Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
???
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Blackthorn Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
It was a couple of days after the Quidditch match against Gryffindor and Paige could still hardly believe that she had managed to catch the snitch and win the inter-house championship for Slytherin. And while it was nice that they had won, she didn't really have anyone to talk to it about - someone she actually liked talking to. Even though Paige was hardly ever alone, she'd never actually made a friend with whom she could hang out with between classes and such. It was Chloe she wanted to see and talk to, however. Lately, she had come to realise that she had been less than nice towards her cousin, which was something she now wanted to change. If that was even possible. She had said some rather mean things to the one person her parents were actually encouraging her to talk more to now that the whole family lived in New Zealand, and she had blown it because she had been jealous. It was stupid, she could see that now, but would Chloe still want to be friends after almost three years of barely haven spoken a word to each other? Well, she was about to find out, she guessed. She had brought a bag of chips and some sodas with her to the student lounge and was now waiting for her cousin to come too. She wouldn't and really couldn't hold it against Chloe if she decided not to accept her invitation to hang out for a bit.

Chloë wasn't exactly sure why her cousin had asked her if she wanted to come hang out a couple of days after losing the quidditch match to slytherin. What did she want from her? Did she ask her to come so she could gloat about how they had won, how she had won? She hoped not and she didn't think her cousin would stoop so low but then again there was no way to be sure. Chloë also wasn't sure why she had decide to take Paige up on the offer and now found herself making her way towards the students lounge. It wasn't like they were friends, they weren't even close. They hadn't even really spoken to each other since the beginning of their first year. If that would've been all things might've looked a little brighter. But that wasn't all. Her cousin had been mean to her, rude. So much that even some of her friends had noticed. Still she had decided to go and find her cousin anyways. Chloë was certainly curious about why her cousin had invited her, but she had her guard up nonetheless. Not entirely sure what she was walking into or why Paige had suddenly now wanted to hang out she made her way into the student lounge, plopping down on a seat close to her cousin. "So," She started as she crossed her arms, her tone of voice clearly indicating she was sceptical about the situation, "What's up?"

She could tell by the tone of her cousin's voice that she wasn't exactly trusting of Paige's invitation t to hang out, which she thought was only fair given their past encounters. ''Nothing. I just wanted to spend some time with you if you were up for it,'' the girl replied, trying her best to sound as nice as possible. She knew that it would not be easy to be forgiven for the things that she had said and done but hoped that an attempt at a friendship could be made, again. They had been fine before she knew that her cousin would be going to Hogwarts as well, in fact, it was her excitement for Quidditch and Chloë's willingness to learn how to fly that had brought them together when her dad's family first moved to New Zealand. And now that friendship was gone all because Paige had grown jealous of the fact that she would not be the only one in the family going to Hogwarts New Zealand for a while. She grabbed a handful of chips, looking around her awkwardly before eventually turning to Chloë again. ''How have you been?'' she asked carefully.

"Right." Chloë said with a little nod of her head, trying not to frown at her cousin's answer. "Well I'm here, so I guess that's something." She still didn't know why Paige wanted to hang out with her all of a sudden but she also didn't want to just shoot down something that seemed like an attempt from her cousin at being nice to her again. Paige, despite being her cousin, had been her first real friend after moving to new zealand and if she was honest Chloë kind of missed hanging out with her, being friends with her, but she found it difficult to just push past three years of her cousin trying to pretend she didn't exist. Even if she could possibly be willing to give Paige a chance again it wasn't just going to happen by asking her to hang out or being nice to her again. Sure, it was a start but if she read the room right and reconciliation was truly what her cousin was after then there was one definite thing she'd have to do to get Chloë to give her a chance again: apologize. "I've been good." Chloë shrugged at her cousin's next question, wondering if Paige was really going to try and keep up a casual conversation as if things were normal between them. "Just wondering why you've decided to acknowledge my existence all of a sudden." She wasn't trying to be bitter, really she wasn't, but she had grown since their first year and even if it could be nice to be friends with her cousin again the reality was that she had also been fine without her.

Whilst Paige had no trouble with being honest about the reason as to why she had been so mean and distant towards Chloë for three years herself, she found it difficult to be honest towards her cousin about it. Jealously was a bad thing, her parents had thought her that much when she was younger, but with everything happening all at once, it had been rather easy to get jealous of the fact that she would not be the only Thompson to go to Hogwarts anymore. ''I'm sorry for my behaviour,'' the Slytherin said suddenly. ''I should not have been so mean to you when there was no reason for me to actually be mean.'' She didn't look at her cousin when she apologised, feeling a mixture of shame and pride run through her as she did so. She didn't like to apologise, it meant that she was wrong about something, which was another thing she didn't like. But Paige knew that she had to apologise for once.

Even though she wanted her cousin to apologize, needed her cousin to apologize if she was even going to stay in the room much longer Chloë was still surprised when Paige apologized. It annoyed her that Paige couldn't look at her though, trying to figure out if it was because she felt ashamed for how she had acted or just didn't really want to apologize at all. Nevertheless, she did apologize and as far as Chloë could tell it did seem like she meant it. Either that or Paige had somehow suddenly learned how to act, which she didn't think was it. "So why were you?" The gryffindor couldn't help but to ask when she mentioned not having any reason to have been so mean. She had been wanting to know why her cousin didn't want her at the school so maybe perhaps this was the moment Paige would actually confide in her or something. "Thanks though, for apologizing." Chloë added later with a small smile. She didn't know if she'd be willing to happily be friends with her cousin right away and act like the whole situation never happened, but at the very least she was glad that Paige had at least been able to push away her pride just enough to be able to apologize.

It took Paige a moment to fess up the reason why she had been so mean. ''I was jealous,'' the Slytherin said, swallowing the last of her pride and looking up at her cousin. ''I thought that I would be the only one of the family going to Hogwarts for a while. Mom and Dad hardly ever care about me. Cooper as the oldest and Piper as the youngest, it's always about them - I'm not important enough, apparently. So when I learned that I would be the only one going to this school for some time, I thought that I could have my moment to make them proud for once and have them actually notice me. But then your parents said that you'd be attending Hogwarts, too. And you know that my parents love you, so they instantly went like, 'Oh I'm so happy for Chloë, she will have a wonderful time.' and not 'Oh, Pidge, I know you'll have the grandest of times at our old school.' So I got jealous and started being mean to you.'' She hardly ever used her the nickname given to her by her family, thinking it sounded a bit childish, but she didn't care about that now. ''I know, it's stupid and I'm sorry.''

Chloë had been wanting to know why her cousin had acted the way she did ever since their first year and to hear Paige say that she was jealous honestly surprised her. How could she have been jealous of anything when they had only just gotten to the school when the whole situation happened. Neither of them even had a lot going on back then. She listened intently when her cousin continued to elaborate on it. It was hard for her to imagine her aunt and uncle not caring about one of their kids, that didn't sound like the people she knew. Chloë had always gotten along great with both of them ever since her family moved to new zealand, but then again they were her aunt and her uncle, not her parents, and she'd never know what it would be like to be the middle child. She was the youngest and her parents and brother had always cared for her, as well as her aunt and her uncles had, so to hear how Paige had felt in her own family made her feel bad. "I guess I kind of get it." Chloë shrugged, now at least somewhat able to understand her cousin's reasoning behind it all. "I mean I don't understand, or agree, with your actions, but not at least I kind of get where it was coming from." She added. She still wasn't proud of how her cousin had acted and she liked to think she would've done things differently if she had been in her shoes, but she'd never know. Now that Paige had apologized perhaps she'd just have to accept that she'd never fully understand and try to just let it go, leave it in the past, even if that could take some time. "I think you're wrong about your parents though," Chloë said with a slight hint of a smile. "I'm positive they do care about you."

Was it wrong for Paige to assume that her parents would not care about her as the middle child? Perhaps, yes, but she still often felt as if her parents did not really care what she was doing as long as she wasn't getting herself into too much trouble. Of course Chloë did not agree with her actions, she did not do so either now that she had been thinking about it for a couple of days. It had started a chain of thoughts, as she wanted to know where the jealousy had come from and if she'd always been this jealous in the past. She had concluded that it all started once her little sister was born, once her parents no longer took her out for a stroll around the park but her sister. That and the fact that her brother had just started his education at his school of choosing made it so that Paige was kind of moving to the background, silently doing whatever she'd do when she was younger. Still, she was relieved that Chloë seemed to understand where the jealousy was coming from. ''Thank you,'' the Slytherin muttered to her cousin. ''And I know that it might take a while for you to forgive me and potentially become friends again, but if you'd let me, I would like to make it up to you?'' She had never really been that good with words and it was sort of showing now. Paige could only hope that Chloë knew that she truly meant it. She truly needed friends after all.

The fact that Paige had asked her to meet up in the first place had already given Chloë the idea that something was up. She had been sceptical at first, wondering if her cousin had asked her to come so she could gloat about winning the quidditch game. Even if she certainly didn't want to think so poorly of the girl, the thought had still crossed her mind. She had even debated not going for a second, but hearing Paige apologize and knowing that her cousin was honestly trying to reconcile with her made her glad that she did. It wasn't as if Chloë felt like she wasn't ever going to forgive her, she wasn't much of a bitter person and she definitely didn't like holding a grudge. It was just that three years was kind of a long time, especially at their age, and she wondered if they'd be able to get along as well as they used to. She was willing to give it a try though. "Sure." Chloë gave a little nod in response. "I mean it might take a little while but yeah, we can try." She continued, before giving her cousin a small smile. "And hey, next year we won't even be the only two Thompsons anymore so we might as well set a good example right?"

With everything that was going on in her own life, Paige had completely forgotten about the next batch of Thompsons that would soon be joining them at Hogwarts. ''Is that next year already?'' she asked. She knew that she and her sister were nothing alike, which she was thankful for to be honest, but Piper was still so small and reckless and impulsive, and Hogwarts could be a pretty intimidating place for a first-year student. They indeed would have to set a good example for them. Hopefully, they wouldn't get themselves in the same position as her and Chloë, as there was really no need for any further animosity between the Thompson children. This thing with Chloë had been stupid and completely unnecessary, which she should have figured out way sooner. Paige grabbed another handful of chips. ''Do you think they'll like it here?''

Chloë had to admit it was nice to have somewhat of a normal conversation with her cousin after years of pretty much no communication whatsoever. It still wasn't how she'd act with any one of her other friends, but she was willing to give Paige a chance to get things right again at least. "Yup, definitely is." She nodded in response to her cousin's question, trying not to laugh at the fact that she had to ask the question at all. Her own little sister was one of their family members that'd attend the school next year after all. Surely, she knew how old her own sister was. Chloë wonderd if perhaps Paige had been so busy with the whole ignoring her thing that she had forgotten next year they wouldn't be the only two Thompson's anymore. She wondered if it would turn out to be anything like when their dads and other uncle had been at the school together, because those stories had always sounded like a lot of fun. What she knew for certain was that she'd definitely keep an eye on her younger cousins once they'd arrive. "Yeah, I think they will." Chloë responded to Paige's second question with a small smile. "Can't wait to see where they'll end up though." She added, curious as to what houses the hat would place her cousins in.

Paige was truly surprised that her sister and cousin would join them at Hogwarts so soon. It had always seemed like so far away when she first got to the castle that it still seemed like so far away before her little sister would eventually come too. She was excited about it, though. While she had always been jealous about not being the only one to go to the school, she always knew that eventually she wouldn't be the only one, she was now actually quite excited to show Piper around and have her meet the people Paige looked up to. She was even excited a little for Isaiah to experience it all. ''I'm guessing Piper will either be a Hufflepuff or a Gryffindor given how bright and bubbly and impulsive she is,'' the Slytherin replied. The conversation was still a little awkward but at least they were talking to each other again, which really was the only thing that counted in her eyes.

Even though Chloë tried her best to just have some sort of normal conversation with her cousin the awkwardness after having been through the whole 'ignoring you even exist' situation for almost three full years was still very much present. Nevertheless, she tried and even more important she knew her cousin was trying and at the second she figured that was what's important. When Paige talked about her sister Chloë wanted to make a joke about them being polar opposites but decided against it. She was used to joking around with her friends a lot, but she didn't feel like in this case it would work. "I think that's a pretty solid guess." She nodded instead. She was honestly looking forward to the younger kids joining them at the school, showing them around if they wanted to and just being there to guide them whenever necessary. "But then again the hat always manages to surprise." Chloë shrugged, neither her nor her parents having expected her to end up in gryffindor at her own sorting but now realizing how right the hat had been in placing her there. "Can you imagine the chaos though if they end up in the same house?" She chuckled.

Paige did not know if things could ever return to the way things were before she had found out about her cousin going to Hogwarts as well, she was pretty sure that she had ruined any possibility of the two of them becoming as close as they once were again, but the fact that Chloë was still here talking to her gave her at least a little bit of hope that things could maybe turn out alright. She chuckled at what her cousin said, thinking that if their siblings would be sorted into the same house that the professors of Hogwarts would have their handful with those two. She'd like to see Isaiah and Piper run around the school doing what they did best. ''If they do end up in the same house, it'll really be up to us to set a good example for them or else they'll do their own thing,'' Paige answered. She definitely wouldn't mind looking after her sister and her cousin, it'd give her something to do at least. While she enjoyed the Quidditch team, she never really made the time to make friends, which was the reason the two of them were currently sitting here. Maybe she should join one of those clubs to make friends, she surely needed them.

All sorts of different scenario's started playing in Chloë's head after she asked her cousin that question and most of them just ended in complete and utter chaos. She liked both of her cousins, enjoyed hanging out with them, but the idea of them being this impulsive duo if they ended up in the same house sounded like a handful. She knew it wasn't her or Paige's job to look after them, but she felt like they both were going to do so anyways. That's what family was for anyways. "Definitely." Chloë agreed with a nod before adding something more. "At least we know they'll get along when they're here." She didn't mean anything more by it than just the fact that her cousins always seemed to get along well, but after a couple of seconds she realized that it was possible for Paige to interpret what she had said the wrong way. "I.. didn't mean it like that though.." She quickly added before Paige could get anything in, just in case her cousin did think she was referring to their whole situation which truly had not been her intention. Then again she had thought Paige and her got along just fine before they got to school as well. But her cousins weren't anything like them and she didn't think it likely anything bad would happen between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back