An Extra Candle

Hoshi had squeezed Knight back because she knew that he was trying to hurt her on purpose. Hoshi looked back at the rest of the group. She should talk with Taylor so she would know what was going on but for now she just enjoyed the music that Sam had put on. She looked at Jenna and shook her head leaning over. "Toni-chan has a thing for Sam-kun and the other way around. Seeing beat around the bush is so funny all we have to do is sit here and watch." She whispered so only she could hear.

Hoshi was sure that she realized that Taylor and Knight where together. They really where a diabetic's worst nightmare with the amount of sweetness that followed them around but that was just her opinion. Hoshi wondered that if her one and only chance at true love had not fallen towards a curten cold hearted boy if she would have had a relationship that was that sweet. Probably not. After all I'm only happy when it rains. She though meaning that she was only happy when things where going wrong.

Hoshi and Jenna together again. Oh god Toni thought looking over at Hoshi for a moment. Through this first semester Toni was able to remain decent towards Hoshi as Hoshi remained the same way to Toni. Even though anyone that wasn't completely out of the loop knew the two disliked each other possibly even hated each other. Yet now that Jenna was back, Toni wasn't sure how Hoshi would react towards Toni. Truthfully, Toni wasn't sure how Jenna was going to act towards her if the two ever happened upon each other alone. Now however wasn't the time to think about all that.

At least there was music now. As a song played that Sam picked, Toni flashed him a smile a little careful as to how she acted around him today. What would happen if people figured out she was once more falling for him? What if she acted like a complete dork like had happened in the past? It's not going to happen She tried to convince herself as she looked around the group once more trying not to keep her gaze on Sam. Her eyes did glance at him for a long enough period of time to see a smile that he directed in her way. A simple smile that was enough to make the butterflies appear once more in her stomach.

Toni saw Hoshi whisper something to Jenna though Toni had no clue what she had said. It didn't matter. Taking another sip out of the glass she had poured herself only moments before she hoped that she had actually gotten Sam a big gift, something so special. Yet Toni couldn't take that back now. Maybe she would drag Sam shopping and have him pick something that he liked. The thought made Toni smile.

Sam laughed and nodded, "Alright, alright. Keep your pants on." He said jokingly to Scorpius and turned to the pile of presents beside him on the table. Sam wasn't so much a present person and almost felt guilty to even open his presents. But it would be rude if he didn't. He picked up the present Scorpius gave him. He wondered what it could be that would be in a box as big as the one he had in his hand. He opened it with interest to find it was a skateboard. Sam's mouth opened slightly. "Scorpius this is great!" Sam always wanted to be able to skate and now that he had his very own skateboard he could practice all of the time. "Thanks mate." He said with a grin over to his best friend.

The next present he was opening was Hoshi's. Once he opened it he didn't know what they were. Strange objects. But he soon realized that these objects could only from The Quibbler. "How cool are these?!" He exclaimed. Sam was never allowed to buy the Quibbler or even glance at the magazine. His parents wouldn't allow it. Now he owned so many of their artifacts. He would have hours of entertainment with those. "Thanks Hoshi! These are brilliant!" He said with a beaming smile.

He then opened up Taylors card and read through it, he smiled up at her. "Thanks Taylor. And you don't have to get me anything." He said to her with a kind smile. "Believe me a card is enough." He appreciated all the gifts he got from his friends but even a simple card was enough. He wasn't expecting any of it.

There was one present left on the table. It was from Toni. Shooting a quick glance at her he went to pick it up. He opened it carefully and saw a cupcake with neat icing reading, "Happy Birthday Sam." It was a very thoughtful gift and it was even more special since it was from Toni. Looking up from the gift he beamed to her. "Its so sweet! Thank you Toni! Did you do all this yourself?" Sam asked her, not that it would matter, but he had to try and act normal with all his friends around. He didn't put the box back, it sat in his hands as he waited for Toni's answer.

Taylor felt Hoshi and Jenna's eyes on her and Scorp and it was clear that they didnt know. Taylor knew Hoshi had had her suspicions sinse the Quidditch game. Taylor secretly hoped that Hoshi wouldnt decide she hated Taylor much like she had hated Luna. But Taylor doubted that would happen.

Taylor then drew her attention to Sam as he opened his presents. Noting Scorpius got him a skateboard and Hoshi got him some strange looking artifacts that Taylor soon realised were from the Quibbler. As Sam read Taylor's card and then once again protested that Taylor wasnt getting him anything she shook her head. "I already know what Im getting you and I plan on sending my parents the owl tonight. So-" She stuck her tongue out at him playfully. Grinning as he moved onto Toni's gift. It was a small cupcake with 'Happy Birthday Sam' written across the top. It was such a cute idea.

Toni watched as Sam began to open his gifts. She always wished that not everyone else was around as he did so. Would they find her small cupcake a dumb idea? It seemed like a cute idea to her until she saw the gifts that everyone else got him. Maybe I should have made him a card She thought looking at the skateboard that Knight gave him and the random objects that Hoshi supplied. Taylor's gift showed that she wanted to make an effort. Even though Toni tried she really didn't know if her gift added up.

Though when Sam began to open hers, Toni wanted to hold her breath. At the reaction though, Toni could only smile. "Well I had the house elves help. I did the icing though" Toni said a small smile on her face. "it's just something small. I mean I'll drag you shopping another time to pick something better out" Toni said knowing that the word drag was needed. There was no way Sam was ever going to go shopping unless Toni literally dragged him there.

Sam smiled as Toni said she did the icing herself. "Its great!" He said looking down at the icing. Never would he be able to write it so neatly. Sam wasn't the greatest at drawing so he doubted his ability at icing a cupcake. Though the next thing she had said made him laugh. "No. To both things. No you don't have to get me anything else. And no you will not be dragging me to any shop. Any shop." He said with a broad grin. Sam looked down at the cupcake in the box and then looked back up at all of his friends, "Thank you all for coming today guys...and your gifts are great! I..I can't believe you all remembered." He said the last bit with a light hearted laugh. Sam could say so much more things but decided not to get soppy, he said enough. He really couldn't begin to imagine having a better group of friends surronding him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back