An Irish Ceili

OOCOut of Character:
I feel like pointing out that Gil is an idiot (in case you didn't realise this) and none of his opinions are my own. Besides, he's too young to have learnt the truth about British imperialism. If he knew, he wouldn't be calling it awesome. :correct:

“Who doesn't love chocolate?” Gil agreed, laughing. Well, at least his present was appreciated. He still had the feeling that a book would've been better. Gil frowned, mouth half open in a forgotten reply. Famine, invasions? His mind flicked back to his history lessons, what little he recalled of them. Divorce, beheaded, di...Wait, that was Henry 8th. Gil couldn't remember anything about Ireland. “Yeah, but all countries get invaded at some point” Gil pointed out after a small pause, attempting to lighten the conversation with a joke, “Don't get all snappy just because we invaded you.” Gil stuck out his tongue before adding with a small grin, “If you irish are really that awesome, you'd have kicked us straight out. We were so awesome, we had an entire empire! Just like the Romans! And the Romans were kickass!”

His face brightened as he remembered one rare, treasured history lesson. A very rare thing indeed.“I got to dress as one when we did it in history” recalled Gil cheerfully, “ I got a shield and a spear and we re-enacted the tortoise manoeuvre. Best history lesson ever!” Gil threw the ball he'd been given onto the ground, knocking it back and forth between his feet before kicking it lightly over to Kate. “ Leprechauns do exist” Gil retorted stubbornly shoving his hands in his pockets, “I actually read a book about magic creatures and they were mentioned in there. They're also the Irish mascots for Quidditch.” He stopped, feeling a sense of pride that he'd actually known that. Apparently he could absorb information if he tried. “I was looking up dragons” explained Gil matter-of-factly“I thought there was one in hogwarts.”

Gil's eyes lit up as Sarah summarised the legend. Okay, not entirely boring then. “War and battle? And tu...tua...Ah, whatever. Is there a hero in it?” exclaimed Gil, grinning enthusiastically, “ 'Cause heroes are awesome. Even irish ones.” He stuck out his tongue, adding proudly, “By the way, the most awesome hero ever, King Arthur, was English. So there!” Gil frowned as Kate gave Jake the referee job, glancing over at him. He didn't recognise the boy, so he couldn't be Gryffindor. So quiet...maybe Hufflepuff? Figures that a Hufflepuff would want to be the referee. Still, didn't he want to join in at all? Standing on the sidelines was no fun at all. “Don't cheat and let Kate win just because you're her friend!” Gil called over with a grin, glancing between them, “Isn't it boring to ref? Why don't you come play with us? If you're scared of getting injured, there's the hospital wing. They can heal bones really quickly.” ^_^

The eleven year old Gryffindor ran down the stairs of the castle, Grace was a lady and was not one for sports, but being late overran all lady-ness, Grace was never late to anything especially not two birthdays that were to be celebrated with two of her friends! Yet here she was, running through the school, her nice curled hair being blown behind her, her dress being held up slightly by Grace’s hands, stopping her from tripping over, Grace was in such a rush to get down to her friends birthdays that she did not put her Violin away, it was sitting out in the open on her bed, that was something Grace never did, that Violin was very important to her but it took a backseat this time.

Grace ran past the students in the corridors, slid down the stair rails something that was not what a lady does, she pushed open the doors instead of opening them slowly and with care, all to try and not be late for her friends birthdays, Grace nearly cursed when she thought that she forgot Sara and Kate’s presents, but soon found them in her dress were she put them, they were wrapped in the white swan and dove paper that she used for Tara’s present. Grace looked at the two books that she got for Sara, a while ago she met Sara and she had the book ‘Inkheart’ so Grace thought it would be good to buy her the other two books, ‘Inkspell’ and ‘Inkdeath’, but Kate was slightly harder, then Grace remembered how Kate played a flute so Grace got her several sheets of music that she thought Kate would be able to perfect, Sonata by Lowell Liebermann, Sonata in D major by Prokofiev, Undine Sonata by Reinicke, Concerto by Ibert and Incantation by Andre Jolivet, most were for accompanying instruments but they could be played solo as well. Grace put the sheets in a plain white box, Grace also got Kate glitter and stickers and other decretive things so she could decorate the box to her liking if she wished.

Grace ran out of the castle and saw a group of students, she could see Sara and Kate clearly as she was looking for them, but she could also see other students that she did not know but she could also see Vayne and Stefan so she knew some of the students there at least. Grace saw how the place was decorated, it was done very well and Grace was rather impressed that they worked so hard to make this possible, just like proper hosts should. Grace walked past the many people that were there and went straight to Sara and Kate to give them their presents first since she was horribly late. Grace noticed that they seemed to be planning something, a game of some sort. Grace also knew that most games needed to be even so if need be she would sit out, Grace was not for sport and she was late after all. Grace fixed her Gryffindor necklace that she got, since she did not wear the red and gold people had no idea what house she was in because she often wore white dresses or something similar.

Grace was confused when she reached Sara, she seemed to be in a small argument with a boy. The boy was saying something about the Roman society being kickass, Grace assumed that this a compliment but she could not be sure, she had never heard the term before so she asked. “Excuse me, but what does ‘Kickass’ mean?” She asked in a polite tone, then she remembered why she came here. “Oh Sara I got you two books from the series ‘Inkheart’ I hope you do not have the last two.” She explained giving her the two well wrapped books. “And Kate I have found you some sheets of music for your flute.” She explained. “And a box to put them in and decorations for it.” She added giving Kate the well wrapped gifts.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the overly big post and if I missed anything, I haven’t been on for awhile and had to catch up on everything :correct: and my posts may be few and far between also :shy:

Tara was running late.she didnt normaly run late she had left the tower a fiew minutes latr that she had hoped an made her way down to the the club rooms. she had to leave the presents in the heta omega club room as she had to make them and being in the same house as kate made it hard to do it in her house. she she had spent most of the eventings the last week making two matching gifts. however hust as she had reached the frount doors she realised that she had left the cards in the dorm. she hurried up the steps to pick them up but as she was in a sari (green today) she couldnt run fast or it would come undone. finaly she made her way onto the lawn.
by the time she reached the lake front she saw that the others were already selecting teams for a game. she walked over to the twins and gave them each a present wrapped in the colour they had chosen for the paint fight a fiew weeks ago. "Hello, sorry i'm late. happy birthday, I hope you like them. i will show you how to put them on later if you wish." she smiled at them hoping that they wouldn't mind that she wouldn't be able to play but she wasn't really dressed for sport.

saras gift here
kates gift here

Kate decided not to comment on Gils veiws of the Irish she was secretly fuming inside and had a lot of things to say but she kept quiet and decided to get back at him at football.She smiled when she saw Jake take his post beside the one of the goals she would need someone for the other side but if they couldn't get one it wouldn't really matter. She was starting to get annoyed with Gil but for her sisters sake she would keep quiet and maybe just maybe once she got to know him she might possibly like him.Jake can decide to do whatever he wants and he will be playing the next game anyway"She said smiling and trying not to hide her annoyed feelings. She turned to Sara to talk about the teams "Why don't we be the captins and you go first as you are the oldest"She said to Sara looking around to pick her team.

She turned and saw Grace running towards them.She smiled when she arrived she looked very flushed and Kate looked in wonder at her dress it was very pretty. "Wow thank you Grace they look great"Kate said happily and hugging Grace she began reading the music and she was delighted to have some music to play over the winter break she laid it over by her other presents and came back to her guests she then saw Tara coming towards them she was holding to packages in her hands "Hey Tara"She said smiling and hugging her she opened her present and gasped when she saw what was there "Wow its beautiful Tara"Kate said hugging her again.She laid the sari over by her other presents.This year had been the best for presents she loved every single one of them and couldn't wait to try them out. She looked at her friends trying to decide how to make the teams even Grace and Tara weren't dressed properly so she thought of jobs for them. "Okay Grace your job is to put either a green flag up for a goal and Tara your job is to put up a white flag for a point"She said indicating the two flags she gave one to each of them and told them to go over to either side of the goal opposite to Jake. "Okay Sara take your pick"She said happily

Sara was mad with Gil. She discreetly whispered in his ear "You're pushing it Gil!" she said, KAte would be mad and she knew it. She had to try and fix this. she quickly moved onto a new topic "Okay so, picking the teams um.. I pick... Red!" she grinned, Kayden was her one of her best friends, she already knew the tyeam she wanted, partially, but there were only guys to choose from, so she wanted Vayne, Kayden or gil on her team, they were her closest friends, but Kate would probably choose Vayne as she suspected that Kate didn't like Gil-so Sara would choose him.

"You read a book?" Sara asked sarcastically and said "Actually Arthjur was obsessed with the grail, slept with his own sister and abandoned his wife for five years." Sara said, her head tilted to one side. "And yes-there's a hero." she added, smiling.

Then Grace appeared "Hey Grace!" Sara exclaimed, hugging her. "I'm working on the whole danger to society thing." she added, winking. Then when she saw the present she was delighted "Thank you-I love this series-thank you, thank you!" she exclaimed, hugging Grace again, lightly so that she wouldn't wreck her clothes.

She went over to the pitch and said "Come on, lets get started." she replied, then Tara came up, with a beautiful sari. "I love it Tara!" she grinned, hugging her-it was absolutely amazing.
She walked back over to the group and said "Come on guys, lets get started." she smiled, then grabbed Gil by the arm "The kid is younger than us Gil-leave it alone." she whispered, she got the feeling she might be acting as referee between Gil and Kate for the night.

Kayden stood to the side queitly as the others talk it through, he honestly didn't pay any attention till Sara picked him for her team. Turning to her he shook his head. "I'm not sure that's a good idea, I don't really do sports well," he said thinking about the games they would play back on the reservation and how whatever team got him was most likely going to fail.

OOCOut of Character:
I thought I'd wait for Jake to reply, but as it's been five days, I'll post now.

“Oh, he will?” Gil repeated, grinning, “Awesome! It'll be great getting to play with everyone. Plus I don't know who the Slytherins are, so I won't be breaking the rules by being on the same team as them.” Somehow, he had a very slight feeling that he'd stepped on some feet or that he'd overstepped a mark, though he couldn't think how. They'd just been jokingly insulting each other, that was all. Friends did it all the time. At least his friends did it all the time. “Pushing what?” said Gil with a frown, not bothering to lower his voice, “We're just messing around. It's not like either of us mean it, right? Like I said, Irish have LEPRECHAUNS. What's not to like? Even if the gold does disappear. I mean, English have unicorns and pixies and stuff but it's not the same. And Wales and Scotland beat both of us hands down. They have dragons! How cool is that?” He made a face, kicking the ball back and forth before his face brightened and he added with a grin. “New Zealand has dragons too!They're called Antipodean Opaleyes! I wish I could find one. They live in valleys though, so it's not likely...”Gil trailed off, feeling a bit embarrassed. He was starting to sound like a Ravenclaw, spouting out all these facts and nuggets of information he'd gleaned from the book.

He perked up as Sara chose a team colour. Red? Nice choice! Well, he definitely had to be on her team now. Gil had to play under Gryffindor colours. To do otherwise would be to break the Gryffindor code! Or at least the code he'd thought up in his head. “So what if Arthur did that stuff, he was still a totally awesome hero. All heroes have flaws. And yeah, I know, I read a book” Gil admitted in embarrassment, hanging his head before adding brightly, “I had to do this research for a project and there was a whole section devoted to dragons. An entire section! Isn't that cool! I mean, real dragons! I had to read about it. Wizards don't have internet, so it's the only way I can find out stuff about them.” Gil grinned enthusiastically as he spoke, making big hand gestures to emphasise his words.“And then I found loads of these other books on other magical beasts and stuff. Like, did you know there are centaurs in the forest? Real centaurs! You've got to admit that's cool.” He glanced around at the others as if appealing for someone else to agree. It was a bit embarrassing that he'd actually been caught borrowing stuff from the library, but still, they were dragons. What could you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back