OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
So far the term had not gone well for linden Cullen. he was lagging behind in his classes. he had fallen out with the captain of the quidditch team and they had lost the match. but there was one good thing that had come this semester. he looked across at Lucas as they entered the great hall and smiled. They both were in rather low key costumes compared to some. neither of them were likely to win prizes tonight, he had put on a pair of swim shorts, and forced his hair into a swimming hat with goggles. it had taken him so long he wondered how girls managed to do it. he had also put a jacket over his top half more to stop the professors complaining than anything else. "Welcome to the Halloween feast your highness" he said his grin audible in his tone. no matter what tonight he would make tonight a good night for them both.

Lucas had been feeling very down about the match. After the high of winning the cup last year, losing in the first game was absolutely crushing. He just knew Connor blamed him for not getting the cup in his final year, even if he was too nice to ever admit it. Lucas was trying to put it out of his mind for tonight, as he wanted to have a fun evening with his boyfriend. He hadn't really dressed up a lot for Halloween over the past few years, but this year he decided to put in at least a bit of an effort. Even if the only effort he had done was put on a crown and call it a day. It was a costume, even if it was a simple one. He smiled as Linden made a joke as they arrived at the Great Hall, reaching over to take his hand. "Thanks, we... really don't match, huh." He said, a bit amused. "I don't mind, I always thought people with couple costumes were trying a bit hard." He admitted.

Linden looked around the hall. The decorations were always very well done and this year was no different. He gave Lucas’ hand a squeeze not sure if it was Lucas or himself he was reassuring. Nothing bad was going to happen tonight it was Their first proper school event as a couple and both of them needing something to go right.
linden chuckled as lucas’ comment. if you had given me a little more notice I could have found a dress and a tiara or a suit and a crown he said. He doubted he would be able to fit into any of willows things but he could have borrowed one of ivy’s play tiaras. He had played princess with her enough times over the break he practically had his own one anyway. As if to illustrate the point a couple passed them. A boy in a suit and a girl in a sparkly dress.one of maybe three of the go to couple costumes. yeah some couples are a little try hard, or not very imaginative. some of the group costumes are pretty fun. In first year my whole family came as characters from Peter Pan. Aunt madlyn was chasing me around with a hook for a hand all night he said smiling at the memory. He had been Peter willow was tinkerbell, chante had been tigerLilly and madlyn had been hook.

Lucas laughed softly as Linden said that he would have found a dress or a suit, with tiara or crown. "No need for the dress or suit, I didn't even put that much effort in." He said, gesturing to his own plain shirt. "The crown would be enough." He told him with a smile. He nodded when Linden spoke about the group costume he had done with his family, thinking back. "I remember that." He said. "That was pretty cool, I suppose that's a perk of having so much family at school." He said a little wistfully. He laughed a bit. "I haven't really been all that into Halloween so far, I never have a cool costume." He said, gesturing to the crown. "Maybe I'll try a bit harder next year." He mused.

Linden looked at lucas as he said he didn't put that much effort into a costume. "you could have fooled me. you still look great. not that I am even the slightest bit biased at all" he said. though to be fair he had seen Lucas in less put together outfits than this. and even in that just woken up half asleep phase he always still to look great.
linden had not meant to remind lucas how different their families were. he had forgotten it wasn't normal to have a parent an aunt a sibling and two cousins at the school. it just was what was normal for him. "I miss having them around" he said. he probably missed his aunt the most. he had always enjoyed going down and helping her feed the animals.
as Lucas talked about never being into making a good costume linden thought. "we will have to work on that for next year. imagine Lucas Fletcher winner of the best costume 2056. or you could do a theme with the brotherhood like the professors did last year" he said. seeing the professors as teenagers had been funny.

Lucas laughed a bit self-consciously when Linden said he looked great. He smiled. "Thanks." He said though he knew he really hadn't put a lot of effort into his costume, and it was pretty obvious. He nodded when Linden said he missed having his family around, Lucas hadn't really considered how much had changed since then. "Sorry to bring it up." He said softly. He laughed softly when Linden said they would have to work on it for next year. He started a bit. "I mean, I suppose next year is our final chance..." He mused, a bit alarmed by the thought.

Linden smiled Lucas was adorable when he was flustered and self conscious. Well he was adorable a lot of the time. This was just one of the times he was extra adorable. He shook his head when Lucas apologised about bringing his family up. that is okay. I wa sleep the one who brought them up and I I lucky I had them around at all. he said.
linden didn’t actually have any idea what he would dress as next year but he smiled and nodded. yes it will be our last one. So we had better make it a good one.” he said.

As they had been talking they had been walking through the hall. And they were now passing past where some games were set up. "Do you want to have a go at one of the games ?the apple bobbing looks fun" he said thinking that he would be able to put his goggles and swimming hat to good use. even if their only help would be that he wouldn't get his hair in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back