Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Ava hadn't really planned for this to happen. But it had, and she would own up to it now like she had the last time. She kept herself busy after returning from her doctors appointment, cleaning up the apartment. The twins were with her parents for the weekend, and that was probably for the best. She wasn't sure how Vader would react to what she had to tell him, but she was going to tell him everything all the same.

He was due home soon, so she'd taken the time to make one of his favorite meals. She'd just finished cooking and setting the table when she heard the front door open. "I'm in here, Timmy," She called to him, smiling softly and taking a breath to still the pounding of her heart. This was Vader. He loved her no matter what, and he'd support her. No matter how silly she felt.

Vader was feeling for once more at ease with the world. Adult life settled down pretty easily, and he had a lot of work, and his sleep could sometimes be a little spotty but he was also pretty happy. There was still no word from Padme, but he'd been assured she was fine. Leia had graduated and was doing well, there was Dart who he definitely was crushing on and the twins, who were growing up much faster than he'd thought. He'd just finished up taking some graduation pictures, it was an easy job but he likely intermixing simple jobs with more complicated ones. It meant he always had a steady flow. The man walked into the home he shared with Ava and heard her call out to him. he took the time to take off his jacket and shoes before he made his way to the kitchen. "Did you make what I think you made?" he could smell it, his favourite dish, and he was a little curious as to why - if had just been random or if there was something more.

Ava giggled, setting the food on the table with some drinks before settling in herself. "Yep!" She winked playfully, picking up her fork and smiling impishly. "Now come on, eat your dinner and tell me all about your day," She insisted, thinking that she would wait a little bit before telling him her news, hoping it might soften him up a bit. Or make him less judgey. Though she wasn't sure if either of those were actually a concern or if she was just embarrassed.

Vader made his way to the table. He was looking forward to eating his favourite meal but could admit he was a little unsure as to why she had gone out of her way to make it. The man sat down and took his fork, he stabbed at some food before glancing back up. "It was fine, it's graduation season, so it's pretty busy but it's manageable," he told her, since it was. "Graduation season also makes good money, so I'm not complaining," he didn't mention Dart because he wasn't wanting to jinx anything or build himself up if nothing would happen with it.

Ava started in on her meal, nodding and eating her food quietly as he spoke. "Oh, graduations are so fun," She cooed, smiling. "Do you remember ours?" She asked him, smiling brightly. "It feels like so long ago," She mused. "Can you believe we're only 22? You have your successful business, I've got three jobs, and we're managing the twins well enough," She sipped on her drink.

Vader did remember graduation, he had spoken at it..well he'd taken a picture. But he did remember it and it had been nice. It felt like just the day before and yet some time had passed. He was in his mid-twenties and soon he'd have been out of school longer than he'd been in it. He always though Ava had too many jobs but the rest was true. "Yeah, we're doing a good job," the twins were turning out pretty good so far, and that was all anyone could ask.

Ava took another sip of her drink, chewing on her lip a moment. "So... Vader, something happened," She told him, fidgeting with her food a bit. "You... know Noelle Maxwell has been hanging around a lot, right?" She asked, not recalling in that moment if she'd told Vader about Noelle's recurring presence and his stubborn loyalty to her despite her own stubborn insistence that she didn't need him.

Vader frowned a little at her words, only made worse as she mentioned Noelle. "Did he hurt you?" he asked since if he had, Vader would go there now to put the man in his place. She wasn't and didn't seem hurt, but he had been busy, perhaps it was just something he hadn't noticed. Though Vader would hate himself if he hadn't noticed Ava being hurt.She was his best friend, and she had kids, it wouldn't be right if some boy had hurt her, or even just broken her heart.

Ava blinked, smiling softly and shaking her head. "Oh, no, he didn't." She bit her lip. "I thought he would. So I've been... avoiding him, a lot. I've known for a while that he has feelings for me. I tried to ignore him, especially since he's Phillip's cousin." She sighed. "But he's sweet, and stubborn enough to match my own stubbornness. He doesn't violate any of my boundaries, he's very respectful," She clarified quickly, remembering a conversation with Alice.

She took a deep breath. "The thing is... Timmy, I like him, too. I've tried to pretend I don't. You know I've been adamant on not dating or wanting to love anyone." She looked down. "But a month or so ago... he stopped by the Hogs Head before my shift ended, we were talking, we had a few drinks..." She peeked up at him. "And now, um... now I'm pregnant again." She spoke softly, looking very much like a little girl waiting to be scolded.

Vader was at least glad that she hadn't been harmed, that she was fine, but listened as she spoke. He was glad that he was kind to her, didn't violate boundaries but then crux of it. She was pregnant again. He frowned seemingly for a moment thinking about it before just smiling at her. Sure this would mean more kids about, but they could do it? If he was even involved in the child's life. If Noelle was around he might not be as needed. "This isn't a bad thing??" he said phrasing it as a question. "Obviously maybe not ideal but it's not a bad thing," he told her with a little smile. Had she been worried about telling him about his reaction. It was not for him to have a say or be angry, Ava was free to be how she wanted to be.

Ava relaxed. "Oh, good, you aren't mad at me." She smiled, reaching over for his hand. "Do you think we have enough room here?" She asked him. "Maybe it's time we thought about buying a house, us and the kids," She mused. "Or... we could find a nice plot of land for a little less, build a couple of houses?" She asked him, looking to him. "I understand if you don't want to live with me and my little army forever, but can we stay close to each other? Neighbors, at least?" She asked him, smiling softly. "It's a little sudden... but I could ask Onyx, he could help us get set up right away and we can just pay him back?" She offered, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Vader hadn't considered that the place they had currently was too small, though, with Nico and Aurora at about 3 and another child on the way. He didn't know what they should do. Living together would continue what they were doing, but he was nervous about encroaching upon territory that would become Ava and Noelle. ”We could get neighbouring houses,” he said, ”Where we still share a garden, but the house splits into two?” he said. It would allow them both areas for themselves, but keeping it largely communal. It would be rather sudden, but he was making consistent money, he was sure he'd manage it okay.

Ava could hear the worry he tried to hide, and she reached over, taking his hand. "Vader, you know that the twins adore you. I don't care what Noelle thinks. I'm your girl." She smiled. "Aurora won't sleep without you. You are my other half, my platonic soul mate. There is no me without you." She gave him a gentle smile. "Noelle will be around a bit more now, sure, but you're crazy if you think that you're not the most important man in my life, ever." She moved over, pulling him into a hug. "That house sounds wonderful, we can still have sleepovers and have a great big living room and you're crazy if you think we won't still have dinner with you every night."

Vader believed what she said, believed it in so far as he was sure that she at this point meant it. But he also was sure that things could change, especially with another child on the way with a clear parent. He just…he knew that he would miss the kids if he wasn't around them, but knew it was likely right to have a little separation. Especially as Ava's family grew. ”Exactly,” he responded to her agreeing with him, letting all the things in his head linger and opting to not engage with it for now. ”I'd expect no less,” Vader replied, smiling softly. ”Why were you so worried about telling me?” he asked.

Ava settled into his lap, smiling softly at him. "Because, silly, getting drunk and getting pregnant isn't exactly the best repeat experience to have," She teased him, playing with his hair. "I was worried you would be disappointed with my poor judgement." She told him, leaning her head against his shoulder. "I've been thinking about names... I'm still on the fence with a boy name, maybe Berry, but I really like Plum for a girl. What do you think?"

Vader shook his head, "Come on, I wouldn't judge you for that, or anything," he told her, and he certainly knew that her choices were her own, and not for him to judge her for. He was just there to support and be a good friend, and that, that he could do. That he would always do. He smiled as she thought of names, and he wondered if this child would take his last name or Noelle's, or even hers. The twins had his name, but there was no guarantee this new child would. "Both sound nice," he assured her.

Ava giggled softly. "You don't think they're a bit silly?" She asked, pulling her chair closer to his and settling in with her head on his shoulder. "I love you, Vader." She murmured, lacing her hand through his. "Always." She sighed, before yawning. "You know you're the most important person in my life, don't you? In close competition with the twins," She joked, snuggling against him. "Don't ever leave me." She added softly, hiding her face in his neck.

Vader just smiled at her, ”If you like them, then they aren't silly,” The man told her softly. He knew that if she felt they were important or nice, then who was he to disagree. He gave a little nod and smiled in agreement. ”Love you too,” he said. ”I think you maybe need to get to bed, you know how the twins exhausted you,” he told her, he didn't want her to push herself, and she seemed tired, so it felt only right to encourage her to bed.

Ava raised a brow. "Right, and I'm sure someone said the same thing to your parents," She reminded him gently. "They thought Star Wars names were a great idea." She stretched, letting him talk her into getting up. "Fine, I'll lay down, but only if you're coming to," She told him, reaching to tug gently on his arm. "Come on, even if you don't sleep a bit of rest is always good for you."

Vader knew she was right about his own name, but he gave a little shrug. ”Yeah, but their mistake was naming me after the villain and then putting me in with muggle kids,” he said in reply. He was sure magical kids wouldn't find names silly when a lot of them had slightly more odd names. ”They're good names,” he assured her. ”I can join you, let me clean up in here, and make some soothing tea and I'll join you?” he told her. He knew that he could benefit from more sleep, but knew that he'd have to do a few things to ensure that he did actually sleep, and he could at least rest, maybe read the book he'd bought recently.

Ava smiled softly. "Well, tiny bright side, but 'Vader' means father in Dutch," She told him, kissing his cheek. "Naming you after the villain of a popular movie wasn't a good idea, but I do worry about the fruit names. Even if I think Plum is the cutest name ever," She giggled, leaning down to put her head against his shoulder and shutting her eyes a moment. "Why don't you let me help you clean up?" She offered, straightening and moving towards the kitchen. "Maybe we can find a new book to read for Plum. Or we could just get started on 'Alice in Wonderland' again."

Vader gave a little chuckle but looked at the ground. ”being called father is also not good,” the man said, but he gave a little. ”Plum is a good name for a little girl,” he said. He shook his head. ”No, let me, you've been stressing, you should lay down,” he told her. Since she was with child, it made more sense for her to rest and for him to be the one to clean up, and it woudn't be too bad. It wouldn't be difficult. ”Alice and Wonderland is a good book,” he agreed, thinking that it was a good book to read. ”Maybe she'd like the Nutcracker,”

Ava giggled, straightening and doing some stretches. "Well, hey, maybe not as kids. But I'm pretty sure you're doing a great job now," She offered with a small smile. She didn't care what he said, he couldn't convince her that for all intents and purposes he wasn't the twins father. "I'll make you a deal. I'll sit here and keep you company then go back when you do," She offered, taking her seat again. Her eyes lit up when he suggested the Nutcracker. "Oh, that's such a good idea!" She giggled softly, before thinking. "Timmy, should we find a book with a character named Nico?" She asked, considering. Did she even know any books like that? Maybe she should ask Emily.

Vader smiled softly, he knew he wasn't the biological father to the kids, but he did love them and care for them like they were his own, so it was nice to hear Ava thought he was doing a good job. There was many a night when he'd be up all of the night worried about if he was doing right. "So long as you stay seated Ava, I'll be happy with it," he told her. He got up and began tidying things away, half by hand and half by magic. "There must be plenty of books with a character named Nico, though he couldn't name one in that moment. Perhaps they just hadn't read it yet.

Ava giggled and nodded, letting him go about things and just relaxing in her chair. "Some days, Vader, I just think that you'd be the best husband," She sighed. "I suppose I need to tell Noelle about the pregnancy," She sighed, propping her chin in her hand. "I bet he's going to try and propose or something." She chuckled. "Can I throw him out the window?" She asked, only half teasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back