Closed An Unexpected Surprise

Vader shrugged, though she said it, apart from his crush on Tag, he hadn't had much success in the department of love. So he didn't think that would be true. He shrugged a little. "You probably do, but it doesn't have to mean anything for you both," he said. He knew that Noelle would likely be around more because of it, but Vader didn't mind that at all. If it was what he wanted, what Ava wanted then he'd support her. "Do you like him?" he asked, Vader was never sure where she stood with Noelle.

Ava hesitated at his question, and sighed softly. "Yes," She replied gently, staring at her hands and playing with her fingers. "I have for a long while. I just..." She shook her head. "You know I have trust issues..." She bit her lip. "He's Phillip's cousin... and I still struggle to trust my dad, much less a man that isn't you." She sighed. "I think I was starting to trust him some, but then he took that Professor position without telling me anything... and I know it wasn't my place, but I feel like if he was really serious about me, he should have at least told me he was applying..." She looked up from under her lashes. "Is that wrong of me?"

Vader thought it was a good first step that she could admit that she liked this man. He had his reservations, which were not dissimilar to hers. Both with his family and with leaving like that. He knew that work could sometimes be hard to come by, and perhaps it was what he had always wanted, but to not tell Ava. "No," he said. "He should've told you," he agreed that though Noelle didn't her permission, he should've mentioned it. "Maybe when you tell him about the baby, tell him you were disappointed, and if he proposes or anything, you can say that you don't trust that he is serious about you. That he's only serious about the baby," Vader said. It would be good to be serious about both her and the baby, but he didn't want Ava getting her heartbroken, because he only cared about the baby.

Ava let herself relax as he spoke, relieved that he agreed with her. "Well, I'm also going to tell him that you're going to be involved," She told him. "Just as much as you are with the twins. You and I, we're a team, always, and I don't care what he thinks, you're the godfather of this baby just like you are with the twins." She smiled gently at him. "That was part of the problem with Phillip, he refused to spend time with me but then got jealous of you. No man is ever going to come between us, ever," She nodded, offering out her hand for her best friend.

Vader listened to her, and though it was sweet, he had never questioned it until she said it. He would rather she did spend less time with him, if it meant she spent more time with the dad. But he knew that wasn't for him to decide or say anything. She was allowed to make those decisions, should make those decisions. He took her hand and gave a little smile. "Well, just wait until another man comes into my life," he teased lightly.

Ava couldn't help but smile impishly at Vader. "Mmm... I have to wait, huh?" She teased him gently. "So you're going to tell me you aren't currently thinking about a particular cutie-pie?" She nudged him arm, giving him a playful wink. "I don't know, Vader, I'd say your chances there are pretty good," She smiled, thinking of all the times she'd caught them glancing at each other when the other wasn't looking.

Vader blushed a deep red, he had tried to be subtle about whom he liked. He hadn't wanted to make any moves in case he was interested but the guy wasn't. He just didn't want to put himself out there to get heart broken again. But Ava seemed to think he had pretty good chances. "Well, we'll see," he replied with a shy expression, not wanting to talk more about it in case he jinxed it or something.

Ava giggled softly, not wanting to push him too much. She shifted out of her chair. "Are you ready to go?" She asked him, offering out her hands. "It's been too long since we've cuddled, huh?" She mused, thinking that was exactly what she needed, just some personal time with Vader to relax and probably take a long nap.

Vader finished up the last of the tidying and then nodded. "Yeah," he said. "Off to bed," he said with a smile, heading towards her bedroom to be able to give her a little comfort, thinking a little about how things were going to change now. He knew it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back