she planning on treating her family like this. She couldn't live with them. What was going to happen when the money stopped because Grace was no longer there to access it. She was sure that her family would go crazy, all the bills they would have to play. She sighed and watched the many houses go by, until there were no more houses, and it was just a straight road. They passed a sign that said 'Now leaving London, please return soon' and Shiloh sat up quickly to wind down the window and get a good look at where they were actually going. They can't have moved that fair out can they? Her mother pulled her back in the limo and told her that it was only another fifteen minutes. That meant that the new place was about forty five minutes away. Where the heck were they living? A farm? There was nothing out here but... Shiloh stopped. Oh no. Oh god no. She wouldn't have. She wouldn't have bought her family a mansion would she? Oh geez Merlin. She did. She bought her family a freaking mansion. Was she insane! What was she thinking buying her parents a mansion. How were they going to afford it?

Shiloh growled slightly at the situation Grace had put her in. Never in all her life had she been so angry at anyone like this before. The limo came to a stop and Shiloh looked out at her new "home" if indeed it could actually be called that. The place was huge, and very white, she imagined that Grace will have hired a number of servants to help take care of a place this size. That was another thing her parents were going to fall into. Did Grace have no concept of saving at all? She sighed and stepped out of the car. Smiling awkwardly at her mother as she did so. Her mother started towards the door and gestured for Shiloh to follow. Shiloh started to head back to the limo to retrieve her trunk but her mother shook her head and gestured again for her daughter to join her. Shrugging, Shiloh grabbed her owl and walked with her mother, to the mansion she was supposed now going to live. Atleast until Grace left anyway. She continued on to the house and stared at the huge oak doors, that were about two stories high and wide, they were almost as big as the Hogwarts Entrance doors, she was sure of it. The doors started to open silently as they approached standing at the entrance was her father, holding baby Connor and Creta who was with some red headed girl, wearing ripped jeans, a pink singlet and a bracelet saying Bacon. Shiloh figured her to be a friend of her sisters. However, as she got closer, she could have choked on thin air. The girl wasn't a friend of Creta's it was a friend of hers. It was... "Grace?" Shiloh could not believe her eyes. Grace was... different. She never dyed her hair. She never wore anything other then dresses and white. What on Earth was this? "Grace?! What are you wearing? Are those my jeans?" She ran up to her friend and just stared at her. She really didn't know what to say, or what to do. Why was her friend so drastically different? Why was her hair no longer brownie-blonde like it used to be. This was just too much for her to comprehend. Shiloh dropped to the ground, just outside the doors and brought her hand up to her head, attempting to massage the pain away. It wasn't working. Creta rushed to her sister's side and hugged her joyously. Her mother and father helped her up. "Welcome home sweetie." Shiloh simply rolled her eyes and walked inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back