An Extra Candle

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Today Sam was no longer a child. He was a teenager and he was waiting for this day for so long, it was his thirteenth birthday. Finally Was Sam's first thought as he woke up that morning. He didn't have anything planned and didn't want anything to be planned. Sam wasn't one for celebrating his own birthday and he hoped that his friends wouldn't remember it was today. He put on a casual outfit as he had no classes that day and was so glad for it. He left his dorm and headed down towards the Great Hall for some breakfast.

As Sam walked along the busy corridors and down the stone stairs he actually felt older. Usually when people asked him if he felt any older on his birthday his reply would be 'No', but now he felt older a little more superior aswell. He walked into the Great Hall which was bustling with its usual excitement and laughter and he took a seat on his own at the table. He filled himself a glass of juice and pulled an unwanted Daily Prophet towards himself. He read the first sentence of a couple of articles that caught his attention but got bored after that. So he flicked toward the Sports section where he read about the latest Quidditch news.

Jennifer Wilkonson had left Hogwarts New Zealand in her first year only to go to Salem Wizarding Academy then return back to Hogwarts New Zealand. Her twin brother's, Owen, doctor was back in Canada so he had to continue his first year of education at Salem which was the closest to their hometown of Whistler. She knew that the friends she did have would be infurieted with her when she left without a word, why else would no one have written? She felt awful about it, but that was just how the cookie crumbled, and she had to be there for her sick brother at the time.

Unfortunately, since then Jennifer's parents had a divorce. Leaving the blonde girl with her muggle mother in New Zealand and the bald boy in Canada with his father. The seperation was extremely difficult because their parents hadn't left eachother on pleasant terms and were still beating themselves up for Owen's cancer. The Hufflepuff had done the same last year because she wasn't able to be by her brother's bed side helping him, and when she had returned to her home he had convinced her that it wasn't her fault, or anyones. Owen Wilkonson was so strong, and Jennifer looked up to him more then anything.

The blonde girl's hair was loose and casual, and she was wearing a pair of jean shorts and a loose grey singlet. After going up to the Hufflepuff house from the Entrance Hall and putting down her trunk by a bed, any bed in the Girl's Dorm Room she walked down to the Great Hall. Confused looks were given to her but she did not notice. Jennifer walked down towards the Hufflepuff table, and she spotted someone that looked vaguely similar.

Intrigued, Jennifer walked towards the male. When standing in front of him she asked in a raspy voice, "Hello." She gave the boy a small smile before her eyes widened and she realized that this was her Sammy. No, he isn't your Sammy anymore, she reminded herself. He probably doesn't even want to be your friend anymore, a voice taunted her. The voice was right. She didn't deserve him.

"Hello Sam," Jennifer said after clearing her throat, but not ridding herself of the dry sound in her voice that had grown onto her since leaving Hogwarts. She shut her mouth tightly, and looked around her, just expecting Toni to approach the pair with Beau on her arm.

If you want me to edit let me know and I will.
I wasn't sure if Jenn and Sam were still friends so you can decide Louise ^_^

[Oh no its not a problem. Its a great twist :p ]

Sam flicked over the page fustratedly to see that the Cannons had lost their last game, he sighed heavily. He hated when they lost. He began to glance at the other results when he heard a girls voice in front of him. It couldn't be? He wasn't going to believe. He was imagining things. But it sounded so real! He let his calm blue eyes sweep from the paper to the girl in front of him just to prove to himself that he was imagining things. But he wasn't. She was there. Jenna Wilkonson.

Sam stared at her for a moment. He couldn't move. His expression was blank and his voice was lost. The spikey haired Hufflepuff was in utter shock. He couldn't believe it, his best friend and his ex-girlfriend who left without a proper goodbye was now standing in the Great Hall in front of him. Without his own acknowledgement Sam got up from the bench and made his way around to were she was standing. Still not a smile had crept onto his face, his face was still blank. He stood next to her not really knowing what to do next or what he had planned to do in the first place.

Should he shout at her for leaving and not saying goodbye to either him or any of her friends? Or should he at least welcome back Jenna who had such a rough time in the past months? Still not saying a word Sam took a step closer and then wrapped his arms around her. He hugged her tightly and he didn't let go. He hadn't hugged Jenn goodbye and he would regretted if he hadn't hugged her as she returned.

Jennifer turned back to Sam and watched him walk around the Hufflepuff table towards her. Anxiety filled her, but certainly not as much as it would have been before everything had happened with Owen and her parents. If he yelled at her she deserved it because she was certain that she had caused him pain and confusion by leaving when she did but she had to be there for her brother. Surprise spewed from her when she was enveloped in a hug by her ex boyfriend and best friend.

The Hufflepuff returned the hug with equal effort. Jennifer had missed Sammy so much that it hurt. She rested her chin on his shoulder as she continued to hug him, not wishing to ever let go. "I've missed you," she said, but the underlying meaning was an apology, a big one. However, she didn't feel that she should apologize for going to her family when they needed her most. She was apologizing for leaving without a proper good bye. She sighed and pulled away from the boy that had once meant so much to her.

Jennifer's big blue eyes scanned Sam's face, and smiled. Distance really did make the heart grow fonder, well in this case it did. However, she would not ask for another chance to this Hufflepuff. She didn't want to put herself on the line like that any longer. She wanted to be on her own, she needed to make friends and only friends because she knew that Scorpius and Hoshi would probably never forgive her. She looked at his spikey hair and curiously touched it. A playful giggle escaped her and said, "I like your hair."

I thought so.. *giggle*

Toni was more than excited when she woke up that day. It was Sam's birthday and she had something planned for the early morning. Getting up earlier than Toni had ever gotten up before she began to get ready. Have to look perfect She thought as she pulled on one of her favorite outfits. Though the outfit normally came with a wrap for the neck, Toni placed it into her hair as if it was a headband.

As she finished getting ready she walked down to the kitchens to have the house elves help her prepare a cupcake. Sure it wasn't something huge, but Toni thought it was cute idea. Once finished she decorated it with icings writing a simple 'Happy Birthday Sam' onto the top of the chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing. Placing the cupcake into a small cake box, she placed a bow onto and was done.

"Let's go" she said to herself as she walked towards the great hall expecting Sam to be there already. Yet what she saw when she walked into the great hall knocked the wind right out of Toni. There Sam was with no other than Jenna. I thought she I though Oh god Toni thought standing in the entrance door the smile knocked off her face so fast it wasn't funny. The cupcake box in her hands shaking slightly just lucky it hadn't fallen to the ground yet.

For a moment, Toni wasn't sure what she should do. Should she leave? Run out of the great hall and pretend she hadn't seen a thing? or should she go up and act as if nothing was different? Oh gosh Toni thought again so confused. With everything that had been going on between Toni and Sam. With Toni realizing that she did have feelings for Sam, now Jenna had to show up. She would ruin everything. Jenna always did.

Taking a deep breath Toni walked towards the Hufflepuff table forcing a smile onto her face. Don't freak out. Breath Don't Cry. Stay together Toni commanded herself mentally as she walked up to the two Hufflepuffs not able to bring her eyes to Jenna. "Happy Birthday Sam" Toni said placing the cup cake in the box on the table next to them. Not another word was able to come out of Toni's mouth. Instead she sort of just stood there almost as if she was a deer in headlights.

"I've missed you too." He said in a quiet whisper, it really was an understatement about how he felt when she was gone. But he wasn't going to ask questions now. Jenna was back. Questions could wait. He released Jenna from the hug and they both stood there. He didn't take his eyes off her. He couldn't, he was almost afraid that if he did she would disappear. Like this was all some sort of dream. Though as Jenna noticed his hair and began to touch it Sam rolled his eyes playfully. "Thanks..its a small change." He smiled to her still surprised at this day. That morning he wasn't even expecting any of his friends to show never mind Jenna.

He was about to ask Jenna something when he heard a very familiar voice, one that made his heart leap from his chest. Toni, not only her presence made him that bit happier but the fact that she remembered his birthday. He turned to her, "Toni. Hi." He said quickly and noticed the box on the table. "Toni you shouldn't have." He said shaking his head. It dawned on him then. The awkwardness of things. Jenna was there beside him. Toni was there beside him. He was in a bad place. Silence spread through them but this silence was loud, he could barely hear the chatter and laughter from the vast amount of students in the hall who were having a normal day and not one bit aware of what just happened. "So..." Sam said looking from Jenna to Toni, "Thirteen today." He said with a nervous awkward laugh. At that very moment Sam just wanted the ground to open up and swallow him whole.

Jennifer glanced over to a blonde girl as she wished Sam a happy birthday. She looked up at the cieling trying to recall the date and she frowned as she remembered that it was indeed Sammy's birthday. "I forgot. Sorry Sam," she apologized with a beaming smile before her gaze skipped to Toni. "Hi Toni," she waved in a friendly mannor. This Hufflepuff had absolutely no beef with this Slytherin any more. She had grown up a fair amount, and although she wasn't going to ever be her best friend she wasn't going to be rude by any means, even if Toni was to her.

"Thirteen today." Jenni giggled and asked playfully, "Feel any older youngin'?" She was trying to make the best of an uncomfortable situation, and she knew that she probably wasn't doing a great job but what did that matter? She was about to ask what she missed out when she was gone when she looked from Sam to Toni and back again. She closed her mouth firmly and sighed, she could see in both of their eyes what they would not admit to each other. "Where's everyone else?" she asked, but really meaning where was Beau. If Beau was gone then that confirmed her assumption and that was all she needed to know. She would leave Toni and Sam to their private birthday celebrations.

"Hey Sam" Toni said wishing that she had more to say. This whole situation was odd beyond belief. Why was Jenna even back? Didn't she leave forever? Just relax. It's Sam's birthday. Relax She reminded herself as she smiled at Sam trying not to focus on the fact that one of Toni's least favorite person was right next to her. "it's nothing grand Sam" She said motioning to the small box. "Just a little something. you are a teenager now" She continued glancing over at Jenna for a moment.

"Hello" She said simple not knowing what else to say to a girl who had completely left Sam and the rest of the group without a single word. How could Sam forgive Jenna so easily? Did he forgive her? It's not my problem Toni reminded herself as she looked around the great hall almost hoping someone else would come and join the group. Anyone that would make this situation less odd.

When Jenna asked where everyone was, Toni thought she had meant the rest of the group. "Well Taylor and Knight are probably off somewhere" Toni said smiling at the thought. "And Hoshi well I don't have a clue" Toni said waving her hand absentmindedly. Even at this moment Hoshi would be extremely appreciated to make her entrance. Taylor or Knight would be better, but Toni could deal with Hoshi.

Taylor yawned as she rolled out of bed, rubbing her sleepy eyes. She went about her normal procedure of getting ready for the day, throwing on a white top with another purple one over it and black shorts. Reaching for her hairbrush on the bedside table she noticed a card that she had wrote last night for Sam. She checked the time and realised that breakfast was already well under way. Cringing a little she pulled her hair back quickly, grabbed the card and began the journey down the mass amounts of stairs.

Arriving at the Great Hall, Taylor walked in, her eyes flicking to the Hufflepuff Table. She saw Sam straight away and there were two blonde girls standing with him. One of which Taylor recognised as Toni, but... who was that? Taylor approached the group just in time to hear Toni say her and Knight were probably off somewhere. She smirked, "Really?" She said with a raised eyebrow looking at Toni. Her eyes then went to Sam, "Happy Birthday!" She said brightly, handing over her card. "I know its not much, but I promise I'll get you something on the next Brightstone weekend." She said with a bright smile. Her gaze finally flicked to the other girl and she couldnt believe it for a split second. "Jenna?" She said in slight disbelief, she didnt know the girl very well, but she knew the impact she had on the group when she left. It was more than odd to see her again and on that thought, Taylor glanced back to Toni, the disbelief still evident in her eyes.

When Jenna apologized for forgetting his birthday he rolled his eyes. "Jenn don't be ridiculous, you being her..well...I couldn't imagine a better present." He said laughing a little at the way it came out but didn't bother to try and fix it. He knew that Jenna would understand what he meant by it and it was the truth. Having Jenn here, in Hogwarts was indescribable. He got his best friend back. This birthday was already the best birthday yet and it only just begun...

Sam was a little surprised at the friendly manner of Jenna and Toni? Could things work out between them? He doubted it, but at least they seemed to be civil to one another. "Well still Toni..you didn't have to." He said looking over to her. "But thanks." He said a little more quietly. His eyes moved from Toni to Jenna as she spoke. "Well I did...but after you called me..youngin? Was it? I feel like a six year old. So thanks for that." He said in a joking manner towards her. When Toni answered Jennas question Sam was still surprised. He never really heard them speak so civil to each other.

Next surprise of the day was that Taylor arrived and he laughed at her entrance. As she wished him a happy birthday Sam thanked her. "You don't need to get me anything." He said seriously to her but still smiling. He placed the card next to Toni's present on the table beside. Looking at the surprise on Taylor's face as she recognized Jenna. "Yeah if you do that for a couple more minutes. You'll be where I am." He laughed and smiled back to Jenna. He could get used to having her around once more.

"You being her..well...I couldn't imagine a better present." A small laugh escaped Jennifer as she heard Sam say the corniest thing south of ever. "Oh Sammy, you're just as corny as ever," she smiled, giving him a tight hug before pulling away, hoping that the action wouldn't make Toni be a little jealous making everything awkward.

Jenna nodded her head slowly as Toni said where everyone was, well not everyone. I wonder if Hoshi and Scorpius will hate me, she thought with a soft frown. "What about.. um Luna?" she asked, struggling to remember Scorpius' girlfriend's name. Just as she was about to add Beau's name into the mix a girl that Jennifer vaugely recognized walked towards them.

The blonde narrowed her eyes curiously before she smiled and said, "Yes, Taylor." Her words were more of a question to see if she had gotten the blonde's name correctly. Knowing herself she probably had gotten it incorrectly. "Hey I had to get you something for your birthday didn't I?" Jennifer asked playfully as Sam responded to her quyestion about him feeling like he was older or not. Of course she would end up getting him something for his birthday, or rather a very good belated birthday and Christmas present.

"Yeah if you do that for a couple more minutes. You'll be where I am." Jennifer rolled her big, joyful blue eyes at Sam and said, "Oh be quiet you. Couldn't stay away from Hogwarts New Zealand even if I tried." She grinned, not wishing to tell everyone in such an open place why she had returned, and especially not on Sam's birthday. She had basically ruined it last year and she couldn't bare to do it again.

Toni had to keep reminding herself to relax. No matter how much she would love to tell Jenna that she wasn't wanted here at Hogwarts or even that this school was so much better without the false blonde. This Slytherin knew better than to say either of those things. It would just make things worse than they already were. After all Toni didn't want to get on Sam's bad side. In her mind, she knew Sam would choose Jenna over Toni any day and that thought killed this twelve year old more than could be explained.

Though when Sam told Jenna that she was the best present, Toni's stomach dropped. Why does she have to ruin everything she thought sadly yet the hint of anger that Toni would always hold towards Jenna was present as her own brown eyes could only focus on Sam and not on that girl.

The hug between Sam and Jenna was almost as painful as Sam's previous words. Breath just breath She thought to herself over and over closing her eyes for a moment. "Let's just say Luna's not in the picture anymore" Toni said simply opening her eyes as she calmed herself down. Jenna wasn't going to make Toni seem like the bad person that she always seemed to do. If anything Toni was ready to switch the tables around and show how imperfect Jenna really was.

Luckily, Toni heard the voice of Taylor. Unknowingly she let out a sigh of relief as she looked over at the Gryffindor girl. "Hey Taylor." She said simply holding back the urge to express how truly glad she was that Taylor showed up.

Hoshi had come out in her semi-gothy best which included tight a black skirt that went down to the tops of her black, flame painted boots. Her flaming red hair was haning over her shoulders as always almost covering the colorful text on her shirt which said. "Houses are only another way of telling us who we are." which she had made in honer of Sam and Knight along with all the friends from other houses she had made.

Hoshi had a wrapped present under her arm for Sam. He hadn't forgotten a single one of her birthdays so she was certenly not forgetting his. Hoshi had gotten Sam sevral Quibbiler artifacts, including something that was said to be able to tack down Crumple Horn Snorkaks. Hoshi didn't think that any of it really worked but she though it would be fun to laugh at the odd looking objects.

Hoshi got the Hufflepuff Table where she could see the normal people like Toni and Taylor but there was one person there that she couldn't believe was there. Hoshi would have rubbed her eyes where it not for all the dark make-up that she had put on making her look a bit like a vampire for the day. "Jenna-chan?" She asked softly as she walked a little closer then started to charge her.

"Jenna-chan!" She yelled as she attempted to knock the girl down while wraping her arms around her middle. She couldn't believe that her best Hufflepuff friend and first girl-type friend was back in Hogwarts. It was took good for words and she was sure that everyone who knew her would feel the same. Exsept Toni. Toni hated Jenna as much as she hated Hoshi. Hoshi knew this but didn't care much about it. Hoshi had gotten herself better enemies.

While she was still standing on the outskirts of the conversation Taylor heard the mention of Luna, she shifted uneasily feeling that pang of uncontrollable jealousy. The topic of Luna would be a touchy one. She said nothing though, listening instead as Toni mentioned that she wasnt around anymore. She kept her face blank until the greetings ensued.

"You know I do Sam." She grinned, preparing to ignore any furthure protests the boy had. She nodded once at Jenna, who seemed to ask as a slight question as to whether she was Taylor. Many questions sprouted in Taylor's mind. Would things change now that Jenna was back? Obviously they would, but would it be for the better. After the gossip magazine and seeing the slightly curious behaviour of Sam and Toni at the reunion and Scorp's birthday, maybe they had actually planned to get back together? Would Jenna change this? Maybe Taylor was just crazy. Pushing all thoughts aside, she grinned at Toni, sensing the potential awkwardness the conversation between the three of them had and knowing Toni was probably greatful for Taylor's arrival.

Taylor suddenly heard what could only be Hoshi shout Jenna chan and before she could turn around to smile at her, she was charging at Jenna and slamming her into a forceful hug. Taylor chuckled, feeling happy for Hoshi. She had her best friend back after all.

Scorpius had known Sam's birthday was coming up, he always knew Sam's was right after his, so on the day of his birthday, Scorpius got dressed in a white shirt and black jeans as he headed out the Ravenclaw tower and down towards the Great Hall in hopes that his friend would be there hopefully celebrating with the rest of the group. In the Ravenclaw's hands was a large box containing a skateboard for Sam. Taylor had gotten one for him on his birthday and now he hoped that the pair of best friends could go skating together for a change, rather than flying.

Upon entering the Great Hall he spotted his friends from a distance right away, grinning as he saw them all together and didn't seem to notice the extra blonde head in the crowd from afar. As he got closer he grinned his now crooked scarred smile and began his usual apology, "Sorry I'm la--" he began before he cut himself off in midsentence as his brows furrowed together wondering if he was hallucinating or something. It couldn't be... Scorpius thought to himself before Hoshi's screams of 'Jenna-chan!' confirmed it for him. Jenn, here at Hogwarts? What?! He remembered talking about her with Sam on the cliffs at the beginning of the year, wondering if she would ever return, let alone simply reply to Sam's letters. Scorpius stood there with Sam's gift in hand, completely stunned at Jenna's presence. She had been one of his best friends last year though a small part of him remembered how they had flirted once and he'd even led her on while he was with Luna. Now a year had passed and everything was so different.

Scorpius' mouth was hanging open in shock though he quickly closed it when he realized it and shook his head softly. "Um this is for you, happy birthday mate," he said to Sam in his Irish accent. "Hi Toni, Hoshi, and Taylor," he greeted the girls each with a small smile before his eyes rested upon Jenn, stlil almost in shock as if he couldn't believe she was here. I wonder how Sam's feeling now Scorpius thought apologetically. "Hey Jenn," he said to her slowly with a small smile on his face.

Just as Jennifer was about to respond to Toni's words about Luna not being with Scorpius any longer, she heard a nick name that could only have come from her best friend, Hoshi. "Hoshi!" she yelled in return, laughing joyfully, ignoring the shooting pain that was going up and down her spine from pure elation at seeing her best friend again.

"I've missed you like crazy!" the Hufflepuff laughed as a beaming smile crossed her lips. The students at Salem could never measure up to how much she loved her best friends, Hoshi, Scorpius and Sam. Between laughs she heard a familiar voice. She stood up slowly and let go of Hoshi to hug Scorpius. "I'm sorry," Jenn whispered, only so Scorpius could hear, and she was. She was sorry that she had left without much word and sorry for being so mad at him through most of their friendship.

As Jenna hugged him he laughed slightly and returned the quick hug. Sam was ready to answer Jenna about Luna when Toni did. She really summed it up in just a couple words. "You have a lot of catching up to do." He said to Jenna. He couldn't wait to be able to sit with her in the common room once more. That was one of the worst things not having a friend in the same house, it mean't that there was no late night chats. But now that Jenna was back he could do that once more.

When Sam heard a familiar voice call down the great hall and tackle Jenna in a quick movement Sam knew it was Hoshi. He laughed at her, the pair of them were so close. He was happy for Hoshi, he seemed to be seeing less of her now though maybe because Jenna was back she would be around more? Not long after Hoshi, Scorpius joined them. He couldn't believe that all of his friends were here. They all remembered. His own father didn't remember his birthday and the people that he had grown so close to remembered just after a year of being friends. He couldn't be more happy.

"Hey!" He said to Scorpius with a grin looking at the reaction on his face after seeing Jenna was back. Though he didn't know how Scorpius would react, things were always quite rocky between them. "Scorpius you didn't have to get me anything!" He said with an eye roll and put the gift on the table. "Thanks." He said to him before he was enveloped in a hug from Jenna.

Toni was extremely tempted to just leave the great hall. This seemed to be the complete opposite of what Toni expected when she woke up this morning. What was she expecting? Just a birthday celebration with friends. She thought not knowing if that was the exact truth or if it was just part of the truth. Not having time or the energy right now to sort through her own thoughts. She had more important things to worry about.

As Hoshi ran into the great hall giving Jenna a huge hug, Toni could only roll her eyes. How was everyone forgiving her so easily? It only annoyed Toni that much more. Couldn't someone just blow up at Jenna, yell and tell her what really was on their minds? What if they really did miss her and nothing else mattered?

As Scorpius showed up it only seemed to make matters worse. Jenna went to hug him right away and Toni had to try to hold back the eye roll this time. Just be civil for now Toni thought still in a rather shock that Jenna was here praying deep down that Jenna would not stay at Hogwarts much longer. In the mind of this Slytherin, the only purpose of Jenna's return was to drive a wedge into the group once more.

Looking around the great hall, Toni's eyes finally focused on Sam. Even at this confusing situation with the returning of Jenna, Sam could still make her smile. Tearing her eyes away from him, she leaned over at the table grabbing a cup. Toni really just needed something to keep herself busy. Pouring her some water, she took a few sips before turning her attention back to the group, having nothing really to say.

Hoshi let Jenna go to hug Knight while looked at the rest of them. "Yo Sam-kun, Taylor-chan." She said ingnoring Toni because she knew that any interaction between them would just result in a lot of badness. Especially if Jenna was here. Jenna was the only one that could see Toni for what she really was. "Here, I maybe a little banged up after what just happened but I hope you still like it Sam-kun." She said handing Sam the box she had brought with her. She turned back to Knight and Jenna. "So where my hug Knight-kun?" She asked jokenly.

Hoshi shook her head at Jenna. "Really well we didn't miss you at all Jenna-chan. We where just misrable with your leaving for like ages! You should not have left us at all Hogwarts was just not the same!" Hoshi said putting her hands on her heavely studed and belted hips. She looked around at everyone else. "Well we have everyone here so... Let's get this party started!" She said pulling out her magical music divice and giving it to Sam. "Since it's you birthday you chose what we listen to." She said her grin all the wider now that Jenna was back in the picture.

"Hey Hoshi" Sam grinned at his friend who had just let go of Jenna from a tight hug. As she handed him a present Sam felt bad in taking it. He couldn't believe his friends got him something, just them being here was perfect. "Thanks Hoshi, but again, you really didn't have to." Sam said placing the gift next to the growing pile. Listening to Hoshi jokingly giving out to Jenna Sam left, "Yeah it really wasn't the same without you." He said shaking his head sadly.

When Hoshi gave him her magical music device Sam grinned, "Oh I feel so special." He joked with a wink and picked one of his all time favourite songs. He handed the device back to Hoshi. Sam stepped back and sat on the table resting his feet on the long bench. He took a sip from his juice and placed the goblet back on the table. Feeling that Toni would feel slighty uncomfortable at the fact that Jenna was back and Hoshi was here he looked over to her and smiled. If that was him in the situation and Beau returned Sam wouldn't be able to take it as well as Toni was. He then quickly looked away after feeling his heart race a little. That was never a good sign, he always acted like a dork when that happened. Sam let his eyes wander around the vast hall not really knowing what he was looking at or looking for, but at least they weren't on Toni.

Emily Meminger had - much to her surprise - over heard that it was Samuel Prince's birthday, so she had gotten him what would appear as a misty, colourful ball. She knew that some would think it was a Rememberall but it wasn't. What it really did was the user could point the small square on the silver lining to whoever they pleased and would be able to see their aura from that. Of course this Ravenclaw first year could do that just by looking at someone's hands or above their head, but she didn't know about her older friend.

With a sundrop smile, she offered a wave to Zazuka and Kailey as she left her dorm after changing into a white sundress and pulling her long blonde hair into a messy pony tail. Emma walked down the moving staircases. She didn't enjoy the feeling of the moving staircases, it made her stomach anxious so she made it down quite quickly.

Immediately her chocolate brown eyes caught a group of students that looked around her age, yet still young enough to still be juniors. She smiled hazily, and walked towards the group, assuming that Samuel was there as well. She adjusted her large coke bottle glasses on the bridge of her nose and said with the same dreamy tone to her Scottish accent, "Samuel. Happy Birthday." Emma looked up at the older students around her, and recognized the jealous aura of an older Slytherin girl, Toni, if she wasn't mistaken. Her gaze trailed back to Sam, and stuck out her arm that held the small orb that was held in a petite gift box.

OOC: Do you mind me posting Louise?

[[Well I think I'd prefer it if it was just Sam's 'group' of friends since Jenna is back and all. Sorry about that. Though I wouldn't mind having another RP with Emma? ^_^ ]]

Scorpius eagerly wrapped his arms around the petite blonde which he once called his best friend and smiled weakly when he heard her whisper an apology into his ear. When he parted from her he smiled at her reassuringly and stepped back, laughing at Hoshi's declaration of her hug. "Come here you," he joked, enveloping his red-haired friend into an overly tight hug on purpose. Once he released her she said to get the party started and handed Sam her magical music device. Scorpius resumed his position beside Taylor and wrapped his arm around her as he watched Sam and Toni avoid each other yet again. A small smile crept on his face though he could've just played it off as if he were enjoying himself at Sam's little get together. He wanted to talk to Jenna, ask her how she was and more importantly, why she didn't bother keeping in touch, but today was Sam's day. Scorpius cold also sense that Toni was not okay with Jenna being back and part of him felt this sense of talking to her about it. He and Toni hadn't talked in so long anyway it was unreal, but of course, right now was not the time. "So, are you going to open your gifts or what mate?" Scorpius asked with a laugh.

Taylor stayed quiet as Scorpius arrived and hugged Jenna and laughed at Hoshi's comment. She noticed vaugely that the group seemed to have returned to some normality as Hoshi pulled out a music played an requested Sam pick a song. The shock of Jenna being back wearing off a little and everyone settling in. Of course it wouldnt be completely back to normal any time soon, but they could at least feel comfortable for now.

As Scorp's arm went around her, Taylor grinned up at him and snaked her own arm around his waist. At least that cleared up Jenna's question of what happened to Luna. Taylor thought with a small amount of satisfaction. She looked over at Sam and flashed him a grin when Scorp suggested opening his gifts. Although Taylor was still yet to get Sam something, she knew exactly what that something would be and was eager to see what everyone else had got him.

Jennifer smiled softly at Scorpius as they pulled away. She stepped back where Hoshi's place had been as they stood around here. She pressed her lips together, remembering that she had a little something for Sam that would be more as an apology then anything. Because she didn't wish to be the center of attention she decided she would summon it later. Her thinly shaped eye brows rose as she saw Scorpius wrap his arm around Taylor. Surprising, she thought before smiling. They looked really very cute together, but anyone was better then Luna in her opinion.

Jenn glanced over at Sam, and followed his gaze to Toni, a small smirk formed on her lips. Someone fancies someone, she sung in her mind. She could read Sam better then herself, so it was really quite simple to see this. Of course she didn't have any feelings from Sam, other then friendly ones, so she had no problem with him liking Toni. She glanced over at Hoshi and smiled softly. There is so much I have to catch up on! she said with her eyes as a grin formed on her lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back